[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• Options
    Y903211 wrote: »
    Did I miss something or why is Bossk revived in this constellation after he is killed by my Vader ? 🤔

wch22p7c5j2w.png

Jango’s Contract reward gives all Bounty Hunters the Bounty Hunter’s Resolve buff. That probably did it.
  • Options
    Wow.... just wow... we're to start! I agree with many of the previous posts regarding this current conquest and am pretty disappointed with how the developers have turned a decent game mode into a n expensive grind fest.
    My other major gripe here though is the time sink required in this game now.... I am bordering on the kraken spectrum when it comes to spending and I can tell you right now that this is not what I am looking for in this game. I simply do not have the time to do this game mode along side TW week, gac, arena climbs and the upcoming lsgtb event in a couple of days... I mean players have lives guys! Seriously... we really do! Jobs, homes, kids and spouses to give time to as well as this game. I know it is our choice to do so but still you should not be requiring hours of our time each day for a mobile game.. its flat out crazy.
    I like to have the newest shiny thing and have always spent to ensure I had said shiny thing... sad but true lol... but this time I'm like whatever... I'm not chasing maul... so I'm not going to chase lord vader... so I'm in no rush... so that means no money for you... my bank says thank you and you know what... I think in the long run I'm going to thank you as well. Peace out
  • Options
    People complain, but conquest is a big success. I've seen many people in this forum talking about section 5, or finished already. CG got many people to refresh energy. Well done, cg.
  • Options
    People complain, but conquest is a big success. I've seen many people in this forum talking about section 5, or finished already. CG got many people to refresh energy. Well done, cg.

Oh yeah, lots of people quitting or going F2P over this. Far from a success lol. I spent refreshes last time and after the refund, I haven’t spent a single crystal on refreshes because I won’t reward them for a garbage product like this 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Yeah, that one is clearly a GLOW/CAT node with AT & GK for necessary synergies, then use Mace in the 5th spot, once the necessary toons take the 1 through 4 slots.

2nd attack should probably be SLKR, given the immunity of SLKR, KRU, and Kylo to DoTs, but there are other squads that can get it done.

Clearly doable, so long as you have the current meta squad, and probably doable with JKL (L) + JML (for the speed, to use the leadership special and grant JKL 100% Tm right away to slow the enemy down as soon as possible). Mace on that squad isn't ideal, but the only necessary toons are JKL, JML, and GMY. If you don't have GLOWCAT or JKL/JML though, you might be hosed.

Now that I think about it, though, SLKR + 3 FO + Mace still accomplishes the feat. You're just a lot more likely to lose a toon. Rey + 3 Resistance or Jedi + Mace also probably works.

Yeah, there are options. Doesn't get rid of the annoyance factor of being impossible to do with one well crafted squad, though.

I’m not saying it’s not doable. I’m saying that it’s asinine that we NEED to redo this multiple times and can’t theory craft to avoid unnecessary replays
  • Options

i refreshed in previous Conquests too but never spent real money for more crystals.. Just used what I was able to farm FTP.. That's what I am currently doing as well.

Cashquest isn't getting me engaged or spending any money..
  • Options
    It is really simple, they don't respect our time. World of Warcraft just had to learn the hard way how this can lead to losing half your player base. This game will do too, one day maybe. But I'm out. Played this game since release daily without a break. Almost at 8 Millionen GP now. I feared that Conquest would become another chore when it was announced. Then I was pleasantly surprised when it was not. Well, seems like CG decided now again "no fun allowed here". Not with me ... not anymore!
  • Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Experience is horrible, guildies are bidding farewell and quitting the game.

Same. We've lost 6 longtime, 5.5-7M gp guildmates due to the new r8 prereqs, counter-GL nerfs, and the conquest changes. It's been a triple-punch of losing the ability to clear cpit from the guild loses and now reduced conquest r8 rewards, combined with the raising of the bar for r8 prereqs (it's going to be the new norm for all GLs going forward; CG never lowers it). Just seems like incredibly bad timing to change conquest for the worse in light of the current low morale.

In terms of specific conquest feedback, the 20e cost needs to go. Waiting 3 hours to do another battle was bad, 4 hours is just baffling. The old 14 battles by the same faction were the most tedious of all the feats, but at least had decent factions, and there were only 2 of them. The new faction feats have no GLs among them and have infected every sector. Those need to go. They need to add more nodes per sector to offset the loss of the 14/faction feats, say 20 nodes. This would also reduce the rng of ideal nodes appearing for the sector feats (sectors can a lot harder for some players depending on the opposition). On a good note, the mid-bosses are a good addition, as is the data-disk currency change (still should be free though).

