is anyone else demotivated this conquest?

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm sure you have data to prove most people dislike conquest.

Do you have that setup as a keyboard shortcut?

I'm sure that you also have data to prove that most people love conquest.

I could go on with a pointless argument, but instead I'll offer some constructive criticism of conquest and tell you why it's easy for me to pretty much skip this conquest.

1, the rewards, trying to force more inquisitor garbage down our throats, for my roster there's plenty of things ahead of trashquisitors that I prefer to gear up (and on a personal note, the way CG has rolled them out just makes me hate them more).

2, the repetitiveness, aside from changing the bosses and mini-bosses, you always fight the same teams with the same modifiers, Padme with steadfast retribution, phoenix with the odds and overprepared. Try swapping the modifiers around, even include the "don't kill the leader" ones from boss battles.

Alas TVF is correct here. Make a claim, support it with evidence. Or get called out for making assertions based on personal opinions.

There's no winning an argument here. CG has in all probability (going to fail here as I have no data at all) what brings in engagement and money. Conquest is designed to bring in important characters or ships. It's necessary whether we personally like it or not.

Personally I think Conquest is OK. I'd rather play it than do nothing. I'm probably not alone in that regard.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

I could go on with a pointless argument, but instead I'll offer some constructive criticism of conquest and tell you why it's easy for me to pretty much skip this conquest.

1, the rewards, trying to force more inquisitor garbage down our throats, for my roster there's plenty of things ahead of trashquisitors that I prefer to gear up (and on a personal note, the way CG has rolled them out just makes me hate them more).

2, the repetitiveness, aside from changing the bosses and mini-bosses, you always fight the same teams with the same modifiers, Padme with steadfast retribution, phoenix with the odds and overprepared. Try swapping the modifiers around, even include the "don't kill the leader" ones from boss battles.

Alas TVF is correct here. Make a claim, support it with evidence. Or get called out for making assertions based on personal opinions.

There's no winning an argument here. CG has in all probability (going to fail here as I have no data at all) what brings in engagement and money. Conquest is designed to bring in important characters or ships. It's necessary whether we personally like it or not.

Personally I think Conquest is OK. I'd rather play it than do nothing. I'm probably not alone in that regard.

My remark about proving that people love conquest using data was more of a joke because none of us have that information, that's why I said it was a pointless argument and listed why I personally don't care about this cycle of conquest.
  • Options

My remark about proving that people love conquest using data was more of a joke because none of us have that information, that's why I said it was a pointless argument and listed why I personally don't care about this cycle of conquest.

I understood what you meant but as ever, the onus is on making a claim (and having data or evidence for it), rather than refuting one.

.No offence intended. Peace out. ✌
  • Options

Conquest has the best rewards for you crystals. Guess you better hope Reva sucks. ;)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

Change everything each conquest and it will requires much more time to clear it, which i don’t think would be a good thing. Diskcques and feats already make every conquest trilogy different. Throw in a few unique battles (mini boss and boss) and you have a good balance imo. One thing i would like to change though is to dial down a couple of feats, like 40 battles with a faction.

And about your point 1): if you only did conquest for the rewards before and not because you enjoy it at least a little bit, it’s probably a good idea not to do it. It’s a game after all.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Conquest has the best rewards for you crystals. Guess you better hope Reva sucks. ;)

What part of my statement gave you any indication that I care about Reva?
  • Options

So you dont care about top characters in this game?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

Change everything each conquest and it will requires much more time to clear it, which i don’t think would be a good thing. Diskcques and feats already make every conquest trilogy different. Throw in a few unique battles (mini boss and boss) and you have a good balance imo. One thing i would like to change though is to dial down a couple of feats, like 40 battles with a faction.

And about your point 1): if you only did conquest for the rewards before and not because you enjoy it at least a little bit, it’s probably a good idea not to do it. It’s a game after all.

Would be horrible for your roster to pass up on conquest characters & ships
  • Options

We do have data actually. Wheter to believe the source or not is a different story, but theres a tracking going on as far as gac activity which can be done based on swgoh.gg.

