the cake is a lie
  • Enigmaticien
    384 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Delete
    Post edited by Enigmaticien on
  • Options
    i struggled my first bit in GW until I learned a priority system for deciding my kill order.

It definitely seems that free players have it a bit harder, especially in the beginning. Once you have Sid and Lumi it gets easier but Barriss helps a ton as well.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    25 completed runs. global launch player. failed 3 in total.
    mighty chlorians
  • Enigmaticien
    384 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    delete
  • Options
    im struggling with the gw a bit, furthest ive gotten was 3 battles before the end, enemies get realy tough at that point, almost al in the teams have 5* and many even 6* im shorting a propper 3rd healer like luminara or barris, aiming at luminara first, barris farming in campaign bit tough for me.
  • Options
    I'm level 57 f2p and I haven't won it once :s
  • Options
    Level 60 F2P starter with launch won it 12 times now. Yesterday won it using 5 best chars only.
  • Options
    3. Level 49 f2p
  • Enigmaticien
    384 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Delete
  • Options
    Finished 16 GW campaigns.
    Been stuck last 4 days in GW, from about the 2nd or 3rd battle I'm facing all level 60, 7*, purple gear teams the rest of the way. I usually grind it out until the last or second last battle but by then I'm too worn down to make it through.

Yesterday I had only 7* Sideous left in the final battle but he just got stronger as I fed my weaker toons into the meat grinder. Today, same thing in the penultimate battle. Sigh....

2qi67o2.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Maybe a percentage was a better option for the score.

With my second account (lvl46) i run a hit and run squad, kill the high dps. Retreat and repeat. At the end I sub in JC and Talia and if needed heal some. Managed to clear all gw's but i'm affraid i will need more healers in the future. But at lower levels this seems a good option.
  • Raenas
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Since I have my 6 star Fives I am winning every GW... he is a beast. That speed down truly lets the full team to heal. Also the 6 star maxed ability consular... low cooldown heal is a winner. Consular for GW is way more op then Lumi.
  • IM_UR_UPGRADE
    223 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    22, lost some recently after AI buff, funny thing though is it made me readjust and made my team in general better. "the attempt on my [streak] has left me scarred but my resolve has never been stronger"
  • Options
    What's the first achievement regarding GW? Is it complete 5 or 10 GW Campaigns?
  • Options
    Slushie wrote: »

10 then 50 is the next achievement.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Slushie wrote: »

10 then 50 is the next achievement.

Thanks, I'm on 46/50 right now with the 2nd achievement.
  • Options
    Low spender(Dooku&subs only) play for about a month and a half. Only incomplete once.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I am currently at level 53 so I, luckily, haven't seen any full 60s in the the GW. I have spent some money on draws although I don't consider myself P2P, I am definitely not F2P.
    I am having really good luck currently with Barris, Dooku, Ren, Leia, Lumi as my main team but I cycle in other characters as needed when I see the opposing team. Have only lost once in the last week.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    26 full clears, and around 3 failures because I underestimated certain nodes early on... namely droid aoe teams...

It gets a lot easier as you have more characters at 55 plus to help... but eventually even that won't help because everyone has stronger and more difficult teams to beat...
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Robbathehutt
    1048 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    14 ever since I have more than 2 teams of level 60s I haven't lost one. One thing I do that I think helps alot is not opening up with Sidious' special on turn 1. Instead I do a regular attack with Sidious which applies the healing debuff 90% of the time allowing me to kill my 1st priority target usually on my 1st turn, and even if the target doesn't die the AI is dumb and will attempt to heal thru the debuff (exception being Bariss) and then Sidious' special will almost always kill the target on turn 2 with his special even if the opponent taunts. This strat works pretty well in arena too.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    15 hopefully 16 at the end of the day, from 40-52 I won every day, but when I hit 53 there was first a all lvl 59 at 8 and a full level 60 at 9, manegede to get thru those two, but made the mistake that I thought it was batle 12 for some reason, so I wasted almost all of my top 10, got to 11 where I encountered a all lvl 58, and that was it: Game Over man!

But usually the last battle is lower level than mine
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    I win it every day. Just get a bunch of healers and use retreat, strategically.
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    21 in a row (today) and counting...After started winning GW for the first time (20 days ago), I never fail to complete it at all now...hehehe....and yes, more healers, more easier...
  • Options
    lvl 59, played since global release, only beat the first time...mostly f2p. I think the retreat crap is an exploit and this needs to be fixed so people can beat it without retreating when any enemy pops a special.
  • Options
    I'm level 57 f2p and I haven't won it once :s

I was not able to complete GW until I learned about the Retreat option. After that, I had a much easier time.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options
    More than 30.
    All cleared
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Nosnibor wrote: »
    lvl 59, played since global release, only beat the first time...mostly f2p. I think the retreat crap is an exploit and this needs to be fixed so people can beat it without retreating when any enemy pops a special.

It really depends on how you use the retreat. If you use it to get rid of Taunts, Buffs, and Debuffs then yes I think that is an exploit that the developers didn't think about. If you get into a fight and your heaviest hitter gets taken down to Red and you know your healer doesn't have a heal ready, retreat to replace the damaged guy before he is dropped. Then retreat again to bring him back in when he can be healed with less risk of dying.

That is how, I beleive, the Retreat function is supposed to be used and is not an exploit.
  • Options
    Level 54, won 8 lost 3 or 4, much easier with Ewok Elder as my main healer as well as having Poe leveled and geared up. I run in to sid on almost every node so having a res, backup res, as well as debuff clear is amazing :)
  • Options
    Not related to level
    I finished 33 total when I am at level 53 only a few failed