I am very concerned that after 3 conquests like this, more players are going to quit.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    sndnichols wrote: »
    Like my r7 fives getting one shot by ashoka tano, not cat
    Well, what was her relic rank, did she have any stacks of courage, were Anakin and/or General Kenobi there, and what level of Overprepared was there? Take a look at her special attack. It hits three times if both those characters are present, and each attack does 50% more damage if the leader is Galactic Republic.
    Globuhl wrote: »
    What is a « chasseur rebelle »? In english, it’s « rebel fighters ». The french translation has « fighter » translated into « chasseur ». Like a warplane, a fighter jet is a « chasseur » in french but the main definition for « chasseur » is actually hunter. So yeah, many french players are trying to fulfill the feat using bounty hunters or imperials…

What's the tag Biggs and Wedge have in French? If it's also Chasseur Rebelle then it's an accurate description. Chasseurs were a unit designation in the French Army for a long time, might even still be. So it's not a super farfetched translation.
    Reaver11 wrote: »
    sndnichols wrote: »
    Like my r7 fives getting one shot by ashoka tano, not cat

Watch out. You’ll get bitched at by **** face NicWester for complaining.

NicWester go shove your **** up your **** and mind your own goddamn business.
    I'm not yelling at people for complaining. I'm pointing out facts. Someone with r5 characters was upset because they were being clobbered by r8 characters that deal enormous damage under normal conditions and then the deck was stacked in their favor even more. Or like the guy who I would have ignored except you tagged me into this with your post, good job by the way, who made a very vague claim without giving any details beyond the quality of his own Fives and didn't even stop to consider maybe bringing a character that likes to attack out of turn against what is likely to be a Padme team was......... probably not a good idea in the first place.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    So this new conquest style sucks.

I dont like spending days or crystals to beat something. Thats annoying.

I dont really feel like engaging with conquest because of the way it is...

Wasnt fun before and now its a lot less fun. Good job
  • Options
    We should be able to sim conquest soon.
  • Options
    Here’s the thing. I’m spending crystals on this Conquest. A lot of crystals. Not so much to outpace my daily FTP income, thanks to a relaxed Arena shard, but enough to hit my 150 crystals in energy refreshes.

Why? Because I want Maul, and I want to see how far I can push this.

It is not fun. Quite the opposite. There’s so much RNG in what Disks were picked up, like the enemy debuffing disks I had seen but turned aside in favor of something. I spent an entire refresh trying to find a Disk combination that would let me beat a Sector 5 team with my gear 12-13 Geos. (Translation: a set of Disks that let the Geos survive long enough to assist and inflict 4-5 Exposes with the Blindside Disk). Disks I will need to swap out to complete the harder battles with my more staple teams, and then swap out again to better synergize with Bounty Hunters, or with Nightsisters, or with somehow gaining Defense Penetration Up 20 times in the span of one battle. That will cost me a lot of energy in the long run.

And I’m not even sure if it will pay off in the end. There’s only a 35 point window to get that last Crate, to get Maul before the end of this cycle of conquest and who knows what changes come to pass. That’s immediately cut to 20 because I didn’t whale on the Bad Batch. 20 points… that essentially means I can only lose out on maybe 2 boss feats, maybe 2 3-star battles, maybe 1 true feat that isn’t in sector 5. Can I do it? I think so, that’s why I’m trying. Will it come down to doing the same battle over and over for feat completions? Absolutely. And I can’t even make that easier with consumables and stim packs because if I manage to get the Max Crate on all 3 Conquests only to lose out on Maul from spending too much Conquest Currency I might actually quit the game entirely.

But don’t worry, we can sim Assault Battles now. That will get balance out the increase in time needed.
  • Options
    Conquest is a waste of crystals for the rewards. They made this game mode painful, it was fun before but now it's just a crap quest... characters were nerfed prior instead of them just buffing gls then they do this why? I mean seriously it feels spiteful and full of malice everything they have done this summer. Really **** the remaining fun out of this game thanks...
  • Options
    You know CG has some real talented people working for them developing this game they really do. So with that said can you please fire the guy in charge of taking your talent burning it in a dumpster and feeding us the ashes of your great ideas like this. Conquest was fun now it's like chewing on wood...
  • Options
    "We designed Conquest as an event that players would engage over the course of 2 weeks but we found that most players could rush through the event in the first few days and then went back to clean up a few feats afterwards."

Going right through conquest to collect as many data cards to improve your chances and give you options is the sensible way to do it. Especially given that there is a cost to changing disks.

