4/4 Teaser Discussion Megathreads (Guild, Guild Chat, and Raid confirmed)

Replies

• Options
    Any thoughts or ideas on things that Guilds can do.
  • Options
    The trailer is referencing a Shard battle against a 30 foot tall darth jar jar dressed up in rancor skin dancing to Phil Collins' "In the air tonight", while holding a bottle of lotion and screaming "It puts the lotion on its skin" during the entire battle.

Seriously though, its likely a $500 auridium pack where you get a 2 star rancor that hits like bariss and heals like 3 star daka
  • Green_Legend_Ran
    389 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Rancor Raids
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • Options
    Fortnightly barbecues with VB, L&P and Pavlova.

Well at least mine does anyway . . .
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I haven't won an arena fight in 3 days. Haven't finished GW in 4. I'm a level 70 as of yesterday. I've been leveling, gearing, working steadily toward stronger squads. Couldn't finish GW until about level 55 then finished regularly until 4 days ago. The RNG has gone crazy and I've become so frustrated it's not fun anymore. A lower star, lower gear, lower ability level Sid lands a heal immunity every time (and yes I started keeping track after the first time) but mine only 1 in 3? Extra bonus attacks, extra critical hits, more dodges that I never get. It's screwed up and it's not fun anymore. I have two characters ready to star and I cannot star them because I can no longer finish GW. It's sad, it's frustrating and probably no longer worth my time. I loved the game and the movies but whoever programmed this doesn't like to lose so the AI gets an extra boost. I know I'm not the only one out there so hopefully we can find something more fun (or at least better programmed) to play
  • Options
    See ya. EA won't miss you
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Bye
  • Options
    Fortnightly barbecues with VB, L&P and Pavlova.

Well at least mine does anyway . . .

I want to go
    How can i apply?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Block noobs from the top five. Currently that's about all they could do with what we have...
  • Tifer
    130 posts Member
    Options
    I finished GW 2 times. Yes, 2, by the time I reached level 70.

Now, since everyone says it's been more difficult, I haven't come up short yet. I don't get it...
  • CountOrlandu
    142 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yea this is a 1v1 ladder game ATM.

Only thing I can see guilds doing is ladder collusion.

Hey guildchat anyone want to lock player x out while I cruise to number one?

In another game I played similar to this they had raids which are like galactic war basically...but you can only use each character for 1 battle...so would need huge roster to do it yourself...or a guild where each member clears as many battles as they can.
  • Options
    I beat GW every single day. Usually only one to 2 node I retreat like 4 times. Otherwise I plow through it
  • Ryan16
    41 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah retreat does work. Do you have luminara?
  • Kaib
    74 posts Member
    Options
    OP opened this thread partially for feedback. I'd like to give some! And nicely too!

I like that you are giving the option of guilds. I like that there is a cool battle ahead for players to frolic in. I like that you are awarding cool stuff for winning said battle. Personally, however, I don't like to play in guilds. I wouldn't have downloaded this game or kept it if guilds were essential. It's just not my thing. I would appreciate opportunity to obtain essential gear elsewhere or if the essential gear must be tied to guilds, having the mechanism for that be very unobtrusive and easy to complete on my own time.

My two cents. Thanks! @EA_Jesse
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Get your guilds ready
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    Options
    Cosmic turtle will have your stuff
  • capGamesArtist
    16 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    Get your guilds ready

aw yisss!
  • Aquatronic
    15 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I struggled with GW until I stopped leveling at 66 and upgraded my gear. I put together a decent A-team and a so-so B-team. Use some of the tips on this forum. Retreat when in trouble, change positions if a squishy character gets hammered, use throw away teams to soak up first round special attacks etc.

Once I started beating GW everyday, I went ahead and slowly promoted my A-team to level 70. Now I finish GW last node with my B-team while my A-team sits on the bench.
  • Options
    I have no guild :(
  • Options
    Is it confirmed its a rancor? Looks like a rancor. Would be awesome. Some characters in old final fantasy games were powerful animals that u couldn't control control. I hope it's like that. Just a hugely powerful wildcard.
  • Options
    Adios Felecia
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Not confirmed but with the hint, "Big", the video that looks very similar to the Rancor pit door, and the sounds I think it's a good guess.
  • Options
    Can I have your toons and gear?
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If they require you to join a guild to raid and receive the items you need to progress further in the game it will turn a lot of people off including myself. I have no interest In joining a guild with people I do not know and them forcing me to do so would **** me off. Just saying...

Edit I have no problem with them adding guilds or raiding. I do have a problem if the block my gear progression by putting items I can can only aquire in a guild only mode.
  • Mrek0
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Where are you guys seeing this?
  • Miller
    103 posts Member
    Options
    What is this ? World of Warcraft ?
  • Options
    Not sure what people are complaining about. We've been asking for guilds and now we got it. We got something we wanted yet people complain. Ugh...
  • Options
    Content is content. Wish the combat system update was sooner rather than later though. Still better than nothing.