Leviathan isn’t pushing the meta…

Replies

• Options
    Ratinira wrote: »
    Spend 25k crystals and a warehouse of mats and get +7.8% better defence!
    A little bit expensive %% increase on my taste

So... don't spend them?

You know, I can kinda see spending extra to prepare for Grand Inq or JKCK. I didn't on GI and got stuck waiting more than 4 months for the 2nd appearance of his event. But in the end I only missed one Reva mission because of it. It didn't affect Reva unlock at all. But at least in the case of those 2 there's a very uncertain future for when the event will return.

With the CapShip events being what they are, you know you're going to have another chance in a month. And you absolutely KNOW things are going to be bugged, because they always are.

What, honestly, is the point of screaming for a refund? It's an event that comes back regularly once a month. you know that in advance. you know the first month is going to be messed up with bugs.

Just don't spend 25k. Grab the ship at 5* and make your decision about how fast to boost it on the speed and quality of CG's fixes.

If you spent 25k crystals and a warehouse of mats with no guarantees and get +7.8% defense, well, that's 7.8% better than you were promised. If you really couldn't afford the 25k crystals, well, then as I said: just don't spend them.

This isn't rocket science, people. The ENTIRE GAME is a resource management game.

When you come into the thread and talk about how you've bankrupted yourself pursuing something that isn't going provide a net positive return on the investment, all you're doing is advertising that you're really, really bad at this game.

If you didn't manage your resources well, then learn a lesson and manage them better next time.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options
    Devian wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    3- I got the ship, but my non req pilots are gear 12 and under
    Your Gar Saxon is lower than g12... so you yourself do not meet your own requirements.
    Either way, why are you climbing with profundity for nearly 2 weeks if numbers do not lie?
    q5cfik5d1cue.jpeg
    You picked the wrong BubbaFett.

https://swgoh.gg/p/111256223/
    There are more?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Your Gar Saxon is lower than g12... so you yourself do not meet your own requirements.
    Either way, why are you climbing with profundity for nearly 2 weeks if numbers do not lie?
    q5cfik5d1cue.jpeg

There are more?

There clearly are, since your link looks nothing like the right one. Also, you know, Google shows several. Also again, the one you picked isn't using a Gar Saxon in their fleet, so it was a weird thing to bring up.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    q5cfik5d1cue.jpeg

There are more?

There clearly are, since your link looks nothing like the right one. Also, you know, Google shows several. Also again, the one you picked isn't using a Gar Saxon in their fleet, so it was a weird thing to bring up.
    I copied BubbaFett (added swgoh) and google searched it. The Bubafett there had Leviathan at least.There are better options to search?
    Another one, like BubbaFet is clearly not the BubbaFett(no Leviathan), same goes for Bobafet, etc. And if he is some StasLebronsky - then yes, no way for me to check it. As for Gar saxon, I simply thought of him better, because he porobably knows that Leviathan event requires min r5 pilot for sith ships, which is higher than12.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    q5cfik5d1cue.jpeg

There are more?

i copied BubbaFett (added swgoh) and google searched it. The Bubafett there had Leviathan at least.There are better options?
    Another one, like BubbaFet is clearly not the BubbaFett, smaeg goes for Bobafet, etc. And if he is sime StasLebronsky - then yes, no way for me to check it. As for Gar saxon, I simoky thought of him better, because he orobably knows that Leviathan event requires min r5 pilot for sith ships, which is higher than12.

For common names you're usually better off doing a search like "bubbafett site:swgoh.gg". It will filter out all the hits from other things.

Sith Marauder is not a required pilot, but is in the meta lineup.
  • Options
    q5cfik5d1cue.jpeg

There are more?

I copied BubbaFett (added swgoh) and google searched it. The Bubafett there had Leviathan at least.There are better options to search?
    Another one, like BubbaFet is clearly not the BubbaFett(no Leviathan), same goes for Bobafet, etc. And if he is some StasLebronsky - then yes, no way for me to check it. As for Gar saxon, I simply thought of him better, because he porobably knows that Leviathan event requires min r5 pilot for sith ships, which is higher than12.
    If you Google it again you should see 2 profiles for BubbaFett. You picked the wrong one.

I still don’t understand your point about Gar Saxon. BubbaFett is clearly referencing Sith Marauder, who is not a requirement for Leviathan, though their ship is. Bubba is suggesting that some of the “Levi is trash” brigade are attempting to use the fleet with a poorly geared tank pilot, which is obviously going to give poorer results than those who have taken Marauder to relics.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    q5cfik5d1cue.jpeg

There are more?

