Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Options
    I don't have Barris or qgj and I'm not spending 6 mil + credits to lvl my Jedi to 77. Guess I don't get yoda.

...and yes I've tried too many times, with his weakest companions and the Barris trick. I can't pump out the dmg before he 2 shots someone. My lumi is 74, 1 unstoppable force took away all protection and 70% of hp.
  • Gacun
    1 posts Member
    Options
    It is ridiculous and abusive, it is impossible to achieve, I lost my time offending 5 jedis 7 star
  • BrandedPhoenix
    70 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm hearing plenty of issues with the Yoda Event, and personally I'm having more then a tough time with it (35 Tries and plenty of uncensored rage later) I decided to test the waters. Let's see if we can get a message out to some certain people!
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    El_Toro wrote: »
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    So the lesson to learn from this is we need a specific team in order to beat him. Why they couldn't tell us that in the first place, I don't know. Everyone who's beat Yoda has Eeth Koth. He's, apparently, the big requirement. Glad I spent absolutely no time on him. Thanks EA.

This is quite funny as the first time Yoda was around no one could beat him with Eeth Koth. It wasn't until the 2nd appearance using the Barris trick that someone used Eeth to beat him.

You may be right. Everyone I've seen on here that has beat him today had Barriss and Eeth. Most also had QGJ, Lumi, and JC.

I think it's because his stun works now. I stunned him once when I was beating him. QG removed tenacity, Eeth stun and a bunch of specials and it was half over
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    Options
    So the lesson to learn from this is we need a specific team in order to beat him. Why they couldn't tell us that in the first place, I don't know. Everyone who's beat Yoda has Eeth Koth. He's, apparently, the big requirement. Glad I spent absolutely no time on him. Thanks EA.

This is quite funny as the first time Yoda was around no one could beat him with Eeth Koth. It wasn't until the 2nd appearance using the Barris trick that someone used Eeth to beat him.

You may be right. Everyone I've seen on here that has beat him today had Barriss and Eeth. Most also had QGJ, Lumi, and JC.

I have qgj,lumi,ashoka,eeth and jc and i cant beat him
    I believe the requierement for this event is barris as lead which i dont have her
  • Options
    @JGLion

Congratz on getting Yoda!
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options

I didn't have Eeth. Barriss, Lumi, QGJ, Ahsoka, JC. If it wasn't for Ahsoka I doubt I would have beaten it so easily. She was doing more damage than anyone else.
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    Options
    @JGLion

Congratz on getting Yoda!

Lmao,u make laugh mate!
  • Options
    JGLion wrote: »
    Basically if you don't have QJG don't bother. Why not just make him a requirement and be done

You don't need QGJ!

You're also running Barriss. I think most people either don't have QGJ, or don't have Barriss. The ones that do are more likely to beat this it seems.

• Mythov
    97 posts Member
    Options
    Armitage wrote: »
    Yoda event 7 star officially impossible to beat

"You want the impossible"
    "I don't... I don't believe it!"
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options
    Hellcat wrote: »
    Zekex wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Still no win here, someone please explain how to win w/o QGJ

I don't believe it to be possible.

The assist attack with extra damage is really important and debuffing his tenacity up and getting O up for yourself is critical As well.

That said I don't think anyone beat original Yoda without QG

Using QGJ's dispel to gain offense up is very bad advise.
    7* Yoda's masterstroke seem to have a cooldown of 1 turn at most. He can always steal your offense up if he is not stunned. And once he has offense up it is over (13000 damage non critical; 20000 critical).

not true.he doesn't have a 1 cd on masterstroke. He doesn't/can't steal another ability after stealing lumi's heal over time. I have NEVER let him steal offense up and let him spread to his adds. Not even once. Instead of lying, why not try what people have said works?

I never said he spread the offense up to his aids.

Many can testify that it goes something like this: Yoda will steal whatever buffs you have, then you dispel him with QGJ, Yoda does one other action (the one turn cool down), and in his next turn he can steal your offense up (QGJ's offense up lasts 2 turns). It happens to me numerous times. So get your head outta your butt.

