Captain Drogan

Replies

• Quesovercoatl
    85 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    How many people commenting here have an upgraded Colonel Starck ? just saying did it matter then ?
  • Options
    How many people commenting here have an upgraded Colonel Starck ? just saying did it matter then ?

most of us did it for SEE
  • Options

Not quite the same IMO. Were there other named characters (who spoke in ESB) they could have used instead of Starck? Might be wrong, but afaik Veers was the only such other prominent walker driver during Hoth.

Conversely, Crix Madine is on screen, has lines, and is named during the build up to Endor. My annoyance (it’s no more than that really and I’ll get over myself once I need him for Leia) is that they’ve created a character from scratch when there’s already a great character in the lore, who was also a part of the EU too (Darksaber anyone?), to build from. If they had literally named the character Madine rather than Drogan it would be no problem for me. YMMV
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    lucaefor wrote: »
    For generic filler it's (bordeline) acceptible but in this case inappropriate when they could have used Old Ben, Princess Leia, Captain Han, Farmboy Luke etc etc. If they wanted a new unit for a cash cow why not give us Bail Organa or someone else already in canon?

(Resistance) General Leia Organa should have been the GL anyway

Or if they wanted a new character, Stormtrooper Luke, Endor Luke, Endor Soldier, Rebel Captain.

Don’t forget Prune Face!
  • Options

most of us did it for SEE

And most of us will do that for Leia, what is your point
  • Options

Not quite the same IMO. Were there other named characters (who spoke in ESB) they could have used instead of Starck? Might be wrong, but afaik Veers was the only such other prominent walker driver during Hoth.

Conversely, Crix Madine is on screen, has lines, and is named during the build up to Endor. My annoyance (it’s no more than that really and I’ll get over myself once I need him for Leia) is that they’ve created a character from scratch when there’s already a great character in the lore, who was also a part of the EU too (Darksaber anyone?), to build from. If they had literally named the character Madine rather than Drogan it would be no problem for me. YMMV

I agree more with you than YolkyWarEagle1 who said "most of us did it for SEE", id rather they has used Crix or Hoth rebel officer. I'd prefer the not named squad commander or whatever as Crix should be a massive boost to rebels/rebel fighters, he was a important part of the rebellion
  • Options
    Let’s all admit why we are really mad here. This was their chance to add Porkins to the game and build a revamped danger zone squad and they missed. Leia lead Ackbar Wiggs and Porkins should have been the squad. That squad would have been goated af.
  • LordDirt
    5101 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Leia lead Ackbar Wiggs and Porkins should have been the squad. That squad would have been goated af.

I don't care for any of those characters. :D
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    7fywcim2foux.jpeg
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Leia lead Ackbar Wiggs and Porkins should have been the squad. That squad would have been goated af.

I don't care for any of those characters. :D
  • LordDirt
    5101 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

Stark is actually in the movie and comics. An actual canon character too. Drogan is something CG made up.
  • Options
    Is Drogan the guy with the Starbucks cup photo bombing the party on Endor at the end of RotJ?
  • Options
    Jacgul wrote: »
    GhostRep wrote: »
    I don't have any issue with CG creating a character from thin air, just as long as they add to the lore. He's not a main character, but him just "being there" on Endor would be pretty lame. A couple of cut scenes and some Kitty pool depth is definitely called for.

What is GBA and 50R-T’s lore?

To be fair though, GBA is a nameless drone from planet where these sorts or things are common and honestly, who cares about 50rt? I don't have her geared up, most people don't. I never see youtube videos or threads talking about how amazing she is, and I certainly don't see anyone saying anything else about her. However she isn't replacing anyone, no major plot arcs or stories have been influenced by her existence.
    Were there soldiers off screen in the battle of endor? Absolutely. So why are none of the ones we know exist and that some of us, especially in regards to one of my favorites, Crix Madine, shown and instead replaced?
    This has all the marks of what we in the military call, the good idea fairy. It's when someone with no useful or worthwhile ideas decides he's going to shove his own idea down the throats of everyone else simply because he can, regardless of whether it's bad or even just worthless. Drogan is the epitomy of the good idea fairy.
    RIP Crix Madine, Nien Nunb, every Bothan Spy, Nik Sant....and every other character that already exists and actually matters. And that's just the folks I remember were a part of the story.
    But hey, whoever decided to make drogan, at least there's something in star Wars that you can say you made.....

Most people do have 50-RT geared. She's a Leviathan prerequisite. That's so last month. But Nien Nunb should 100% be in-game!
  • Jacgul
    264 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have any issue with CG creating a character from thin air, just as long as they add to the lore. He's not a main character, but him just "being there" on Endor would be pretty lame. A couple of cut scenes and some Kitty pool depth is definitely called for.

