[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• Options
    They better not be letting those who got 20 maul shards keep them, not without giving everyone 20. That would be completely unfair.

How it it "unfair" to anyone who took the time to play it?
    "You're All Rebels, Aren't You?"
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Fatal1tyv2 wrote: »
    They better not be letting those who got 20 maul shards keep them, not without giving everyone 20. That would be completely unfair.

Because their time zone or real life obligations may have prevented some people from playing. It wasn't even up for a full day.
  • Options

It is simple, Refund of Crystal or Keep Maul Shard, You spend crystals to get shards... This is 100% OK. But if you want Maul shards and refund crystals... Not fair.
  • Options

It is absolutely unfair, EVERYONE thought they'd have two weeks to work on this conquest. Not hey you better hurry up and get as far as possible in less than 24 hours because it's going down and if you want maul shards you better rush and buy them as soon as it starts.

Also, to refund them crystals for the energy they spent and then on top of that allow them to keep the shards would be as the others said, unfair.
  • Options
    Actually everyone should rejoice! We are witnessing something majestic, something thats truly unique!!
    Never ever has this happened before!

A once completed game getting pounded so hard its pushed back into beta stage. Marvelous.
  • Options
    So we only receive 30 shards for CAT at most… just sell the pack already then. What are you guys waiting on…
  • Joebo720
    648 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    All busy putting out the dumpster fire that was open for a total of 6 hours after being delayed weeks. Figure if they didn't bother testing Sector 1 then S5 would have been a treat.
  • Options
    Can we expect to see CAT and/or Maul packs in the store until this is back up?
  • Options
    I have been playing this game since 2015.
    After so many ups and downs this is the first time I have seen so many errors in such a short time in the game.
    Money is important, but treating it as the main goal of your company to the detriment of good customer service is one of the worst decisions you can make.
    They have ruined the game mode that everyone previously enjoyed just to make it more difficult for their massive player base.
    Reconsider the latest changes to the game, listen to what the vast majority of players want, and try not to implement new game modes without first testing them and exposing them fully and thoroughly to your player base so they can evaluate all aspects that they like and dislike.
  • Options
    Whatever dev in any game really thinks feats like kill x for y times is fun should actually start to play the game. Who really thinks its an upgrade to now for 7+ type of squads to play 10+ times each is fun misses the point. This quest design got scrapped 10+ years ago already because devs finally understood its simply just a bad time sink design and no one has fun with it.

If you want to hard cap certain rewards than well let them do 1 fight with mando, phoenix etc squad i do not mind. But to let people here just over and over go inside with the same dull fight is just unfun. Would have made even more sense to actually do fleet fights in the conquest.

Get creative, stop simply asking 10+ fights/40+ kills with x y z squad thats boring. No one wants to do that - this is a game and not work.
  • Options
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »
    They literally said they would

Thanks- can you point me to the thread or posting where they said it? It’s hard to find amid all the love that this flustercluck has thrown up

I’m answering my own question - it’s this post that I’d missed https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/248718/hotfix-08-30-2021#latest
  • Azazel224
    14 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Gotta love all the whales got her when shards were reduced and now no worries about anyone else in the game to make the whales happy. CG has really made it hard to play this game for fun any longer.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Si0n
    117 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Leave it to CG to ruin a party.
    One good thing came out of this though. The 500£ which I was supposed to invest for finalising the LV reqs went over to MK X mobile where you do get quality for your money.
    There are better games out there which deserve my money. Take it from someone who has all GL’s, CAT, Executor, BB and every other possible whale character that you can think of.
    This latest show of incompetency was the last straw.
    P.S: I hated the nerfs for non GL’s. Made GAC and TW stale.
  • Options
    Actually a lot of veteran FTP got Ashoka with no crystals at all. For Maul, well, it is going to be different.
  • Asifab
    140 posts Member
    Options
    I am hoping that someone from CG will come in here and give us an answer.

Will those who were able to get maul shards prior to the conquest being cancelled get to keep those shards?

I'm really hoping that the answer is no, considering had everyone known that it was going to get canceled and you got to keep your maul shards we'd of all rushed in and spent the crystals to refresh to get as many shards as possible.
  • Options
    Lowering Ashoka shards now that the whales have her is a typical move these days. I should be able to unlock her with 2/3 more but now it will be at least 5 conquests with the rewards. Who thinks this game is fun?
  • Options
    I got CAT as a FTP player… you can do refreshes and not be a whale you know…
  • Options
    Something that I don't think has been mentioned is the Energy requirements for Conquest.

In previous conquests you got a total of 1824 which @ 15/battle was the equivalent of 121 battles.
    However @ 20/battle this drops to 91 battles worth of energy.

However the number of battles (through feats) has been increased and also the energy is required to swap data disks now which wasn't a previous requirement.

Has this been addressed by giving additional sources of energy (such as additional daily as we get for cantina etc. Or can this be looked at as part of the bug review.

Otherwise we would need to refresh at least 5 times just to get back to our previous number of battles.
    If you are getting 1st in both arenas that's not a problem however not everyone does or can and making them spend just to break even seems a fundamental issue.
  • Options
    Azazel224 wrote: »
    Lowering Ashoka shards now that the whales have her is a typical move these days. I should be able to unlock her with 2/3 more but now it will be at least 5 conquests with the rewards. Who thinks this game is fun?

I didn't whale one bit on any of the conquests thus far and have her unlocked.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I got CAT as a FTP player… you can do refreshes and not be a whale you know…

I spend more crystals on a hard node getting a marquee toon to 7* than I’ll need to get a super powerful toon like Maul to 7*

Conquest requires refreshes now but it’s still super cheap compared to any other toon release structure (about 250 per run or so)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Azazel224 wrote: »

They laid out the cadence when she was first introduced. They told us the amount offered in the prize box would be reduced, months ago.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI some folks got Maul shards, will they all get removed to even up the playing field again at the restart?

What difference does 5 shards make?
    Does that mean we are all getting 5 Maul shards on the house? :p

• Options
    M1hkel0 wrote: »
    If my 30 battles estimate is correct, then 30x20 = 600 conquest energy to finish zone 1 -- at 1 energy generated every 12 min is 6120 min
    102 hours, or 4 days, just to finish zone 1

Is this really what you wanted, because I never got any Red boxes and now I never Will. This is stupid!!
    Just because some people got Red boxes "too Easy" you thought it would be reasonable to THIS ?!?

No. That is not the reason at all. That's their made up stupid excuse for it. They changed it because too many ppl unlocked CAT first time around and they want to be able to monetize Maul better. So this is what they came up with.
  • Options
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

We are aware of several issues pertaining to Conquest 7 and are investigating. We will provide more details as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

There used to be a time where CG would give out free stuff when an event was cancelled, I used to really respect that about SWGOH and cg. Alas it seems they don't care about the game or the player base like they used to, so why should I care to part with my money on a game that nobody cares about anymore. F2P from here on out??
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    They laid out the cadence when she was first introduced. They told us the amount offered in the prize box would be reduced, months ago.

That’s true, except that they changed the parameters of HOW you will get the max number of shards. People in my guild are quitting bc they essentially can’t get enough shards now to finish the unlock. Really hard to defend what was done here in my opinion.

I have CAT already so this doesn’t impact me as much as others, but if i was 30-40 shards from unlocking her you better believe I would be more furious about this.