Conquest 10 [MERGE]

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    lughnasa wrote: »
    Just make GC pay to play it. Anything worth time is in the pay path. It is now not worth the time for no pay players. I have no problem with those paying, but showing two clearly different paths, one geared up and ftp extremely boring. Seeing both is demoralizing. Stop copying bad ideas from other gsmes and be creative. Current GC paths are a great way to lose ftp base or even those pay once in awhilers (POIA) 😃

That's why I say they should just let us buy the toons, and drop this conquest garbage.
  • Options
    A trap in this crap Conquest is really dumb design. Just stressful and no joy. Conquest itself is waste of time
  • Options
    How many points are needed for red crate and how much leeway is there? Can't find the point count in game

3wviz4otv8ju.jpeg

On main screen, add up all the points by sector and don’t forget any points from global feats too… if you are lucky enough to be able to earn any 😂

Thanks

Helpful hint: find a team with no or minimal AOE and run JML/WAT/Han/Fennec/Boba.

2 feats at once

Works with see too. Most of the time you lose everyone but see so not good for stars but it'll get the feats.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    lughnasa wrote: »
    Just make GC pay to play it. Anything worth time is in the pay path. It is now not worth the time for no pay players. I have no problem with those paying, but showing two clearly different paths, one geared up and ftp extremely boring. Seeing both is demoralizing. Stop copying bad ideas from other gsmes and be creative. Current GC paths are a great way to lose ftp base or even those pay once in awhilers (POIA) 😃

That's why I say they should just let us buy the toons, and drop this conquest garbage.

They should stop using it as an end-game delivery system and go back to when it was fun. The bean-counters just want to use it to make money and don't care about "fun" because there is no fun, only money...Just because they're listening to us, doesn't mean they're hearing us.

Dozens of different ways to release characters, stop making this a second or third job, make it fun again and do something else for end game releases.
  • Options
    j45d0z0p5e4o.jpeg

DD options
  • Options
    Please cg just sell conquest hero shards for crystals from all applicable Jawas 1-5. Sell 5 shards for something between 400-600. Change max crate shards to 65 for primary, keep it at 30 for secondary. If 600 for 5 then max crate should be achievable by most for free similar to 1-6, if 400 is the price then max crate should be achievable for free if you are really really efficient but most people should complete for fewer than 500 crystals.

This will be 6-9 k to unlock the conquest hero. Impatient people like myself will still spend on refreshes even if we don’t need to. It gets murky but the conquest hero isn’t crystal free until month five though still cost currency. Waiting until month six still means buying 45 shards with currency or crystals.

You’ll meet your revenue goals. Have a happier player base.
  • joelgs23
    251 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Seriously, anyone have any advice on how to make this once fun game mode enjoyable? I really, really, really hate Conquest 10. The feats are awful, the data disks are lame, the preloaded turn meter and power level of the enemies mean that even though I'm 5.6 m GP, I really only have 2 viable teams on most nodes starting Stage 3 (GL Luke or CLS). My Relic 8 Boba Fett and R7 BH squad get's annihilated before I get a turn everywhere.... this is not fun and is causing me a lot of resentment toward the game. I want to enjoy this but I feel like quitting every time I start it cause of this and Executor, but that's another issue..... I mean, I have executor, but exec vs exec 3-4 times a day to get payout is so boring..... another ruined game mode by forcing 1 and only 1 option rather than an engaging diversity of options. I need advice or I'm about to burn out of this once good game..... Thanks everyone.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    I HATE CONQUEST NOW!!!! Used to love it... it was even my favorite game mode. Now its total garbage, crystal required, exceedingly limited, chock full of crap data disks, crap feats, and crap experiences. :( so sad.
  • Options
    There’s two ways to play this game: Competitively chasing the meta or for pure fun.

If you want pure fun and don’t care about being competitive anymore then focus on your favorite teams. Love Jawas? Build em. Love imperial troopers? Build em. Unfortunately CG can’t properly mix competition with fun so it’s probably gonna be one or the other.

As for ships your best bet is to set the worst fleet possible and fall for a week or two. Then go back to enjoying normal ships prior to executor. Otherwise you’re in the same boat as everyone with that stale mess
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    To put it bluntly, there is no way to enjoy conquest and get Boba during this batch. Maybe even the next. So either work through the chores or give up on the extra GL for TW...
  • Options
    I must admit I've found this conquest very tedious.

The discs are boring. The enemies seem faster than ever.

Removing stacking offence and weak point discs makes me sad
  • Options
    I might be missing something here. I'm sure you start off with a couple of possible data disk nodes, but as soon as I get to the point where I can see what's on the node, the other options completely disappear. Sure, they could be just as bad as the ones I'm forced to pick from, but there used to be a choice. Now I just seem to be getting pushed towards bottlenecks.
  • Options
    I might be missing something here. I'm sure you start off with a couple of possible data disk nodes, but as soon as I get to the point where I can see what's on the node, the other options completely disappear. Sure, they could be just as bad as the ones I'm forced to pick from, but there used to be a choice. Now I just seem to be getting pushed towards bottlenecks.

Sounds like you strayed off the "hard path" ... See the devs PSA post on the hard path
  • Options
    How many points are needed for red crate and how much leeway is there? Can't find the point count in game

630 for red out of a max of 662 tickets.

