** The Ewok Event : [ Merged Comments thread ]

Replies

• Options
    how much does ewok pack cost, and what does it give
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The datamined rewards are substantially better than they were for the droid event, btw. Up to 8 shards (droids were a max of 3). All of the droids are easy to farm, few of the ewoks are.
    Very odd decision-making in Sacramento.. again.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    It's available guys:

https://imgur.com/a/kKfug
  • Options
    4.99 for ewok elder pack and 19.99 for teebo, chirpa and scout pack
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Given that except for the dark side starter pack there have been no bundles under $10, making one for $5 that contains a difficult-to-farm character and offering it only to Apple users is.. wow.
  • Options
    Have scout at 3* g3 and elder at 4* g9
    Chirpa at 1/50 lol and teebo at 15/25 so i should be able to get this event done. Hopefully unlocking chirpa by the end of it to use him for more shards
  • Options
    I just saw that all of the proceeds go to the WWF, that's actually really awesome and I would definitely buy that. I'd pay $50 that was the price simply because it's for a good cause.

Unfortunately I'm on Android. Sorry pandas.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Is it worth it? It's for charity after all. Thoughts?
  • Options
    Just shut up and appreciate your platform exclusive >.>
  • Options
    £3.99 for Ewok Elder and 440 crystals

£14.99 for Chief Chirpa, Teebo, 15 Ewok Scout Shards, 300K, and 1340 crystals.

Am i wrong in saying this is easily the best offer so far? And ALL the money goes to charity :open_mouth:
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Not really, I only have 2 ewoks unlocked and the chances of doing the 2/3 tier is unlikely
    {RotE}
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    I'm on iOS, and yes of course I'm excited for the event, however it annoys me with all the OS/country/device things, as this should be a joint Star Wars experience for all, not exclusivity for some, but I can't understand why Google is not onboard with this, maybe they don't like pandas :tongue:

+1
  • Options
    Naifreak wrote: »
    Im an apple user and im really sad to see other people who enjoy ewok cant join the event.

Same here.

If I buy the packs (100% to charity so I'm seriously considering it), but already have the characters activated or waiting to activate, how many shards will I get?
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    To even get the good shards will take eons. Can you play the same level over and over again? Or is it like Yoda where it's one and done?
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    The datamined rewards are substantially better than they were for the droid event, btw. Up to 8 shards (droids were a max of 3). All of the droids are easy to farm, few of the ewoks are.
    Very odd decision-making in Sacramento.. again.

Yup. But I think you know better than most players, decision-making in Sacramento is not driven by a passion for equality :/
  • Robert
    150 posts Member
    Options
    Do you think you will be able to do each challenge 3 times total or 3 times per day? Wondering whether to invest in a bundle since I only have 2 unlocked ewoks. 3 times a day each and you could really rack up the shards.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    just got event and packs available in est timezone usa
  • Options
    100% proceeds to WWF. I bought both.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I just saw that all of the proceeds go to the WWF, that's actually really awesome and I would definitely buy that. I'd pay $50 that was the price simply because it's for a good cause.

Unfortunately I'm on Android. Sorry pandas.

Yes.. everything to charity and also the best deals ever offered aside from the one-time starter pack.
    And the event drops shards that take weeks to farm, and you get more tries at it.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ida know.

I do think that the timing of the gifts being handed out to iOS vs Android have heavily favored to iOS.

iOS got:
    • Poe when was Poe was overpowered (pre nerf)
    • Phasma right before the balance change that could very likely turn Phasma into a monster.
    • Lando (which was subsequently abused by a bunch of people and taken away)
    • Ewoks including a newly released character and a *VERY* hard farm in Ewok Scout.

Android got:
    • Phasma - which is a good character - but nothing compared to Poe, especially with the difficult in farming Cantina credits.
    • Droid event which is great considering IG-88 and IG-86 could potentially be very strong in the new meta... But they're chars that have been around forever and none of them are difficult farms.
    • Poe when he wasn't nearly as relevant (post nerf) in a speed meta that left him in the dust.
    • Nothing like the free Lando.

Having said that... I guess EA can do whatever it feels like, but I really hope that if this continues there is some consideration on EA's part as to what "gifts" are being given to whom and when.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    £4 for 25 Elder shards... about a weeks farming
    {RotE}
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    I gotta admit this kinda really annoys me. I'm on android and the ewoks have been my side project since a couple weeks after I started in Dec.

Been hoping for an event and now I can't play in it so I'm gonna go pout and scream into my pillow about how unfair life is. (Actually I am just being dramatic I won't do that.........or will I?)
  • Options
    Bloody spewin mate.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I have been a F2P all this time. But this offer is really worth it and all the proceeds to charity is really nice.
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    £4 for 25 Elder shards... about a weeks farming

25 shards is more like 3 to 4 weeks for elder
  • Options
    I don't mind ios getting the event but it would be nice if android users could still buy the ewok packs - at the end of the day if the proceeds are going to a worthwhile charity I'd most likely drop some cash (I bought the droid pack) so it would be good to keep the event ios exclusive but raise more money by selling the packs to android users. Even if they were a £1 more expensive
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Sir_Whooty
    518 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Not really, I only have 2 ewoks unlocked and the chances of doing the 2/3 tier is unlikely

I spent the $20 for the cause, and you get 3 battles/day that drop shards.
  • Options
    All I want to know is, how does WWF relate to Ewoks? Those are not real bears.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Yup. At least buy elder. That's an amazing deal
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information