delete

Replies

• Options
    Not very many, but it's just a boring game mode to play. The difficulty can fluctuate, but it's not really an issue of being able to clear it. Just that the rewards don't really justify the piecemeal progression, even with such strong characters as Phasma and Luminara.

coming from a person who couldn't even finish at least once GW in a week....hahahahaha....
  • Options
    Funny, since you apparently lost most all of your auxiliary teams, and over half your main one. :) Struggling to clear it, are you? Glad you care so much about my progression, though. I'll let you know if I ever care enough to beat it.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options
    Lev 60 F2P global launch
    19 wins, 5or 6 lost or skipped while i was on holyday :D
  • Options
    Funny, since you apparently lost most all of your auxiliary teams, and over half your main one. :) Struggling to clear it, are you? Glad you care so much about my progression, though. I'll let you know if I ever care enough to beat it.

lol it was just for today and I was 100% sure would beat it around round 9...please let me know once you be able to compete it....struggling to finish but still I can still finish it...hohoho....24 in a row now...you can see many people complains about today's GW....:)
  • Options
    Congratulations! I'm sure your mum is very proud. Don't forget to put 24 wars cleared on your next résumé, either. I'll, meanwhile, continue not to clear mine by choice. Glad you're enjoying the game, though.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options
  • Options
    Use retreat a lot especially when you are debuffed or they are buffed. Also try it when you get taunted.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • shimmy
    200 posts Member
    Options
    I have won a grand total of zero and I doubt I ever will win one. I am in a tough old bracket/server so the chances are that when I eventually get all my useful characters good enough (right now I only really have my A squad at mid 50s and decently geared out) that the level cap will have been raised and the already too tough teams I always seem to come up against will be even more powerful since they surely pay to win/play while I don't. I have got to the second last battle twice.

It also doesn't help that the mode often throws in an opponent around the middle rounds that is either the same strength or more powerful than me and often if I get by that then the next team is weaker than me. Yesterday I think I saw a full level 57 and 58, all 4 stars or higher and blue gear team after 4 fights while I'm not at that level and then after that the next team was level 50-51. End teams are always more powerful than me hence why I haven't completed it.

Makes no sense since I swear that when I first did a GW it said an increasing difficulty level as you win battles but hey, it's EA. Just throw in teams better than you after 4 or 5 rounds.

It's the same for PVP where I'll never break the high 200s-mid 300s area since everyone around me is as good or better (almost everyone around me seems to be level 58 or higher now) and when I think I have made progress, so have the others.
  • Options
    Up until 2 days ago, I had completed it 0 times! Then I learned from the extremely helpful thread under 'Guides" that you can retreat and that it's best to have Barriss has the leader, since then I have won twice in a row. Am I just very stupid or is there no mention at all of the retreat option unless you discover it yourself?
  • Enigmaticien
    384 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    We don't Know the mystery Around the retreat ..
    But it seems that without this many wins Should be loose.
    It's really helpfull.
    Maybe some players Should have never win without it.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Camalus wrote: »
    Varlie wrote: »
    Nosnibor wrote: »
    lvl 59, played since global release, only beat the first time...mostly f2p. I think the retreat crap is an exploit and this needs to be fixed so people can beat it without retreating when any enemy pops a special.

It really depends on how you use the retreat. If you use it to get rid of Taunts, Buffs, and Debuffs then yes I think that is an exploit that the developers didn't think about. If you get into a fight and your heaviest hitter gets taken down to Red and you know your healer doesn't have a heal ready, retreat to replace the damaged guy before he is dropped. Then retreat again to bring him back in when he can be healed with less risk of dying.

That is how, I believe, the Retreat function is supposed to be used and is not an exploit.

Oh I see more clearly now whats going on what a bunch of bull, I ve never used a retreat yet you buncha sissies, its an exploit and you know it

You are welcome to your opinion but EA put the feature in there for people to have some strategic retreat options. If it was a real battlefield and was an attack that had to be won, the General (player) would retreat and resupply their attack group as necessary.

The only exploit is the way buffs/debuffs reset when you retreat and that could be addressed in an upcoming patch. They just need to store the current effects on the team when the person retreats.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    We don't Know the mystery Around the retreat ..
    But it seems that without this many wins Should be loose.
    It's really helpfull.
    Maybe some players Should have never win without it.

That's quite true. For the past week I have been using a team with Barris (L), Dooku, Ren/Sid (I alternate based on opponent's team), Phasma, and Lumi.

I can generally get through the first 8 attacks without ever using the retreat option.
  • Options
    I hope for everyone they keep the retreat option
  • Options
    You do know that your GW opponents are based off your maxed char's level and not your account lvl. So that being said stop lvl'ing up your main chars till you can get the rest of your roster built up. My max char is 54 and never see a 60 and as well as completing GW everyday without having to retreat a single time. Yes this strategy does not allow me to obtain lvl 60 and max my chars out but it does allow me to complete GW everyday and strengthen up my entire roster along with getting my shipment shards everyday.

So once you have most of your roster at lvl 54 (just using this number as a example) and abilities sitting where you want them progress your roster by a lvl this way it won't over whelm you to using to do the retreat exploit.