I did it with offense up at least twice on yoda, never allowed him to steal it, and beat him.

Question is did you listen to second-hand accounts instead of trying it yourself?

What part of ''it happens to me numerous times" do you not understand?

which part of he doesn't double steal do you not get?
  • Options
    Barriss(L) QGJ eeth JC and Lumi was my team. All 75-77 gear 8 maxed abilities no omega. Was trying the Barriss equalize route and it wasn't working so I changed gears. Decided to try against eeth and old Ben for yodas buddies and went straight at yoda. Got a bit of luck but it was pretty straight forward. I'm completely ftp and just want others to know its def frustrating but doable. Btw long time forum lurker, first time poster and figured this would be an appropriate time/event to post!
  • Options
    congrats!
  • Options
    Grats.
  • Options
    No, I don't have the drive to put in the time and effort to complete it. People completed it prior to the level 80 update, so it can't be impossible. It's just a matter of time. If you care about that kind of thing.
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    Options
    Farewayguy wrote: »
    Barriss(L) QGJ eeth JC and Lumi was my team. All 75-77 gear 8 maxed abilities no omega. Was trying the Barriss equalize route and it wasn't working so I changed gears. Decided to try against eeth and old Ben for yodas buddies and went straight at yoda. Got a bit of luck but it was pretty straight forward. I'm completely ftp and just want others to know its def frustrating but doable. Btw long time forum lurker, first time poster and figured this would be an appropriate time/event to post!

So u done one profile 5min ago for the first time here and came to explain and to let us know that u got Yoda?
    Dude,u need to find yourself another forum coz we aint stupid! I know u got a job but ,cmon ,really?
  • Options
    Congrats, I also beat it with lumi lead (76) Ben (76) Qgj (78) Fisto (76) and Jc (71) couple of rage moments due to yoda dodging though!
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options

The assist attack with extra damage is really important and debuffing his tenacity up and getting O up for yourself is critical As well.

7* Yoda's masterstroke seem to have a cooldown of 1 turn at most. He can always steal your offense up if he is not stunned. And once he has offense up it is over (13000 damage non critical; 20000 critical).

not true.he doesn't have a 1 cd on masterstroke. He doesn't/can't steal another ability after stealing lumi's heal over time. I have NEVER let him steal offense up and let him spread to his adds. Not even once. Instead of lying, why not try what people have said works?

Many can testify that it goes something like this: Yoda will steal whatever buffs you have, then you dispel him with QGJ, Yoda does one other action (the one turn cool down), and in his next turn he can steal your offense up (QGJ's offense up lasts 2 turns). It happens to me numerous times. So get your head outta your butt.

I did it with offense up at least twice on yoda, never allowed him to steal it, and beat him.

Question is did you listen to second-hand accounts instead of trying it yourself?

I got that you have beaten the challenge. Bravo. Have yourself a cookie. But it helps nobody giving advise to people that doesn't work. Or putting up an old video that is totally irrelevant to the current situation.
  • Options
    I too got Yoda. Lumi (L) 77g8, QGJ 77g8, Koth 72g8, Barris 76g8, Mace 74g8.
  • Options
    I guess common sense isn't as common as I thought... Pure "sense" would stipulate that if Jedi are one of the weakest "races" in the game, you would have to make it at least possible, yet the Devs make it so that this little green female body part can 2 shot a lvl76 gear 9, 7* character with a 12k hit per attack... Then we're not even talking about his "Darth Vader" ability to hit again directly after killing 1 hero... The match is over in less than 5 of your turns.

I understand it suppose to be difficult but for the love of everything good in this world... Brains were not used when considering how this event will play out. I have tried to stay optimistic in EA/CG's competence but now I have completely lost it. Who is sitting on the board of directors? A monkey? Who in their right mind would approve such id10cy?