To be fair though, GBA is a nameless drone from planet where these sorts or things are common and honestly, who cares about 50rt? I don't have her geared up, most people don't. I never see youtube videos or threads talking about how amazing she is, and I certainly don't see anyone saying anything else about her. However she isn't replacing anyone, no major plot arcs or stories have been influenced by her existence.
    Were there soldiers off screen in the battle of endor? Absolutely. So why are none of the ones we know exist and that some of us, especially in regards to one of my favorites, Crix Madine, shown and instead replaced?
    This has all the marks of what we in the military call, the good idea fairy. It's when someone with no useful or worthwhile ideas decides he's going to shove his own idea down the throats of everyone else simply because he can, regardless of whether it's bad or even just worthless. Drogan is the epitomy of the good idea fairy.
    RIP Crix Madine, Nien Nunb, every Bothan Spy, Nik Sant....and every other character that already exists and actually matters. And that's just the folks I remember were a part of the story.
    But hey, whoever decided to make drogan, at least there's something in star Wars that you can say you made.....

Most people do have 50-RT geared. She's a Leviathan prerequisite. That's so last month. But Nien Nunb should 100% be in-game!

No, 8% of people have her geared up, 48% have her at gear 1.
  • Options

No, 8% of people have her geared up, 48% have her at gear 1.
    True, but suggesting that every member of that 48% hasn’t geared her up because they don’t care about her is a bit of a stretch.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Options

When there are actual toons they could introduce who do exist, and we’d like, I object to them wasting my resources on it. Especially as they’re making him a GL requirement:

“Here’s a new character we invented who has no connection to anything you’ve ever seen/read/played/watched, and we just invented him because we’re woke and pushing agendas. Who cares what Lucasfilm/Disney would say about us adding to their franchise and changing it, we’re going to do it because we want to make you waste resources on this useless PoS in order to get a GL. Cuz we know you wouldn’t bother getting the toon if we didn’t make you.”
  • scuba
    14105 posts Member
    Options
    Tiig wrote: »

When there are actual toons they could introduce who do exist, and we’d like, I object to them wasting my resources on it. Especially as they’re making him a GL requirement:

“Here’s a new character we invented who has no connection to anything you’ve ever seen/read/played/watched, and we just invented him because we’re woke and pushing agendas. Who cares what Lucasfilm/Disney would say about us adding to their franchise and changing it, we’re going to do it because we want to make you waste resources on this useless PoS in order to get a GL. Cuz we know you wouldn’t bother getting the toon if we didn’t make you.”

Than don't get him and skip the gl.
    There has been lots of known characters and ships we have been "forced" to aquire and level that many players have felt are dumb and a waste of resources.
  • TVF
    36707 posts Member
    Options
    Every character was invented by someone, why should I care who invented it
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Every character was invented by someone, why should I care who invented it

That's not true. Luke Skywalker did exist. Only he existed a long time ago, in a galaxy far away.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Than don't get him and skip the gl.
    There has been lots of known characters and ships we have been "forced" to aquire and level that many players have felt are dumb and a waste of resources.

Like R5 Tusken Raider. But that was before the addition of Chief, Warrior, and Krayt raid making it more useful
  • Options
    I know this is really really hard to do but just for one second, only one second, consider that maybe this character was designed for someone other than you. Maybe there's a 9 year playing this game that has a limb difference and this character will make them happy because there's now a hero they can truly relate to.

Just consider that when you're trashing CG for making a character that may have even a slim chance of making someone feel better about themselves.
  • Options
    So wut teh problem?
    He's CG's original, and so what?
    Ppl havnt played KotOR dont know who revan is, ppl dont read the comics have no idea who is Dr.Aphra.
    So just treat him as a character in the universe long time ago and you dont know.
  • LordDirt
    5101 posts Member
    Options
    To all the people who complain about CG making a third new character, do you have an issue with new characters in the SW movies? Comics? or other media? I like some of the new characters in the Ahsoka show, liked a few in Andor as well. Why do they get a pass but not this game?
  • Options
    I don’t know why this is an issue at all. There are so many things to worry about in life. Why this?
  • Options
    I know this is really really hard to do but just for one second, only one second, consider that maybe this character was designed for someone other than you. Maybe there's a 9 year playing this game that has a limb difference and this character will make them happy because there's now a hero they can truly relate to.

Just consider that when you're trashing CG for making a character that may have even a slim chance of making someone feel better about themselves.

This 100%. I posted about this in the kit release thread, seems like a positive thing to me. If you don't like his backstory- ignore it. Relic the toon for GL Leia and then ignore him if you don't like him. As someone else posted, this isn't the last character to be introduced. There will always be someone upset when they introduce "X" character instead of "Y" character
  • Options
    The woke agenda complaints are pretty sad. Shh everyone don’t tell them about aphra and starros.
  • Abe_Fr0man
    154 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Yikes.

Edit: removed the word “pal” because no thank you.
  • Options
    Sloth243 wrote: »
    I don’t know why this is an issue at all. There are so many things to worry about in life. Why this?

Because they missed a chance to bring someones favorite character in a bikini into the game
  • Options
    last i checked both luke and vader have “limb differences”
  • Options
    CanadianAK wrote: »
    Limb difference? That's so ridiculous. Guess what? They don't put disabled people on the front lines unless they're down to nobody. There are a ton of EU characters and movie characters that can be used, but I guess weirdos need to "see themselves" to be happy. Keep marketing to the lowest percentage of the fan base.

snq4rwoc6u9o.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.