Time to check reddit

Replies

• Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Sharkybyte wrote: »
    I think this explains the new names I see in the top 100 with insanely geared non meta toons. I always wondered why there are random "apologies" in game. I logged in to forums again.... and saw this. Wow. I'm sad for the whales. Jesus.

Yeahhh... I'll be calling someone if this isn't fixed. It's ludicrous how many times we've been subjected to others getting unfair advantages with no real repercussions.

Vader, Pre Craft, Guild Exploits, and now, worst of all, people keeping and using thousands of dollars in credits and gear. They're afraid to ban anyone when in reality it's only hurting everyone who plays legitimately and especially everyone who's spent thousands on their game.

I love star wars, and the game used to be amazing, but there's been so many flaws and screw ups lately it's getting out of hand.
  • If this problem isn't solved, I think the game is really over. Because it let the ppl who spend real money on game look like a fool.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    If the gear isn't removed I'm out.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    If the gear isn't removed I'm out.
    +1
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    huanislu wrote: »
    If this problem isn't solved, I think the game is really over. Because it let the ppl who spend real money on game look like a fool.
    +1

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The way i see it is this...i got my arena team close to maxed out. Hopefully with a little (a lot) of luck, i will get my 2nd team up and ready to go. So from my point of view...why should i care about this? Why should i care about people getting banned for this? I do not...However the devs should care. They are the ones that are losing money. If a suspension without removing the gear that was claimed is everything they want to do, then that's fine by me. Don't want heads on a stick.

Can anyone tell me how/why this concerns you?
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »
    The way i see it is this...i got my arena team close to maxed out. Hopefully with a little (a lot) of luck, i will get my 2nd team up and ready to go. So from my point of view...why should i care about this? Why should i care about people getting banned for this? I do not...However the devs should care. They are the ones that are losing money. If a suspension without removing the gear that was claimed is everything they want to do, then that's fine by me. Don't want heads on a stick.

These people were able to level up and star (and gear up with the pieces they exploited) every character they own without repercussions because CG is unable to tell AT ALL. That alone is hundreds if not thousands in credits.
  • Alexone wrote: »

Alot of people have paid for their toons, and gear or worked hard for it. The people who did this glitch a lot of times didn't have to. They got off with thousands of dollars worth of gear. It only concerns me because I'm a hater, and I don't want other people to prosper lol. This could easily ruin our game though, the devs have to do something ASAP. #savethewhales
    #saveourgame
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Elyndria wrote: »

These people were able to level up and star (and gear up with the pieces they exploited) every character they own without repercussions because CG is unable to tell AT ALL. That alone is hundreds if not thousands in credits.

I understand. And why is this your problem? You aren't the one losing money.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Because it's unfair to people who spent time and money leveling their characters while others who cheated are allowed to do it for free?
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Because it's unfair to people who spent time and money leveling their characters while others who cheated are allowed to do it for free?

Maybe i am. Because it took me a lot more time as f2p to upgrade/level up those characters than it took you as p2p. And i don't care.
  • Sharkybyte
    46 posts Member
    edited July 2016

SAVE THE WHALES. I'm completely FTP... Top 100 in a December shard. WHY do I want to save the whales? because NO WHALES... NO GAME.

I only lost time. People actually lost thousands of dollars. That is cheating on the highest order. We put to prison people who rob cash registers and just slap on the wrist those who stole thousands.

This is not just a game. Starwars is life. The only people who has not seen starwars are the actors themselves, because they have lived the starwars. STARWARS IS LIFE!!!!!

Save the Whales. Save the Game.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member

Because it's unfair to people who spent time and money leveling their characters while others who cheated are allowed to do it for free? Are you dense?

Maybe i am. Because it took me a lot more time as f2p to upgrade/level up those characters than it took you as p2p. And i don't care.
    I'm not sure if you're aware, but swgoh is not a single player game and these advantages actually do matter.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited July 2016

SAVE THE WHALES. I'm completely FTP... Top 100 in a December shard. WHY do I want to save the whales? because NO WHALES... NO GAME.

I only lost time. People actually lost thousands of dollars. That is cheating on the highest order. We put to prison people who rob cash registers and just slap on the wrist those who stole thousands.