If you swap disks for every sector to suit the feats you will spend way more on changing disks than just pushing through to the end, then seeing what feats you can cover with a given loadout of disks.

For example there are geo and rebel fighter feats. Those two groups benefit from the same disks. It would just be silly to spend a whole day's worth of energy to change those disks out more than once.

As to "rushing through" being a problem to solve... why?? People have lives, reasons that they need to get stuff done on a given day. In any case, your change to increase energy cost has had a bigger impact on the casual player who wanted to play a couple of times a day. The rushers have still rushed.

Personally I really dislike using energy to change disks. I feel even less inclined to make changes than before. This is a big negative to the fun that could be possible in this event. Want to swap out 3 disks? That is more than a whole battle down the drain. And 1/6 of a refresh just gone. Just make it free for the fun!!
  • Options
    We have a lower margin for error, (-)
    A higher cost to operate, (-)
    And a much larger goal to meet (-)

How are they this stupid?
    It should be 600 tickets for the red crate
    The faction feats should be kills and not full team requirements
    Moving disks should be 3 energy not 7
    Free energy needs to show up once a day
    Nodes need to be clearable in one go, none of this 3 peat for 2 tickets each time

We went from CAT was acquired too fast to spend money to get Maul by his 6th conquest or take out a mortgage to get him on his 3rd time out
  • Options
    Wow, what happened to this game? I'm quite an active player and always enjoyed this game a lot, but lately the tide starts to turn.

I have been playing since 2017 and built up to 6.1M now. Until recently I had quite a steady crystal income by getting in top 3 in fleets and very recently I collected my first GL. But what happened in the last months completely is killing my fun in the game.

First there was the executor. A new meta is no problem, but making a ship that is basically killing off the current meta is just not nice, especially if you look at the requirements. I'm working hard on it and I'm getting close, but it costs a lot of time.

And then this conquest! What a total disaster. Yes, I was one of the people rushing through the previous conquests, but basically that was a way to get the disks as soon as possible and then using the remaining time to get all the feats done to get the red box (which worked and felt like a nice challenge). This generated gear and shards that were necessary to build up my characters. But with the new conquest it became virtually impossible to get past box 4 without investing lots, lots and even more time. I will just take box 4 and stop then with this whole stupid conquest.

I think the developers just killed it to be honest and took all the fun out of it. It's a real pitty that you don't honor the time people invested in this game, but are only after their money... I hope thinks will turn the good way in the future, but I seriously doubt if this game will last much longer in this way.
  • Options
    My spending had gone to zero (though it was chump change to begin with), and my time in game has dropped precipitously.

Makes it easier when I can't access most of the new elements of the game, and all the old stuff is simmable.
  • Options
    Just got the max crate.
  • Options
    A big problem is that CG is doesn’t want to put in the necessary resources to earn more money. Instead of adding new stuff they try to tweak existing stuff to make it harder and force players to pay more for stuff we already got. You never take stuff back or go back on your word, that’s part of any culture, even capitalism.
  • Eyak
    40 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    A big problem is that CG is doesn’t want to put in the necessary resources to earn more money. Instead of adding new stuff they try to tweak existing stuff to make it harder and force players to pay more for stuff we already got. You never take stuff back or go back on your word, that’s part of any culture, even capitalism.

That combined with good financial stats for past periods make it a dumb kind of being greedy. Like cheaping out on decent quality of food while being a millionaire and dying from food poisoning. But what would you expect from a producer of greedy and low effort games @ EA Sports? It was like transplantation of a cancer. Such a shame Carrie left.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

And I’m not even sure if it will pay off in the end. There’s only a 35 point window to get that last Crate, to get Maul before the end of this cycle of conquest and who knows what changes come to pass. That’s immediately cut to 20 because I didn’t whale on the Bad Batch. 20 points… that essentially means I can only lose out on maybe 2 boss feats, maybe 2 3-star battles, maybe 1 true feat that isn’t in sector 5. Can I do it? I think so, that’s why I’m trying. Will it come down to doing the same battle over and over for feat completions? Absolutely. And I can’t even make that easier with consumables and stim packs because if I manage to get the Max Crate on all 3 Conquests only to lose out on Maul from spending too much Conquest Currency I might actually quit the game entirely.

Good work with the Geos, thats the one feat I am pretty sure I wont get, having only reliced Alpha and Spy.

I thought that I would go or gold not red this time because I believed I would not beat Smugglers, Geo und Bad Batch feats.

