Conquest 10 [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I've done one crystal refresh because it was the only way to get the hard 3 crate. I'm just past the halfway point of sector 4 and have done 3 feats in total, that's all the boredom I can take
  • Options
    I want to give constructive feedback, so I just going to ask the dev team again to mix up squads more for the next Conquest. In this one, here’s the breakdown of squads I faced, excluding the end bosses, taking the easiest path forward by always going with the lowest “overprepared”:

Bad Batch x14
    501st x11
    Padme, Veers Imps, Carth OR, DRevan, Phnx, Dooku Seps, and JTR Res x5 each
    Jango BH, Mon Mothma Rebs, Grievous Seps, Bugs, and Hux 1st Order x4 each
    Bossk BH, Rex Clones, and Bo Katan Mandos x3 each
    Vader Imps, Ewoks, Gunray Seps x2 each
    AS Jedi, Yoda Jedi, Qira Scoundrels x1 each

Forgetting the repetitive feats discussed ad nauseam, this is what’s killing this game mode for me; it’s just not interesting or fun playing the same squads with the same modifiers over & over again. All those battles and I faced only three (3!) unique squads!

There’s nearly 100 toons (if I counted right) with the “leader” tag, giving the possibility of literally 1000’s of squads. But currently we’re stuck playing the same 25 or so squads 5 sectors in a row.

So again, I’m begging here, CG: get weird with Conquest. Use every leader, make wacky squads, make wacky modifiers, make wacky 1-2x feats that, at the very least, make this game mode interesting again.
  • Options
    SWBSD wrote: »
    I want to give constructive feedback, so I just going to ask the dev team again to mix up squads more for the next Conquest. In this one, here’s the breakdown of squads I faced, excluding the end bosses, taking the easiest path forward by always going with the lowest “overprepared”:

Is this a list of teams that you fought? Or is it a list of the teams you got to choose from? Asking because that could reflect selection bias. As in, if you have good anti-GAS teams, you're more likely to pick GAS teams.

I would also love more teams (I want to see a Wampa!) so don't take this as me dumping on your idea. I agree with you, but I'd like to see changes made on more complete data.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • KakashiLord
    92 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Ok so, it’s nearing the end of conquest so I can give my complete opinion.

The decision CG is making in regards to conquest is blatantly wrong. The pass I was absolutely fine with.

However, I’m not fine with the increase in energy, the numerous feats that restrict to winning 30 battles with a specific team time, the charge for swapping disks (yes it’s free if you get the ultimate extra super mega pass, but it’s not free then is it? Nor is it what players wanted… at all).

Fixes proposed:
    - reduce energy back to normal. 10-15 cost per node. That’s the absolute max it should be.
    - Get rid of team feats completely or keep it to only one of them. Or at least make them more accessible (eg. Win a battle with 3 bounty hunters on your team), also make the amount like 10-15. 30 was stupid. That’s not challenging, that’s annoying and tedious. I can get the smuggler one. However I’m at 1/30 and it will take a fair few days to get… but it’s nearly over.
    - Never, never, ever again, have any nodes that have repeated disks. 3 sections in a row I got a lovely selection. Honed skills, honed skills… or what was the other one… oh yeah, Honed skills. Like seriously you say this mode is meant to be fun but you give me that?
    - make the “hard path” obvious.

I want to clarify I’ve gotten every red crate until now. And it’s only because they’ve actively made it so the game mode is more boring, tedious, frustrating, and costly. Ultimately want CG to do is very simple…… LISTEN!!! Like that thing with your ears. If the community says they have problems with the grind. This is what you shouldn’t do…
    Make. It. More. Grindy. Like in what world is the solution to the problem actually marking the problem more problematic.

I understand it’s a business. But it’s also a game. Which is meant to be fun, which this mode is getting worse at doing. I also understand I’m whinging at a brick wall here but hope to god these complaints get acknowledged and actually addressed properly.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Is this a list of teams that you fought? Or is it a list of the teams you got to choose from? Asking because that could reflect selection bias. As in, if you have good anti-GAS teams, you're more likely to pick GAS teams.

I would also love more teams (I want to see a Wampa!) so don't take this as me dumping on your idea. I agree with you, but I'd like to see changes made on more complete data.

There are 275 teams presented as possible opponents. This includes the mini and sector bosses plus the few other times we don’t have a choice. So yes selection bias will be a thing, but there is definitely not enough variety. There should be nodes that the teams come from the currently presented set of teams, but there should also be nodes that pull from a pool of 100s of teams.
  • Options
    Do we know at this point why is JTR interacting strangely with the debuffs + TD disks?

