Captain Rex Marquee Event Problems

Replies

• Options
    It took several minutes for sure but I won on my first try.
    Focus Zam first and take care of the combo stun+mass assist. It has to be done at the right time.
    It is long but doable.

On the other side, at this time, there is no reason to farm that toon considering his presented kit..
  • Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    I really don't get all the fuzz. I played it manually - won both tiers first try.
    Today I did the following 5 times in a row:

Tier 1: Target Chewbacca and hit auto.
    Tier 2: Hit auto.

Maybe you can get bad RNG and have this fail, but I haven't seen it yet...

Wish I was this lucky. Tier1 I didn’t have a problem but Two hours now playing manually using basics and stuns every chance and not even making any headway regardless on how I play it. More important things in the real world than spending 2 hours on a game going no where.

Did you try just hitting auto as soon as you start tier 2?

• Options
    I really don't get all the fuzz. I played it manually - won both tiers first try.
    Today I did the following 5 times in a row:

Tier 1: Target Chewbacca and hit auto.
    Tier 2: Hit auto.

Maybe you can get bad RNG and have this fail, but I haven't seen it yet...

Wish I was this lucky. Tier1 I didn’t have a problem but Two hours now playing manually using basics and stuns every chance and not even making any headway regardless on how I play it. More important things in the real world than spending 2 hours on a game going no where.

Did you try just hitting auto as soon as you start tier 2?

Auto is pretty bad to do it with as they regain too much protection from special attacks. Ended up getting it done but it seems very RNG bias.
  • Options
    Auto is pretty bad to do it with as they regain too much protection from special attacks. Ended up getting it done but it seems very RNG bias.

Maybe it is... I'm up to 10 consecutive attempts without any losses. So I'll have to conclude that the only thing stopping the "hit auto"-approach from working, would be bad RNG.
  • Ferie
    30 posts Member
    Options
    People that are saying that this tier 2 event is "easy just press autoplay" or that we need to "play manually, just takes few minutes", I would like to answer all you with this: if this character is supposed to help in winning battles with the teams that are proposed (I am thinking maybe GA or Conquest - but not only those) and to win those battles you take more than 5 minutes, than this new character becomes immediately useless and not worth to farm.
    I think it is worth to let Capital Games know about this issue if they want people to buy it, don't you think so?
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ferie wrote: »
    People that are saying that this tier 2 event is "easy just press autoplay" or that we need to "play manually, just takes few minutes", I would like to answer all you with this: if this character is supposed to help in winning battles with the teams that are proposed (I am thinking maybe GA or Conquest - but not only those) and to win those battles you take more than 5 minutes, than this new character becomes immediately useless and not worth to farm.
    I think it is worth to let Capital Games know about this issue if they want people to buy it, don't you think so?

I don't think people are downplaying that it's kind of a bonkers matchup. They are just offering advice on how to beat it.

Anyway, despite them trying to make the fight more realistic, we still don't know all the stats, there's no accounting for mods, etc. (And how many people zeta Dengar?)

But this may not be the matchup people are using Rex for in 3v3 anyway. But it's definitely a weird fight to try and sell the character on.
  • Hortus
    634 posts Member
    Options
    Nice event. Previous marquees were supposed to show how character can be used. This one, on the contrary, demonstrates how it shouldn't be used. Which is actually pretty important piece of information due to lack of sandbox mode in the game. :)
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    The one silver lining here is that it's been really entertaining seeing how many stacks of armor shred people get on a given run. This should make the armor shred feat in conquest (even more) trivial lol.

It won't. Those are coming from his omicron, which is for 3v3 GA.
  • Options
    Forgive me if this is a dumb question but how do I get Rex up to 5 stars to unlock that 3rd tier? If I play each tier 5 times (a bit tedious but I can do it) will that unlock more character shards? Or were those one-time-only and he's stuck at 3-stars unless I pay out?
  • Options
    Forgive me if this is a dumb question but how do I get Rex up to 5 stars to unlock that 3rd tier? If I play each tier 5 times (a bit tedious but I can do it) will that unlock more character shards? Or were those one-time-only and he's stuck at 3-stars unless I pay out?

No additional shards for additional attempts - you have to buy packs if you want him at 5* before he's farmable on a node.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Krjstoff
    634 posts Member
    Options

Correct. You'll have to buy packs to get him to 5 stars.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

For unlocking the character at 3 stars there's the Marquee Event.... For everything else, there's Mastercard...
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarity. I've only been playing a week, seeing how some of these high level characters play has been wild.
  • F2Paccount
    75 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I didn't have any issues with this event. I streamed it yesterday. Only took me 10 minutes on the 1st try to get done. I put it on auto. Killed Bossk first, Zam 2nd, Dengar 3rd.
    Check me out everyday 7:30p est @ twitch.tv/Gnomersi where I stream my Only SWGOH account. (Lost my F2P Tag Oct. 5th, 2023)
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Thanks for the clarity. I've only been playing a week, seeing how some of these high level characters play has been wild.

If you've only been playing that long, you don't have to worry about maxxing out Rex (or anyone, really) right now. As a heads up, a couple more of these "marquee" events are probably incoming-- go grab the shards from those now as you can, but don't worry about sitting on them for a bit until you get on your feet.

