Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    people will never be happy, whats too difficult for the one, is too easy for the other. The best part is that everyone thinks they are right, and anyone who thinks differently must be experiencing a totally different GW.
    whine whine whine, less difficult GW, much less whining after that, still the difficulty got turned up agian, aaaand whine agian. The forums on GW in a nuttshell, great fun :)

That's why I said the scaling is bad. It's too easy for players with low arena power, but too hard for those with high power. It's not whining, it's just being exasperated that they could turn one of the most enjoyable parts of the game into the most dreaded part of everyone's day in the game.

call it constructive complaints for all i care. my point remains the same. Seeying that you think its the most dreaded part of everyone's day pretty much says it all.

I'm not wrong, everyone hates it. This megathread is less than a week old and it's already more than half the size of the dodge megathread which is over 2 months old. It's clear that everyone hates what they did to GW. in fact, I do call what I said a constructive complaint. I mentioned what I believe to be the source of the problems. I don't know how to fix it because I've never coded anything, but if I'm right about why GW is such a mess, it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

you realize you are only proving my point right ?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • AlwaysABigerFish
    1175 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    people will never be happy, whats too difficult for the one, is too easy for the other. The best part is that everyone thinks they are right, and anyone who thinks differently must be experiencing a totally different GW.
    whine whine whine, less difficult GW, much less whining after that, still the difficulty got turned up agian, aaaand whine agian. The forums on GW in a nuttshell, great fun :)

That's why I said the scaling is bad. It's too easy for players with low arena power, but too hard for those with high power. It's not whining, it's just being exasperated that they could turn one of the most enjoyable parts of the game into the most dreaded part of everyone's day in the game.

call it constructive complaints for all i care. my point remains the same. Seeying that you think its the most dreaded part of everyone's day pretty much says it all.

I'm not wrong, everyone hates it. This megathread is less than a week old and it's already more than half the size of the dodge megathread which is over 2 months old. It's clear that everyone hates what they did to GW. in fact, I do call what I said a constructive complaint. I mentioned what I believe to be the source of the problems. I don't know how to fix it because I've never coded anything, but if I'm right about why GW is such a mess, it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Nope. I don't even know what your point is anymore. It sounded like you said I was whining and jokingly said I could call it a constructive compliment. I then gave you reasons why it is constructive and it's not just whining, and you say I proved your point? Maybe I misunderstood you and you agreed with me from the beginning but, no, I don't get what you are saying
  • Options

John is that you?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Nope.

well, that is unfortunate. And for the record, i dont mind the most recent changes to GW. Never had any problems finishing GW. The previous version of GW was fine with me aswell, but a little more challenging gives me more joy finishing it. I can claim that i am right, that everyone should feel this way, but whats the point ?
  • Options
    Even though I can complete it still, now I cringe when I hit node 6 and wonder if I really want to spend the time doing it. So congratulations to the dev team for changing something I look forward to, into something I try to convince myself not to hate.

Its kinda like when you work with your ex and the break up was messy. You try to be the better person, but you try and avoid them as much as possible. In the end you still have to work with them and you hate every min that you do. Thanks EA....

Oh, wait EA wants to pay me more to work with my ex now...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Captainrrl wrote: »

John is that you?

no, its leef.
  • drmz87
    11 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Wth is cg thinking ... make up your minds , first you guys make it easy because everybody said it was a chore and now you have made it difficult again beacuse u realize that it was initially meant to be a war of attrition

I cant get past node 6 or 7 now , it is insane
    It was difficult before as well but this is just insane

I would rather have the gw before these last 2 updates and tbh i was happy with that
  • Options

Nope.

well, that is unfortunate. And for the record, i dont mind the most recent changes to GW. Never had any problems finishing GW. The previous version of GW was fine with me aswell, but a little more challenging gives me more joy finishing it. I can claim that i am right, that everyone should feel this way, but whats the point ?
    But the difference is you are only one person enjoying it. My whole point is that the scaling is wrong, so it's fun for some people, too easy for others, and impossible for the rest. There are over 1.4k comments here, and yes, most of them from people whining, but still, the fact that most people are NOT happy with the changes means that something is wrong. I'm not saying that you are wrong in that you enjoy GW, but you are wrong to say that the changes are good when pretty much everyone disagrees with you. A change that benefits a few but screws over the majority is not a good change.
  • Options

John is that you?

no, its leef.