I get it that her unique may or may not cleanse everything upon the disk applying a dot, or an ability block, but that still does not explain why she doesnt display the exploding animations of the TDs, ever. Also, she doesnt seem to take dmg from the TD-s. I know she recovers 5+5 on a dodge, but she cannot dodge the exploding TD-s, can she? Also, 6 TD should do more dmg than 5%.
  • Options
    Why CG? you know how big of the problem you will cause by not roll the energy cost back? Thanks to you i cant reach max crate this time while spent like hundreds of crystals already. Im sure lots of people is like me too. but at the same time cg probably doesnt care, if cg do care they wouldnt let this happen
  • Options
    Just barely made red crate this morning without the battle pass and only using 50 c refreshes, which I've not done since C6, but probably never will again unless CG gives us a 'sim with team you've already 3*d this node' button or seriously reduce the tedium in the future and remove the stupid 'win 40 battles/win 14 battles with' feats. CG, @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI @Kyno can you please just let us give you the crystals in refreshes we'd spend to finish these? I have a career, wife, and child, and my wife even commented "You've been playing your game a lot recently," as I had to make sure to log in at least three times per day to use my stamina efficiently and auto the same sector 1 node with scoundrels/BHs. That was not fun, engaging, or content it was just a tedious grind. I get that you undershot the monetization in C1-6, but seriously, punishing your player base and making them quit in droves is not the way to correct that mistake.
  • Options
    From box 6, down to box 2.

Just as I expected would happen.
  • Options
    Speak with your wallet, not your opinion. Quit giving them cash until they listen.

Why not both?
  • Options
    The worst thing is not energy refresh, stamina is bigger issue, this CQ is way worse since they just made some teams irrelevant and heavily rely on specific toons/teams

The freaking “over prepared” is the most annoying things. There were times my 556 speed GL is still way slower than OP teams. This makes strategy less important than sheer power.

Fiction specific feats doesn’t allow “mix and match”, IMO “mix and match” and diversity is the main fun factor of the game and they are killing it
  • Options

With the hard path you don't get much selection.
  • Options
    Ok here's my suggestions for changes

1. Why is conquest running at the same time as gac. Next week we have a week of no gac and no conquest. It could have been planned better. We typically have a week a month of no gac. Conquest should be consistently scheduled in this week to smooth out the schedule.

2. The grindy feats need to go. 40 battles with smugglers and bh was just grindy. They should be replaced with the ls/ds feats again. Or possibly put several faction feats in with 10 battles each. Each for 15 keycards. But allow us to skip more feats if this route is taken. They shouldn't all be mandatory but one way of getting max crate. You can even have the featured faction one be worth more points.

3. Get rid of over prepared and make the nodes have more variety. The nodes should have teams and factions from all over the game. Not the same 6 teams. And the teams that are d teams in the game can be d teams on the nodes. They don't need ridiculous modifiers that make a GL required to 3 star them. You can mix in some a teams on certain nodes and even some GLs if you want to make sure we have a good team that can clear it. But you say you want us to use our whole roster but make the teams where only the best 5 teams can reliably clear them. Mix in some teams that we can bring our d teams in to clear. Combine that with number two and it may actually be fun to clear those faction feats since it won't be on the same node the whole way.

4. Hard path needs to be visible and offer something extra from what we had before conquest 10. My suggestion is make that data disk node have six options and you choose two. Or you get some extra conquest currency. But taking away the choices we had before and calling it something extra was low.

5. No repeat data disks.
  • Options

Yep, squads I fought and I selected based simply on who had the lowest “over prepared” modifier. I don’t recall anytime I had a choice where the available matches had the same level of o.p. modifier; that would’ve been the only time I would have chosen based on a better matchup for my squads. It may have happened this conquest, I just don’t recall it happening.

Also, anecdotally, I don’t recall having a choice of a squad not on the list of squads I ended up fighting. Again, I could have, I just don’t recall it happening this conquest.
  • Options
    Looking back I'm not entirely sure why I worked so hard just for a character who's only good in TW.
    feels like there should be some relic 9 scraps in this crate or something.
  • Options
    I just love the fact that last set of conquests they removed the buying of gear off scavengers for crystals so you could only use currency. This set of conquests the gear is removed entirely from scavengers.

But don't worry, that's behind the paywall now I guess! Glad they are solving the gear crunch like this :s
  • Options
    Recurve wrote: »
    I just love the fact that last set of conquests they removed the buying of gear off scavengers for crystals so you could only use currency. This set of conquests the gear is removed entirely from scavengers.