The biggest drop in gac engament you see when conquest got released, than when the nerfs hit, and than when datacrons got released. Since than the gac activity with players actually getting involved in the game mode and logging in doing anything is 10% less. Easy indication that these things negatively affect the playerbase in numbers. We also have the data that the game makes less money which again happens because of multiple reasons but ultimately less players equal less income.
  • Options

Do we know Reva is a "top character"?
  • Options

I don't care about inquisitors, and without knowing her kit you're only speculating that she will be a "top" character.
  • Options

Do we know Reva is a "top character"?

I guess she could be more like KAM than WAT but I am hopeful she puts Inquisitors where they need to be.
  • Options
    I love conquest up to silver crate. If I get good disk, I might go for gold, but it’s now more of a grind and not as much fun. Pretty much nope on going for the red crate.
  • Options

Not having fun playing a game would be worse imo.
  • Options

Not having fun playing a game would be worse imo.

At least they didnt take crystals out of a game mode and put it in a horrible game mode. I dont have fun with GA.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Taking crystals out of arena was almost as great as the creation of conquest.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Conquest is my favorite thing in this game. B)

Yeah, I don't get the concept of, "I don't like this game mode therefore remove it from the game." In my opinion CG has made a massive win if they make a mode that 50% of the players don't want to play, but still don't want to quit the game. I would much rather accounts have some disparity due to personal preference of game play rather than $$$$.
  • Options
    Taking crystals out of arena was almost as great as the creation of conquest.

Well, I have to agree with TVF here.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Options
    I figured I'd throw in my 2 sense on this event.

I haven't touched conquest for a long time now. Ever since they went and made it so spending money on it every time is the best way to get through it.

I've lost all motivation to touch conquest, I only have 1 of the characters from there so far and that is Maul. That is because I spent the 600 crystals for 5 shards in the shop over and over again.

Anyhow, it's not fun at all anymore between the difficult feats they've made for it and the pass. Also making each zone longer now as well with out giving more energy.

CG just completely screwed something that was fairly fun and required no purchases except extra energy sometimes a complete waste of time now imo.

Not to mention their horrible 20 shards per event for the characters that are no longer in conquest....still trying to unlock ahsoka via that event lol.
  • Options
    Asifab wrote: »

I haven't touched conquest for a long time now. Ever since they went and made it so spending money on it every time is the best way to get through it.

I've lost all motivation to touch conquest, I only have 1 of the characters from there so far and that is Maul. That is because I spent the 600 crystals for 5 shards in the shop over and over again.

Anyhow, it's not fun at all anymore between the difficult feats they've made for it and the pass. Also making each zone longer now as well with out giving more energy.

CG just completely screwed something that was fairly fun and required no purchases except extra energy sometimes a complete waste of time now imo.

Not to mention their horrible 20 shards per event for the characters that are no longer in conquest....still trying to unlock ahsoka via that event lol.
    Seems odd that in protest at the devs making players need to spend crystals (not money), you blew thousands of crystals buying Maul shards?
  • Options

I will gladly use my daily crystals to get great rewards in conquest. Never spent money on conquest.
  • Options
    I don't mind conquest. 7 days X 3 refreshes to get red crate then the last few days it's all about how much datacon materials I feel like getting.

Conquest characters are a bit meh lately but getting them for free is a bonus
  • StarSon
    7461 posts Member
    Options
    Thing
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Thing

wut
  • StarSon
    7461 posts Member
    Options
    Thing
    StarSon wrote: »
    Thing

wut

This was a recent notification. Was just posting to see if it removed my bubble. It did not.
  • Ultra
    11517 posts Moderator
    Options
    What about the other 3
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    What about the other 3

That would make 5 sense.

We need more information before declaring any kind of confirmation here. What color sense do you suppose they are? Without a color this post makes no cents.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    What about the other 3

That would make 5 sense.

5ense.