[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• TØMBSTØNE
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Honestly at what point is it enough?

When they notice a change to their revenue.

I'm not aware of any whales that have changed their spending habits. I've heard some forum posters saying they've had it and aren't spending, but none of the spenders in my guild have changed or pledged to. None of the content creators have stopped spending.

Even in this thread, you see countless folks saying this is the last straw. ****, please. If anyone was still paying until now, I don't believe them.

I'm about as avowed an anti-spender (since Malak) as you can find. But even I'm considering a vault to max Executor in September because not having one is causing me a lot of distress as a competitive GAC player, and I enjoy GAC streams with my guild mates enough to part with $100, even if CG is the recipient.

They've got us by the coconuts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've spent a whole bunch on this game, literally an amount I am ashamed to admit, I can see the developers don't really care about the game or its player base anymore so why should I. Say good bye to the thousands of dollars you could have made off of me cg. It's done, I can proudly say I am 100% ftp now. TØMBSTØNE from The STARJAMMERS!
  • Options
    I want to report another bug during this conquest, I click on the boxes and than their image disappear but I can still click and see their rewards
    vglc9yi230xj.jpg
  • Options
    Is Incapacatating Strike bugged? I seem to get 1 per battle with JMY rather than 1 for each attempt?
  • Options
    D4rthAle_ wrote: »
    I want to report another bug during this conquest, I click on the boxes and than their image disappear but I can still click and see their rewards
    vglc9yi230xj.jpg

I have exactly the same issue on the ipad, just wanted to post but you were first :)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Is Incapacatating Strike bugged? I seem to get 1 per battle with JMY rather than 1 for each attempt?

Nope, working just fine here.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Nope, working just fine here.

Hmmm...OK thank you.
  • Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI will there be another route to get CAT shards? I am at 3m gp so normal conquest is the right not one I can do. The max crate give 15 CAT shards now. Will that be it, just have to slow farm her at 15 shards or will we be getting another Avenue to farm her?

Not sure what the specific plan for the future of CAT shards will be. I'll def provide details when I can. But, it's intended that as new units come to Conquest (this time Maul), the older units (CAT and Razor Crest) rotate to other places where you'll still be able to get some shards.
  • Options
    D4rthAle_ wrote: »
    vglc9yi230xj.jpg

Forwarded to the team.
  • Options
    It seems that all starts when I click the box 06 and then the box 07 ,before the images disappears there is a black square that shows for just one second on the box 06. If I click on the other boxes before triggering this bug the ones that I clicked on disappears, if I do not click on them their images stays, but if I click on the remaining ones and then I retrigger the bug this boxes disappear
  • Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI is there any information on whether you are now expected to refresh energy in order to complete even basic feats (50 DS + 50 LS) compared to only getting energy to do 91 battles with the new battle cost. Is this WAI or an issue?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI some folks got Maul shards, will they all get removed to even up the playing field again at the restart?

What difference does 5 shards make?

Potentially the difference between G11 and garbage mods vs Relics and 6 dot mods. Which is a pretty insanely massive difference. Just because CG is making colossal mistakes it doesn't excuse them from their normal level of incompetence.

You aren't getting Maul one month early because of 5 shards.

That isn't the point. It's the principle of it and the fact that this mistake could lead to an unfair advantage for certain players. The fact that it happened with maul this time doesn't mean it isn't an issue.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    nottenst wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Not that anyone would believe me, but I am critical of them. I just do it in a different manner. Not everyone on the players side needs to carry a pitchfork. Doja does it for his profession, and I bet he didnt even wear pants during the pandemic zoom meetings. 😉

Forgive me if I have misinterpreted things, but it seems over the past couple of weeks of posts you have said that you expressed concerns to CG about most of the things we've been complaining about, before we even knew what was going on. They just didn't listen or take you seriously. Is that correct? If so, thanks and I hope someone there is listening now.

The moderation team has no advanced knowledge of things going on. We do discuss things usually early on and some times later, but that is theoretical on our end.

Yes we express player sentiment and our perspective on things, as do the players in the beta group. They do listen and change things based on that feedback, but by no means are these groups any sort of end point of development, and there are always choices made and things that will be implemented from the business side of things, as with any business.

