Applause for the patch.

Replies

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    I was thinking a cool idea - an olive branch at least - would be retro active (even if it's a percentage) exp points. Is it pretty safe to say that a large majority of players accrued exp Over the past two months just from gearing up? Only in instances when there's a big gap in updates, but I think it would be cool.

Another thing that would be interesting is trading resources between allies (gear and shards - not crystals or credits).

This is far too punishing for those who were not level capped. Anyone who was 70 would have a significant head start and that is counterproductive to cap increases.

The real answer would have been to remove the "exp" reward from dailies when level capped and change it to something tangible. This needed to be addressed a long time ago.
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    XCOM wrote: »
    I think initial reaction for many is wth. But if you reed deep down there are good reasons for the change:

This change helps people that didn't stockpile, and avoids having 10% of the player base being level 8 in 17 seconds, absolutely disrupting everyone. It also limits Whale Absolute Supremacy (WAS) and rewards actually playing the game every day. It also forces people to be very very selective on who to upgrade with lasting consequences in team setup.

You may like it or not but I see why they did this change. Also, the NEW gear requirements help slow down whales. They can get to level 8 very fast refreshing like true madmen, but they can't have geared up all the new gear in advance. Otherwise, they would have instantly geared EVERY TOP CHAR to max gear (some even 11) making Arena totally Hoardable by ththe m regardless of how sound their choices where. They will still gear up much faster than FTP but they will also have less information into what works best in the new meta. FTP will suffer but less than otherwise, but can watch what works best as to not invest their extremely limited refreshes on c rap.

Very -1

"Whales" deserve to level up faster as they are paying for a game others are playing for free. To try to slow them down only cripples the other 99% of the players, not sure how that makes any since at all. Personally I do not care what they did, all I care about is content and that was not added. But you can not have a game that promotes players to spend their money then penalize them for doing so. The game is NOT trying to do anything for the "whales" as it needs them, so they can not stock pile as much energy, they can credits which allows them to buy more daily.

+1

PS Devs hate us, they hate players, simple as that... How can anyone think getting 50 of anything just to get 1 piece of gear is ok... Then dilute it to anothe 50... For a FTP it takes about 13 days without refreshes to get 1 of those 50 gears required... We all like the game and put up, but eventually patience will run out... Or another Star Wars game will come out.

Never understand why people think the Dervs hates "whales", lol they want everyone to be "whales". They don't hate you @XCOM ( @BentWookiee might, jk) they want player to pay. If you don't pay anything they need you to feel like you have to, if you do pay then you feel like you obligated (like me) to stick with the game. Win/win for them, the players who hold their resolve are the ones this game absolutely needs to stay alive, but you will always be tempted by the Dervs.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't regret spending (yet! But slowly getting there... I mean what game do you spend >2,000 on and feel like you are not even close... And now you need another few hundred/thousands... Every day they make game more and more "money grabbing"! If they capped refills at say 200 and gear requirement was raised, I would not like but at least would not be able to accuse them of money grabbing, but as is... Pure madness. Sim sim sim refill sim sim sim sim sim refill... Even at 20-25 bucks a day takes days to weeks to advance one character....

You are right we are on the hook... I guess just quit spending is the only way to convey the message.
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options
    GiranKenor wrote: »
    Ackturi wrote: »
    Why not just look at your characters in other game modes and see how they fair? Are you going to follow every other player?

Yes, I am. If among the best 20 arena teams there are the same toons there should be a reason, no? For ex. you can see how many GS there... Who ever wanted it, before knowing how OP he is?

But can't other toons cancel out certain ones? So why not find the ones that are stronger against the ones everyone else is using?
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    MosDefJeff wrote: »
    This thread will be closed. Can't call out company in a thread.

But while it's open. You're wrong.

No you're wrong, I, for one, have never closed a thread with EA or CG in the title. I just edit the title to mean the same thing as the OP intended without the call out. I appreciate your help though. :)

I wrote the name of EA Jesse in the title and they close mine :( why?

You can PM anyone here <not in the game>. What are you trying to achieve by having your open letter directed to a named person even in the title? BW did save this post though, but The post is about why I think there are many positives here that initially infuriated me.