If you Google it again you should see 2 profiles for BubbaFett. You picked the wrong one.

I still don’t understand your point about Gar Saxon. BubbaFett is clearly referencing Sith Marauder, who is not a requirement for Leviathan, though their ship is. Bubba is suggesting that some of the “Levi is trash” brigade are attempting to use the fleet with a poorly geared tank pilot, which is obviously going to give poorer results than those who have taken Marauder to relics.

Exactly, I was referring to running a Levi fleet and associated pilots, since that is clearly the topic of the thread (or so I thought)....
  • Options
    VladoVDD wrote: »
    all we shouldn't forget is: there are people who paid some money to be able to unlock untested ship/fleet full of bugs, which aren't fixed 2 weeks already. some of us want to know if this will continue in the future

If what will continue in the future? Buggy releases? Yes, those will continue in the future. 100% - take it to the bank - hang your hat on it - bet the farm every time - it will absolutely continue in the future. Their success rate for releasing totally bug free units with complex kits approaches 0. The thing is, that's going to be true of every game. This game just has a hyper-vigilant community that scrutinizes literally everything CG does, including what words they use in their forum posts and when and why they decide to take PTO. To be fair, CG has kind of brought some of that upon themselves, but the point is, if you look hard enough at anything, you'll find flaws (granted, you don't have to look too hard to find the Leviathan bugs). So yes, expect that to continue.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how it was in the past with low star ships.... ..... That was never promised....

Again, I really wish I could filter half of these comments to eliminate the following:

1- I don't have the ship, but I want to pile on
    2- I barely got the ship and it's low stars

If only we could pick this fly poop out of the pepper, we may actually know what is going on....

Hmmm…how is #3 a thing? All, sans one ship, have pilots to be required at high relics.
    #2 is due to the steep requirements/investment needed….what is my return (which is very low at 4,5,6 stars)
    #1 is nonsense as if you didn’t have the ship you want this bugged to high heaven ship to stay that way…not to be fixed.

#1 is because people just like a good old fashioned pile on... I am active in a few discord servers where chat happens more in "real time" and I can't tell you how many players I have seen stick their nose in making bold statements only to find out they don't have the ship and are basing their opinions off of hearsay and content creator videos..

#2 is debatable, it was never advertised that Levi would beat high star Prof and Exec at low star levels, yes I can understand why some don't have it past 4 or 5 stars and, depending on where you are in the game and what fleets you had previous to obtaining Levi may not be providing great ROI at low stars... Having to up the star count, however, doesn't mean the ship is garbage...

#3 is pretty self explanatory, both Malgus and SET are not required at any specific gear level and they are the cornerstone of that fleet...
  • Options
    SET is required at r7. Sith Marauder is the one not required at any gear level alongside Malgus.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options
    q5cfik5d1cue.jpeg

There are more?

Ok, if that one is the real bubafett than ok. Technically you don't need gls and crippletine for conquests characters and you don't need reliced SM... still, can show me a player with g12 marauder and Leviathan? I'm trying to guess how they managed stage 4 with 65k recomendations?

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    SET is required at r7. Sith Marauder is the one not required at any gear level alongside Malgus.

Yes, my bad.... I confused the tank character with the tank ship :)
  • Options
    Ratinira wrote: »
    Spend 25k crystals and a warehouse of mats and get +7.8% better defence!
    A little bit expensive %% increase on my taste

So... don't spend them?

You know, I can kinda see spending extra to prepare for Grand Inq or JKCK. I didn't on GI and got stuck waiting more than 4 months for the 2nd appearance of his event. But in the end I only missed one Reva mission because of it. It didn't affect Reva unlock at all. But at least in the case of those 2 there's a very uncertain future for when the event will return.

With the CapShip events being what they are, you know you're going to have another chance in a month. And you absolutely KNOW things are going to be bugged, because they always are.

What, honestly, is the point of screaming for a refund? It's an event that comes back regularly once a month. you know that in advance. you know the first month is going to be messed up with bugs.

Just don't spend 25k. Grab the ship at 5* and make your decision about how fast to boost it on the speed and quality of CG's fixes.

If you spent 25k crystals and a warehouse of mats with no guarantees and get +7.8% defense, well, that's 7.8% better than you were promised. If you really couldn't afford the 25k crystals, well, then as I said: just don't spend them.

