3236 posts Member
    Options
    I'm working on Ashoka now. She'll hit gear IX when she goes to 7*
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

@pac0naut
    Cool. Keep me up to date. I'd love to see a max'd Ahsoka's damage potential.
    pac0naut wrote: »

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    @Toukai will do
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Kit fisto is awful

There are some great and good Jedi. A lot of them actually. In the Great category I put Yoda, Aayla, QGJ, Lumi. In the Good category I put Ashoka, IGD, Barriss, Old Ben (the last two can be great for some aspects of the game). One Jedi you won't see in the "Great" or "Good" category is Kit Fisto. The reason for this is because as Boba so eloquently put it, Kit Fisto is awful...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Isn't he one of the few characters that gives the potency buff? That sounds like a super useful buff, admittedly I have only ever seen Kit Fisto once in arena...
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Kit fisto is awful

There are some great and good Jedi. A lot of them actually. In the Great category I put Yoda, Aayla, QGJ, Lumi. In the Good category I put Ashoka, IGD, Barriss, Old Ben (the last two can be great for some aspects of the game). One Jedi you won't see in the "Great" or "Good" category is Kit Fisto. The reason for this is because as Boba so eloquently put it, Kit Fisto is awful...

@RAYRAY
    But... Ima lead! Fisto! Aayla! Counter team! Even then is he terrible? Even then..... *sobs uncontrollably*
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    Isn't he one of the few characters that gives the potency buff? That sounds like a super useful buff, admittedly I have only ever seen Kit Fisto once in arena...

Sure, it is tied to his special AOE and it has a 55% chance to apply to buff to his teammates. It isn't guarenteed, its tied to one of the lowest damage skills in the game and it isn't as great at is sounds. That said, if Kit had a 65-80% chance to double attack and counter attack and did something like apply speed down on his basic, then he would be very useful. Either that OR a 50% increase in damage across the board.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    Kit fisto is awful

@RAYRAY
    But... Ima lead! Fisto! Aayla! Counter team! Even then is he terrible? Even then..... *sobs uncontrollably*

I think with Ima lead he goes from "Terrible" to "meh". So it's not all doom and gloom :smile:
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options

Sure, it is tied to his special AOE and it has a 55% chance to apply to buff to his teammates. It isn't guarenteed, its tied to one of the lowest damage skills in the game and it isn't as great at is sounds. That said, if Kit had a 65-80% chance to double attack and counter attack and did something like apply speed down on his basic, then he would be very useful. Either that OR a 50% increase in damage across the board.

Oh I forgot it isn't a 100% chance for potency, with a 4 turn cooldown that really doesn't seem viable... The one thing I don't get are his stats, his role says attacker but with 3k max damage and 23k max health that doesn't sound like an attacker at all, Plo Koon is a tank but has 6k less max health and 1k more max damage than him, maybe they should switch their stats
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options

Kit fisto is awful

@RAYRAY

I am free to play, but have been decent in arena (top 10 or 20) for about 3 months. A whale on my server pulled his meta team for a while to try an Anakin lead team with IGD, Aayla, Kit, and Yoda. He was all 7*/level 80/gear 10-11. Every toon completely maxed. My meta team had 3 at gear 8, 2 at gear 9, all levels in the mid 70s, and I still had a 6* toon. I had no Dooku. I could beat that team on auto just tapping my target.

He changed to IGD lead, Aayla, Kit, Anakin, Yoda. I had to actually play it manually, but I never lost to them. I actually looked forward to finding them in Arena. It was the easiest fight I've ever had in the top ten. He finally went back to using meta toons after his daily plummet. So... IGD helps...a bit...but it's still pretty sad against a meta team. Kit and Anakin are especially toothless. Their attacks kind of tickle. Glad to see Anakin is finally getting a buff.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

Oh I forgot it isn't a 100% chance for potency, with a 4 turn cooldown that really doesn't seem viable... The one thing I don't get are his stats, his role says attacker but with 3k max damage and 23k max health that doesn't sound like an attacker at all, Plo Koon is a tank but has 6k less max health and 1k more max damage than him, maybe they should switch their stats