It is a exploit by the very definition of what people use it for. They use the retreat option to bypass opposing teams abilities. Yes it is a game mechanic but I can not see how the development team added that feature for the way it is being used.
  • Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • Options
    You do know that your GW opponents are based off your maxed char's level and not your account lvl. So that being said stop lvl'ing up your main chars till you can get the rest of your roster built up. My max char is 54 and never see a 60 and as well as completing GW everyday without having to retreat a single time. Yes this strategy does not allow me to obtain lvl 60 and max my chars out but it does allow me to complete GW everyday and strengthen up my entire roster along with getting my shipment shards everyday.

So once you have most of your roster at lvl 54 (just using this number as a example) and abilities sitting where you want them progress your roster by a lvl this way it won't over whelm you to using to do the retreat exploit.

It is a exploit by the very definition of what people use it for. They use the retreat option to bypass opposing teams abilities. Yes it is a game mechanic but I can not see how the development team added that feature for the way it is being used.

Plenty of people level 54 are encountering level 60 opponents as well. So there goes your theory. Besides if you stay at low levels you will do horrible in arena. And you need the arena shipments too
  • Options
  • Options
    Nosnibor wrote: »
    lvl 59, played since global release, only beat the first time...mostly f2p. I think the retreat crap is an exploit and this needs to be fixed so people can beat it without retreating when any enemy pops a special.

It really depends on how you use the retreat. If you use it to get rid of Taunts, Buffs, and Debuffs then yes I think that is an exploit that the developers didn't think about. If you get into a fight and your heaviest hitter gets taken down to Red and you know your healer doesn't have a heal ready, retreat to replace the damaged guy before he is dropped. Then retreat again to bring him back in when he can be healed with less risk of dying.

That is how, I believe, the Retreat function is supposed to be used and is not an exploit.

Oh I see more clearly now whats going on what a bunch of bull, I ve never used a retreat yet you buncha sissies, its an exploit and you know it

You are welcome to your opinion but EA put the feature in there for people to have some strategic retreat options. If it was a real battlefield and was an attack that had to be won, the General (player) would retreat and resupply their attack group as necessary.

The only exploit is the way buffs/debuffs reset when you retreat and that could be addressed in an upcoming patch. They just need to store the current effects on the team when the person retreats.

Well I agree it could be fine tuned a little to make it less cheap.
  • Options
    We Will see later if this option Will be kept
  • Options
    The retreat option is similar or same with any similar games like this...its not like EA / CG implement it as the founder....you guys really have little knowledge especially camalus...
  • Options
    only once
  • Options
    The retreat option is similar or same with any similar games like this...its not like EA / CG implement it as the founder....you guys really have little knowledge especially camalus...
    :) They dont have a retreat option in Walking dead and its like the exact same game without GW, maybe cause the game panders to less children than this game, children always will levitate towards easy street. I hate people who levitate towards ez street just so you know. Go ahead retreat till your heart is content wont make you any smarter of a player or have done much for your life as a problem solver.

• Options
    Healers are the Keys
  • Options
    @Camalus it's ok if you don't like to retreat. But if there is a retreat option, somebody took the time to program it, test it, validate it's value, and ship it. The developers know how the game works. When I retreat, the game also forgets by buffs, my nerfs of enemy and also heal over time. Again, enjoy not retreating if it feels good.
  • Options
    12. At level 60 is easy for me, but with the raise cap to70 itll turn hard again, an by the way, why the furk always ahoka tano shards as reward? Is anoying man, i dont want this character shards ea!!
  • Options
    More hard for level 70 ,not sure cause your teams Will be strong et too.
  • Options
    :) They dont have a retreat option in Walking dead and its like the exact same game without GW, maybe cause the game panders to less children than this game, children always will levitate towards easy street. I hate people who levitate towards ez street just so you know. Go ahead retreat till your heart is content wont make you any smarter of a player or have done much for your life as a problem solver.

GO PLAY HEROES CHARGE...and SEE THE SIMILAR GAMEPLAY LIKE THIS....THAT GAME IS ONE OF THE BEST 2015 RPG MULTIPLAYER GAME WITH RETREAT FUNCTION....HAHAHA WALKING DEAD....FUNNY MAN.....

easy street? I know lots of people could not complete GW even with retreat options....smart ****...go spend more money....
  • Options
    Interestings to read
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    25 so far. Once you reach 60, it becomes a whole other level of pain. You might get lucky, but you will most likely be facing good synergy level 60 teams 5-7 stars t7+ gear around your 8th match.

I can't stress the importance of bringing ur healing skills back from cooldown every chance you get.
    1). Wait until the remaining enemy is something like chewie, or another tank that doesn't dish out too much damage
    2). Retreat
    3). Your healers that still have cooldown on their heals.. pair them up with weak characters that will do no damage (Most of the time I will only rock 3 characters.. won't even go full squad).
    4). Go in and use all basic attacks.. let those heals come back to the light so you are ready to use them when needed in your next battle.

Yes.. this takes a bit more time... boo hoo... but it has saved my **** every GW I have ever completed once I hit level 52+
  • Options
    I've lost the last 2 rounds of GW at the second last to last node. Couldn't figure out how to deal with Daka resurrecting allies and having them dodge at the critical moment needed to bring them down. At which point Lumi does a massive heal. Either way, I had to wait for the restart button to reset as I know I can't progress any further than that. But I do put it up there in getting bad luck in the lottery pick.