[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Azazel224 wrote: »
    Lowering Ashoka shards now that the whales have her is a typical move these days. I should be able to unlock her with 2/3 more but now it will be at least 5 conquests with the rewards. Who thinks this game is fun?

They laid out the cadence when she was first introduced. They told us the amount offered in the prize box would be reduced, months ago.

Reduced compared with her first 3 conquests. Not reduced compared with RC's 4th-6th conquests.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    RezaTorin wrote: »
    They laid out the cadence when she was first introduced. They told us the amount offered in the prize box would be reduced, months ago.

That’s true, except that they changed the parameters of HOW you will get the max number of shards. People in my guild are quitting bc they essentially can’t get enough shards now to finish the unlock. Really hard to defend what was done here in my opinion.

I have CAT already so this doesn’t impact me as much as others, but if i was 30-40 shards from unlocking her you better believe I would be more furious about this.

I mean, this is one way to encourage players to take conquest seriously (will take 4+ conquests to max the toons out that you missed out on)
  • Options
    M1hkel0 wrote: »
    If my 30 battles estimate is correct, then 30x20 = 600 conquest energy to finish zone 1 -- at 1 energy generated every 12 min is 6120 min
    102 hours, or 4 days, just to finish zone 1

Is this really what you wanted, because I never got any Red boxes and now I never Will. This is stupid!!
    Just because some people got Red boxes "too Easy" you thought it would be reasonable to THIS ?!?

No. That is not the reason at all. That's their made up stupid excuse for it. They changed it because too many ppl unlocked CAT first time around and they want to be able to monetize Maul better. So this is what they came up with.

No, it is both CAT and R8 materials in the max crate.

Is it just a coincidence that they had a $50 bundle for 50% of the materials you need to go from R7 to R8 for sale the same day this Conquest was launching? That was their message that for $50 you can get the R8 materials you will be missing this Conquest since they made it too hard this time.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options
    nottenst wrote: »
    If my 30 battles estimate is correct, then 30x20 = 600 conquest energy to finish zone 1 -- at 1 energy generated every 12 min is 6120 min

Is this really what you wanted, because I never got any Red boxes and now I never Will. This is stupid!!
    Just because some people got Red boxes "too Easy" you thought it would be reasonable to THIS ?!?

No. That is not the reason at all. That's their made up stupid excuse for it. They changed it because too many ppl unlocked CAT first time around and they want to be able to monetize Maul better. So this is what they came up with.

Is it just a coincidence that they had a $50 bundle for 50% of the materials you need to go from R7 to R8 for sale the same day this Conquest was launching? That was their message that for $50 you can get the R8 materials you will be missing this Conquest since they made it too hard this time.

They have that sale going on after every other week I think, so you are reading too much into it

That pack runs 2-3 times a month, every month, since r8 was introduced
  • Options
    It was all planned. A diistraction for all the changes they did last period and a lot of people are frustrated about. Now we all focus on these so called bugs in conquest. They give us some compensation and we forget they messed up the whole game with the nerfs and unbeatable metas. They are after our money more then ever before.
  • Options
    They’ve reduced the cat shards disproportionately compared to RC so I won’t hear any nonsense about cadence.
    Not to mention the delays!
    I've swallowed everything they’ve fired at me up to now but this time my gag reflex has kicked in.
    I’m done.
  • Options
    Lowering Ashoka shards now that the whales have her is a typical move these days. I should be able to unlock her with 2/3 more but now it will be at least 5 conquests with the rewards. Who thinks this game is fun?

Reduced compared with her first 3 conquests. Not reduced compared with RC's 4th-6th conquests.

This is the problem Kyno. RC dropped to 44 shards. Basically everywhere else in the game ships drop less shards then toons, but here the number of shards for CAT have not only dropped but dropped below the previous standard. On top of that, the difficulty level has been significantly increased. So someone like myself who was under hard mode reqs for the first CAT conquest, but still red boxed normal, then red boxed the next two on hard mode, and purchased shards. Now I am still going to be at least 2 more conquests in best case scenario to get CaT and that's assuming I purchase every shard possible.

Obviously everyone expected a drop, just not in this manner, smh.
  • Options
    It was all planned. A diistraction for all the changes they did last period and a lot of people are frustrated about. Now we all focus on these so called bugs in conquest. They give us some compensation and we forget they messed up the whole game with the nerfs and unbeatable metas. They are after our money more then ever before.

No one will forget the nerfs - don’t kid yourself. Just wait until LSTB when no one can 4/4 the GAS mission next week because of how much less powerful he is now.
  • Options
    And not many people are commenting on the fact that they made CAT (literally a marquee 2.0 which everybody will eventually have) better than GAS (one of the hardest and most demanding characters of the game). I have JMK and without CAT he is honestly slightly better than garbage. But barely...