He is a very beefy attacker, kind of like Savage, except Savage is 100x better because his unique that feeds him buffs and turn meter when he gets attacked. Another high HP toon is Aayla. She has 39K effective health when maxed and has a great kit, very balanced.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    I hope this extends to all jedis. I've tried for a while batlle with an all jedi team at arena, but without buff is too hard.
    I runned: ima-gun di lead, aayla, qgj, yoda and lumi.
  • Options
    Jedi are healers and kit is no good at all. I have 7 star g8 lvl 70 and he's total bench warner
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    Options
    I really wanna see Mace be a top damage dealer for Jedi, and be a sort of a reverse Darth maul with sith bonuses instead of Jedi.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Jedis are complete garbage and have so many counters. There are very few good ones and only two top tier ones.
    Ben and qui gon are the top tier ones
    Lumi, ahsoka, yoda, ima gun di are the halfway decent ones. You can't make a decent Jedi team at all. They really need a tank, they really need a good damage dealer, and they need a turn meter support character like Phasma. Mace needs a buff, eeth koth, JKG, kit fisto(actually not too terrible with I'ma gun di..) But anyways, Aayla has got to be the next FTP toon. She is probably the third best Jedi, but no one has her.

Psh
    Link your roster
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    are you birdman
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    @pac0naut

Hello! I have a g10 Ahsoka, with an omega on her basic. Attacks range from 5-7k on basic (crit), with some rare 10ks if QGJ calls her, or has offense up. Her special hits decently hard, tho I have seen some insane numbers when the opponent is under 50%. Ultimately, she is not arena viable on a mature server, she's a bit too slow without QGJ, and she always burns her special first turn. If her special did the damage that it did when the enemy is under 50%, she'd be a top tier toon. The weird critical thing and the pure power of attackers in the current meta leave her in the dust
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Mazurka wrote: »
    @pac0naut

Hello! I have a g10 Ahsoka, with an omega on her basic. Attacks range from 5-7k on basic (crit), with some rare 10ks if QGJ calls her, or has offense up. Her special hits decently hard, tho I have seen some insane numbers when the opponent is under 50%. Ultimately, she is not arena viable on a mature server, she's a bit too slow without QGJ, and she always burns her special first turn. If her special did the damage that it did when the enemy is under 50%, she'd be a top tier toon. The weird critical thing and the pure power of attackers in the current meta leave her in the dust

@Mazurka
    Wow! Thanks a bunch. That is also what I was afraid of. Her basic attacks are less than GS/Rey/IG88/IG86 at the same level. I don't like to compare her to those, but unfortunately if you are swapping DPS you have to look at those other toons because they are better.

I forgot she only does better damage with enemies below 50%, that probably explains why she is completely ignorable.

Even if she is slow, she is even worse with a QGJ lead because now she cant avoid damage like with a dodge meta. Sure, she speeds up, but that means nothing when she is still frail on HP like 90% of all the other jedi.

I still want her, but I moved her to the back of my cantina tokens queue :(
  • Options
    Jedi are well rounded with tons of utility and can fit on many teams, but alas a full Jedi team is indeed weak (if we are talking arena).

Biggest Problems Preventing them from being viable:
    1. No Tank - Single biggest issue. (and no Mace & Ben are not tanks)
    2. PvAI - Lumi, Barris, and even JC could be viable in actual PvP
    3. Dooku - Ludicrous that one toon can more or less single handedly wreck an entire class.
  • Options
    Jedis are complete garbage and have so many counters. There are very few good ones and only two top tier ones.
    Ben and qui gon are the top tier ones
    Lumi, ahsoka, yoda, ima gun di are the halfway decent ones. You can't make a decent Jedi team at all. They really need a tank, they really need a good damage dealer, and they need a turn meter support character like Phasma. Mace needs a buff, eeth koth, JKG, kit fisto(actually not too terrible with I'ma gun di..) But anyways, Aayla has got to be the next FTP toon. She is probably the third best Jedi, but no one has her.

I have her! Totally maxed and she's awesome sauce!
    She does a lot of damage with her Survivor 9K+ and it also self heals her, 65% counter, she can stun, calls assist and has a lot of health and protection.

tZ5Axa8.png
    xibFX5j.png
    wcwbkiy.png
    gxIE4Zf.png
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Aayla and Kit aren't the gods you think they are just because they were the ones you didn't have.

They might not do good as defense on Arena but dude, I've been 80 for a month at least, still running the same jedi time, can usually clear GW without any substitutions. One Jedi team, the whole way: Barriss, Lumi, QGJ, Ahsoka, Yoda. (Oh and of those, only QGJ is 80). Guess I'll level them a bit more.