• Options
    I think initial reaction for many is wth. But if you reed deep down there are good reasons for the change:

This change helps people that didn't stockpile, and avoids having 10% of the player base being level 8 in 17 seconds, absolutely disrupting everyone. It also limits Whale Absolute Supremacy (WAS) and rewards actually playing the game every day. It also forces people to be very very selective on who to upgrade with lasting consequences in team setup.

You may like it or not but I see why they did this change. Also, the NEW gear requirements help slow down whales. They can get to level 8 very fast refreshing like true madmen, but they can't have geared up all the new gear in advance. Otherwise, they would have instantly geared EVERY TOP CHAR to max gear (some even 11) making Arena totally Hoardable by ththe m regardless of how sound their choices where. They will still gear up much faster than FTP but they will also have less information into what works best in the new meta. FTP will suffer but less than otherwise, but can watch what works best as to not invest their extremely limited refreshes on c rap.

Very -1

"Whales" deserve to level up faster as they are paying for a game others are playing for free. To try to slow them down only cripples the other 99% of the players, not sure how that makes any since at all. Personally I do not care what they did, all I care about is content and that was not added. But you can not have a game that promotes players to spend their money then penalize them for doing so. The game is NOT trying to do anything for the "whales" as it needs them, so they can not stock pile as much energy, they can credits which allows them to buy more daily.

+1

PS Devs hate us, they hate players, simple as that... How can anyone think getting 50 of anything just to get 1 piece of gear is ok... Then dilute it to anothe 50... For a FTP it takes about 13 days without refreshes to get 1 of those 50 gears required... We all like the game and put up, but eventually patience will run out... Or another Star Wars game will come out.

Never understand why people think the Dervs hates "whales", lol they want everyone to be "whales". They don't hate you @XCOM ( @BentWookiee might, jk) they want player to pay. If you don't pay anything they need you to feel like you have to, if you do pay then you feel like you obligated (like me) to stick with the game. Win/win for them, the players who hold their resolve are the ones this game absolutely needs to stay alive, but you will always be tempted by the Dervs.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't regret spending (yet! But slowly getting there... I mean what game do you spend >2,000 on and feel like you are not even close... And now you need another few hundred/thousands... Every day they make game more and more "money grabbing"! If they capped refills at say 200 and gear requirement was raised, I would not like but at least would not be able to accuse them of money grabbing, but as is... Pure madness. Sim sim sim refill sim sim sim sim sim refill... Even at 20-25 bucks a day takes days to weeks to advance one character....

You are right we are on the hook... I guess just quit spending is the only way to convey the message.

I went that way about a month ago, had spent thousands but no more, well until they add new content into the game atleast.
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options

No you're wrong, I, for one, have never closed a thread with EA or CG in the title. I just edit the title to mean the same thing as the OP intended without the call out. I appreciate your help though. :)

You can PM anyone in the game. What are you trying to achieve by having your open letter directed to a named person even in the title? BW did save this post though, but The post is about why I think there are many positives here that initially infuriated me.

Wait you can talk in game?
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options

You can PM anyone in the game. What are you trying to achieve by having your open letter directed to a named person even in the title? BW did save this post though, but The post is about why I think there are many positives here that initially infuriated me.

Wait you can talk in game?

I hope so... That would be a break through... I think he is wrong though.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    U guys are just overreacting

It's an April fool's' prank

The gear requirement is not increased
  • GiranKenor
    155 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Why not just look at your characters in other game modes and see how they fair? Are you going to follow every other player?

Yes, I am. If among the best 20 arena teams there are the same toons there should be a reason, no? For ex. you can see how many GS there... Who ever wanted it, before knowing how OP he is?

But can't other toons cancel out certain ones? So why not find the ones that are stronger against the ones everyone else is using?

