Leviathan isn’t pushing the meta…

Replies

• Options
    It’s really pushing the meta the wrong way…My expensive 7 * Levitation fell to 32 in fleet today. Makes for an easy win for everyone else. Making me lose faith in CG and the product they keep putting out. It’s not as advertised.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2937 posts Member
    Options
    the problem with leviathan is that it's terrible at low stars and 7* it does just enough; it's a nice ship to have but considering chimera beats ex triple attacker, finalizer beats ex w/ bossk, and tarkin beats profundity...those are 3 fleets with 0 overlap. they all do what lev does without the massive relic investment (plus $$ or crystals to 7* the ship, as it's unusable at low stars).

Why does everyone keep going on about low star viability? Low stars are a temporary condition. Who cares how it performs at low stars, and why should there be any expectation that ANY unit is going to perform well before it's fully upgraded? Some units work well at low stars, others don't. No one cares about it after they get to 7*, which everyone will do eventually.

temporary condition? we aren't talking about a marquee character here are we?

ftp takes years to get ex prof or lev up to 7*; mu 5* prof is highly usable while lev isn't.

and before you say something about really smart and contrarian about "not all toons or ships have the same viability at lower stars", this is a ship that required hundreds (maybe even thousand +) of signal data and tons of relic mats, even for seasoned players (i'm almost touch 11m gp).

but i'm out of touch for daring to think i should get some usage out of a non 7* ship?

But you CAN get use out of it. Assuming for a second that beating Profundity isn't possible with a sub 7* Leviathan (it absolutely is, but for the sake of argument we'll say it's not) - You can absolutely beat Executor with it, so even with Prof off the table, you still have a fleet that disrupts the previous meta.

It doesn't take years to 7* as F2P. If you skip one caninta refresh, one fleet refresh, and one normal energy refresh a day for a month, that's 6k crystals or 70 blueprints. That's 4 months to get a 7* capital ship without spending any money. Double the number of refreshes you skip and you have a 7* Leviathan in 2 months. Sure, it slows down other progress and most people don't have the stomach for that, but that's the nature of "F2P".

Whether people like it or not 7* IS THE STANDARD - that's the yard stick - that's the metric by which units are judged. If CG had made this a 7* unlock we wouldn't even be having this conversation. But it's not - it's a 4* unlock and at 4* it still beats almost everything (if not actually everything). That's far from useless.

7* has NOT been the standard in ships; there are no gates to mods or relics with ships. in each of the previous capital ship releases they had used at low stars.

given that is the precedent, i apologize that i expect to get some use out of a 5* lev (i didn't take it last 4* once it was found out via testing 5* couldn't do much) when the requirements were as steep as they were. that's another precedent in this game, that the higher the requirements, the better the better the toons.

as of now, leviathan is not changing anything, it's iffy to beat anything outside of 7*, and as of now i can wreck profundity with tarkin and ex with either FO or chimera.

…..show me someone who unlocked a capital ship and then just stopped upgrading them because that's all they needed…..

Me. I’ve stopped upgrading Prof because it does what I need it to at 5*. I’m still farming the shards every month, but not refreshing the event, so 10 a month. I have a 5* Levi that I’ve ignored since release.
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    the problem with leviathan is that it's terrible at low stars and 7* it does just enough; it's a nice ship to have but considering chimera beats ex triple attacker, finalizer beats ex w/ bossk, and tarkin beats profundity...those are 3 fleets with 0 overlap. they all do what lev does without the massive relic investment (plus $$ or crystals to 7* the ship, as it's unusable at low stars).

Why does everyone keep going on about low star viability? Low stars are a temporary condition. Who cares how it performs at low stars, and why should there be any expectation that ANY unit is going to perform well before it's fully upgraded? Some units work well at low stars, others don't. No one cares about it after they get to 7*, which everyone will do eventually.

ftp takes years to get ex prof or lev up to 7*; mu 5* prof is highly usable while lev isn't.

and before you say something about really smart and contrarian about "not all toons or ships have the same viability at lower stars", this is a ship that required hundreds (maybe even thousand +) of signal data and tons of relic mats, even for seasoned players (i'm almost touch 11m gp).

but i'm out of touch for daring to think i should get some usage out of a non 7* ship?

