Not the Game I Invested In

Replies

• Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I paid a lot of money for my roster, but that was when I knew what I was paying for. I saw some people saying this update will be great for whales, no it will not. This update will be the equivalent of a bottomless pit for money, I was only happy to pay when I could see an end to it.

Palanthian, a question out of cuiosity. You say you were happy to pay when you could see an end to it. What was the end that you were pursuing?

I find myself asking this question often. Not paying anything, but still asking the question from the perspective of time investment in lieu of monetary investment.

The end was 7 star, level 80 toons with max gear. With every toon collected except for Mob Enforcer. Then you could stockpile credits, and other rewards to use on new toons as they are released.

• Options
    Yeah, this is another whale post, but hear me out. When I started the game in March, I loved everything about it and could see a very clear path to progression with an investment I was willing to make. The game was worth my money, all things considered.

I previously quit games that force you to min/max by slotting widgets with random stats, games such as Future Fight, Darkness Reborn, etc.

Now, here we are with the unbelievably convoluted mod system with 15 levels of grind, 7 levels of rarity, random primary stats, up to 4 more random secondary stats, * 6 per character, * every player in your roster.

And they cost cantina energy to grind, so you have to choose between characters or mods. And they cost crystals to unslot.

And they cost credits to level up, so you have to use the few credits you get from GW - still providing level 60 rewards and impossible to complete for most - and the few credits you get from the scoundrel event - which does NOT come once a week and you possibly don't have the roster for.

I paid a lot of money for my roster, but that was when I knew what I was paying for. I saw some people saying this update will be great for whales, no it will not. This update will be the equivalent of a bottomless pit for money, I was only happy to pay when I could see an end to it.

I genuinely fear for the future of this game. I've never seen the forums like this, I've never seen guild chat like this. It's not just another protest, real players are quitting this time.

The response to the 60 page GW thread was "deal with it", there wasn't even an attempt to defuse the situation. It's bordering on self-destructive.

The players are being squeezed from every possible angle. There is no give, only take. Even the apology crystals have been cut from 500 to 350, why?! How much money does that save you, EA?!

This coming update is an ultimatum - pay up or get out. That's the only justification I can see for the way they're treating their players.

I will not pay for mods. Even whales have limits. It's not that I can't afford it, it's that EA doesn't deserve the money I work very hard for.

This game is a life lesson, I've learned it now.

I totally agree man and I'm far from a whale.
    I keep imagining a very small group of folks at ea who don't realize what they have in this game and are nearly trying to squeeze every penny out of there player because they think this game will disappear like many other of its ill in the past when what they should be doing is listening to the player base, all of them and making necessary changes.
    I'm done with this game myself. Because after this GW debacle k realize they are merely in it for the short term with the expectation that it will fail.
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Wait until the mods for mods comes out in the next patch
  • Options
    Totally agreed!
    I have 63 7* Chars, many of them Gear Level 9 or 10 but this game has become boring and expensive.
  • Mokkal
    21 posts Member
    Options
    EA need extra money
  • Options
    Great Post. I really agree with the OP.

I have stopped spending for about a month now. Not that I can't afford it, I don't see it as a smart investment at the moment. Sometimes I still do get the urge to open my wallet, but Istop myself. I will remain F2P until I feel that the game is headed in the right direction again.

I will wait and see how the MOD content is before make start criticizing it.
  • Turukano
    170 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    B00MSTICK wrote: »
    It's a classic move for P2W games. Introduce a new element that raises the bar, but doesn't add any substantial content. Low cost, high yield for the GO (if players go for it).

Today your toons are strong, ready for everything. Tomorrow their good, but still have a ways to go.

I was hoping they would try to add new characters (so many more to go btw) or keep bringing events that required specific character sets to keep people farming. But that would require work and investment. Mods will be cheaper for them.

I'm not sure if the rules prohibit mentioning other games so I won't. However like many of us this isn't my first freemium game, we therefore know that this is the sort of change that can/may kill off a game. Of the others I play/played after a big change like this none of the, survived.
    1) closed down and re released as a version 2 but you couldn't transfer your investment- stopped playing.
    2) currently a petition on change to revert changes and a spend boycott happening.
    3) main developers sold it to another developer, as they saw the writing was on the all after an unpopular big change, who has destroyed game and no one spends anymore.
    4)I've stopped playing so can't comment though as it was fun and every challenge possible without paying most people carried on as it was genuinely ftp.... Never met anyone in rl or the online community who actually spent. But that one did survive.

Turukano
  • Options
    Yeah, this is another whale post, but hear me out. When I started the game in March, I loved everything about it and could see a very clear path to progression with an investment I was willing to make. The game was worth my money, all things considered.