This isn't rocket science, people. The ENTIRE GAME is a resource management game.

When you come into the thread and talk about how you've bankrupted yourself pursuing something that isn't going provide a net positive return on the investment, all you're doing is advertising that you're really, really bad at this game.

If you didn't manage your resources well, then learn a lesson and manage them better next time.

The person who can afford to spend 25k crystals is not managing recourses well...
    I presume the opposite is: the person who can't afford to spend 25k crystals is excellent at managing resources.

Not a very obvious conclusion for me, but if that is how your resource management is working for you... we'll, I won't ask questions.

P.s. Can you please point your finger where I said that spending that 25k bankrupted me? Don't remember saing that.
  • Options
    Ok, some of the bugs have been fixed. Now to see if that makes a difference
  • Options
    Just tried a battle and reinforced ship did not blowup…….
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    Options
    Great, after latest bug fix for Leviathan "Sabotage the hangars" doesn't work anymore :/
    The enemy reinforcements isn't destroyed after deploy
  • Options
    Those bugs "might" be fixed so far, BUT their bug fixes broke at least one thing. Watching RSG's lunch stream on twitch and the hangar sabotage ability isn't destroying a reinforcement. That's kind of a big deal...

Others have checked it and are seeing the same issue.
  • Options
    VladoVDD wrote: »
    all we shouldn't forget is: there are people who paid some money to be able to unlock untested ship/fleet full of bugs, which aren't fixed 2 weeks already. some of us want to know if this will continue in the future

If what will continue in the future? Buggy releases? Yes, those will continue in the future. 100% - take it to the bank - hang your hat on it - bet the farm every time - it will absolutely continue in the future. Their success rate for releasing totally bug free units with complex kits approaches 0. The thing is, that's going to be true of every game. This game just has a hyper-vigilant community that scrutinizes literally everything CG does, including what words they use in their forum posts and when and why they decide to take PTO. To be fair, CG has kind of brought some of that upon themselves, but the point is, if you look hard enough at anything, you'll find flaws (granted, you don't have to look too hard to find the Leviathan bugs). So yes, expect that to continue.

that's what we want to hear officially - "yes - we will release untested units in the future". no need to involve the others producers in it - not true for all of them (knowing that is my job after all)
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Those bugs "might" be fixed so far, BUT their bug fixes broke at least one thing. Watching RSG's lunch stream on twitch and the hangar sabotage ability isn't destroying a reinforcement. That's kind of a big deal...

Others have checked it and are seeing the same issue.

Having same issue
  • Options
    Argh!!!
  • Options
    Can't they fix something without another breaking??
  • Options
    Absolute clowns.
  • Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »

Is that a trick question?
  • Options
    This ship needs a flea and tick collar as it keeps getting bugs.
  • Options
    Leviathan is currently pushing CG's bug producing abilities
  • Options
    My shardmate with the strongest Levi in our shard just got owned by a guy with a 5* profundity...in which the Sabotage the Hangers bug still wouldnt decrease the odds of profundity winning since a player wouldnt call reinforcements anyways :/
  • Options
    It doesn't matter how it was in the past with low star ships.... ..... That was never promised....

Again, I really wish I could filter half of these comments to eliminate the following:

1- I don't have the ship, but I want to pile on
    2- I barely got the ship and it's low stars

If only we could pick this fly poop out of the pepper, we may actually know what is going on....

is this the first time you've unlocked a high requirement toon in the game, or do you always spend crystals?

you talk like a big shot, as if the immense relic requirements for a ship isn't enough for it to be usable - only people spending 25k crystals on top of that are entitled to an opinion.

this is a "meta defining" ship, just like ex and prof, this wasn't advertised as holdo or maces ship was it?
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    CrispyFett wrote: »

Is that a trick question?

More like rhetorical
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Hey @CG_Tusken_Meathead / @CG_SBCrumb : are we going to have to wait ANOTHER two weeks for the bug that just got introduced on Sabotage the Hangars to be fixed?

What a fiasco.
  • Decicrim
    225 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Fixed an issue where Mark VI does not reinforce second, it will now reinforce in this order (Sith Fighter > Mark VI > Scimitar)

So if you don't include sith fighter in reinforcements; the MarkVI will reinforce first, which is awful to have this hardcoded, it should be changed to reinforce second regardless of what ships the op has in reinforcements @CG_Tusken_Meathead