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    RC awarded fewer shards on its "main" run, though. It can't really be considered a part of the cadence since things weren't really settled by then. CAT is the first "proper" Conquest unit.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    nottenst wrote: »

They have that sale going on after every other week I think, so you are reading too much into it

That pack runs 2-3 times a month, every month, since r8 was introduced

So, not a coincidence in timing. I guess they just weren't meeting sales quotas on that pack due to people getting R8 materials for free in the old Conquest.
  • Options
    Scrap this steaming pile of Bantha doo and just go back to Conquest 6 format with new bosses.

It's like you don't even want us to have fun in this game mode. Repetition usually isn't fun. And repetition just for the sake of repetition certainly isn't fun. Roughly doubling the number of battles required, and reducing the available energy for them by about 25% with the excuse that people were completing it too fast is just insulting. We all know better.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    MBRedline wrote: »

This is the problem Kyno. RC dropped to 44 shards. Basically everywhere else in the game ships drop less shards then toons, but here the number of shards for CAT have not only dropped but dropped below the previous standard. On top of that, the difficulty level has been significantly increased. So someone like myself who was under hard mode reqs for the first CAT conquest, but still red boxed normal, then red boxed the next two on hard mode, and purchased shards. Now I am still going to be at least 2 more conquests in best case scenario to get CaT and that's assuming I purchase every shard possible.

Nauros wrote: »
    RC awarded fewer shards on its "main" run, though. It can't really be considered a part of the cadence since things weren't really settled by then. CAT is the first "proper" Conquest unit.

• Options
    Why not just run one more conquest in the old format?
    Don’t understand why they let us wait so long for no 7 in the first place.
    Now when they have problems just let us play one more like the good old days.

CG has already made many of their players disappointed with the big nerf now this.
    If they care about us the players a gesture of good will would be needed now.
  • Options
    Zanir wrote: »

I'm all for crapping on CG, but y'all have to stop saying this. We were warned months ago about the unit cadence in conquest: 3 runs as the top rewards, 3 runs as the secondary reward, possible to unlock within the first 3 runs if you get max crates and buy all scavenger shards. People who have CAT did exactly that: got 3 red crates and bought the 20 shards from scavenger for 3 conquests. We knew her shards would be reduced this time around.

Now, conquest being a disaster and getting canceled after 5 hours and CAT shards awarding only 30 in the red crate are issues worth bringing up, but you weren't robbed because you assumed you'd still get 90 shards. That's your own fault for not reading the updates.

Nice point. This Conquest is disaster for many reasons but not for CAT shards... Burn this terrible idea and go back to conquest 6
  • Options
    Ironically I am ok with making it more difficult and have to use more of your roster. The only issue for me is not seeing the speeds and the guessing game on who will go first which makes a huge difference.

Energy has now become the precious commodity, so all I ask is to please give us a tracker for feats, speeds on enemies and let us have some fun trying out the different data discs without the tradeoff of being able to play the game.

A large portion of the fun is being able to use all the different discs you designed, so why make us choose between changing discs and playing the game?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nick_74 wrote: »

CG has already made many of their players disappointed with the big nerf now this.

The new one is meant to be harder, so they wanted to limit the amount of Mauls in the wild and running one old version would interfere with that. This is somewhat understandable, the original hard mode wasn't really that hard, but imo they overcompensated by the double whammy of increased energy and more feats. One or the other would have been sufficient.
    Either way, it's all moot since it's totally broken. They might have to resort to running the old version anyway.
  • Options

I'm all for crapping on CG, but y'all have to stop saying this. We were warned months ago about the unit cadence in conquest: 3 runs as the top rewards, 3 runs as the secondary reward, possible to unlock within the first 3 runs if you get max crates and buy all scavenger shards. People who have CAT did exactly that: got 3 red crates and bought the 20 shards from scavenger for 3 conquests. We knew her shards would be reduced this time around.

Now, conquest being a disaster and getting canceled after 5 hours and CAT shards awarding only 30 in the red crate are issues worth bringing up, but you weren't robbed because you assumed you'd still get 90 shards. That's your own fault for not reading the updates.

Sorry if I didn't explain my point correctly, English is not my first language. We knew CAT shards would be reduced, but we didn't ķnow the reduction percentage would be much bigger with CAT than it was with RC.
    I'm still far from JMK, and I'm patient. I can wait for her to become farmable. But it's still an unpleasant surprise.
    I would love for conquest to be like version 6. Maybe change enemies and disks, but keep the basics.
  • Options
    adubwa wrote: »
    So we only receive 30 shards for CAT at most… just sell the pack already then. What are you guys waiting on…

I hope so.
  • Options
    I find it mildly amusing that cashgrab was released and closed within 6 hours after a 2 week delay. Couldn't even be bothered with testing sector 1. It's like they don't have a single tester on the payroll.

