GW reverted back to pre-update state? (MERGED THREADS)

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    kF6hClj.jpg
    Vf7sNOV.jpg

Node 12 last two days. Previous nodes were ridiculous and lost me many characters.
  • Options
    alright, tanks for the answer :)
  • Options
    @1AmYourFath3r I suggest you put the PSA back in the title. Seems we have more than enough proof here.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • GMiserr
    15 posts Member
    Options
    I had 2 different experiences today. I run 2 accounts, my Level 79 account faced a nightmare from node 6, my level 72 account was a little more difficult the last 2 days but still enjoyable.
  • Xyon
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Timeline:

Server blows up Wednesday night
    Revert changes that caused blowup, inadvertently resetting a ton of stuff including GW mechanics
    Whew that was a close one, thankfully fixed

Thursday morning come in to work, attempt to figure out what's broken with the changes that caused explosion
    Too distracted by attempting to fix huge bug to notice everyone's angry about rollback

Fix pricing in shipments. That should please the community for a while. :smugface:
    Back to "Oh god why did the server melt down on Wednesday night?!?!?!"
    Finds massive issue that causes devs to say "how in the world did this ever work in the first place?"
    Head scratching

Sound about right @EA_Jesse ?
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    632 comments without an official response or acknowledgement. I wonder what the record is?

P.S. Today was my second day of crazy OP GW opponents at nodes 6, 9, 10, and 11.
  • Options
    Myself and a few others in guild have noticed the sudden shift in difficulty early in gw. Something is up... After the rerolll the other day gw seems broken
  • Divona
    117 posts Member
    Options
    I think we have now passed the time where any Dev responce from now on wont be enough. There has to be something more done than just reply if we get that today. So many actually didnt finish GW and affected by this much more than CG Devs actually acknowledge.
    I'm now waiting EA community manager post in Developer Updates section no less.
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    @Jedi2407 - we had an official response - "We've looked into this and have found there are no known issues, so this is not a bug. Cheers!"

@CG_Kozispoon

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50508/gw-match-making-for-the-last-node#latest
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    Even with all the frustration right now, this would be such an easy fire to put out. Just admit there is an issue, and tell us you're on it.

Teebo sat broken for months, then they broke him worse, and had to put him back to the less broken version. And what happened? There was an outpouring of thanks for communicating that there was a problem quickly, and letting us know that it would be fixed. He still isn't fixed. Just less broken again. But we were happy because they owned up, and responded quickly.

We don't need perfection. Just a bit of communication.
  • Options
    JRA wrote: »
    Even with all the frustration right now, this would be such an easy fire to put out. Just admit there is an issue, and tell us you're on it.

Teebo sat broken for months, then they broke him worse, and had to put him back to the less broken version. And what happened? There was an outpouring of thanks for communicating that there was a problem quickly, and letting us know that it would be fixed. He still isn't fixed. Just less broken again. But we were happy because they owned up, and responded quickly.

+1
  • Divona
    117 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Sarryen wrote: »
    @Jedi2407 - we had an official response - "We've looked into this and have found there are no known issues, so this is not a bug. Cheers!"

@CG_Kozispoon

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50508/gw-match-making-for-the-last-node#latest

Kozispoon reply was about GREEN undergeared toons on last node. He said no issues there. Fine what about opposite having fully maxed and geared for others? This answer does not even explain half of issues this thread is about.
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    Options

Well said. Just confirmation that it's a bug would do wonders to placate this angry mob. Just communication. A few words.
  • Options
    BTW I think I had seen a comment suggesting that those heavily under leveled and under geared node 12 teams might have been exploiters that got punished. Could that be possible?
  • Options
    Sarryen wrote: »

@CG_Kozispoon

Yep, well, unfortunately @CG_Kozispoon is very wrong indeed.

• RoJaGiTa
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Remember what EA_Jesse said in Game Update on 6/15/16:"Balance adjustments have been made to GW which should result in it not taking as long to complete". LOL. Taking as long as it ever has. Perhaps they meant it will not take as long because either (i) people will stop playing GW; (ii) our rosters will be destroyed really quickly; and/or (iii) we'll just give-up after node 5!!
  • Options
    I had level 80 Gear 10+ teams from node 6 on. Last node was level 80 green gear team that was super easy. But there is something wrong for sure with the way opponents are being generated
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    @Divona - I completely agree! They brushed the issue away without properly investigating and are (apparently) ignoring us now.