But you CAN get use out of it. Assuming for a second that beating Profundity isn't possible with a sub 7* Leviathan (it absolutely is, but for the sake of argument we'll say it's not) - You can absolutely beat Executor with it, so even with Prof off the table, you still have a fleet that disrupts the previous meta.

It doesn't take years to 7* as F2P. If you skip one caninta refresh, one fleet refresh, and one normal energy refresh a day for a month, that's 6k crystals or 70 blueprints. That's 4 months to get a 7* capital ship without spending any money. Double the number of refreshes you skip and you have a 7* Leviathan in 2 months. Sure, it slows down other progress and most people don't have the stomach for that, but that's the nature of "F2P".

Whether people like it or not 7* IS THE STANDARD - that's the yard stick - that's the metric by which units are judged. If CG had made this a 7* unlock we wouldn't even be having this conversation. But it's not - it's a 4* unlock and at 4* it still beats almost everything (if not actually everything). That's far from useless.

7* has NOT been the standard in ships; there are no gates to mods or relics with ships. in each of the previous capital ship releases they had used at low stars.

given that is the precedent, i apologize that i expect to get some use out of a 5* lev (i didn't take it last 4* once it was found out via testing 5* couldn't do much) when the requirements were as steep as they were. that's another precedent in this game, that the higher the requirements, the better the better the toons.

as of now, leviathan is not changing anything, it's iffy to beat anything outside of 7*, and as of now i can wreck profundity with tarkin and ex with either FO or chimera.

…..show me someone who unlocked a capital ship and then just stopped upgrading them because that's all they needed…..

Me. I’ve stopped upgrading Prof because it does what I need it to at 5*. I’m still farming the shards every month, but not refreshing the event, so 10 a month. I have a 5* Levi that I’ve ignored since release.

Don't you need a 7* Prof for TB?
  • Options
    It’s really pushing the meta the wrong way…My expensive 7 * Levitation fell to 32 in fleet today. Makes for an easy win for everyone else. Making me lose faith in CG and the product they keep putting out. It’s not as advertised.

Assuming you climb within an hour or so of your payout, where should you fall to based on your expectation?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

But you can still get first?.....Sounds like a first world problem to me....
  • VladoVDD
    149 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Devian wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    Given my experience of having my lunch handed to me by a Levi and how they are dominating the top of my fleet arena. Levi is fine as is.
    People want something different and they love OR stuff, that's why Levi can dominate arena. But no, Levi is not fie as is. It's at least bugged like no othere character/ship in the game in all swgoh history. 10+ buggs is no joke. And ignoring the problem(not giving any update) doesn't help community in trusting devs.

fully agree, but (maybe) this fiasco will prevent similar in the future - maybe they will stop releasing untested units and maybe a lot of us will forget how many months of progress we lost by investing in a full of bugs 7* ship instead of something else, which actually will be useful. even fixing EVERYTHING tomorrow, which won't happen ofc, it's not possible to compensate the loss anymore - too late. we'll see what'll happen in the future - i don't think there's something more to be told here related to this topic - all i see is repeating and some defending of the fiasco - nothing new under the sun
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    VladoVDD wrote: »
    Given my experience of having my lunch handed to me by a Levi and how they are dominating the top of my fleet arena. Levi is fine as is.
    People want something different and they love OR stuff, that's why Levi can dominate arena. But no, Levi is not fie as is. It's at least bugged like no othere character/ship in the game in all swgoh history. 10+ buggs is no joke. And ignoring the problem(not giving any update) doesn't help community in trusting devs.

fully agree, but (maybe) this fiasco will prevent similar in the future - maybe they will stop releasing untested units and maybe a lot of us will forget how many months of progress we lost by investing in a full of bugs 7* ship instead of something else, which actually will be useful. even fixing EVERYTHING tomorrow, which won't happen ofc, it's not possible to compensate the loss anymore - too late. we'll see what'll happen in the future - i don't think there's something more to be told here related to this topic - all i see is repeating and some defending of the fiasco - nothing new under the sun

What level is your Levi?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2937 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Yes, but it’s not worth 1k crystals per 10 shards for me. We three star that node anyway.