Hey leef
  • Detrimis
    22 posts Member
    Options
    KonaEhukai wrote: »
    Our guild can beat the heroic rancor in a few hours yet no one can get through the GW for the guild activity. What an absolute joke.

Hahahahahahaha THIS is the best comment in the thread. I can single handily beat tier 6 raid phase 1 and 2 with one squad no breaks and can BARELY get by in galactic wars.

There's DEFINITELY something wrong with that picture
  • Options
    My experince has been that EA is not involved in the day to day affairs of their studios.
    Care to specify? Did you work for EA?

Because most gaming journalists will say the complete opposite. EA has the worst reputation in the industry when it comes to meddling in their studios' day to day operations, as demonstrated in the cases of Visceral, Maxis, Bullfrog, Mythic; even Bioware. What makes you think CG is any different?

But then again EA just has the worst reputation in the industry in general.

Nope I do not work for EA. My assertion is based on comments made by developers etc.. I was of the opinion they (EA) micromanaged extensively, but I was told that was not the case. *shrug*

I guess opinions vary..
    You do realize most developers are probably threatened with their jobs if they publicly badmouth their company right?

Especially with a company as sleazy as EA?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Nope.

But the difference is you are only one person enjoying it. My whole point is that the scaling is wrong, so it's fun for some people, too easy for others, and impossible for the rest. There are over 1.4k comments here, and yes, most of them from people whining, but still, the fact that most people are NOT happy with the changes means that something is wrong. I'm not saying that you are wrong in that you enjoy GW, but you are wrong to say that the changes are good when pretty much everyone disagrees with you. A change that benefits a few but screws over the majority is not a good change.

like i said, cant make everybody happy. Except me i guess, i kinda like every version of GW ea/cg threw at us, it was and still is the best mode in the game imo.
  • Options
    Can't they stop screwing with the GW?
    it wasn't broken to begin with, and yes getting 4 sets of 7* level 80 in a row does suck the fun out of this game.
    My advice is to fix it before people start finding a new one, most of us have at least 7 months into this game, that's already a long time for the ADD cellphone crowd. I suspect if it was not star wars you would already be seeing a lot of drop offs as people get board and find new games.
    Do not be stupid and push your customer base away.
  • Options

Nope.

like i said, cant make everybody happy. Except me i guess, i kinda like every version of GW ea/cg threw at us, it was and still is the best mode in the game imo.

Ok, you're right, you can't make everyone happy. That is true and there's no denying it. Take a look at the GW poll in the general discussion. 8% of people voted that they like the new GW, which means 92% don't like it. It's a small sample, but still, if everyone were to vote I would be that the results wouldn't change by more than 10% in either direction. You can't make everyone happy, but are we going to settle for what makes 8% of people happy?
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Nope.

But are people getting screwed over though, that's the question.

The question that needs to answered before they 'fix' GW is 'are all players entitled to finish GW everyday regardless of their level or roster?' Should people all across the board regardless of roster, level, time playing, etc get the exact same rewards?

If the answer is yes, then put it back to the June 15th level and just give it away like they were.

If the answer is no, then it should be something closer to what it is right now.

I've been saying for weeks that they need to tier it. Post June 15th could be tier I or easy, and something like what it is now, or a little harder could be tier II or hard. Throw in some random raid gear, and omega mat on the last node and more credits.