Whales tryed every possible team, if they use some toons...
    And I keep asking you: did I miss some scene in episode II, where GS become heroes? Much more than Luke or Anakin? Or is it just an OP toon, so that everybody wants to have it?
    So why would you decide to have a weaker team?
    Another example: did you see how many phasma lead teams were there before the nerf? And how many QGJ and Dookus now?
    It goes like this thanks to EA! (Again, great job!).
    I prefer to wait and see whos the best, if you prefer to maximize ughnaught or lobot it's your choice. But I think you wont ever hit the best 100
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Such defeatist attitudes...

Leveling to 80 is playing the game...

If you define playing a game as hitting the Sim button repeatedly, then yes.

You have to 3* it before you can sim it.

New stages to beat, have fun!
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options

Whales tryed every possible team, if they use some toons...
    And I keep asking you: did I miss some scene in episode II, where GS become heroes? Much more than Luke or Anakin? Or is it just an OP toon, so that everybody wants to have it?
    So why would you decide to have a weaker team?
    Another example: did you see how many phasma lead teams were there before the nerf? And how many QGJ and Dookus now?
    It goes like this thanks to EA! (Again, great job!).
    I prefer to wait and see whos the best, if you prefer to maximize ughnaught or lobot it's your choice. But I think you wont ever hit the best 100

Sorry it's a f2p game for me. Ranking isn't priority when people waste money to win.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    The update is pure garbage and does the opposite of what you claim. Whales could craft gear under the old/easier formulas, while the rest of us are stuck under harder formulas that require ingredients that do not even exist yet. The devs can just block non-whale progress for as long as they want to give their whales a bigger advantage.

Jesse mentioned there will be new ways to get gear: you watch, they'll start selling gear packages. This is all utterly disappointing.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options

I am sorry you feel like you are getting peed on, usually when I feel like that's going to happen I don't stand there and complain, I get out of the way, but that's just me. :)

Are you saying instead of complaining about the patch, we should quit?

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I actually don't think this update is about farming gear. Because you won't be able to wear it until level 81. So this update is about HRS, CT 5s, Ima-Gun Di etc. You will be able to gear them up and most of them don't require such horrible gear. Who knows when the level 90 cap will come? That being said, i sure would have liked a warning on Yoda and more content as well. But it's not that much of a problem for me as it is for some of you, simply because i've only been playing 2 months. But i understand your frustrations if you have been playing for 4 months.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    The update is pure garbage and does the opposite of what you claim. Whales could craft gear under the old/easier formulas, while the rest of us are stuck under harder formulas that require ingredients that do not even exist yet. The devs can just block non-whale progress for as long as they want to give their whales a bigger advantage.

Jesse mentioned there will be new ways to get gear: you watch, they'll start selling gear packages. This is all utterly disappointing.

I am personally going to quit if i see p2p players that will be able to gear up above me on the same chars that i have in arena, while i need to wait till 81. I hope they don't let them, yet they should be spared of adding the extra mats at lvl 81.
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options

You are insane. I hope you never post again as this is ****. On what planet is it ok to farm for over a month for a piece of gear...
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know how it will affect the FTP, me, last time is free, now is still free.

Thanks for the entire infrastructure ptp, ftp and developers.
  • Options
    Djdalane wrote: »
    I would also like to applaude this update. It has finally cured me of the game. No matter the amount of money you throw at it its just pixels on a screen

Yep. That's the one good thing that came of this is CG/EA finally pushed too far with the gear. My wallet is slammed shut to them until I see them treating this game as more than a way to make a quick buck.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    U guys are just overreacting

It's an April fool's' prank

The gear requirement is not increased

If it is an April Fool's prank, what does it say about EA's reputation that so many of us think it's real? In other words, they're using their own horrible reputation to make a prank seem legit.
  • Kolo_Roke
    15 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Annoy the whales is long term good for the game?? For who exactly?

This update is trash for everyone. As you said, it annoys whales.

But it also annoys the F2P and low spender, who can't scrape together Jedi fast enough for the "surprise", as there was no communication. Oh, and I'm sure that everyone loves the fact that there is no new content - just more gear to grind.

This update only serves to alienate the current player base who are frustrated with a team of developers who not only won't listen, but refuse to implement anything that in ANY way improves actual game play.