This is not just a game. Starwars is life. The only people who has not seen starwars are the actors themselves, because they have lived the starwars. STARWARS IS LIFE!!!!!

Hahaha i laughed quite a bit. Ok i guess if whales are upset about this, then something must be done.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    If this problem isn't solved, I think the game is really over. Because it let the ppl who spend real money on game look like a fool.
    +1

+1

Because it's unfair to people who spent time and money leveling their characters while others who cheated are allowed to do it for free? Are you dense?

I spent money on this game and people are getting the same thing for free. Stuff that would cost thousands of dollars at a rate never intended by the devs. That makes me want a refund AT LEAST. It also shows that the devs don't know what the heck theyre doing. Not a game I want to be playing. Also, yeah, there are people on my shard with hacked-up chars in the arena now.

And god, okay, you don't care. But ever heard about empathy, man?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    MrGrips wrote: »
    +1

+1

I spent money on this game and people are getting the same thing for free. That makes me want a refund AT LEAST. It also shows that the devs don't know what the heck theyre doing. Not a game I want to be playing. Also, yeah, there are people on my shard with hacked-up chars in the arena now.

I understand now. I didn't know p2p were upset.

EDIT: Well yea they need to fix it now, because the company will lose even more money if they don't because of the various refunds that will occur.

SAVE THE WHALES. I'm completely FTP... Top 100 in a December shard. WHY do I want to save the whales? because holy ****... NO WHALES... NO GAME.

Hahaha i laughed quite a bit. Ok i guess if whales are upset about this, then something must be done.
    Even the hater inside of me knows this is wrong lol. A guy can gear up every toon on his roster with this glitch, and think about the whales!! The guys who spend thousands and thousands of dollars. If this isn't fixed they're gonna be covered in salt. How much salt can a whale take before it dies of high blood pressure? Once the whales become exstinct, the game does as well. #saveourwhales
    #saveourgame
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    +1

+1

I spent money on this game and people are getting the same thing for free. That makes me want a refund AT LEAST. It also shows that the devs don't know what the heck theyre doing. Not a game I want to be playing. Also, yeah, there are people on my shard with hacked-up chars in the arena now.

I hope you're not trying to "win" some argument by painting me as some P2P tyrant who should thus be discredited. Because that would be really dumb, and low. I'm not trying to start a class war or say I'm better than anyone else because you know what, lots of F2P are mad too. Lots of F2P are affected in arena too. And its not like the P2P players just stop mattering because they spent some money.

So yeah, you're better than that, right?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    +1

+1

I hope you're not trying to "win" some argument by painting me as some P2P tyrant who should thus be discredited. Because that would be really dumb, and low. I'm not trying to start a class war or say I'm better than anyone else because you know what, lots of F2P are mad too. Lots of F2P are affected in arena too. And its not like the P2P players just stop mattering because they spent some money.

What? No man i am on board. People that put a lot of money and got things 'the hard way', actually have valid claims for this. Plus the company will lose a lot of money because of the refunds if they don't do something that pleases the community. I didn't see it from my view before that's all. You understand you p2p tyrant? :)
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member

SAVE THE WHALES. I'm completely FTP... Top 100 in a December shard. WHY do I want to save the whales? because holy ****... NO WHALES... NO GAME.

If this isn't fixed they're gonna be covered in salt. How much salt can a whale take before it dies of high blood pressure? Once the whales become exstinct, the game does as well. #saveourwhales
    #saveourgame

sticker%252C220x200-pad%252C220x200%252Cffffff.u3.png
  • MrGrips wrote: »
    +1

+1

I'm F2P and I wouldn't say I'm mad but I'm certainly not happy with what happened. I think they should be reverted or banned, or at least put into a cheater server. They got a huge advantage in the form of upgrades that would take me months to get, and they got them in a very dishonest way
  • ThewhiteonE
    658 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Please for the love of gawd, stop bringing pre rafting into this situation... The community was given 2 weeks to prepare for the change in gear requirements & those that didn't look on the forums were the ones that got burned the most. The pre crafting issue was & still is a minor issue in the bigger scheme of things.

The issue at hand is gamebreakingly bad, to the point that people are & will boycott, & take their business somewhere else.