ETA: The packs are the only way to get Rex 5* NOW. After a few weeks he will be added to shipments, and a few weeks later he will get a farming node. You can have him 7* for free if you wait long enough.
  • Cosplayer2217
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    So I just played the second event of the Marquez and well I'm less tha impressed. I set the game to aut after trying to beat it for 20 minutes and just layed down and waited for it to clear... I woke up 5 hours later to this 1500 armor shred only bosk down and the other two still full health. This is rancor dung.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • xpgammer
    143 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I got both tiers first try:
    yy9pc5ngzruv.png

1st tier (took less than 2 min):
    targeted han and got kill, targeted chewie and c3po got kill, finished off with targeting ogchewie then cls.

2nd tier (7 min on auto): I'm not sure exactly what I did but I remeber ticking zam a little bit when could and mostly focusing bossk. After payout I set it to auto on bossk and was able to get kill at 50 or so armor shred stacks before focusing zam then dengar I didn't have much trouble with zam.

1st tier pheonix team seemed decently powerful with the assists and synergies with ezras 3rd and heras 2nd abilities.

2nd tier clone team doesn't really show that rex is bad in my opinion. It actually shows the opposite because he is facing a fairly strong toon (bossk), and two mediocre toons (zam and dengar) with a weak toon (clone sargent) and a mediocre toon (cody) meaning the match is:
    weak, strong, medium, vs. strong, medium, medium.

So technically rex is hard carrying.
    No wonder the battle is difficult.

I think that if you get up to 1000 armor shred stacks it should auto defeat the toon as part of scenario mechanics just to make it easier if you get dealt bad rng because no one wants to do a battle that lasts 4 or 5 hours for a marquee no matter the character.
    Sometimes a door is just a door
  • Starslayer
    2420 posts Member
    Options
    1) Press auto
    2) Do this thing that you had to do for a while now
    3) Collect Rex’s shards
    3) Thank CG to help fight procrastination
  • Options
    83aflnf38xcz.png
    Is there a crystal payout if Zam hits 1000 Armor Shreds? I only had about 105 on Bossk, but I feel like Zam has the juice to go the distance…
  • BromeisterQuark
    6 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I hit auto and let it run over night. I restarted when I woke up, and the next “auto” succeeded in a few minutes…. 6xr8coe00rvy.png

Should have let it for for another minute to let Zam get 3,333 armor shreds. :)
  • Options
    It's back to marquee easy now. LOL, too much protection they said.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    Options
    See, if everyone just left it on auto until now, they can beat it!
  • Options
    Yeah it's proper broken. 8 hours +
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    Options
    BasherBeau wrote: »
    I didn't have any problem yesterday, but out of curiosity I went in today and hit Auto and Dengar died last with just 4 stacks of armor shred on him. 20 second fight maybe?

They nerfed it with today's hotfix.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Good call on their part. It was a silly fight.
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    Options
    I’ll admit it, I’m lazy. So I ran auto on tier 2. 1st try was a stalemate after about 15 minutes.
    Restarted the app, hit auto again, and it was completed in less than 5 minutes
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Good call on their part. It was a silly fight.
    Silly might be right, but when people are letting a battle run on auto for over an hour (some have said times in excess of 5 or even 8 hours), the silliness is not exclusive to CG.
  • Options
    I don't get the people in this thread saying Rex is clearly not worth getting.

Tier 1 is a proper CLS squad of equal gear level. If you use the slightest bit of knowledge of how to attack that team the Phoenix team can walk over them now. That is an impressive improvement.

All marquee events I can remember used to pit your g13 against g11 enemies for a massive starting advantage. Then they usually make the enemies have a handicapped team comp to make the new unit look better too. Usually to top it off the enemies won't have maxed abilities. The marquee CLS squad did not seem to have any of that applied and Phoenix + Rex smashes them.

They should be able to handle lots of teams.

Even pre-nerf I did not have a problem with the Bossk team either. Did it a few extra times before the nerf, after seeing people here saying it ran for hours. Just have to actually think about moves, not just spam every special available.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    I don't get the people in this thread saying Rex is clearly not worth getting.

Tier 1 is a proper CLS squad of equal gear level. If you use the slightest bit of knowledge of how to attack that team the Phoenix team can walk over them now. That is an impressive improvement.

All marquee events I can remember used to pit your g13 against g11 enemies for a massive starting advantage. Then they usually make the enemies have a handicapped team comp to make the new unit look better too. Usually to top it off the enemies won't have maxed abilities. The marquee CLS squad did not seem to have any of that applied and Phoenix + Rex smashes them.

They should be able to handle lots of teams.

Even pre-nerf I did not have a problem with the Bossk team either. Did it a few extra times before the nerf, after seeing people here saying it ran for hours. Just have to actually think about moves, not just spam every special available.

It all remains to be seen.... It's a marquee... Nobody has any idea what the modifiers etc look like and you don't even get to use your own characters and mods (something I think they should include in a bonus no reward tier).....

No marquees really used your synergy toons... They used to have a last battle that you could toss the marquee in as a straggler and you could use whatever toons you wanted along with it..... I used to do them all with SEE and WAT and move on with my life.....