Assuming you climb within an hour or so of your payout, where should you fall to based on your expectation?

my climb is a mix of prof and exec. Don’t have a problem getting 1 when I have time to climb. Usually fall into the low 20’s. Launch shard.
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    VladoVDD wrote: »

What level is your Levi?

everything is maxed on Leviathan - yes, I'm not new in the game, yes - i can defeat any other opponent in the fleet battles and YES i find this ship in its current state as a loss of resources - i'm very good with the calculations and when i tell its fix took too much time it means i know what i'm saying (at least it's valid for many of us) - trust me
  • FurytheOriginal
    151 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Levi is a easy win for Resist fleet 1 reinforcement and Profundity 1 or no reinforcements

Heres a resist counter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIVhEz2gqcw
    Post edited by FurytheOriginal on
  • Options
    Correcting people when they make out-right false claims about the situation is not defending it in any way - it's just a matter of trying to keep the rhetoric and hyperbole in check. No one is defending the bugs - we all want the bugs fixed. No one has said, "Oh it's fine as it is." But make a comment contradicting someone that's claiming that Levi is "useless" (false) or that it can only work at 7* (false) and people immediately assume that you're defending it.

The truth of the matter is no less problematic than the falsehoods that are being repeated over and over again. But no one seems to be interested in having a rational conversation about it here - it seems that what many of you are after is just an echo chamber of negativity where your own false statements can get repeated and magnified over and over, all the while, claiming that CG are the liars. The level of irony there is absurd.

Just to clear it up in case my position isn't coming across - As someone that paid real world currency to get Levi to 7* on day one - I very much want the situation addressed. I'm not happy about the situation and I think CG should fix it. But I also don't feel the need to base my reactions on hear-say and falsehoods to justify my feelings on the matter.

Even if CG released a patch tomorrow that addressed everyone's "issues" with the ship (they won't) - you're still going to have to learn how to use it for it to be effective. Maybe people should focus on that for a while instead of making claims that don't hold up to even moderate scrutiny. But I'm sure that won't happen - and when the ship does get fixed, it'll be the same lot of people that will keep complaining about it while others are using the ship and winning battles.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options

Yes, but it’s not worth 1k crystals per 10 shards for me. We three star that node anyway.

my climb is a mix of prof and exec. Don’t have a problem getting 1 when I have time to climb. Usually fall into the low 20’s. Launch shard.
    The phrase “launch shard” is pretty meaningless in ships. Hundreds of shards are launch shards, like mine. I occasionally fell out of top 50 in the Nego/Malevolence; Exec/Profundity era.
  • Options
    @Iy4oy4s

Count me as another person who is bringing Profundity along slowly. I did the same as you -- brought it to 5* and then stopped. I then refreshed a few times when it looked like we might need those TB points from Profundit-only battles, but I stopped as soon as it became clear that that I wouldn't be making a noticeable difference.

I am only now at 90/100. I'm happy to finish it off soon, but I carefully measured the crystal cost to take Profundity up to 7* vs. what the payoff would be. If I'm taking 1st in fleet anyway, the payoff would be near-zero. So I brought my profundity along the slow-farm way and it was a fine decision.

Likewise, Levi isn't going to get many crystals from me unless and until it actually increases my rewards.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    No one has said, "Oh it's fine as it is."
    really lol
    someone said exactly that :D

• Options
    really lol

Fine - that person can have their buggy Leviathan. MOST people aren't saying that it's fine as it is. Good catch, I stand corrected - even though I feel like you're just being pedantic.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    really lol

That someone doesn't have Leviathan......
  • Whatelse73
    2181 posts Member
    Options
    really lol

Fine - that person can have their buggy Leviathan. MOST people aren't saying that it's fine as it is. Good catch, I stand corrected - even though I feel like you're just being pedantic.