But i guess when you use your customers as testers you don't have to pay anyone.
  • Options

The new one is meant to be harder, so they wanted to limit the amount of Mauls in the wild and running one old version would interfere with that. This is somewhat understandable, the original hard mode wasn't really that hard, but imo they overcompensated by the double whammy of increased energy and more feats. One or the other would have been sufficient.
    Either way, it's all moot since it's totally broken. They might have to resort to running the old version anyway.

Why do people keep saying it is harder? This conquest is just as easy as the previous one. It's just more time consuming with the increased energy costs and the increased amount of feats. That's not harder. It's grindier.
  • Options

Sorry if I didn't explain my point correctly, English is not my first language. We knew CAT shards would be reduced, but we didn't ķnow the reduction percentage would be much bigger with CAT than it was with RC.
    I'm still far from JMK, and I'm patient. I can wait for her to become farmable. But it's still an unpleasant surprise.
    I would love for conquest to be like version 6. Maybe change enemies and disks, but keep the basics.

I was under the impression that the reduction meant that it would be reduced to what RC was. They didn't specify that it would be lower than RC. At least not in any announcements that I have seen. That is why I'm disappointed with how much we are getting now.
  • Options

Why do people keep saying it is harder? This conquest is just as easy as the previous one. It's just more time consuming with the increased energy costs and the increased amount of feats. That's not harder. It's grindier.

I would argue the feats are objectively harder to achieve. Whether actually beating all the battles is easier or harder remains to be seen (at least for me).
  • Options
    Gotta hand it to CG. A few months ago, everyone was offering ways to improve Conquest because they had tired of the same one on repeat. Now, everyone is begging for that one back because, sadly, it was better than this. CG truly are evil genies.
  • Options

I would argue the feats are objectively harder to achieve. Whether actually beating all the battles is easier or harder remains to be seen (at least for me).

There are many new teams - for instance, Bad Batch and newer Imperial comps. And maybe I just got unlucky with my Disks but I only got 1 non-Grey Disk in the first 1/2 of Tier 1.
  • Options
    MBRedline wrote: »

As is expected it should reward fewer shards, my point exactly. It is a SHIP, and by game standards should reward fewer. That also show a disproportionate result, RC dropped less on first run and more on second. CAT drops more on first run and less on second.

Fine, if CAT is the first "proper" toon, then standards should have remained in play until CAT was out and should have started with maul.

No matter how you try to soften it, there's no way this is going down easy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Will the same number of people get the red box, no....therefore harder. 🙃

Ok, but seriously. There are elements here that making it harder for players to complete and/or cost more, or make them judge crystal expenditure differently. Just like many other game modes there is some equivalency between roster depth/development and difficulty. More tries to beat something, or in this case complete feats, and what not.

No, no one means that the battles are harder (unless you are trying to win with non relic Phoenix), just doing things in those battles.

I dont think this is the kind of difficulty anyone would ask for, but maybe in smaller doses, vs this massive sweep.
  • Options

Will the same number of people get the red box, no....therefore harder. 🙃

Ok, but seriously. There are elements here that making it harder for players to complete and/or cost more, or make them judge crystal expenditure differently. Just like many other game modes there is some equivalency between roster depth/development and difficulty. More tries to beat something, or in this case complete feats, and what not.

No, no one means that the battles are harder (unless you are trying to win with non relic Phoenix), just doing things in those battles.

I dont think this is the kind of difficulty anyone would ask for, but maybe in smaller doses, vs this massive sweep.

Yeah. I took it as people saying the battles are harder. Which I don't see. But I understand what you are saying.
  • Options
    Everything has already been said about the horrible changes in this conquest game mode, I won't add anything new, but i have to add my voice:
    - the fact that it is impossible to accomplish without massive recourse to expensive energy refreshes
    - far too many feats, with ridiculous prerequisites
    - the insane difficulty of some squads (what the hell was wrong with the jawas?)
    - the obligatory and boring repetition of the same battles to fill those feats
    - the terribly long time needed to win the max crate, for decreasing rewards
    - the test phase which was obviously botched (if there was one at all)
    - the fact that you have deliberately ruined the most fun game mode with the biggest potential
    - the growing feeling that you treat your player base like milking cows, without any respect for them.

I fully agree with this massive statement. Get a grip, CG. Take care of your player base, work on what the community has been asking for for years: reworks of iconic characters that are currently worthless, quality of life updates (on mod management, pre-registered fleets, better officer management tools, a way to not have to use airplane mode when we need to control the validation of an attempt, a sandbox mode between allies, and every other obvious things you've known about for a very, very long time).

No one is blaming you for getting players to pay to get key characters faster, no one is blaming you for acting like a business and wanting to make a profit. But any self-respecting company has to satisfy its customers. Today, your community feels humiliated and angry. We feel like we are just wallets for which you have nothing but contempt.

This must change. And very quickly.