Could you give an example of them "listening" I don't remember the last time they did anything that benefitted the players instead of just milking us for more money.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI the patch notes say that "Razor Crest was Removed from Scavenger and added to Conquest Shipments for purchase via Conquest Currency and Crystals" but the Razor Crest is still showing up on the Sector 1 Jawa Scavenger instead of CAT. Is this intended? Seems to contradict the patch notes.
  • Options
    Even if the bugs are fixed I think the game mode is ruined. If the new toons were available else where I would t even bother to play it.
  • Options
    I just used the Rebel attacker team (CLS, Han, Chewie, Chewpio, Wedge) and while it counts the sector feat it doesn’t count towards the global no tanks feat.
  • Options
    These feats (and by extension, Conquest) are utterly miserable.

Will not spend a single refresh on this Conquest, and the hours it would take to achieve the feats will be much better spent seeing family, friends, and doing things that are actually enjoyable.
  • Options
    @Nauros said:
    Increased energy cost - Absolutely not. There are better ways to increase engagement.
    Extra feats - Good idea that also serves to increase engagement, but it could use some polishing. First, the numbers are excessive, as was pointed out before. Second, make the feats interlock more. The part where we can put together a Jedi team to get pot down as well as Phoenix kills is an example how it should work, provide a puzzle to solve rather than a series of unrelated chores. The biggest offenders here are the full faction feats. Those should imo be replaced with something that encourages the faction, but isn't a hard requirement. Something like "Activate X payouts" or "Fulfill X contracts" for the BH feat, it just gives a bit more wiggle room.
    Minibosses - Again, good idea, could use improvement. The feats on those are laughable, though. If you insist on giving a single keycard, make it possible to get multiple feats at once. Replace full LS/DS with something like "Have at least one LS/DS character survive" so we can get it all at once with the right squad. Here are some ideas to improve minibosses:
    - non-standard units as (mini)bosses. We have AT-ST, Terentatek, Rancor... Use them.
    - optional minibosses. Make it possible to bypass the boss, at the cost of an extra battle or special rewards from going through it.
    - "wandering boss". Randomly (maybe once per sector), a node becomes a miniboss with extra rewards.
    And some more ideas for general improvement:
    - ship nodes. This one is self-evident.
    - dead end paths. A path that doesn't lead to the end of the sector but has some other reward at the end. Entirely optional, it would provide another motivation to get energy refreshes and stay in the conquest longer. Although it would need a special node that doesn't close off all the other paths and I'm not sure if the framework can handle it.
    - "build your own enemy". Basically special datadisks/consumables that boost the enemy for extra reward. Like you make the enemies start with extra protection, but get some currency if you beat them.
    - "handicaps". The same as "build your own enemy" but applying a detrimental effect to your team. It has the advantage of using the existing framework for disks/consumables.
    - practice mode. No energy, no rewards, no disks, no consumables, no modifiers. Just pick a node and fight it. Could be active when the "real" conquest is off.
    I hope it's not just shouting in the void and at least something actually reaches somewhere...

Nauros is giving great feedback. You should listen. I will emphasize a few things, but that doesn't mean I believe you shouldn't pay attention to other aspects of what they're saying.

Here are my supplemental thoughts:
    Dead end paths with CCBs, Signal Data, data disks (sectors 1 to 3) that are above average in quality for their sector/position and or shards (in sectors 4 & 5) from past featured toons/ships (right now that's only RC, but after another 3 conquests it could include CAT) is a truly excellent idea that would increase engagement without requiring chores for the main rewards.

Minibosses giving an extra reward rather than requiring playing through them 3x to get 1 (ONE) keycard for each extra battle is a much better idea than the current system.

Exceptional minibosses instead of squad leaders as minibosses is another superb idea. Fighting the AT/ST is much more interesting to me than fighting Padmé again. I fight Padmé every GAC.

Optional minibosses could be combined with Dead End Paths so that the reward at the end of the DEP is blocked by a miniboss.

SHIP NODES!!!!!!!

PRACTICE MODE!!!!!!

I have rarely seen a comment this well targeted at helping the devs improve the game we love. Please, please, please listen to Nauros. And thank them. They really put together some wonderful feedback for you.

As a bonus for you, CG, and because I am inspired by the build your own enemy/handicap ideas but can't see how they're very workable since folks could counter their own designed weaknesses with the data disks that they know they have and will use, I suggest:

Nightmare Zone: No consumables or data disks function for any fights vs. nodes in the nightmare zone. This can and should be only for Sector 2+, since Sector 1 doesn't have enough good data disks to miss them.