It seems very likely that the absurd green gear node 11-12 teams are directly related to the bug causing the difficulty to be way out of line. Both issues occurred after the update on Thursday (or the server crash on Weds).
  • Options
    @1AmYourFath3r I suggest you put the PSA back in the title. Seems we have more than enough proof here.

22 pages, dozens of Dev mentions, and dozens of photos. I wonder what they don't understand?
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I'd rather have been shot in the face with a flare gun than do my GW run today. Lord have mercy on us all.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    The issue with GW is not if you can beat it or not. Instead it is about how it continues to get harder as you progress yet the rewards stay the same. It can be very hard but then the rewards should reflect that. The battles are reflective of your account but the rewards are not.
  • Options
    I was teetering on getting some crystals for much needed gear, but then the devs break something else, which talks me out of it. My wife thanks them!
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

pac0naut wrote: »
    I'd rather have been shot in the face with a flare gun than do my GW run today. Lord have mercy on us all.

LOL. That supplied me with my first laugh of the day.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    clhs wrote: »

LOL. That supplied me with my first laugh of the day.

There are days I have to laugh to keep from crying. GW today was one of those times.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • JoseIrimia
    446 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    As many, many others I also experienced the sudden, unnotified and dramatic change in GW. I like challenge as much as the next person. However, I do not enjoy sudden changes in the rules and overall I do not enjoy a difficulty that is above challenge. A challenge is something difficult but possible, not the current.

Curiously, the change shows up right with the emergence of the scoundrels event, to get extra credits. I never felt credit problems. My bottleneck is gear. I have no scoundrels, and not planning to invest tons of resources in farmable or premium toons. But suddently, one of the main sources of credits is made more difficult. I do not believe this is a coincidence.
    As analogy, a coincidence is walking into a friend you haven't seen in years. But walking into someone you haven't seen in years who needs something from you (money), is most definitely not a coincidence.

This sneaky behavior by the developers is what makes the experience with the game going from enjoyable to frustrating and overall not wanting to invest money in something/someone who is not trustworthy, deceptive and dishonest.
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    waikyl54 wrote: »
    I was teetering on getting some crystals for much needed gear, but then the devs break something else, which talks me out of it. My wife thanks them!
    Same. After the fix to Anakin, adding a big new credit source, and the quick response on the Teebo problem, I was considering opening my wallet, but with no response on this issue it snapped shut like a bear trap.

• Options

+1

Overall, this community is fairly forgiving when the devs actually claim their mistakes and attempt any sort of fix. They "fixed" the overpriced gear in shipments and gave refunds, and people are falling over themselves to thank them......even though the fact remains that gear is ridiculously overpriced in the first place!

There are many, many problems with this game, but a problem that causes a large number of players to not even have a chance at completing the mode which is the major source of credits, is simply game breaking and deserves the full attention of the development and moderation staff.

I'm happy for those of you that are seeing no problem or reach node 12 and have 3* enemies, but I (and several others) am having the exact opposite problem. I'm facing a fully omega'd lvl 80 40k+ power team with 3 G11's and 2 G10's at node 12. My max powered team is just over 32k with a single G10 and only 3 G9's....but I lost them at node 11. Lost my B team at node 9, C & D teams at 10 and 11....so I literally have a ragtag team of 20k max against a team that is over double in power. It is impossible to complete, even if I had my best team fully protected with all cool downs available.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options
    Don't know about you, but the 12th node to me always gives more credits and crystals than the first.
  • Options
    I'm all up for a challenge but... broke my squad to get to the last node and did I get a three star green gear squad.... No! Gear 11 Anakin lead with Gear 10 minions.... I agree that it was too easy since the update and should be a challenge but that is nigh on impossible. A little warning and a little consistency would go a long way.. I must've spent over an hour getting my **** kicked.
  • Options

Haha... I had my last node from yesterday. Suicide, but it got me my omega for today. Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow. The worst part of all this now isn't that it happened - it's @CG_Kozispoon denying it happened.
This discussion has been closed.