[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• Options
    Sigh... Just got to the end of Sector 5 and not one Wandering Jawa had the Frenzy Tech. CG if you're going to have a feat that all but requires one of your new tech consumables, maybe just maybe have that piece show up in your terrible RNG infested stores. The tech hasn't even shown up in the Conquest store for your ridiculous 150 crystal price. Not sure why I'm surprised though. You have no issue with the same data disk taking up all three slots in the disk nodes, why would you make sure the opportunity to purchase every consumable is available too? And saying it's just variance is plain lazy.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    People complain, but conquest is a big success. I've seen many people in this forum talking about section 5, or finished already. CG got many people to refresh energy. Well done, cg.

Oh yeah, lots of people quitting or going F2P over this. Far from a success lol. I spent refreshes last time and after the refund, I haven’t spent a single crystal on refreshes because I won’t reward them for a garbage product like this 🤷🏻‍♂️

Unfortunately, I think he/she is right. We can complain and moan all we want, but there are plenty of people posting about getting red crate on the forums, on Reddit, etc. These people may also complain about the tediousness of the whole thing but they still spent the crystals to finish (way too) early, which is likely the only metric CG cares about.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    cabs
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    You’re all right, and that's it ... I'm tired of that **** ..
  • Options
    People complain, but conquest is a big success. I've seen many people in this forum talking about section 5, or finished already. CG got many people to refresh energy. Well done, cg.

Oh yeah, lots of people quitting or going F2P over this. Far from a success lol. I spent refreshes last time and after the refund, I haven’t spent a single crystal on refreshes because I won’t reward them for a garbage product like this 🤷🏻‍♂️

Unfortunately, I think he/she is right. We can complain and moan all we want, but there are plenty of people posting about getting red crate on the forums, on Reddit, etc. These people may also complain about the tediousness of the whole thing but they still spent the crystals to finish (way too) early, which is likely the only metric CG cares about.

Even those krakens spending for the refreshes won’t keep doing it. They’re eventually going to get burned out themselves and when enough people stop spending/ quit, they’re going to regret this because piled on with the lack of assistance to the gear crunch and non GL nerfs, they’re ticking EVERYONE off
  • Options
    if they left a package to support what was in the beginning .. where you gave $ 5 0r 10 for a better daily reward .. they have their support from almost everyone and they don't have to invent this crap… just an example
  • Options
    this Conquest is a great new piece of content, i love it!
    /s

thanks, CG, our 3rd member just dropped, and several more contemplating quitting - all state the reason is the new Conquest.

outstanding work, CG, just brilliant ..
  • Options
    mihez wrote: »
    this Conquest is a great new piece of content, i love it!
    /s

thanks, CG, our 3rd member just dropped, and several more contemplating quitting - all state the reason is the new Conquest.

outstanding work, CG, just brilliant ..

Yeah.. we have the same.. and im in too..
  • Options

Even those krakens spending for the refreshes won’t keep doing it. They’re eventually going to get burned out themselves and when enough people stop spending/ quit, they’re going to regret this because piled on with the lack of assistance to the gear crunch and non GL nerfs, they’re ticking EVERYONE off

Especially after doing it for 6 straight weeks.
  • Options
    Another piece of feedback, I don't know if this has been said before, but I find the Data Disks Inventory to be too hard to use. Once you've accumulated some disks, it becomes really hard to tell them apart, and having to "equip" them just to see which disks they are is dumb, I think. I know it doesn't cost energy until you confirm, but I'd like for an easy way to at least see the names of the disks before I select them.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    If you don't really care about Maul then just get him in 4 rounds rather than rush for 3.

No need to stress

Yeah, I think if you have JMK + CAT, missing Maul isn't a big deal

If you are going for LV and don't have JMK, then yeah, you really need Maul seeing as how JMK + CAT and JMK w/ no CAT performs in arena
  • Options
    Now watch them re-release Conquest 7 with even more bugs. I'm almost ready to bet money on them not fixing all of the things that are not working properly in this current one.

The future was predicted
  • Options
    I have calculated that I can finish CAT on conquest 9 instead of 8. If there are no further changes, I mean. And that's counting my current box, there's still a remote chance of advancing (that's improbable without refreshing, but who knows).
    I'm skipping Maul because I'm still very far from LV. I'll focus on JMK instead.
    Sorry, cg, but I can adapt and save my crystals for something else.
  • TargetEadu
    1556 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    If you don't really care about Maul then just get him in 4 rounds rather than rush for 3.

