YODA Event Changes! : Comments Megathread.

Replies

• Options
    Xhowrude wrote: »
    I love how the forum is deleting all threads against the nerf.

Who was it that said it was democracy again???

The devs don't like players that speak against them. It's easier to delete then defend their game

OR.. MAYBE WE ARE MERGING THEM?

Why does everyone feel they should be a special flower whose voice is special? We delete *very little*, we *do* merge duplicate commentary.

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Didn't you know? These forums are the definition of oligarchy.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Lol absolutely pathetic giving in to a bunch of whiny little gamer brats who feel entitled to everything. Nice job EA. You basically gave all of us participation trophies.
  • LaFlamaBlanca76
    79 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Amazing fought him like 300 times today and yesterday and finally beat him after they nerfed him...not gunna lie it was gratifying beating that little green furball...nice job devs
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Xhowrude
    228 posts Member
    Options

The devs don't like players that speak against them. It's easier to delete then defend their game

Why does everyone feel they should be a special flower whose voice is special? We delete *very little*, we *do* merge duplicate commentary.

Yoda is still in all caps
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Amazing fought him like 300 times today and yesterday and finally beat him after they nerfed him...not gunna lie it was gratifying beating that little green furball...nice job devs

Blahahaha.....he said it was gratifying

Dude they let you win. Congrats.
  • Xhowrude
    228 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

It is not nice job, they gave into the whiners. You should be saying nice job to them
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Yes, the majority of missing threads and posts are just moved or merged. But there are a few of that know about deleted threads\posts. ;)
  • Options
    It's hard to get right. It was nearly impossible before, now I finish first attempt with all my heroes intact. Yoda seemed almost right, but the adds were Farrrrr to weak. Just feedback in case they are interested.

I definitely agree. Anakin and Ahsoka got a total of 3 attacks before I dropped them. Nt threat there. But Yoda did keep a bit of pressure on. If the extras did a bit more, it would have been a bit of a challenge.
  • Lkw
    125 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm sure any two of those nerfs would have sufficed, now everyone is completing it first try...
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Farm 5 jedi to 7* for months just to attack Yoda and fail because you didn't farm the right jedi. It's nearly impossible without qgj, barris, or both on the same team. I think it's fair to make Yoda attainable with any 5 jedi. It shouldn't be easy, but you shouldn't have to farm additional characters just to get him either.

All you had to do was look at past events and past guides to know which Jedi are optimal for the event. It's not like any of the Jedi were locked behind a paywall, ALL of them could be easily attained by f2p players. If you farm the "wrong" Jedi for Yoda then don't be surprised that it's infinitely harder than it could be.

@tRRRey Do you remember when Ben was behind pay wall? Back when I started farming jedi? I believe Barris was at the time as well. Qgj had just been released the week before Yoda went live. So I farmed jc lumi ahsoka qgj and eeth because they were available. When Barris and Ben became available I should have dumped a 5* eeth and started ben?

No, because Old Ben isn't a good option against Yoda, and Barriss isn't a necessity like many people seem to think. That team that you described should do fine against Yoda as a lot of other people have finished Tier 7 with that same lineup. Therefore there currently aren't any Jedi that you need to spend money in order to finish this event.

Dude. I played for hours yesterday. Yoda was taking all protection and 25% to 50% from a character on the first attack. You blow a heal on the first round. After you get Yoda to yellow he gets forsight every attack. Once this happened he took 4 turns in a row and killed my remaining 4 characters. I tried it every way. It just wasn't going to happen.

Yeah it's no secret that he hits hard, you should've known from past events that he does monster damage at tier 7. I was fortunate enough to have 4 healers on my team and could cycle through them (I didn't use Lumi's heal until the very end) and there's nothing you can do about him getting foresight. Him taking 4 turns in a row is either bad RNG or you tried to debuff him which is obviously not wise. I won't say it took me hours upon hours to get him because it didn't but saying that it wasn't going to happen is shortsighted.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Xhowrude
    228 posts Member
    Options

Yes, the majority of missing threads and posts are just moved or merged. But there are a few of that know about deleted threads\posts. ;)

The devs delete or merge everything. They just do what they want without consequences
  • Sheba
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Ok.....I'm a bit miffed now. I spent a ton of credits, crystals, time, and actual money yesterday struggling to get my teams strong enough to beat him and still couldn't. Now after the change I beat him with almost no effort! ...yes, I know it was my own personal choice to spend what I did, but I still feel kinda jipped.
  • masters
    233 posts Member
    Options
    I am annoyed. I got home just in time to go up in reward tiers in the arena. First thing i get is a client restart. I won my battle but not in time. Missed by the amount of the restart. I can not even compete beyond level 2 in the event. You owe me crystals and arena tokens. BOO!
  • Options
    Congrats crybabies you got your nerf. Back to complaining about dooku and Rey.