Anyway, considering GW is basically the best way to progress through the game (farm/grind droids, credits, ability mats, and GW tokens), Jedi are my biggest benefit.

IMHO, buffing Jedi would make it unbalanced. And we all know they MAINTAIN balance, so that would be crazy.

**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Aayla and Kit aren't the gods you think they are just because they were the ones you didn't have.

They might not do good as defense on Arena but dude, I've been 80 for a month at least, still running the same jedi time, can usually clear GW without any substitutions. One Jedi team, the whole way: Barriss, Lumi, QGJ, Ahsoka, Yoda. (Oh and of those, only QGJ is 80). Guess I'll level them a bit more.

Anyway, considering GW is basically the best way to progress through the game (farm/grind droids, credits, ability mats, and GW tokens), Jedi are my biggest benefit.

IMHO, buffing Jedi would make it unbalanced. And we all know they MAINTAIN balance, so that would be crazy.

I think full squads should benefit from special synergy, not just talking jedis, all types of full squad, rebels, siths, nightsisters, empire, first order... just seems logical. I know some of these do have some synergy bonus but it's still not much.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Have any specific ideas? Like, whose Jedi Leader ability would you buff and what way?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Have any specific ideas? Like, whose Jedi Leader ability would you buff and what way?

Ahsoka Tano's current leader ability is worse than Old Ben's in literally every possibly way, maybe it could be changed to have a chance to give evasion or even stealth to nightsister/Jedi allies whenever they are critically hit, or just a critical hit chance down on the enemy (an ability unique to General Grievous no one seems to use, but seems really cool) to synergize with her unique ability

Plo Koon could also have his leader ability buffed to also dispel evasion up buffs, but lower the chance of it occurring, he already has a slight clone synergy and dispels on his basic, if was buffed as an anti-evasion leader he might get a chance at popularity, and as one of the unsung main characters of the clone wars series he sort of deserves at least a chance

Honestly when I look over these they seem kind of broken, evasion down and critical chance down is specifically for ultra exclusive characters only at the moment and has no chance of happening outside of that, but I can still dream cant I?
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'd encourage you to bump the threads I linked. Because your ideas are good and they need to be heard.

Check out this one for Ahsoka
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/14724/ahsoka-leader-ability

Check out this one for Plo Koon
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/41571/plo-koon-buff

We can dream, there are lots of elements to this game that have been influenced by the forums (as you can see from the last announcements).

Just make sure you're bumping relevant threads instead of making new ones, it actually has more impact (even though it doesn't seem like it at first).
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    I'd encourage you to bump the threads I linked. Because your ideas are good and they need to be heard.

Check out this one for Ahsoka
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/14724/ahsoka-leader-ability

Check out this one for Plo Koon
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/41571/plo-koon-buff

We can dream, there are lots of elements to this game that have been influenced by the forums (as you can see from the last announcements).

Just make sure you're bumping relevant threads instead of making new ones, it actually has more impact (even though it doesn't seem like it at first).

oh, sorry I didn't know about those posts, but thanks for giving links to them ill see if I can contribute at all
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    You can!
  • Options

You are right in terms of progression, but you can't ignore the fact that Arena gives alot of Crystals if you are ranked high and alot of Arena tokens too, which has some very good toons to farm (Admiral Ackbar, Droids, Han Stormtrooper and now Princess Leia, which I already had maxed and use on my Arena squad). I'm always ranked between 11-20, which gets me 200 crystals and 675 Arena tokens.. Rank 1 get you 500 crystals and 900 tokens If I'm not mistaken.. so, yea.. It's not good to ignore Arena..

The thing is, I prefer Jedi over any other character, but since they are not too good in Arena, I can't use them there.. exception for QGJ, Luminara and Old Ben.

I think overall alot of characters need to be buffed to get a chance of being useful.. not only Jedi
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sorry, didn't mean you should ignore Arena, just saying all-Jedi teams are still boss, even if they don't wreck Arenas.

A lot of character might need buffing. But remember, if they make everyone special, no one is special. There have to be incentive heroes in the mix, or another way, if all heroes were perfectly balanced, there'd be no preference except what was aesthetically pleasing.....Ugnaught anybody? haha
  • Options
    RESPEK***

L for u mate