No need to stress

I actually did a bit of math on this. It’s a rush for 4 rounds as well.

Let’s assume Smugglers get the best of me and I’m only able to obtain the gold, second-to-last crate. For my efforts, I’m rewarded with 65 Maul Shards. (I forget if that’s how many it was for CAT or not.)

Spending all my hard-earned Conquest Currency on Maul grants me an extra 20 Shards, for a total of 85 Maul Shards for my Conquest rewards.

Let’s also assume I’m unable to advance my Smugglers to Conquest-worthy levels in the span of a month and that CG doesn’t drastically change anything, so I do approximately the same in each Conquest. By the end of Conquest 9, I’ll have 3 * 85 = 255 Maul Shards. That puts me 75 short of the 330 Shards needed to unlock.

And now, Maul’s reign as the main Conquest reward is over. Let’s assume, one last time, that Maul follows the same pattern that CAT does. The Red Box of 90 Shards is cut to 30. The Gold Box of 65 Shards is cut to 25. Scavengers’ price is reduced, but the 20 Shards is the same.

Even if I get the Red Box in Conquest 10, that’s only 45 Shards, a full 30 short - more than available in Conquest 11’s Scavengers. If I only get the Gold Box, I’d need 35 more.

So, if you’re incapable of getting the last crate in this Conquest series, you’re going to be waiting for FIVE Conquests to unlock Maul. And not unlocking at the start of the 5th, but at the end of it. Oh, and doing this would cripple your Scavenger purchases for whatever the new Conquest Character is. If you want to avoid that, you need to wait for six Conquests total. This is all irrelevant to the difficulty of Conquests 10-12, by the way - you still need the same number of boxes.

That turns out to be, two weeks for each of the two extra Conquests, one week off between them, presumably another two weeks between Conquest 9 and 10… seven weeks, or about 2 months between when people who can get Last Crate get Maul and when you do. TWO MONTHS. And if the new Conquest character catches your eye that’s another three weeks waiting for Maul.

If you can manage to get the Last Crate once in Conquest 7-9, you can actually get Maul in 4 Conquests - but you need the Last Crate and all Scavengers in Conquest 10 as well.

So, yeah. Have fun everyone. Time to gear my Enfys Nest. I’ll see you back at the top of arena in two months.

EDIT: Oh, you can probably buy 20 more Maul Shards with crystals in Conquest 10. If you do that (it’s expensive) you still need to wait until at least the start of Conquest 5 to unlock Maul if you can’t get the Last Crate.
    Post edited by TargetEadu on
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

No need to stress

I actually did a bit of math on this. It’s a rush for 4 rounds as well.

Let’s assume Smugglers get the best of me and I’m only able to obtain the gold, second-to-last crate. For my efforts, I’m rewarded with 65 Maul Shards. (I forget if that’s how many it was for CAT or not.)

Spending all my hard-earned Conquest Currency on Maul grants me an extra 20 Shards, for a total of 85 Maul Shards for my Conquest rewards.

Let’s also assume I’m unable to advance my Smugglers to Conquest-worthy levels in the span of a month and that CG doesn’t drastically change anything, so I do approximately the same in each Conquest. By the end of Conquest 9, I’ll have 3 * 85 = 255 Maul Shards. That puts me 75 short of the 330 Shards needed to unlock.

And now, Maul’s reign as the main Conquest reward is over. Let’s assume, one last time, that Maul follows the same pattern that CAT does. The Red Box of 90 Shards is cut to 30. The Gold Box of 65 Shards is cut to 25. Scavengers’ price is reduced, but the 20 Shards is the same.

Even if I get the Red Box in Conquest 10, that’s only 45 Shards, a full 30 short - more than available in Conquest 11’s Scavengers. If I only get the Gold Box, I’d need 35 more.

So, if you’re incapable of getting the last crate in this Conquest series, you’re going to be waiting for FIVE Conquests to unlock Maul. And not unlocking at the start of the 5th, but at the end of it. Oh, and doing this would cripple your Scavenger purchases for whatever the new Conquest Character is. If you want to avoid that, you need to wait for six Conquests total. This is all irrelevant to the difficulty of Conquests 10-12, by the way - you still need the same number of boxes.