It's a complete injustice to think that if you cheat in both guild hoping & this current gear + credit issue, all you get is a slap on the wrist & get put back into circulation... Where most people have to struggle to get what they want, the people that exploit a game get everything they want with little to no effort & such a slight punishment. They should be banned, for the sake of the game & the people, they should be banned!

If nothing gets done about this I smell a dead game..!
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm a guppy in the ocean that we call our mobile game. I've spent probably 50 dollars total in 5 months. I care, but I kinda don't, mostly because I'm getting ready to quit the game. It's not really much fun anymore. This glitch is all it takes for some people like me to just call it quits. Like cmon man.. I spend time and cold hard cash working on my toons, and this random guy, Bob. He goes and discovers a glitch by accident, and gets tons and tons of raid gear. That's garbage..and as a community we should all be upset, screw this Bob guy. And #saveourwhales. Grab your pitchforks everyone, lets riot
  • Han_Brolo81
    518 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The only necessary step is to ban or reset (I'm more partial to the ban. I'm of a very draconian mindset) every account. It would be easier to figure out who did it than to look at everything and figure out which gear they legitimately got and which they didn't. If someone gets a dui their license is suspended. They don't care how many days they didn't drive drunk. It's about the one day they did. Same should for this game. It doesn't how much of the gear they got legitimately, if they have a single ill-gotten piece then they should lose it all. Then they don't even have to worry about a refund because the cheaters are actually worse off than before. The players who pay and don't pay aren't behind any more. Maybe dole out some crystals (or even some raid gear in this case) for the inconvenience like they do when servers go down. Balance is brought to the force. Everyone can go on their way until the next major screw up and we all end up back here. Rinse, repeat.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Don't worry, you will all be able to catch up soon enough. They will add to shipments for a whipping 1400 Crystals and they will increase the chance to squeeze out that bit of extra $$$.
    These mistakes are happening too frequently and for some reason I dropped extremely overnight. All new names on my shard with full gear now, this has been confirmed on Reddit also.

Won't be long and I'm using my right to refund. They messed up over 3x now, gave em enough chances. They only listen to $$$ and I know how google play reacts to these refunds, they are always on the customers side.

Awaiting there next "fix" but if they keep lying as what they did with the precraft debacle (only 1% used it... ye right), my refund will make sure they will feel it.

The imbalance in this game is fabricated.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    I'm a guppy in the ocean that we call our mobile game. I've spent probably 50 dollars total in 5 months. I care, but I kinda don't, mostly because I'm getting ready to quit the game. It's not really much fun anymore. This glitch is all it takes for some people like me to just call it quits. Like cmon man.. I spend time and cold hard cash working on my toons, and this random guy, Bob. He goes and discovers a glitch by accident, and gets tons and tons of raid gear. That's garbage..and as a community we should all be upset, screw this Bob guy. And #saveourwhales. Grab your pitchforks everyone, lets riot

Yea sorry i didn't see it before, my posts must've upset a lot of people.

But if this makes you leave the game, then you were waiting for an excuse to do so.

But if this makes you leave the game, then you were waiting for an excuse to do so.

Beg to differ. I love this game and never considered quitting before. But this was disheartening. I only have 3 gear 9 characters and to hear that this happened was a major slap in the face.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Beg to differ. I love this game and never considered quitting before. But this was disheartening. I only have 3 gear 9 characters and to hear that this happened was a major slap in the face.

It's much more rewarding when you do it the 'honest' way trust me. I never was a fan of cheating in games because i knew that i had zero satisfaction at the end if i do it. So i dunno...keep at it, or don't! Your choice
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member

Sorry for getting you wrong, man. I hope this is fixed. This seems much worse than the Vader thing. And well, this is the only app I really play on my phone, so I guess that's something.

On a side note, I don't know if the devs would ever get money from those of us who have chosen to get a refund already, I don't know if its even possible with the app store rules. Not that those people might even ever want to spend again after this thing.
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited June 2016

I mean I guess. I just really hate how, they can EASILY fix so many problems with this game but they always choose the GREEDY, frustrating methods that don't solve anything.. Latest example: the precraft solution, they added droid callers to shipments, took furnaces out.. Who thought that was a good idea? Like seriously, what did that fix? That's just one of many ways they have been messing up lately. The 500 crystals ain't curing our problems either.
This discussion has been closed.