I STRONGLY recommend that one required node (possibly the minibus node?) in the main path be designated a Nightmare Zone, but optimal use is to combine this idea with the DEP idea from Nauros to have one DEP at each Sector level 2 and above that grants one of the rewards suggested:
    S2: Nightmare Zone DEP leads to CCBs and Bronzium Wiring
    S3: NZDEP leads to Signal Data
    S4: NZDEP leads to guaranteed Purple Disk
    S5: NZDEP leads to 5 shards of a formerly featured Ship/toon (All available, pick one)

Other (non Nightmare Zone) DEPs can offer less (a green/blue Data Disk or free consumable, CCBs with no Bronzium Wiring or 1/2 the CCBs and 1/3rd the BW, or can offer the same reward as in a previous sector (S4 standard DEP gives CCBs & BW equal to S2 NZDEP, S5 Std DEP gives Signal Data equal to S3 NZ DEP). Sector 1 DEP can simply offer one more data disk of average quality for S1 or a few CCBs (maybe 8? nothing major). This allows for TWO (2) DEPs per sector, in S2+ one of the two DEPs will also be a Nightmare Zone.

One other suggested bonus for a DEP is free conquest energy (120 energy, but if the path requires 3 battles, that's only a net of +60 energy). In this case you have people playing extra battles to get free energy to play more battles...

There's your extra engagement right there. Extra energy should be available in S1 DEP or possibly S1 and S2 DEP where you don't want to give out more substantial rewards.

On top of everything else, when DEPs do not help you gain a better crate (and they should not, no key cards should be earned in DEPs) but offer some other reward like energy, CCBs, Signal Data, Data Disks, etc., the statistics you gain from how often people play those DEPs will tell you something about how fun conquest is for your players. This is ESPECIALLY true for those rewards that simply further Conquest (e.g. energy, data disks) rather than for those DEPs that provide any benefit (no matter how small) outside of Conquest (CCBs, etc.)

If people with 8Mgp are playing NZ DEPs for energy, you know you're doing it right with creating a fun mode.

And, of course, if you find that people are targeting the CCB rewards even without the BW, or targeting the CCB rewards only when BW is also present, that can tell you something about the player experience with the relic mat crunch.

Again, please listen to Nauros, and particularly to the idea of DEPs which have huge potential to help you gather data on what players value and how much fun they're having.
  • Options
    Blaise25 wrote: »
    Just wondering if we are going to be reimbursed tickets/crystals we spent on the event…

Crystals spent on energy and anything spent on consumables will be returned.

when?
  • Options
    n5z2ke0oa4iw.jpg
    Probably win 10 times with 5 attacker and not win 5 times with 10 attackers in a team 🤪
  • Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI is there any information on whether you are now expected to refresh energy in order to complete even basic feats (50 DS + 50 LS) compared to only getting energy to do 91 battles with the new battle cost. Is this WAI or an issue?

This is WAI ... not an issue. It was mentioned a few pages ago by the Moderators that you cannot finish Conquest without refreshing energy now ... even with a perfect run.

• Options
    xv57rty46vok.png
    uh, my CAT killed 2 toons in a battle but only one counted.
  • Options
    You're speaking to nothing more than a corporate mouthpiece. Same as Crumb before him (when he was active), the guy before Crumb, Carrie, and anyone else that used to communicate with us. They feed us misleading statements

Carrie was excellent. Folks decided that they hated her after they deliberately misinterpreted what she said in an interview about how she thought that big spenders were here to stay, and that in the future new big krakens would spend to catch up with the meta.

A bunch of haters skewed that and tried to make it seem as if she thought spending (and catching up with older players) should be required of (or at least normal for) all new players. It was never what she said. Nonetheless, folks treated her so badly she was quickly gone, and we had to go through 2+ years of no communication at all b/c everyone at CG was terrified that perfectly reasonable statements like Krakens gonna Kraken would ruin their careers.

#TeamCarrieForever

• Options
    Bottom line: Game mode sucks more than ever. Complete and total failure, and the "intentions" of the developers have been laid bare. Throwing away a year's worth of hard work and built up goodwill.