That turns out to be, two weeks for each of the two extra Conquests, one week off between them, presumably another two weeks between Conquest 9 and 10… seven weeks, or about 2 months between when people who can get Last Crate get Maul and when you do. TWO MONTHS. And if the new Conquest character catches your eye that’s another three weeks waiting for Maul.

If you can manage to get the Last Crate once in Conquest 7-9, you can actually get Maul in 4 Conquests - but you need the Last Crate and all Scavengers in Conquest 10 as well.

So, yeah. Have fun everyone. Time to gear my Enfys Nest. I’ll see you back at the top of arena in two months.

So you can actually buy 40 CAT shards... So I'm pretty sure we'd be able to buy 40 Maul shards.

Means you would either have to buy the inevitable pack, or max out just one of the next three conquests in order to get Maul on the 4th run.

… how’d I miss that. Thanks.
  • Options

It passes to me that it's like crying over na injured child .. a bunch of people could help you but better just walk around .. I mean CG, I doubt it reads because he's interested at all .. what guys? @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_RyDiggs
    I understand, we are probably ungrateful to you from now and you try to do your job and do it well .. but a lot of people don't understand it ..

how do you think the news will attract people to start playing and be new players? already from the start there is a very slow progress, and when they see what is unattainable for them and what they will not be able to play for at least the next 5 years ..

Do you think they will last as long as a month and will they have fun?
    Are older players only interested in spending money and hanging out in a circle because of pointless demands and events? where is the fun?
    I know you need to make money .. but too much pressure on people .. every animal in the corner starts digging around instead of going out with you…
    So new players have no chance, you lose the faithful old one with this, and you only have a fraction of what you already have all and they don't care what you come up with (I believe you probably care about them) and others they don't mind emptying their wallet .. and maybe those who will go their own way (no money for you)
    the rest is slowly leaving and novices do not come..
    I would just like to know how long you want to lead it like this ..
    you're doing a great job, but loosen the loop and let people breathe..
    i know that im just a little fish for u .. and I don't have to interest you .. your way
  • Glauron
    56 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Here is my attempt at a Constructive Critique:

I have been through conquest now (not full banners yet but hit the end boss). I have actually revised my opinion of some feats and got vastly more enjoyment than I thought. Others, less so.

First of all, some good things: The rewards are great, new shards of a premier character that you can get in 3-4 months, as opposed to marquees that take 3 months to wait plus 6 to farm. There are a wide variety of interesting feats and data disks, which drive interesting strategies.

Some surprises: I was dreading the "get x kills with y faction" feats. However they actually gave me some enjoyment as creative strategies could make them work. I have one Phoenix character above g10-g11 - Ezra. You can make a team with JML as a tank, Ezra, and three supports that either just call him or include GMY for the potency down feat. Add the "assist gives expose" data disk and he can kill tons. Similarly, other feats like that had creative solutions (Mon Mothma + Chewpio + reb fighters really burned through blind and reb fighters)

The bad: Some feats are just crystal sinks and grind-fests. I'm talking about the "win 14 battles with x team". I'll give you the "no tanks" types as they at least lead to theorycrafting, but if you can win 1 battle with Geos sector 5 or NS sector 4, you can win 14. Which means all it brings is 100 crystals for two refreshes and a bunch of boring grinding on the node you are sure you can win. Banners for max rewards are tight enough that even losing 1-2 stars usually means a reload, and god forbid you lose. Each battle costs 8.33 crystals at the refresh rate, and mathematically you need 1-7 or more likely 20 refreshes to get max rewards.

Not enough energy makes the game mode less fun. If one had more energy (say normal energy rate), would result in one waking up with more than 2-3 battles worth. Make refreshes cost more if you don't want people rushing through (like 100 crystals) if the lack of crystal use was the issue. This also leads into:

Data disks costing energy. This was a great change, as it addressed the fact that people felt they couldn't "play" with disk combinations as the currency was too valuable (re: 98% needed for CAT/Maul). That was only the case though when there was energy to spare. Now, with having more feats than energy available, you have done the EXACT same thing as before - people have to weigh the crystal costs in energy for removing disks. Yes, it technically only costs 3 crystals per change per disk-star, but for F2P or even conscientious spenders it is a direct crystal cost. We didn't love this mode for the "do I risk 20 energy to not change a disk or 7 to change it" but for the "what if I combine buffs on my turn, offense on gaining buffs, and tm on gaining buffs"! Or better yet: I just got a wonderful purple disk but it doesn't match what is equipped. Do I swap 10 worth of disks (70 energy or 29 crystals) just to try it, and risk another 29 crystals to move back if it doesn't work?