32 leeway
  • Options
    In other news I find this conquest boring simply because the data disk selection sucks
  • Options
    Echoing the responses of others, I am also on the verge of quitting SWGOH because of CONquest. I used to spend monthly back when we could get the 21 day pass of 100 crystals/day, as it was good value and I enjoyed the game. If they reverted CONquest to C1-3 and released that daily crystal pack instead of the Conquest pass (IE the 'solution' to problems they intentionally put in place), I would be thrilled to spend on that daily crystal pack, and would be less burnt out from this tedium fest and thus not quit SWGOH until the game died. They would have that daily crystal money from me and countless others for the foreseeable future instead of causing players to quit over this nonsense Chorequest and losing out on that potential revenue as well as emptying the 'sheep' out of shards so that the 'wolves' have fewer victims and are less incentivized to spend because doing so gives them less comparative advantage.

Also, when CG 'hears' that we hate repetitive feats and being forced to use the same team over and over again, and follows that up by requiring FOURTY battles with two factions instead of battles with whatever LS/DS composition we wanted, as well as giving players less agency with DD choices/battles (either get forced into a linear path for the same rewards as previous conquests and a choice of two DD piles, or have greater 'choice' (more variety in enemy squads please!) in battles and only have one DD pile), this Conquest feels more and more like a GC that you have to play 200 times over and over again over two weeks with worse rewards and a crystal requirement.

Seriously CG, just sell the freaking new units and make Conquest fun again if you miscalculated and didn't earn enough off C1-6, don't continue to make your former best game mode more and more of a monetized terrible experience. I get that you're for profit, but this is beyond frustration spending, this is 'flail yourself repeatedly level masochistic' spending.

I would actually PAY to watch CG devs play Conquest themselves and try to get the 40 battles with BH/ 40 with Scoundrels done in fewer than four hours. 80. Repetitive. Battles. Seriously.
  • Options
    In other news I find this conquest boring simply because the data disk selection sucks

And it isn’t just that the disks are boring. Overprepared is the main way they tweak the difficulty and make this harder than, say, challenges. The other modifiers except for the GR damage reflection are negligible. Seems like a lazy way to do it, but fine, whatever. But Entrenched and Leader’s Resolve disks were two really useful ways to deal with the Overprepared stuff. And those tools were taken away. So I’m in sector 3 now, and even 500-some speed GLs can’t get a first turn against overprepared 1 and 2 teams. Our hands have gotten so tied it’s silly.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    If only CG put things out in a more understandable order absolutely nobody would complain.
    Con1-3 should have had the easy/normal. Then over time we should have gotten to this point we are at now.
    Yes yes I know we will ALWAYS have complaints but this would have felt like a smoother progression.
    Taking things away from people that use to earn those things is the worst move ever (next to nerfing our characters years later) and not a fare play by any means from CaptGains.
  • Options
    Wadthebad wrote: »
    Just make a hard mode and extra hard mode

The extra hard path is a mess

Yeah but they would need to actually put better rewards in extra hard mode crates, right?
  • Options
    Here’s a tip for you CG, since you’re doing your utmost to nerf disks, why not just remove them completely and also remove the insane enemy modifiers. Just make us fight normal fights. Of course it’s boring but at least it would be less buggy and also less convoluted. In your eyes every creative combination of disks that give the player an edge is overpowered and must be crushed to oblivion, so why even give us the opportunity to be creative when you hate it so much?
  • Options
    Here’s a tip for you CG, since you’re doing your utmost to nerf disks, why not just remove them completely and also remove the insane enemy modifiers. Just make us fight normal fights. Of course it’s boring but at least it would be less buggy and also less convoluted. In your eyes every creative combination of disks that give the player an edge is overpowered and must be crushed to oblivion, so why even give us the opportunity to be creative when you hate it so much?

Modifiers are not an issue per say - its actually makes it fun imo. Whats boring and cheap is Overprepared modifier (try to fave Ewoks with 80% speed). You either have to face tier 1 team like GAS or weaker team with Overprepared. Its jus boring - be more creative instead of raising stats
  • Options
    Four days in and still haven’t reached the first box. Used to be able to 3 star all of sector 1 and 2. Now less then half of what I’ve been able to pass in sector 1 is 3 starred and I haven’t made it out of sector 1 yet. Lost several guild mates and more are probably out the door soon.

Starting back with the release of LS GEO, updates have been between an annoyance to complete disaster. Oh, and I love the 12 Wat shards given out for inconveniences after most players have Wat 7 starred already. If CG really felt bad for messing things up, the new veteran shards would have, could have, should have been given out. But NOOOoooo.
  • Options
    papaofmom wrote: »

Modifiers are not an issue per say - its actually makes it fun imo. Whats boring and cheap is Overprepared modifier (try to fave Ewoks with 80% speed). You either have to face tier 1 team like GAS or weaker team with Overprepared. Its jus boring - be more creative instead of raising stats

I agree that overprepared is what they should just get rid of, but then the rest of the modifiers doesn’t really matter. They don’t really make an impact, with the exception of the Padme modifier that reflects damage but that one is a smaller nuisance.
  • Options
    If nothing else, at least let us see the speeds we are dealing with, so we don't go in wasting time/energy just to get blown away against the tm train teams.
  • Options
    "The clone trooper turret is not a clone trooper" AHAHAHA. Rex's gun isn't a clone trooper either, its a gun.
  • Options
    Rex wields his gun, aims it and fires it. The turret is autonomous, and its own summoned unit. It makes sense in every way, except that it makes the feat a little bit harder.
  • Options
    I thought CG once said they don’t want speed became the only focus but over prepared is exactly speed is everything… and OP is basically in every node
  • Ahtf
    22 posts Member
    Options
    Question does hyper accelerator purple disc even work. Wanted to try it against a imperial trooper team, but they didn’t seem to take any dmg at all from it?
    Anyone tried it. Not really a good disc anyway, but thought it fun to try against troopers. I’m