Gear crunch empty promises

Replies

• Decicrim
    229 posts Member
    Options
    Keeping it current start of another month, no communication on remaining p1 items or what p2 is and when for core gear economy.

But CG has plenty of dev time to come up with new core gear pay packs. (Getting a tiny bit better and closer to what the depreciated value should be)
    Stop dragging your feet trying to milk more pay packs.

7 months since September gear economy announcement! Double drop hard node gear already! And tell us P2 still even exists?

🤥🤥🤥🙈🙉🙊

dl83gay459pc.png
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nothing they did matters because of... wait for it...

Kyrotech

Unless they are addressing kyros the rest is all fluff. I am certain they know this and it was probably the plan all along.

By addressing many of the others all you need to farm is kryotech, its indirect but it did address the situation.

Not exactly true. Carbantis were already available in the challenges, albeit with a very poor drop rate. How often does anyone get more than 20 of them? And given that 50 carbantis are needed for their own pieces of gear, mk5 thermal Detonators AND both mk5 and mk6 stun guns, it has done very little to help with the gear crunch overall as the same bottlenecks remain. So we might get more stun guns and stun cuffs now, but things like carbantis and mk8 biotech salvage are still very slow to obtain.

And now we have the kyro crunch, where every toon needs at least 100 of one of them at G12, and new toons need them from G8 onwards! Way to go CG, easing one gear crunch just to exacerbate another.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Decicrim wrote: »
    Keeping it current start of another month, no communication on remaining p1 items or what p2 is and when for core gear economy.

But CG has plenty of dev time to come up with new core gear pay packs. (Getting a tiny bit better and closer to what the depreciated value should be)
    Stop dragging your feet trying to milk more pay packs.

7 months since September gear economy announcement! Double drop hard node gear already! And tell us P2 still even exists?

🤥🤥🤥🙈🙉🙊

dl83gay459pc.png

7 months and a lot more to wait for sure, probably the Game is going to shutdown before even phase 2 got announced.
    Post edited by PumaK on
  • Options
    Just keeping it current and the ball rolling, unlike CG!

Another week, another slew of overpriced pay packs, another fu from CG on the gear economy promises!

🙈🙉🙊🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥
  • Options
    The “we introduced Kyrotechs to ease the gear grind in other areas” is only a viable argument if Kyrotechs were an exclusively g11+ Gear item. Isn’t the main complaint that the grind to g11 is not proportional to its value?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    CG should increase the gear crunch

Remove daily challenges & double the price of all packs!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    The “we introduced Kyrotechs to ease the gear grind in other areas” is only a viable argument if Kyrotechs were an exclusively g11+ Gear item. Isn’t the main complaint that the grind to g11 is not proportional to its value?

It is somewhat irritating when new toons need kyros. But gearing to g12 is fairly insignificant these days, in the bigger scheme of things.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    Player base don't forget
  • Options
    PumaK wrote: »
    Player base don't forget

yes

but cg dont care
    hello
  • Options
    Player base don't forget

Pepperidge Farm Remembers
  • Options
    Player base don't forget

yes

but cg dont care

True. But it's a pity, because this is necessary.
  • Options
    It is somewhat irritating when new toons need kyros. But gearing to g12 is fairly insignificant these days, in the bigger scheme of things.

In what way? As in it doesn’t take that much effort or that g12 isn’t viable in any of the game modes?

If you’re arguing the later then I agree. I understand that it is a resource management game, and making it too easy to gear characters could ruin the game. My only thought is that the grind should be proportional to its value. The grind to g11 is only marginally easier now than it was when g11 was the max gear.
  • Options
    Player base don't forget

yes

but cg dont care

necessary is a loaded word
    hello
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

In what way? As in it doesn’t take that much effort or that g12 isn’t viable in any of the game modes?

If you’re arguing the later then I agree. I understand that it is a resource management game, and making it too easy to gear characters could ruin the game. My only thought is that the grind should be proportional to its value. The grind to g11 is only marginally easier now than it was when g11 was the max gear.

I mean getting to g12 takes relatively little effort. When you're getting a GL, I think everyone will agree the roughest patch is getting all the relics up to the requirements. The farming and getting to g12 is so much easier.
  • Options
    Player base don't forget

yes

but cg dont care

Opinions of people paid by CG, have little meaning. Just saying.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Whelp….their one and only change to the economy so far after almost 7 months from the announced p1 changes made mk5 guns, mk3 cuff and mk8 bios more easily accessible. So instead of a choke point it became a pinch for those items. Much like I’ve been saying for years. Easily managed compared to before but still needed management skills and even some purchases too depending on desire.
    Not exactly true. Carbantis were already available in the challenges, albeit with a very poor drop rate. How often does anyone get more than 20 of them? And given that 50 carbantis are needed for their own pieces of gear, mk5 thermal Detonators AND both mk5 and mk6 stun guns, it has done very little to help with the gear crunch overall as the same bottlenecks remain. So we might get more stun guns and stun cuffs now, but things like carbantis and mk8 biotech salvage are still very slow to obtain.

Carbanti-3, White Eyeball-8, & Holo-3 are still the most common things I'm farming.
    2 were already in the Challenges & the other still isn't in the Challenges.
    So I'm not seeing how the G1 changes really eased the crunch that much.

All they really did is make Cuffs easier & allow me to move Carbs from Solo slots to StunGuns easier now, but, that just sucks up my Carbs for other slots.

• Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I think everyone will agree the roughest patch is getting all the relics up to the requirements.
    Heck no!
    I spend by far the most amount of time filling in G12 Slots more than any other farm in this game.
    A few of the Left Side slots are common, but, half of them are not & everything on the Right Side of G12 is a major grind.