To be fair, you were the one saying people were repeating falsehoods and magnifying them, along with something about irony. So, you saying someone else is being pedantic is kinda funny.

Once Leviathan is working as they claimed it would, so be it. But it ain't. And recall that last year they released GI and waited 6 months to do another event, then waited until a year and two weeks to put his event in the journey guide (after saying, ONE YEAR). Because of that, FOMO is very much so in everyone's minds which probably increased the motivation for more players to push harder and spend more to get Leviathan, at least at 5 star if not at 7 star.

At the end of the day, this anger, frustration, and piling on by players is within CG's own making.
  • Options
    Fact is: Leviathan was released in a catastrophic state. Its been out a few weeks now and we havent had any word of the devs besides acknowledging some issues aka bugs. I spent a solid 100 on it to 7 star it right away. I also fell for the 9am reset and thus spent 2500 crystals too much which is annoying but acceptable, if that crapital ship would be anywhere near meta defining. Instead it gets **** on defense by Raddus, Executor, Profundity, Chimera and Finalizer. On offense it struggles against anything with a half way decent tank in it, since the damage output is ridiculously low. Getting through HT? Dont even bother trying. Same goes for the Y-Wings.

I lost a lot of matches against Profundity even though I got to Ult first. This is ridiculous.

Hoping any day for a word from the devs. But its dead silent since the release. Not even an acknowledgment, that its underperforming massively. Not a word about refunding anything. I for one will not get my wallet out for the next major releases. I will wait and see if the release is worth my money at all.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    really lol

To be fair, you were the one saying people were repeating falsehoods and magnifying them, along with something about irony. So, you saying someone else is being pedantic is kinda funny.

Once Leviathan is working as they claimed it would, so be it. But it ain't. And recall that last year they released GI and waited 6 months to do another event, then waited until a year and two weeks to put his event in the journey guide (after saying, ONE YEAR). Because of that, FOMO is very much so in everyone's minds which probably increased the motivation for more players to push harder and spend more to get Leviathan, at least at 5 star if not at 7 star.

At the end of the day, this anger, frustration, and piling on by players is within CG's own making.

I'm a funny guy - it's one of my best qualities.
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options
    Fact is: Leviathan was released in a catastrophic state. Its been out a few weeks now and we havent had any word of the devs besides acknowledging some issues aka bugs. I spent a solid 100 on it to 7 star it right away. I also fell for the 9am reset and thus spent 2500 crystals too much which is annoying but acceptable, if that crapital ship would be anywhere near meta defining. Instead it gets **** on defense by Raddus, Executor, Profundity, Chimera and Finalizer. On offense it struggles against anything with a half way decent tank in it, since the damage output is ridiculously low. Getting through HT? Dont even bother trying. Same goes for the Y-Wings.

I lost a lot of matches against Profundity even though I got to Ult first. This is ridiculous.

Hoping any day for a word from the devs. But its dead silent since the release.

Untrue, they acknowledged multiple bugs
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Its been out a few weeks now and we haven't had any word of the devs besides acknowledging some issues aka bugs

Uh, no. it has not been out a few weeks. It hasn't even been out 13 days yet, so even 2 weeks would be a small stretch.

I'm not saying that Levi is fine as is, but it certainly hasn't been "a few weeks".

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Hoping any day for a word from the devs. But its dead silent since the release. Not even an acknowledgment, that its underperforming massively. Not a word about refunding anything. I for one will not get my wallet out for the next major releases. I will wait and see if the release is worth my money at all.

As @MasterSeedy said above, it has only been less than 13 days since Levi was available... 4 of those days were weekend days, so they have had about 9 days to work on it. They have already acknowledged multiple bugs and have 3 fixes ready for release that will likely come with this week's update...