My Bad Batch are only six stars but after learning that calling them with JML lead special counts as their kills I am happily killing 5 enemies each battle with a six star hunter. So if you got JML as well that are still 10 battles for 50 kills (you can kill Jango and Boba twice so you may speed it up a little) but can get you the 15 points if you need them.

Smugglers is tough I got a R5 Nest and even with two Leaderstat boosting disks its about a 50/50 chance of me taking down GG, the only node I got a remote chance of winning.

Still I need about 30 more battles to finish in red skipping Smugglers and Geos if nothing goes wrong. I spent 100-150 each day on refreshes the first 5 days but have stopped now seeing that I can do the rest without refreshes.

It is repetitive but I actually like using weird combos that make it possible to win. Helps that I stuck at home in quarantine and have too much time on my hands otherwise it would perhaps be too time consuming.

• ConnorMcLurk
    99 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    In my opinion Conquest was in a pretty good spot before the changes. It took quite some effort but was doable at the end of the day. Now its just plain stupid and it couldnt scream „spend crystals you peasents“ more over the place. Its absolutely frustrating and not motivating the slightest. I used to finish after about 1 week, now I am not even through sector 3 due to maximum boredom. Each sector you have to burn like 1500 energy because you cant to a lot of feats parallel. What was a fun mode has radically turned into yet another great disappointment.

I start to get the impression, that this game has seen the best of its days already. What kind of content creator are you, if you think, that this mode is fun?

First the (as of now) completely unnecessary nerfs to beloved toons. Then the ridiculously high requirements for Executor and Lord Vader. Then the spot Executor was in, when first released. (Do they have a testing department at all?) Now the re-release of a game mode, that was in (in public opinion) a pretty decent spot concerning time investment and rewards, now turned into another shi**y grindfest.

I wonder if you want so desperately to get rid of your playerbase. Because in that case (and in that case only!) you are doing a very decent job.
  • Options
    Spending 3x refreshes a day on conquest to get the red box isn't exactly taxing.
  • Options
    Congrats CG on making a previously fun mode that people used to look forward to, into a drag fest that is just killing the game for a large percent of the population.. Doesn't help that the new faction related feats limits the max rewards to just the krakens with everything unlocked and reliced instead of 90% of your game population who used to get the sense of satisfaction of getting the max rewards by playing smart.

I hope CG will seriously look at their customer feedbacks and review this mode to actually make it fun again. @CG_SBCrumb_MINI
  • Options
    Well, someone managed to expel the Smuggler feat from their brains, so rest assured that I probably won’t get it anyway. Mandalorian kills will suck too… 50 kills with one G11 Jango… fortunately he hits pretty hard.

And it’s not that it’s resource-heavy. Not anymore. It’s that our resources do so little to actually help. Each refresh is only 6 battles, which means each feat can cost 200-300 crystals to figure out and complete. It took me a whole refresh to win a Geo battle, and I still have to manage it 11 more times.
  • Mirlighter
    46 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    It seems that the developers want to get rid of the players.
    The renewed conquest causes nothing but negativity among the players. Past conquests, not everyone had time to take the last chest, now in general it seems unrealistic to many. After these exaggerated demands for a new Legend and a new flagship. Which became completely inaccessible to many players in the coming year (and I'm talking about old players, not newbies).The new conquest has become another negative.In my guild, I see some strong players who are just tired of all this, want to quit the game.
    I myself, entering the conquest, having gone through a couple of battles, experience a huge reluctance to play at all. Spend 140 energy to go through 2-3 battles. Not to mention the feats. It is generally unrealistic for FTP players to do anything there now.
  • Options
    Just want to have everyone remember when CG announced Conquest for the very first time.. "a game mode that will test the ENTIRE roster"

Well, not even sure where to begin. With the previous version of Conquest I wasn't utilizing my entire roster.. Now, more than ever, I am certainly not using a fraction of my roster. I am forced to use my top 3-4 squads to even clear a node.

Requiring specific factions to complete a tedious feat is asinine, i.e. (Phoenix, Rebel fighters, Geos) as new characters are released (LV and Exec) my focus surely isn't to gear up Phoenix to complete a ridiculous feat.

As an active player since initial release of the game back in 2015, alot of these recent changes have really ruined my moral and motivation for this game. Maxing this new version of conquest is no longer on my agenda as I refuse to spend 1,000s crystals daily. And honestly, I can't afford to play this game for 20 hours a day over the course of 14 days for the POSSIBILITY and HOPES to even have a chance at max crate.

Thank you CG for truly ruining the newest game mode and the entire game as a whole now.