Suggestions:
    1. Remove 14 of a team feat. Make it 3, or 5, so it is a challenge but not a grind. People will still need to gear those characters to get max rewards so you get your spending.
    2. Make disk changes free. The disks are a keynote of this event, and the reason people loved it at the start.
    3. Increase energy regen to 1.5x current, and make refreshes cost 100 crystals. This will allow strategic players to get max rewards with 0-5 refreshes (same as 0-10 before) while the "fast moving" players who you publicly stated was the reason for changes will pay for getting it done early, and therefore be encouraged to play slower. 100 crystal/refresh will still give more spending than GC 6 and before.

Cheers,
    Kilum Natta
  • Options
    I don't believe the goal was ever to slow down how fast it was getting completed by "some players". They already have a pacing system implemented in TB - they could open a new sector every few days and it would accomplish the same thing.

They didn't hit the financial metrics that they wanted with CAT, and this is the result.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    I don't believe the goal was ever to slow down how fast it was getting completed by "some players". They already have a pacing system implemented in TB - they could open a new sector every few days and it would accomplish the same thing.

They didn't hit the financial metrics that they wanted with CAT, and this is the result.

so, CG was misleading with their Announcement about the Changes to the Conquest Event???????

If they announce changes to other Events, Characters, Modes, etc.. will we believe the reasoning then?????

I won't...

Being mislead is thinking you can fool your customers/players and now look at the HORRENDOUS Public Relations reputation SWGOH/CG has now..

• Options
    Would it really kill CG to throw us a couple carbantis or stun guns or gold eyeballs for beating feats? It wouldn’t feel like such a time sink then
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
    Nothing? No response to all these messages? Just business as usual ignoring the buggy dumpster fire that is Conquest? Hmmm
  • Options

If the result is proportionate to the degree in which they missed their metrics, then they missed them by a million miles because this is crazy. It speaks to where they are at and it doesn't look good. Are they pulling the fire alarm?
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
    Nothing? No response to all these messages? Just business as usual ignoring the buggy dumpster fire that is Conquest? Hmmm

To be fair, this thread is huge and if they took yesterday off like most of the rest of the US (Labor Day in the US - a federal holiday so most companies close for the day) they've got at least three days of people screaming about conquest to catch up on. Aside from that, they generally don't respond much in threads like these as it just encourages people to scream louder.

I'm sure they'll have something to say about it at some point. Lots of people are unhappy with this and their stated intention is to roll out three of these conquests more or less back to back.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Is there at least one positive review here? A shame, not an event
  • Options
    Annex wrote: »
    Just want to have everyone remember when CG announced Conquest for the very first time.. "a game mode that will test the ENTIRE roster"

Well, not even sure where to begin. With the previous version of Conquest I wasn't utilizing my entire roster.. Now, more than ever, I am certainly not using a fraction of my roster. I am forced to use my top 3-4 squads to even clear a node.

Requiring specific factions to complete a tedious feat is asinine, i.e. (Phoenix, Rebel fighters, Geos) as new characters are released (LV and Exec) my focus surely isn't to gear up Phoenix to complete a ridiculous feat.

As an active player since initial release of the game back in 2015, alot of these recent changes have really ruined my moral and motivation for this game. Maxing this new version of conquest is no longer on my agenda as I refuse to spend 1,000s crystals daily. And honestly, I can't afford to play this game for 20 hours a day over the course of 14 days for the POSSIBILITY and HOPES to even have a chance at max crate.

Thank you CG for truly ruining the newest game mode and the entire game as a whole now.

They should have tons of feats available and a huge number of ways to navigate through. If it were my design, I'd have a huge grid, like a Chinese checkers board, and players can meander through it however they want. Center tiles are hardest and have the most keywords associated, outer tiles are easier and have fewer. Scavengers scattered all around, so you have to either refresh to skirt the perimeter all the way around to hit them all, or dive through the center for some hub and spoke action. All tiles, be they scavenger, enemy team, or data cards, are visible, and so there is a considerable part of each player's time plotting their best route.