I previously quit games that force you to min/max by slotting widgets with random stats, games such as Future Fight, Darkness Reborn, etc.

Now, here we are with the unbelievably convoluted mod system with 15 levels of grind, 7 levels of rarity, random primary stats, up to 4 more random secondary stats, * 6 per character, * every player in your roster.

And they cost cantina energy to grind, so you have to choose between characters or mods. And they cost crystals to unslot.

And they cost credits to level up, so you have to use the few credits you get from GW - still providing level 60 rewards and impossible to complete for most - and the few credits you get from the scoundrel event - which does NOT come once a week and you possibly don't have the roster for.

I genuinely fear for the future of this game. I've never seen the forums like this, I've never seen guild chat like this. It's not just another protest, real players are quitting this time.

The response to the 60 page GW thread was "deal with it", there wasn't even an attempt to defuse the situation. It's bordering on self-destructive.

The players are being squeezed from every possible angle. There is no give, only take. Even the apology crystals have been cut from 500 to 350, why?! How much money does that save you, EA?!

This coming update is an ultimatum - pay up or get out. That's the only justification I can see for the way they're treating their players.

I will not pay for mods. Even whales have limits. It's not that I can't afford it, it's that EA doesn't deserve the money I work very hard for.

Agreed! I stopped spending alrd..... May switch to pokemon go soon lol...
  • Divona
    117 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The only problem with mods is that it limits you experimenting different combos on different toons. It will cost you tons of crystals and also credits to test out what works and what not. This however will determine who are going to be in top of raids and arena. Unless you wait months to see what results others have... but then you fall behind in progress.
  • Options
    I will be angry, if you are able to make 2 Millions with one Team in Raid, although i have many characters.
  • Options

Great Post. Now I am F2P, I won't invest a single dollar more in a company that do not pay attention to costumers and lie to them.
    However about the Mods, before saying is bad, I will give them an opportunity. See how develops and works. Most likely you're right and will be unbalanced, bugged and a bottomless pit of money. But, I will wait to judge.
    About using cantina energy, makes some sense. the only purpose of cantina is getting shards. Some players already collected all the toons (some people play this game as pokemon or just for the goal of having them all), so for those players does makes a lot of sense. I still have some to farm, but I understand the logic behind it.
  • Options
    Baggodi wrote: »
    Well said. Or would that be whale said?
    Haha, that would be whale said, but as a F2P player that hasn't spent ANY money on this game, I can relate to said whale's wail.

From the moment I downloaded this game, I was already prepared to get the short end of the stick; it's how this FREEMIUM business model works, and that's EXACTLY why they aren't getting any of my money.
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Go_Blue wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand it sometimes. Jesse, some of the devs on Reddit, they seem like passionate guys, dedicated, love the game and want to see it succeed. They seem like they have good intentions. But some of the decisions and lack of feedback is mind boggling. They are killing their own game. They aren't giving people what they want. They are doing the opposite.

I wonder how many times they go to bat for us and get shot down or mandated to do something different.

@pac0naut it really is a struggle for them. @CG_Conduit23 has been trying to get Ig-88 to be a scoundrel for AGES, but it hasn't been approved by Disney or EA yet because it doesn't make money.

To quote a dev that works on battlefront,"We have to get things approved 50 times in order to add it to the game".
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    I love this game, I do, wish it were better.
  • Options
    Too many negative threads for the mods to delete. They just can't keep up anymore. A select few will call it **** and moaning. Many will call it an all out revolt from the player base.
  • Options
    When whales complain about spending...I have to say...it's really a "**** hit the fan" moment.
  • Options
    Too many negative threads for the mods to delete. They just can't keep up anymore. A select few will call it **** and moaning. Many will call it an all out revolt from the player base.

Words mean nothing. So keep up with your "revolt" it's not the first time people have claimed updates were awful and they weren't spending. Yet the game continues to make boat loads of cash.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Biggest rejection/revolt ever happened on this forum, this is prior to the update. What will it be like after the update.

Alot of players had a issue with protection but that didnt cost money and didnt force players to not farm characters.

I have no problem with MODs coming to the game but the biggest issue is that CG think its a good idea to make their players choose between farming shards or farming MODs, Lots of players out there are in the middle of farming characters.

CG will continue to release characters to the Cantina area making you choose. Me and other players had no issue spending refills on farming shards but now we will be forced to refil for MODs or have an account which will be no playable in raids or Arena.