You know what I did with all the energy I saved up today waiting for the update to drop? The same thing I did yesterday...and the week before. Farmed gear and the same lousy shards. And I'll do the same tomorrow, and the next day - until I get bored an quit.

And I'm no whale - and after this update my wallet is shut to EA.

Yea, pretty much this. It sums up my feels for this game, and EA, and CG. Devs that do not listen to the player base kill games. Just like SWTOR...

Here is the answer tho:
    f7963fc2557229bda5c8c3d578601b5c42a28bf4078a5369dfc4be39e2190803.jpg
  • Options
    When people got to level 70 there were threads that were complaints about "wasted exp". :|

Coming soon thread that complaints wasted exp(lv 80 version).
    I think people do some suggestion there, because nothing left to do after hit lv cap.
    the cake is a lie
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    When people got to level 70 there were threads that were complaints about "wasted exp". :|

I think people do some suggestion there, because nothing left to do after hit lv cap.

Quote from update notes:

General Changes
    Max Level Player Daily Activity – The Max Level Player Daily Activity is only displayed to players at max level and rewards a new Ability Material.

I am guessing this is the only way to get the gold ability mats, so it makes sense to get to 80 faster, so that you will have many more ability mats than the slower guys.
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    BentWookie wrote: »
    There were far more threads about how people would prefer not to have the level cap increased yet.

Most polls were 85% (at least) opposed to level cap increase. CG/EA didn't listen to those - what makes you think they listened to the tiny handful of posts to which you are referring?

People have asked for better communication for months - we got "surprised" instead.

People have asked for new content - we got Yoda...for the 3rd time.

People have asked for less grinding - we got more.

I like you Wookie - if you want to mod, that's cool, but don't try to wade in, towing the company line, **** on our heads and tell us it's raining.

EA isn't listening. They haven't listened. In months. Implying that they are is insulting.

Not exactly... Communication was improved by Friday's announcements... this we should admit. I fully agree on the rest.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »

Quote from update notes:

General Changes
    Max Level Player Daily Activity – The Max Level Player Daily Activity is only displayed to players at max level and rewards a new Ability Material.

I am guessing this is the only way to get the gold ability mats, so it makes sense to get to 80 faster, so that you will have many more ability mats than the slower guys.

Well, at least they can't get them through Crystal refreshes which some may to 5 times yours. getting a core team of 8 Arena chars will take 4 abilities average per char per 5 days each upgrade a total of 8 x 4 x 5 days or 160 days. 5 chars may take 3 months easily.

• Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Well i am glad they dropped Yoda down for those that needed him. Notice would have been nice, but atleast they followed through with the advertisement on the IOS app store.

Also, @EA_Jesse thank your team for the hard work, and the bringing of the much needed new content.

Hopefully next time they will give others more notice so they may direct their focus in areas as needed and not take others time for granted. My time is no more valuable than anyone elses and others should respect that.

• papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options

Hitting the sim button 250 times to fill a single gear slot is not.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Preemo_Magin I am sure that they will add gold mats to drop in the next update, it will just be a head start for those that are faster. Yes, right now the numbers are ridiculous.
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    I JUST WANT MY WASTED XP BACK

he he he. "wasted xp" is funny term. people are not too smart looks like and that forcing they to wasting experience instead to collecting it.

how are You playing (was playing) from lvl 1 to lvl 70? choicing 5-7 toons, up they, gearing they, staring they, and slowly (btw) collecting 1-2 more toons.

how are You was playing at 70lvl? Making synergys experiments, trying different party's tactics, different party (like rebels or night sisters). You was playing. You was got experience instead collecting "experience" for next lvlup.

I say hello to new "exp"run and bye bye to playing time. and I hope for opposite soon.
  • Options

If you define playing a game as hitting the Sim button repeatedly, then yes.

Do you guys always auto your fights if you don't use sim? I only use sim to get rid of them then I play without any auto. Even just to get gear. But then again I'm only level 52, started around when I got my s7.

I sim if playing on the mobile, auto play if on the PC. Not to save SIMs, have 5k extra but to get more tokens for Bronziums. Eventually, SIMs will start stockpiling as the energy cost rises for playing harder missions as you level up.