But don't worry, that's behind the paywall now I guess! Glad they are solving the gear crunch like this :s

Yeah I ended up buying the boba shards with my conquest currency this time since they took away all the good gear you could buy with it.
  • Options
    Simple fix:

No rng on nodes. All nodes are fixed for every player. No repetitive disks on same node.

Large battle map spider web, can pick whatever path you want through it. Gets tougher as you go towards the center. Special node locations and contents are fixed, too. Everyone sees the exact same nodes.

They can still use their rng to create the basemap, but give some intern, or heck, one of the unpaid community mods, the job of going in and doing the tweaks (e.g., switching all the duplicate disk issues and whatnot). Or, they could actually craft a purpose built map every two weeks like it's something they care about...

With a fixed battlemap, what is the harm if someone finds a best path and posts it on YouTube? Your players end up more focused on engagement and sharing info, these content creators become a major draw for the playerbase and start spreading more frequently as advertisement for the game? Oh, the horror!
  • Options
    One question about conquest.
    Red box is not giving mods any more? I haven't received anyone.
    This game sucks
  • Options
    LordI wrote: »

Mods make your characters better in conquest. CG removed them.
    I hope this doesn't surprise you.
  • Options
    MF6076 wrote: »

Mods make your characters better in conquest. CG removed them.
    I hope this doesn't surprise you.

Of course not.... As usual, unfortunately.
    Thanks for answering!
    This game sucks
  • nottenst
    697 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Second best crate also did not have any mods. To tell the truth, this is no great loss as far as I am concerned.

Looking at the previous list of items it looks like I received 10 carbonite circuit boards where before I had none. I'd say I am happy with the trade.
  • Options
    This was the most painful conquest yet. I got box 5. Next conquest I'm aiming for box 3 because I simply can't continue to spend this much time in the game. And doing the same battles over and over again knowing that you're still (at best) 5 months or more away from the character unlock? It's faster to farm a GL.

It's just really unfortunate. I really enjoyed conquest at one time.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Drathuk916
    632 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Things I’d like to see in conquest.

1) variety in opponents. There is zero reason to use squads we see in arena/Tw/gac when you add in modifiers. Sure we don’t see Jawas or tuskens but that’s not enough. No meta team should be presented as a choice beyond mini and sector bosses.

2) adding in crystal purchases of conquest heroes while lessening the need to refresh to get max crate. Obviously remove some shards from max crate to account for this change.

3) don’t remove disks from conquest just lessen their frequency. Don’t offer the same disk in the same set of three

4) more feats so repetitive gameplay doesn’t feel so repetitive. If we have to have x amount of kill or win with feats then spread it around to more factions. Although, ideally, I’d rather have win 40 times with a full squad of nsers, rebels, sith or Jedi than 4 x win 10 times with x squad.

5) give more choices to the player. Each conquest has gotten more and more restrictive on how we are supposed to engage with the content. Stop it.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Conquest Pass is your only friend to get 330 Boba Shards at this point @SCCH or wait for the 4th run of Conquest

Thanks for the answer. I’ll buy gear then.

Conquest pass is out of the table. It’s against my religion to reward bad behaviour (conquest sucks so bad that people will pay to skip it).
  • Madao5412
    18 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Madao5412 wrote: »
    h9g4bh405lxy.jpg

1.8m gp doing easy mode
    All normal fights 3*
    Can't get max reward because of the stupid feats.
    Thank you cg
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    h9g4bh405lxy.jpg

1.8m gp doing easy mode
    All normal fights 3*
    Can't get max reward because of the stupid feats.
    Thank you cg

Check out BitDynasty's videos on youtube if you haven't. He has ways to beat every sector boss and mini-boss and that might be helpful in some way to get you those last 4 banners. Good luck!

Thanks, but its impossible now.
    Global feat - i have 0 smugglers
    S4 - no gamorean guard
    S5 - i have 1 mandolorian
    - no bam
    If i knew from day 1 i would have bought the gamorean shards.....

Well. Your roster isn’t even 2 million. Why do you think you should have full rewards if there are entire factions that you don’t even have rudimentary teams for?

Your logic is flawed. I ve seen 4m accounts that didnt have full mandolorian or smuggler teams. Those 4m accounts wouldnt get max reward in easy mode because of the feats.

• Options
    Well that ****. The rewards ****.

Meh. Scam-Quest lives on. What new delights will con-quest 11 bring?