Now once again... 1 toon & 1 toon alone is key. Barris. Without barris, you might as well wait for the next "Yoda event", oh but wait... They'll find a new way for you to spend even more amounts on micro transactions & the cycle continues. My faith in this company has all but gone! You make us **** up our original plans, so that we HAVE TO farm Jedi for this event, when we get 5 7* Jedi...:

1) ~ 2 mil to level to 7*x 5 = 10 mil
    2) ~ 500k to gear 5 = 2,5 mil
    3) ~ 3,5 mil to lvl to 75 x 5 = 17,5 mil

A grand total of ~ 30 Million credits

... we get shafted because "they want to make it more difficult". Have we not spent enough time (months for some) & credits (in an already dried up economy) to get this character for free? Oh & lets not even mention that we have to even pay to upgrade this little green female body part to 7* which is another ~2mil credits (yes you give us credits but that's like giving a singular pea to an orphan for supper).

So utterly disappointed in this **** right now I think I'm going to give this game a rest...
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options

I got that you have beaten the challenge. Bravo. Have yourself a cookie. But it helps nobody giving advise to people that doesn't work. Or putting up an old video that is totally irrelevant to the current situation.

look through the thread. others, as well as myself, have given advice on how to approach the event. the video was only there to highlight the setups,combinations used against yoda, something applicable even till this day. Doesn't work? did you see the screenshots on full hp completions on pages 2 and 3?
  • DiscoSlice
    275 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I was winning until then. What am I doing wrong? I'm going for 6*.

I have Lumi as Lead (70, well geared), QGJ (70, well geared), JC (70, well geared) , EK at 51 (purple) and Mace at 53 (purple) -- do I need to level up EK and Mace? Any tips on what to do? thanks. these are my only 6 *'s.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Replace EK and Mace with Barriss and Ahsoka.
  • Options
    i dont have barriss yet and my ashoka is only 2* - i leveled and grinded EK and Mace just to get 6* Yoda
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Does Eeth or Mace gain more potency with their next gear level? I do think they need to be closer to 70 to finish tier 6.

That team l70 gear 8 could beat him quite easily. Just need 1 stun from Eeth at the right time and a couple of QG debuffs.

Not sure with their current levels
  • Options
    i have eeth and mace at gear 7 minimum, i thought that would be enough. i dont wanna invest in Mace or Koth much cause I know they are bad - Mace seems pretty good with his expose though. so should I have Lumi lead? i can level koth and mace up to like 60 or something, not sure i wanna waste all my gold on them but i want 6* Yoda
  • Options

Not everyone used Eeth. I didn't. My team was Barris (L), QGJ, JC, Luminara and Ahsoka. Tried for 3 hours, took a break, tried several more times and got him. Killed Anakin, red-lined Barris, beat on Yoda. When she 'healed' I red-lined her again then back to Yoda. When they were about the same health I finished her then him.
  • Options
    DragonWzd wrote: »
    I am running Lumi g10 level 78, qgj g8 level 78, JC g9 level 78, mace g8 level 71, and EK g8 level 71. All maxed purple abilities except omega on qgj basic and I am not close to winning. I won't tell you what I think EA is full of. This is the closest I've ever been to just putting this game down for good. They've made a lot of bone head moves since November when I started playing, BUT this has made me just want to quit and call it day. Oh and for those who say you've probably only tried a couple times, I've been at it non stop for between 6 and 8 hours.

Someone was able to beat Yoda with your exact comp without Barriss on their team. They waited for a JC/Anakin combo and then just went right for Yoda's face. Try it out, you might get lucky.
  • Options
    He does that at times, more on 7*. I had him doing that like crazy. I ran Lumi lead, Barriss, Tano, JC, QGJ all at the time I did it max level, ability, gear. Many tries it took. A few times he literally killed 3 in a turn. Grand Master earned his name. Barriss trick did no good for me. I won slugging it out wit him, Mace, and Ima. Him not having a healer worked. Also I used all heals EXCEPT Lumi. He steals it. I took him first. Then slugged the minions. Barriss and JC were last standing. JC self heal was clutch as was Barriss heal.
This discussion has been closed.