Mods Appreciation: LIMITED-TIME EVENT - *MEGATHREAD*

Prev13456713
EA_Jesse
663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited July 2016
We wanted to thank you all for your feedback on our Mods release last week. Based on your feedback the team worked quickly to make adjustments last Friday to ensure Mods are a fun part of your overall game experience.

To thank you all for you feedback and patience we are running a Special Event this weekend for players level 50 and above!

Mods Appreciation: LIMITED-TIME EVENT

Begins: July 22nd, 11 A.M. PDT
Ends: July 25th, 11 A.M. PDT

Here are the things you can look forward to this weekend:

INBOX DELIVERIES
Receive a Cantina gift of 350k Credits each day for the next three days of the event. Be sure to login and collect this gift daily!

FREE MOD REMOVAL
Try different configurations on all of your qualifying Characters with no cost to remove any number of Mods.

INSTANT UPGRADE INCREASED
Improved chance of immediately increasing a Mod’s level while upgrading.

In addition to the above, we’ll also be doing the following:
  • The Galactic Gear Pack will be available in the Store during the Mods Appreciation event. The pack may now be purchased a maximum of 5 times a day.
  • We’re celebrating summer by adding 25% bonus Crystals to both the Crate and Vault of Crystals. Each of these are limited to one purchase each. Bonus Crystals offer ends July 29th.

Please keep all comments about the Mods Appreciation event in this thread.

Details for this event can be found here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/57855/mods-appreciation-limited-time-event#latest
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz

Replies

• Options
    What about the drop rates and price of upgrading the mods ? Are you guys serious? You created another huge gap! Its unbelievable how you guys dont listen at all
    Bad game management here
  • Options
    Suggest removing the end date on this time period.
  • Daker
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Can you please clarify which changes have time limits and which are permanent?
  • Options
    I sincerely hope that's not their answer to all the issues people have been up in arms about.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    What event is this?
  • Clone
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Yup. Thats how CG thanks you...

There it is boys and girls enjoy their appreaciation.
  • Options
    What about 100% drop rate?
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    Options
    A little bit of a heads up would be nice. As some of us are upgrading mods. Srsly would have waited for this. But thanks for the free loot.
  • Options
  • Options
    "Here's 350k as if that'll help you upgrade 1x Mod 5* to max...now shut up and start spending money again."
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Don't see the event, restarted the app multiple times, and yes the client was restarted and the download did happen
  • BAMFer
    89 posts Member
    Options
    Just wow.
  • Options
    No offense, this special limited thank you is weak.
  • BAMFer
    89 posts Member
    Options
    7 million spent. 350k back. Yup.
  • Options
    Slap in the face
  • Options
    Will that even fully upgrade a single 5 dot mod? I spent millions on my 6/7 dot mods before they were yanked...but 350k ought to cover it, apparently.
  • Daker
    109 posts Member
    Options
    To me, it is like the developers are saying:

"Kicking you in the junk repeatedly is getting boring. We are going to give you a break for the weekend, and then start kicking you again on Monday to see if it becones fun for us again."
  • Options
    Completely agree with above about removing end date to this. It won't let me quote it or say "+1" for some reason...hmmm, wonder why...
  • Clone
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Will that even fully upgrade a single 5 dot mod?

Nope
  • Options
    350 x 3 days

:neutral:

• kejmo
    213 posts Member
    Options
    Hey,

thanks for deleting my post which is probably in thought with 100% of the playerbase here.

Keep up the good work, covering Your bad choices.
  • Zeu
    95 posts Member
    Options
    Hey, you get 25% more crystals so better give them more money
  • Options
    Please keep all comments about the Mods Appreciation event in this thread.
  • Options
    wisenuts wrote: »
    A little bit of a heads up would be nice. As some of us are upgrading mods. Srsly would have waited for this. But thanks for the free loot.
    Yeah same for crystals.
  • Options
    I spend 10m and you change all the stats and give me 1m back? Oh and 25% more if I make a purchase? What about the purchase I made last week? You took that money and then changed all the stats...
  • CUNOMOR
    74 posts Member
    Options
    The credits, the free change-ups to experiment with mods, etc., help a lot.
    I know some folks won't be satisfied, but this is a step in the right direction.

Thanks again
  • QuiteDrunk
    188 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    ok so lets take a look at this, 350k per day for 3 days 1,050000 credits in total, costs 500k to level up a mod 6 mods per hero =3mill on top of the 8+mill it costs to level a hero to max, i currently have 27 7* heroes only 12 max'ed so this is what? a joke that is what it is...

Is this supposed to elevate the hostility from us us? because it will take more than a poxy 1mil to make up for the sub par work you guys have been passing off for the past few months. we never asked for a new event, how about you fix GW so we can earn our daily credits.. how about you increase the mod drop rate so we are not wasting all our most limited recourse, how about fixing the many broken aspects of your game before trying to sell us more useless packs no one needs or wants.

25% bonus on crystals or not this is a joke and will not get me spending again.
  • Go_Blue
    95 posts Member
    Options
    Jesse -

Does this mean that there will be 1) No change to the current drop-rate of mods (i.e., no rollback to the original drop rate? and 2) No change to the cost of upgrading the mods (i.e., no rollback to the original cost?)

This is a nice limited time event, but it honestly does nothing to solve the Precraft 2.0 problem where many were able to grab tons of mods (at a 100% drop rate) and upgrade them (at more than half the current cost).

I hope you are still considering addressing these two big issues (as well as the use/rarity of Cantina Energy to farm the mods in the first place).