** The Ewok Event : [ Merged Comments thread ]

Replies

• Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Apple are working with WWF, and the purchase of ewok bundle goes uncut to WWF
    There are lots of game updates in the App Store, with a WWF update

I know WWF stands for World Wildlife Foundation but I still think of Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock whenever someone mentions WWF.
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options
    Dangit I want my ewoks and I'm on android
  • Options
    I really hope we only need 2 ewoks
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    NOOOOOO. I'm on IOS and I only have 2 ewoks. Can probably get Chirpa within 6 days, but Ewok Elder? :'(

I think, and Droid users can let me know, you also got a daily data pack that gave droid shards outside of the event with a chance to unlock a droid, right? Maybe there is another way without spending money to get the ewoks
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    It's officially announced. It's in the update notes in iTunes App Store

Indeed. Wonder when it starts?
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Glad it's not on android. I have no desire to waste resources on the three ewoks I have.
  • Options
    Kabbes wrote: »
    Finity wrote: »
    Kabbes wrote: »
    Finity wrote: »
    I'm curious how this will work though because there arent even 5 ewoks to assemble a full team. I won't mind shards of ewoks (I dont use any, and dont have elder or chirpa unlocked yet), but I don't know how this event will work
    IIRC, for the droid event, you only needed three droids.

Mind you, I only have two ewoks.

I only have 2 also (teebo and scout), and working towards elder or chirpa for this event doesnt seem appealing as this event is coming at a time when the meta of the game is changing and the level cap was just increased... sigh

The fact that 100% of the bundle price goes to the WWF might actually induce me to buy it, mind. I guess we shall see what they charge. I'm up for bunging a tenner WWF's way.

+1. Kudos to CG/EA for this
  • Options
    Seriously. I never want to hear iOS users complain again about Android, all the shards earned in the droid event were already easy to obtain through cantina and shipments, nothing in there was difficult to farm. Giving away Elder and Scout shards really stinks for the people farming and spending crystals daily only to get 1-2 shards (if you were lucky). Such a frustrated ewok farmer :D
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I know WWF stands for World Wildlife Foundation but I still think of Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock whenever someone mentions WWF.

:D Me, too!!! For a second I was really excited coz of WWF.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    And there will be ewok data packs for sale as well
  • Orba
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Been farming Chirpa pretty much since he was release so this makes me very happy, the only pain is that starring up the Elder and Scout is slow work so those could hold me back from getting access to all tiers of the event.
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options
    Even if android bundle cost 20% more for the bundle than apple I'd buy it...
  • Options
    zerizut wrote: »

:D Me, too!!! For a second I was really excited coz of WWF.

Hahaha. Stone Cold is the end boss. You'd never win. Ha
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options
    Samsung phones are superior and I don't get my ewoks.....
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I don't like these platform exclusive events. Hopefully they are done after this one.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    The irony that I've been running a full, maxed ewok team for months and I can't even play this event. Kind of disappointed
  • Options
    Where is the 2* Lando ? Maybe we should also start some whining..
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Have recently updated the app ect on Ios with the Ewok Event in the description.

How do I find this now that it's been updated?
    {RotE}
  • Options
    I've been upgrading ewoks on the back burner, so should be good to go as long as all four don't need to be 7 stars. Wonder when it'll kick off...
  • Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    The irony that I've been running a full, maxed ewok team for months and I can't even play this event. Kind of disappointed

How long did that take?? I really want an Ewok team but that seems like it would take forever
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    12hu7j.jpg
    Smells like another unfair, biased, platform based event. But unlike the droid event I actually like this one. Too bad I can't play it because I'm on Android.

First bad part of the update so far, just waiting on those stealth nerfs . . .
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »

Yeah I'm with ya I was so excited to see ewok event only to see apple attatched... they are more of an orange eater imo...
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I'm on iOS, and yes of course I'm excited for the event, however it annoys me with all the OS/country/device things, as this should be a joint Star Wars experience for all, not exclusivity for some, but I can't understand why Google is not onboard with this, maybe they don't like pandas :tongue:
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    Options
    Sparrow wrote: »
    i just want to say, even though i know android got the droid event, I am kinda sad cause i had to farm droids for that which i did not really want, and i cant do the ewok event when i have ewoks i actually do want....

I feel your pain, so much energy on teebo almost 7*,Ewok elder just hit 6*, chief Chirpa the same, and scout on the way to 6*.

While I loathe device specific events that are divisive, android got the "easy to farm droids", cg could at least have tried to somehow equalise this if they had to with a droid event, but no, they sign off on the very hard to farm Ewoks that require (in my personal experience) roughly 5 to 8 times the energy + time required to farm the same amount.

Well, looks like unfortunately this fairly regular payments player has just decided to go free to play. Whoever signs off ultimately on these things (device specific events, update timings shortly before payout times on the hour, should be looking for a new job, you aren't doing cg or ea any favours by losing paying customers on purpose.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    The event hasn't officially started yet. I imagine it will appear when it does begin.
  • Options
    LOVE the ewok bundles!
    Reasonably priced and good content!
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    Options
    The event just became available for me.
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Options
    Im an apple user and im really sad to see other people who enjoy ewok cant join the event.
  • Options
    I'm fairly sure 95% of gamers detest platform-exclusive events. Unfortunately, given that freemium games are all about slowly squeezing money out of you and events are GREAT at doing this, they're never going to change :/
  • Options
    I know event is iOS only but can android buy the bundle? and save the earth..?