Rey will be the next nerf for sure.
    Once there will be too many in arena
  • Xhowrude
    228 posts Member
    Options

Dooku will be nerfed before Rey, dooku has a whole mega thread revolved around him
  • Options

The devs delete or merge everything. They just do what they want without consequences

The MODS move or merge everything. There are a few mods that are great at what they do, and more than a few that just seem to do whatever fits their agenda Whether that be a personal vendetta against a member, or protecting a pet character. I'm just saying very few post ever get deleted, and those that do are deleted due to vulgarity or insults.
  • Options
    Thank you for adjusting Yoda Levels 6 & 7 down after the Protection changes. Could Level 5 Yoda challenge get a little love too please?
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'll be honest, I don't like this change if it was because of difficulty and not intent. I beat the new Yoda challenge after about 50 attempts and no it was not easy but it was a challenge. And if that's the point than why change it unless CG's intent wasn't lv90 than I'm OK with it being reduced but if it got changed because to many people said it's impossible than that's bad business imo because that opens alot of things up for change when it's "to hard"

Just my two cents...

Edit: I beat the new Yoda (prenerf)with Lv.71 Mace Windu lead. I did not have Barris.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    Farm 5 jedi to 7* for months just to attack Yoda and fail because you didn't farm the right jedi. It's nearly impossible without qgj, barris, or both on the same team. I think it's fair to make Yoda attainable with any 5 jedi. It shouldn't be easy, but you shouldn't have to farm additional characters just to get him either.

All you had to do was look at past events and past guides to know which Jedi are optimal for the event. It's not like any of the Jedi were locked behind a paywall, ALL of them could be easily attained by f2p players. If you farm the "wrong" Jedi for Yoda then don't be surprised that it's infinitely harder than it could be.

@tRRRey Do you remember when Ben was behind pay wall? Back when I started farming jedi? I believe Barris was at the time as well. Qgj had just been released the week before Yoda went live. So I farmed jc lumi ahsoka qgj and eeth because they were available. When Barris and Ben became available I should have dumped a 5* eeth and started ben?

No, because Old Ben isn't a good option against Yoda, and Barriss isn't a necessity like many people seem to think. That team that you described should do fine against Yoda as a lot of other people have finished Tier 7 with that same lineup. Therefore there currently aren't any Jedi that you need to spend money in order to finish this event.

Dude. I played for hours yesterday. Yoda was taking all protection and 25% to 50% from a character on the first attack. You blow a heal on the first round. After you get Yoda to yellow he gets forsight every attack. Once this happened he took 4 turns in a row and killed my remaining 4 characters. I tried it every way. It just wasn't going to happen.

So you train and gear up your guys, spend times with different comps, etc. You don't throw up your hands and beg for a nerf. It's pathetic.
  • Xhowrude
    228 posts Member
    Options

The MODS move or merge everything. There are a few mods that are great at what they do, and more than a few that just seem to do whatever fits their agenda Whether that be a personal vendetta against a member, or protecting a pet character. I'm just saying very few post ever get deleted, and those that do are deleted due to vulgarity or insults.

My post got deleted yesterday for having all caps in the title. That's very vulgar and insulting
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Judging from the first 5 comments of this thread.. the devs just cant make everyone happy lol.

Im just glad to see you are listening to your player base. Thanks Jessie/John/ Bent.
  • Options

Dooku will be nerfed before Rey, dooku has a whole mega thread revolved around him

Now I think both do not need to be nerfed.....Yoda did - and I admit they over nerfed him

But applaud that they did

Good work Devs
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

If dooku didn't get nerfed in the first 5 months I have a feeling he won't get it any time soon.
  • Xhowrude
    228 posts Member
    Options

If dooku didn't get nerfed in the first 5 months I have a feeling he won't get it any time soon.

For sure
  • Options
    This is why we can't have nice things :D
  • Options
    AdamW wrote: »
    Judging from the first 5 comments of this thread.. the devs just cant make everyone happy lol.

Im just glad to see you are listening to your player base. Thanks Jessie/John/ Bent.

IF they are indeed listening to their player base, I wouldn't complain at all. If they wanted to see what people wanted, do a vote. If the majority wanted a Yoda nerf, so be it. The problem is they do things without consulting any of their player base.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    LOL at you if you think beating steroid yoda means you are better than the people with the same toons that can't.

This event was purely based on RNG not skills and if you think otherwise then I don't know what to tell you.

If someone has put in the work to get 5 jedis to 7 star then they should have a more than reasonable chance at attaining Yoda. Not have to be like, "hey I tried 700 times until RNG went my way"

The skill level required for this challenge is basic, not zero, but basic, the luck required is huge. So you want something extra to prove you got lucky? Cool story bro.

Thanks @EA_Jesse for listening to the masses.

agreed

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thanks for listening to the player base (at least on this occasion). Not the glory hunters. This would have all been avoided if it were like this in the first place.

Maybe the superior human beings here will realize that for f2p spending 8m on Eeth Koth and Mace Windu +1 furnace on Luminara to no avail and to get reassurance that it can be done, only to realize you've been farming the wrong guys all along, DOES NOT EQUAL FREE!