• Options
    Dreapool wrote: »
    Player base don't forget

yes

but cg dont care

Opinions of people paid by CG, have little meaning. Just saying.

i love this trope
    hello
  • Options
    i would take cg money in a heartbeat tho
    hello
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I think everyone will agree the roughest patch is getting all the relics up to the requirements.
    Heck no!
    I spend by far the most amount of time filling in G12 Slots more than any other farm in this game.
    A few of the Left Side slots are common, but, half of them are not & everything on the Right Side of G12 is a major grind.

You don't find it worse needing to trade those same pieces for relics?
  • Options
    Player base don't forget

Player base never visit the forum and have no clue what these p1 and p2 are.
  • Lumiya
    1490 posts Member
    Options
    Heck no!

I don't know how long you are playing but I guess it might be different for smaller/newer accounts than larger/older accounts.
    If someone already plays for a longer time, they don't have that many new toons to level up. So for them it's easier to accumulate the gear needed for 1 or 2 new toons they level up. So they can gear them up relatively quickly. For them the relic material is used up faster so they need more time to get those together because their toons are geared up quite fast.

For newer players there are still way too many toons to be geared up and they all need the same stuff so it can't accumulate until needed again. It's always needed. So there is always a huge shortage. When I start a new character, it's always around g7 or 8 where I get stuck. Carbantis for example are one of the biggest, if not the biggest barrier. Suddenly I maybe need 150 Carbantis for 1 toon to get 1 gear level higher. If you try to build a new squad it's even worse. They all want the same and it takes "ages" to get them higher.
    In the meantime the relic stuff can be accumulated for those characters. When they finally can be reliced there was more than enough time to get the relic materials together.
    So I think that's where the crunches differ between bigger and smaller accounts.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    I have between 500 and 800 stun guns on each of my accounts - I'm still scraping for carbantis.
  • Options
    Carrbantis are the new stungun
  • Options
    Ripperpa wrote: »
    Carrbantis are the new stungun

Ain't that the truth
  • Options
    RTS wrote: »
    I have between 500 and 800 stun guns on each of my accounts - I'm still scraping for carbantis.

I never thought I’d see the day. Once upon a time I actually quit because it was too overwhelming to farm all the stun guns I needed through random shipment drops or simming.

One thing I have noticed about the way kryo effects my gear economy is that because it takes so long to get them, and I don’t want to spend any gear on any toon that doesn’t help me get the GL I’m working towards, I end up with a stockpile of challenge gear.
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Heck no!

I don't know how long you are playing but I guess it might be different for smaller/newer accounts than larger/older accounts.
    If someone already plays for a longer time, they don't have that many new toons to level up. So for them it's easier to accumulate the gear needed for 1 or 2 new toons they level up. So they can gear them up relatively quickly. For them the relic material is used up faster so they need more time to get those together because their toons are geared up quite fast.

For newer players there are still way too many toons to be geared up and they all need the same stuff so it can't accumulate until needed again. It's always needed. So there is always a huge shortage. When I start a new character, it's always around g7 or 8 where I get stuck. Carbantis for example are one of the biggest, if not the biggest barrier. Suddenly I maybe need 150 Carbantis for 1 toon to get 1 gear level higher. If you try to build a new squad it's even worse. They all want the same and it takes "ages" to get them higher.
    In the meantime the relic stuff can be accumulated for those characters. When they finally can be reliced there was more than enough time to get the relic materials together.
    So I think that's where the crunches differ between bigger and smaller accounts.

That’s a fair statement. I generally don’t have any problems taking someone to r5. Usually within 2 or 3 days of getting them to g13. But it could take me 2 or 3 weeks to get them to g13.

But to be honest I would rather the grind to higher relic be harder than the grind to g13.
  • Lumiya
    1490 posts Member
    Options
    Heck no!

That’s a fair statement. I generally don’t have any problems taking someone to r5. Usually within 2 or 3 days of getting them to g13. But it could take me 2 or 3 weeks to get them to g13.

But to be honest I would rather the grind to higher relic be harder than the grind to g13.

I agree. Characters up until G12 are not very viable or usable many times, so to need so long just to get them there seems kind of unnecessary.
    I would understand if relics took that long because they really change characters.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Heck no!

That's not a bad assessment, but the guy to whom I was speaking has been playing for several years, also.

As far as being difficult for newer players, on one hand I sympathize with the difficulty. On the other hand, in all fairness, there should be some gates that keep a 1yr old player from easily competing with a 5yr old player, no? You should look at your competition as being those who began around the same time as you. Obviously money spent changes that for anyone, but spenders will always have an advantage. For everyone else, time spent is the biggest commodity.
  • Options
    Heck no!

That's not a bad assessment, but the guy to whom I was speaking has been playing for several years, also.

As far as being difficult for newer players, on one hand I sympathize with the difficulty. On the other hand, in all fairness, there should be some gates that keep a 1yr old player from easily competing with a 5yr old player, no? You should look at your competition as being those who began around the same time as you. Obviously money spent changes that for anyone, but spenders will always have an advantage. For everyone else, time spent is the biggest commodity.

I actually like both yours and lumiya posts, not just here but other threads too. I’m more lumiyas level just because I’ve only been playing 1 year.

You mention you should be looking at your competition as being those who began around the same time as you.

While I agree to an extent, I’d also like to use a second factor as similar roster comparison because some do spend and those that do should eventually in a sense be compared to people who started slightly before them.

But CG has thrown this completely out of the window with their new single ladder gac. Personally I enjoy the journey aspects of the game, gac is just a way for me to have crystals.

I mean let’s be honest even if you had a roster with all toons geared to g12, your still not going to do well against a roster with 20+ relics but inly 100 toons.
    So why hold back the core gear, to get to g12.