And get rid of the 3* teams on the last node or two obviously.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, you're right, you can't make everyone happy. That is true and there's no denying it. Take a look at the GW poll in the general discussion. 8% of people voted that they like the new GW, which means 92% don't like it. It's a small sample, but still, if everyone were to vote I would be that the results wouldn't change by more than 10% in either direction. You can't make everyone happy, but are we going to settle for what makes 8% of people happy?

well, first of all people should learn to make polls. I count 40% that is okay with the change, and 58% liked the previous version better (dont know where that 2% is)
    that isnt that bad of an result 40/60.
  • Glory
    23 posts Member
    Options
    It's certainly not impossible. It just takes WAY too long. If they wanted to fix GW they needed to change the way the RNG is seeded, not the difficulty of the nodes. As it is, you can usually find a path thru GW by restarting when you miss a key hit, but it takes FOREVER and is just a boring grind.

There is virtually no strategy involved, I just need to keep restarting until I figure out the correct order to perma-stun or tm lock the other team. It's so monotonous that it's almost not worth the effort.

GW should be medium difficulty. I can deal with Events being very, very challenging; I do think a 'Novice' tier should always be offered though. I'd be curious to see how much of the new event content is actually played - I feel it's disappointingly low. GW should be complete-able within 30 mins - this is still an hour and a half time investment on Tuesday's into only a small segment of SWGoH. Seems more than reasonable.
  • Options

well, first of all people should learn to make polls. I count 40% that is okay with the change, and 58% liked the previous version better (dont know where that 2% is)
    ...by 40/60 do you mean 10/90?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50826/should-gw-be-reverted-to-how-it-was-made-to-be-more-simple-or-left-with-the-difficulty-increased/p1
  • Options
    This thread has been of great interest to me because for the most part, I have not experienced the major problems and frustrations that it seems 99% of you have. The following comments are not intended to criticize or come off as smug, I'm honestly trying to understand why I haven't had many issues and perhaps what I can do to avoid them in the future.

I'm a level 77 player with a decently size able roster of toons. (I can probably field 2-3 actually viable teams in GW against teams of average difficulty) Aside from the $10 or $15 I spent to buy the droid pack when I first started, I'm F2P. In regards to the 2-3 teams I mentioned they are mostly a mix of 6-7* all at G8( I have one toon at G9). My arena rank is usually in the top 40 on my server, I forgot my power rating.

With the exception of the very first time I tried GW, I have never not been able to finish one. Sure I have to retreat sometimes, but it's never really an issue and I don't think I spend more than 30-45 minutes per daily restart. I have experienced increased difficulty at nodes 6,9 and sometimes 11, but never gotten the 3* teams that so many talk about and I'm fortunate enough to have not gotten a maxed out gear 10 team a bunch of times. Is this simply because I have a bunch of toons sitting at G8? Or am I missing something?
  • crixvane
    88 posts Member
    Options
    If GW wasn't rewarding the credits needed for the only meaningful way to progress in this game, then these changes and the challenge would be just fine. But thats not the case, hence the uproar. We NEED to finish GW given the current state of the game economy and how it rewards currency. So its not even a matter of entitlement.
  • Options
    @Galdin_Wan

When you and others were in your 70's, you didnt have this 'challenge' of GW. Is it fair for the current 80's players to have been able to aquire those credits in much easier manner, while current 70's have (although possible) a much harder time of doing it?
    Regardless, the gw you are facing is not the same as others.
  • Options

True, it's not a well formed poll, but only 8% voted that they liked it. One option kinda liked the update but wants more rewards. That one still counts as saying that something needs to be done. So only 8% are happy with GW as it is
  • Options
    This thread has been of great interest to me because for the most part, I have not experienced the major problems and frustrations that it seems 99% of you have. The following comments are not intended to criticize or come off as smug, I'm honestly trying to understand why I haven't had many issues and perhaps what I can do to avoid them in the future.

I'm a level 77 player with a decently size able roster of toons. (I can probably field 2-3 actually viable teams in GW against teams of average difficulty) Aside from the $10 or $15 I spent to buy the droid pack when I first started, I'm F2P. In regards to the 2-3 teams I mentioned they are mostly a mix of 6-7* all at G8( I have one toon at G9). My arena rank is usually in the top 40 on my server, I forgot my power rating.

