Category oversights: QGJ not human, Old Ben not rebel

Prev1
Brazilian_Joe
367 posts Member
edited May 2016
So there are those oversights which seemingly would be simple to fix.

Some species get species-specific bonuses, but not others.

Application of the 'Human' label is very inconsistent.

Dathomirian - all nightsisters, plus Savage Opress and Dath Maul - are prominent in the game and in the Clone Wars saga, but are not labeled as such or get bonuses as a species. But Ewoks and Geonosian do.

There are also some faction affiliations which could receive a second look.

QGJ is not human. He is only labeled as Support and Jedi. Should be human though, unless there is a not-human race in SW which really really looks just like us, color skin and ear shape even. Compare to Mace Windu/Old Ben: Human, Jedi, Tank. Speaking of...

Old Ben
- why is he not a rebel? really should be. Compare to: Darth Vader - Human, Sith, Empire, Attacker. With the amount of prosthetic limbs he could be labeled human and droid, but I won't go there. If Vader is human, the bar set to what constitutes a ' human' is very low and a bunch should be in there.

Darth Sidious - Should be human. Compare to Darth Vader, like above.

Jedi Consular - not human as well.

Biggs - OMG, so many aliens with human looks. Should be Human.

Boba Fett - Not human? Pfffttt

Royal Guard - OK, we never saw their faces, but all empire and First order faces have always been human. seems like they are a wee bit xenophobic/**** sapiens chauvinistic at least. I go with humand as well.

Ackbar - Not labeled as Calamari.

Chewbacca - not labeled as a wookiee.

Stormtrooper Han - Why not Scoundrel AND Rebel? compare to Lando Calrissian: Human, Attacker, Scoundrel, Rebel.

Leia - Not human as well.

Mob Enforcer - looks pretty human to me.

Stormtrooper - not labeled Human - compare to: First Order Stormtrooper: Human, First Order, Tank.

General Veers - Should be human as well. Do I even need to compare it to e.g. Tarkin?

Hoth Rebel Soldier - Should be human.

Lobot - His cyborg implants and network communication/symbiosis with electronic systems warrant labeling him as a droid.

Hoth Rebel Scout - Should be human.

Gamorrean Guard - Not labeled as Gamorrean, nor as a scoundrel.

Wedge Antilles - not labeled as Human.

Han Solo - not labeled as Human (but is a scoundrel AND a rebel).

Replies

• Options
    QGJ isn't human - he is God.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    there are no human synergies
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    There are zero abilities that refer to humans.
    We could probably just remove the tag.
  • Options

I give you that. TM removal, enemy debuff, team buff, healing, assist. It's all there!. Only skill he lacks is counter.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    There are zero abilities that refer to humans.
    We could probably just remove the tag.

Because our only ability is to complain. Not very advantageous in gameplay. I agree. Remove the tag.
  • Options

No No. He is Irish.
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben should not be labeled rebel.
    And Boba is a clone, isn't he?

Agreed on the "human" tag. Either get us some synergies or remove it.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

At least is should be consistent. If they are not going to do any Human synergies, or skill which target humans for extra effect, then remove the human label from every char.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Boba being a clone offers up some interesting synergy.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Boba being a clone offers up some interesting synergy.

I was actually thinking of this the other day. Clone out not, he has a direct connection with them.
  • Options

No No. He is Irish.

:lol: Too right!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

At least is should be consistent. If they are not going to do any Human synergies, or skill which target humans for extra effect, then remove the human label from every char.

It appears humans need some affirmative action in this galaxy!
  • Options
    On Boba Fett being a clone: So is Lobot, but the game does not have a "Clone" tag.

It Has a "Clone Trooper" tag, which is very different, and a specific faction/team. The Clone Troopers are correctly tagged.

• Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    how exactly is old ben a rebel?
  • Options

Well he kind of decided to leave Tatooine with Luke in order to help the Rebellion.....
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Ben delivers the Death Star plans, and the leader of the Rebellion, to the Rebels, and people ask why he should be a Rebel?
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options
    ST Han not a rebel. Han isn't a rebel until he gives Luke the Death Star assist.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options

Well he kind of decided to leave Tatooine with Luke in order to help the Rebellion.....

He left Tatooine to help Leia. One of the children he swore he would protect. He never actually meets a rebel and I am 100% sure that they didn't even bother sending him his membership card.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Why is Old Ben is rebel? He was jedi in exile, he never joined rebels, he just help Luke/Leia on one single mission he (30 year old SPOILER) never survived...

I also do not see my there should be 'human' synergy...
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    I also do not see my there should be 'human' synergy...

Speciesist! ;)
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Options
    Are there any rebel jedi in the canon besides Luke? Kanan Jarrus? Tano, though when she's a jedi shes not a rebel, and when shes a rebel shes not a jedi.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think Ben's actions necessarily make him a rebel. Yoda trained Luke to fight the empire. No one's asking for him to be a rebel. I think Ben acted as a jedi. He also may have acted out of devotion to the Skywalkers.

If you ask the empire, I'm sure they'd say he's a rebel though.
  • Options
    Well humans synergize pretty well in real life, but it would probably be overpowered in this game if they introduced proper synergy mainly due to the fact that there are so many humans.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Well humans synergize pretty well in real life, but it would probably be overpowered in this game if they introduced proper synergy mainly due to the fact that there are so many humans.

They might create some anti synergy. People who get buffs against humans, as opposed to human synergy
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »

They might create some anti synergy. People who get buffs against humans, as opposed to human synergy

Huh, now that is an interesting idea. It would certainly be more useful than anti droid heroes.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Whys Darth Vader not a droid???
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    Darth Vader a droid? A force sensitive droid? You guys are really saying non sense.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    if anything vader is a cyborg, but far from a droid

they made lando a rebel cause that actually makes sense, I think they've done a good job putting characters in the right category and are paying attention to the story, like Kylo is not classified as sith cause hes not a sith etc

ben was never officially a rebel by any means, as others have said he acted and did what a jedi would in that situation
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options

I give you that. TM removal, enemy debuff, team buff, healing, assist. It's all there!. Only skill he lacks is counter.

He also lacks the skill to stand upright after being hit twice.