Time to check reddit

Prev13456717
Unhappy with the 'repercussions' for a using an exploit? Check reddit.
Just saying

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Any chance you could just paraphrase it for us?
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • Oh. I totally get it now. That made things so much clearer.

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Just checked reddit.... WOW.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Link?
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    I think it's time for us who spend money to get some torches and pitchforks out...
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    It never ends
  • Ah. The link helped. Thank you.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    You would think they would want to do what ever it takes to protect their product and keep their customers happy.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Maybe if EA/CG paid competent programmers things like this wouldn't happen. It's even worse than the precraft fiasco, and that definitely shouldn't have happened. It wasn't even a glitch yet it gave a handful of people an arena advantage for quite a while, some of whom are still benefiting from it.

This game has so much potential yet it's slowly being ruined by greed, incompetence, and bad decisions. I'd like to know what's being done with all the money people are pumping into this.
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    fudgra wrote: »
    Maybe if EA/CG paid competent programmers things like this wouldn't happen. It's even worse than the precraft fiasco, and that definitely shouldn't have happened. It wasn't even a glitch yet it gave a handful of people an arena advantage for quite a while, some of whom are still benefiting from it.

This game has so much potential yet it's slowly being ruined by greed, incompetence, and bad decisions. I'd like to know what's being done with all the money people are pumping into this.

Let's not forget the 7* Vaders and the guild hoppers that receive raid rewards multiple times a day. A lot of glitches and exploits and hardly nothing done. I don't like their handle on the pre crafters either.
  • QGJesus
    93 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    simply rollback their accounts to before the exploiting happened and say "deal with it".

I don't feel like spending cash knowing these guys got a free ride...
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Slots wrote: »
    fudgra wrote: »

Let's not forget the 7* Vaders and the guild hoppers that receive raid rewards multiple times a day. A lot of glitches and exploits and hardly nothing done. I don't like their handle on the pre crafters either.

Precrafting wouldn't have even been a thing if they didn't announce it a few hours before the update so people would buy a bunch of crystals for energy to farm. And their "solution", after months of complaints, was to put raid gear in the store to appear randomly so people drive themselves crazy refreshing.

It's the first time I've played a game of this type, but are others this badly managed and full of bugs that don't get fixed?
  • HanSkywalker
    156 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    You know what, after readying the reddit post, I'm now starting to get how big this issue is and how unfair it is. Before reading the reddit post, I really didn't care about or have any idea about this issue. I'm not a big whale, but I spent about $800, which I consider a large amount for a mobile app. Like few posters on reddit, I'm going to give CG a chance and see what kind of solution theny come with before I start to really worry.

Thank you for the information and bringing it to light, OP.
  • Remember the Twitter giveaway for Lando? People abused it so they cancelled it, but I didn't hear of any repercussions.
  • Wow, I was aware if it but had no clue as to the scope. I hope this is resolved soon. This game is looking pretty poorly managed and leads one to see how players are being screwed over and "management" doesn't care.
  • I'll definitely be seeking a refund Cuz it looks as if only gear and currency that wasn't used was removed. They keep what was equipped and spent already. As for Han Shards they set them back to 5*
  • Everyone,

I am speaking with the game team tonight, but likely won't have a full update until tomorrow when everyone is back in the office. It was my understanding that all rewards that were claimed multiple times during the window where there was an error would be removed.

Please be patient as I highly doubt it was intended for all of those rewards to stay with the players. I'll report back tomorrow once I have all the details.

Thanks.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Thank you jesse
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Everyone,

I am speaking with the game team tonight, but likely won't have a full update until tomorrow when everyone is back in the office. It was my understanding that all rewards that were claimed multiple times during the window where there was an error would be removed.

Please be patient as I highly doubt it was intended for all of those rewards to stay with the players. I'll report back tomorrow once I have all the details.

Thanks.

Thank you Jesse! This would be the ideal fix opposed to mass refunds or massive compensation rewards, so hopefully it all works out!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Everyone,

Thanks.

This is going to blow up in the morning. Asking for patience from people who have done nothing but be patient after a continuous series of mistakes, blunders, and missteps is asking for a lot....
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Everyone,

Thanks.

Finally some hope...this will absolutely ruin the game if it's not fixed. Thank you.
  • Thanks @EA_Jesse , as you can tell this is a huge deal for all of us that have avoided exploit after exploit.

And please let us know what's up with the guild bank coin. Our guild is still about 30k short.

Thanks for trying to help.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Telaan wrote: »
    Everyone,

Thanks.

This is going to blow up in the morning. Asking for patience from people who have done nothing but be patient after a continuous series of mistakes, blunders, and missteps is asking for a lot....

Once again, heck has frozen, because we agree.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Timitock wrote: »
    Everyone,

Thanks.

Once again, heck has frozen, because we agree.

I'm sure there's a lot more in life we'd agree on. But this is the Internet and all the drama that comes with it. Lol
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    Everyone,

Thanks.

I know a few people that got all their stuff that they got from the glitch wiped. So maybe some were missed?
  • Telaan wrote: »
    Timitock wrote: »
    Everyone,

Thanks.

Once again, **** has frozen, because we agree.

I'm sure there's a lot more in life we'd agree on. But this is the Internet and all the drama that comes with it. Lol

The orcs and the humans are working together to defend against a much greater threat!
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Hopefully they can get this fixed in time this time around before!
This discussion has been closed.