With the exception of the very first time I tried GW, I have never not been able to finish one. Sure I have to retreat sometimes, but it's never really an issue and I don't think I spend more than 30-45 minutes per daily restart. I have experienced increased difficulty at nodes 6,9 and sometimes 11, but never gotten the 3* teams that so many talk about and I'm fortunate enough to have not gotten a maxed out gear 10 team a bunch of times. Is this simply because I have a bunch of toons sitting at G8? Or am I missing something?
    The 3* team seems to happen when you fight G10 maxed teams on node 9-11. It seems every node is x115% of the arena power of the previous node. So when the power maxes out at node 11 it becomes impossible to match for node 12.

You *are* supposed to finish GW every day. When you hit lv80, GW becomes effectively your only source of income. Not completing GW every day is not an option.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Yesterday i lost my first GW after having some hard ones before, but yesterday's GW was simply insane, i'm lvl 51, got a last node with a purple geared lvl 61 to 67!!! Had no time to retreat before getting murdered without mercy lol. After that there was no chance for my B team to get through it.... I admit i could probably get it beaten if i had been more careful, therefore how i'm supposed to know i'm getting a team 10 lvls above myself??!

No remaining doubts about a bug in GW, we need this to get FIXED ASAP!
  • Ibonedleia
    114 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I believe i understand the two opposing views of the GWgate. I would only hope understanding is reached to all.
    Older shard(players), and btw not just whales, have had 6 or 9 months in which to build a great roster. They were able to do this, for the most part through GW credits. Additionally the scaling works to their advantage. For ex, a player w a maxxed (or 2 or 5) team/s that they are capable of using are at the most going against an EQUAL gw opponet. They do not ever face a gw that pits them against multiple level/gear higher teams. Cause theirs are maxxed. And thats good for them, i can see why they would like it. But the equivalent would be for them to face level 85/90 level and g13/14 teams. Thats what the 70's are facing.
  • Jakkal
    66 posts Member
    Options
    I keep checking the forum for some type of (at absolute minimum) acknowledgment to this issue and keep being disappointed.

John is too busy trying to finish node 12

Ahahahahaha :D
  • Tekka
    26 posts Member
    Options
    Idk how the devs can be so bad at tuning. Why is the last node the easiest? Why do they randomly throw in 2 teams that are nigh impossible to beat and the rest is auto? GW is terrible. No consistency, no way to make a strategy with different levels at every node. Can I afford to lose a character on node 8? I have no idea if node 9 will be easy or impossible. Just bad
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

True, it's not a well formed poll, but only 8% voted that they liked it. One option kinda liked the update but wants more rewards. That one still counts as saying that something needs to be done. So only 8% are happy with GW as it is

i didnt vote, but if i did i would vote for more rewards. who wouldnt want more rewards ? heck, some people might have voted that they liked it simply because they hate auto mode.
  • Options
    Ibonedleia wrote: »
    @Galdin_Wan

When you and others were in your 70's, you didnt have this 'challenge' of GW. Is it fair for the current 80's players to have been able to aquire those credits in much easier manner, while current 70's have (although possible) a much harder time of doing it?
    Regardless, the gw you are facing is not the same as others.

When I was in my 60's and the cap was 70, GW was this hard, harder actually. People are saying they can't beat the last node, I used be happy just to get halfway through on some days. My goal wasn't even to finish, it was to get 400 tokens so that I could buy some Luminara or Phasma shards.

• Ibonedleia
    114 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Galdin_Wan
    Very well and fair enough. Of course level 60 my roster was crappy so it prob wouldnt bother me as much. I hit 80 yesterday, am a dolphin, and if Im lucky i can finish in TWO hours. Thats what 70's are facing right now. Be the same as you going against level 85/90 g 13/14 toons. Thats whats happening.