P.S: If you are just racing to get the ult, you are doing it wrong.... Step 1 is to always Insta-Yeet the tank using MK VI as second RI.... Alt comes afterwards
  • Options

I guess I just don't understand what it is that people were expecting from a <7* ship. And of course 7* has been the standard - show me someone who unlocked a capital ship and then just stopped upgrading them because that's all they needed.

People are absolutely making use of leviathan before taking it to 7*. To claim that it's unplayable and/or useless is just silly and willfully ignoring the facts to try to make this seem more egregious than it actually is.

Regarding requirements being commensurate with unit power - Profundity had higher reqs than Exec, but Exec can do everything Prof can do. Jabba and JMK are both arguably stronger GLs than LV and yet his requirements are 10-15% higher. So no, that's not a precedent - thought I would like to think that's how it works, CG has shown that not to be the case - which is unfortunate, but it is what it is.

It's bad - it's horribly bugged - and CG should feel bad about it - and they should make a statement about it - and they should do some damage control - and they should fix it - and they should maybe even look at a make-good of some kind for certain people that spent more than they apparently had to. Everything about this release went wrong and it's not good.

I don't understand why people feel the need to misrepresent the situation to make it sound worse. When you say things like "it's unplayable" when that's clearly not true, you're not helping to make the case that it's a bad situation - you're proving that you're not capable of providing objective feedback.

my profundity is still 5* and it works great.

• Options

You are 441st in the game and didn't read the kit?.... All of the abilities on the Leviathan, including the most powerful ones are gated behind star levels... What did you think was going to happen?

i had the relic levels done prior to the ships in game release like most people - even without the 7* skill unlocks a ship with those requirements should offer more than a marquee.

love how you change the subject after your first argument fell flat on its face.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

You are 441st in the game and didn't read the kit?.... All of the abilities on the Leviathan, including the most powerful ones are gated behind star levels... What did you think was going to happen?

i had the relic levels done prior to the ships in game release like most people - even without the 7* skill unlocks a ship with those requirements should offer more than a marquee.

love how you change the subject after your first argument fell flat on its face.

I wasn't changing the subject... I still think expecting a character or ship to perform well at low stars just because another one did in the past is foolish... YMMV

The argument still stands that, at no point in time, did CG ever state that the Leviathan would be good at low stars, that was just a bad assumption on the part of the player base....

Look, I don't like that this thing is bugged any more than anyone else who saved up and got it... I'd just rather we present CG with factual evidence rather than a bunch of false assumptions...
  • Kudlaty
    106 posts Member
    Options
    3ujm9zn9qslv.jpeg
    If anyone is considering using Leviathan in GAC attack, be warned - it will not grant you victory because obviously boarded enemy CS is still alive… this is beyond trash now…
  • StarSon
    7456 posts Member
    Options
    Kudlaty wrote: »
    3ujm9zn9qslv.jpeg
    If anyone is considering using Leviathan in GAC attack, be warned - it will not grant you victory because obviously boarded enemy CS is still alive… this is beyond trash now…

Known issue, listed as in progress. Should get fixed soon.
  • Options
    LOL. That is seriously bad, known issue or not.
  • Options
    Simple work-around - don't ult.

(in b4 "ahmahgerd stop defending this trash!")

Yeah, it's bad - they should fix that post-haste.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options
    I still think expecting a character or ship to perform well at low stars just because another one did in the past is foolish... YMMV
    Forget the time GL were introduced to the game, go back to first power creeps of new generations: epic characters. They had their own teams: 501(GAS) and SE(Malak).
    Now, tell me were those characters not supposed to work on lower stars? 5* Malak and 5* GAS were God tiers at their time.
    Then, CS require crystals to upgrade from 4* to 7* which is basically cash-currency. And they reqire gear that is closer to GL requirements. For me its separate requirements. Basically like unloking 1CS and than unlocking another one with first CS required.