The game isnt even a year old and they are already adding a feature like this which is game changing. I dont mind a grind and working to get stuff but now I will be paying more for less and that isnt fun.
  • Options
    my thing is i have some toons that are now perfect - that im done with and can move on to other toons and team comps

my worry is that the mods will be super grindy.. again after credits stars omegas gear grinds.. i worry they dump another mass grind on finished toons

IF they make it somehow fun and relatively easy to mod toons it could be a big boost to the game (highly doubt this will happen)

BUT if they make it another grindy pit of hell i will throw in the towell.
  • Options
    Veritasum wrote: »
    I would have to agree that the mod system is way too convoluted and unnecessarily complex. Despite it's extreme cost, I always viewed this game as a character collecting game where trying different team comps and character synergies would be the focus of the game. This mod system is a clear departure or cementing that this in fact is not a character collecting game, but more like an FPS game where you have to throw all your resources on at most a few characters and then just press buttons.

I understand vets often get put off by change. I always shrug it off because for me it's simple, everything changes and evolves and I either change with it or find somewhere comfortable for me. And that's for everything. Most vets think games are there to cater to them and they are correct to a certain extent. But keep in mind, huge game companies like EA have being doing games for a long time and by now know how far to push and how many losses they can take. It's a wheel because hundreds, if not thousands of players likely come in every day. And these new people will take weeks and months before they develop frustration levels found in the forums and some will leave but many more will come in fresh.

No offense, but EA/CG are not gonna miss any of us if and when we leave. But don't take it personal. To me that's the funny part, that people take it personal and rage or write an indignant post (not saying this is the case for the op), but usually.

So either cut your losses or ride the change and save yourself some heartache.

This is why i invested alot of money in the game and why another wall like mods is bad news.

Leveling
    Starring
    Gearing
    Ability maxing
    Omega maxing
    Raid gear........ now
    Mods

I have all but a few heroes unlocked spend 1000s on them less and less are getting used...

Trying to get @EA_Jesse or @CG_NotReallyAJedi to get the feedback to the team.
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Go_Blue wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand it sometimes. Jesse, some of the devs on Reddit, they seem like passionate guys, dedicated, love the game and want to see it succeed. They seem like they have good intentions. But some of the decisions and lack of feedback is mind boggling. They are killing their own game. They aren't giving people what they want. They are doing the opposite.

I wonder how many times they go to bat for us and get shot down or mandated to do something different.

@pac0naut it really is a struggle for them. @CG_Conduit23 has been trying to get Ig-88 to be a scoundrel for AGES, but it hasn't been approved by Disney or EA yet because it doesn't make money.

To quote a dev that works on battlefront,"We have to get things approved 50 times in order to add it to the game".

Geez. After reading Conduits Reddit post on IG-88, I feel pretty sorry for some of them. All the corporate red tape is brutal.
  • Data
    12 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have played since December, I have since walked, it has been almost a week. I threatened to quit after Raid Reward fiasco. Now I am gone, its like quitting smoking, after you do it, you cant really understand what the allure was. I poke my head in around here, and log in to my account every now and again to see if they met the demands I made. The only thing I notice different in my life is that I have a ton more time.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    A lot of people have quit this game since the announcement of mods. Depending on how it's end working out, I'll probably follow suite
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Amen brother. This game has become a grind, and the blatant construction of pay-walls implemented is becoming appalling. And coming from a paying player, I will refuse to drop another cent on this game. I've spent probably close to a grand this game, and I've considered giving it up entirely. IMO, game is headed in the complete wrong direction...yes, it will have its revivals with the new star wars movies, but I just don't care anymore. Many of my guild members have actually called it quits, uninstalling the game entirely (they were paying players too).

For the first time ever I didn't even bother doing GW or the event yesterday, even some dailies. I probably won't today either. TBH, I'd rather walk around and enjoy the day and catch Pokémon...having FUN and not grinding my butt off.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    shampoo wrote: »
    A lot of people have quit this game since the announcement of mods. Depending on how it's end working out, I'll probably follow suite
    Shampoo is the prettiest SWGoH player ever.
  • Options
    I honestly don't understand the reasoning behind the mods, except for greed which will hurt profits in the long run. CG won the lottery with the Star Wars IP and has time and again not listened to the players and are going to end up destroying what could have made tons of money for years. A lot of the iconic characters haven't even been introduced and most of the whales are older that grew up on Star Wars have jobs and don't mind spending will quit because of bad decision before they could capitalize on introducing them. Not to mention the new movies that are coming out and all the money that could be made there, they are just ruining their chance to make tons of money for a little bit of short term profits. I am honestly dumbfounded by these decisions.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    With the recent changes, future disasters, and issues that are never being dealt with I'm very close to quitting. Game has become a chore
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    shampoo wrote: »

Did yoyo quit?