Mods Appreciation: LIMITED-TIME EVENT - *MEGATHREAD*

Replies

• Aragnis
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Please revert back to 100% Mod 5 drop for third fight : some people have taken a huge advantage dropping dozens of max mods while others were not available to play or were unlocking nodes. We have to use crappy mods and drop interesting mods 5% of the time while facing in pvp or GW people full with mod 5.

I supported the game for months, waiting for it to get better and in some areas it has.

But it has become more a more time consuming, with frustration and that's coming from someone who has completed 99% of his GW for months : I hate to have to spend almost an hour to finish the GW, that is a phone game guys. Because of credits I can't afford passing on GW.

I liked the game a lot, I spent money but now I am on the verge to stop because "frustration >>> pleasure".
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    The opportunity to spend more money? Gee thanks... Nope!
  • Options
    I still can't see the event? Is it live yet?
  • DaniB32
    196 posts Member
    Options
    23rd now still dont see a limted timed event or anything.
  • Synfreak
    277 posts Member
    Options
    Did anybody actually receive 350k today? Or is it 350k once and that's it?
  • Options
    DaniB32 wrote: »
    23rd now still dont see a limted timed event or anything.

There's no event to see. It's just what they are calling it. Free Mod removal, a little **** in your inbox and cheaper upgrades.
  • Options
    Apparently, "instant upgrade increased" for mod appreciation event but has it?

I have clicked upgrade over 30 times and not once did it instantly upgrade to next level.

Have you guys experienced a change?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I have clicked upgrade over 30 times and not once did it instantly upgrade to next level.

Yes I have first few I did skipped right over 13. And I've had a few go from 14 to 15 in one payment.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Don't know why anyone would complain; only complaint is how come we can only buy the special crystal packs once? Most business offer bulk purchases; can we get a discount if we purchase 100 or more maybe? Can our guild buy bulk, say several thousand collectively? Got to be worth some kind of discount.
  • Options
    Least you could have done:

1) double down cantina rewards for shards and mods
    2) 100% drop rate for mods
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    Not requiring credits to remove mods is nice.
    I took the opportunity to remove my best mods from my arena team and equipped them on other toons to three star the speed mod challenge and the whole LS/DS hard mode map.
  • Options
    Speaking for myself, generally, I like the game; it's mostly fun with some challenge. But then I don't expect to come in 1st. Just playing the game has enjoyment...it's my opinion that most people up in arms expect to be 1st with little to no investment. Clearly, an unreasonable expectation. Clearly an entitlement attitude, at the expense of the neighbor. "I want mine, and forget yours."

So let me restate, just playing the game is enjoyable to me[b/]. I don't feel a need to be the top dog. And btw, there can only be one on a shard in a timezone. Everyone else is second. Expecting to be #1, or top 10, or top 100 should be for the elite gamer (and none of these should be f2p).

So to summarize, small investors or f2p, have no right to expect an easy time in a challenging game of competition from around the world.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    I got the login rewards yesterday but not today ?
  • Options
    Nich0142 wrote: »
    Suggest removing the end date on this time period.

Or at least remove the cost to change mods.
  • Options
    Also agreed this does nothing for those of us who have to spend three times as much and as long to get the original drop rates and mod level increases
  • Options
    Remorhaz wrote: »
    Next to nothing is about what I expected from EA and they delivered. Glad I've never spent any money on this game or I'd be furious.

Free to play all the way!
  • Options
    Ok time for my rant too I guess (not that EA cares):
    1) If keeping my GUILD together meant not getting mods and some paltry fake apology credits, I would gladly give them up
    2) the one part of the game daily I looked forward to was GW you have now made a nightmare and took a lot of energy away from caring anymore. You heard what most people requested and still say WE DONT care. I'm trying to hold onto the fun of this game but it's not easy anymore
  • Options
    Thank you @EA_Jesse!
  • TreTuna
    155 posts Member
    Options
    Speaking for myself, generally, I like the game; it's mostly fun with some challenge. But then I don't expect to come in 1st. Just playing the game has enjoyment...it's my opinion that most people up in arms expect to be 1st with little to no investment. Clearly, an unreasonable expectation. Clearly an entitlement attitude, at the expense of the neighbor. "I want mine, and forget yours."

So let me restate, just playing the game is enjoyable to me[b/]. I don't feel a need to be the top dog. And btw, there can only be one on a shard in a timezone. Everyone else is second. Expecting to be #1, or top 10, or top 100 should be for the elite gamer (and none of these should be f2p).

So to summarize, small investors or f2p, have no right to expect an easy time in a challenging game of competition from around the world.

Haha, I've had so many excellent battle with you Huck, I'm Shiloch in game. I remember battling with you constantly for the first 4 months or so, now I slip back to the 30s a lot. Always been fun in our top 20.
    461-112-993
    Looking for allies level 40+
  • Options
    Everyone else is second. Expecting to be #1, or top 10, or top 100 should be for the elite gamer (and none of these should be f2p).

Having money, does not make you an "elite gamer"
  • Options
    I've gotten no gift 350K in my inbox today (Saturday), even after a restart. Got one yesterday. Is there a certain time it's coming today?
  • Options
    This is great I guess..but GW is still broken
  • Options
    I've gotten no gift 350K in my inbox today (Saturday), even after a restart. Got one yesterday. Is there a certain time it's coming today?
    Haven't got mine either... Every day a new surprise...
  • Hambone
    79 posts Member
    Options
    Can't be bothered to keep up any more -- as giving feedback to devs is obviously a complete waste of time -- but wanted to share a guildmate's take on "appreciation."

It's like we were sold a lovely bouquet of roses (Mods 1.0). Then, the folks that sold them to us jumped us in a dark alleyway, beat us up, and stole them back. And then ran them over with a truck, gathered the crushed remnants up, and tied a lovely bow around them. Now, they're trying to sell them back to us at a 10% discount (for the truck, and perhaps the mugging) plus an extra 25% markup for the lovely new bow.

"Appreciation." And yes, I do very much appreciate it exactly in the spirit in which it was offered.
  • Options
    350K finally showed up around 10:30am PST. Just had to restart game then.
  • Options
    Once again I make my way to the forums to lol at the way people who PAY for this game are treated.

Here's a few credits over three days guys.... And btw spend more money on our junk packs.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Yes I have first few I did skipped right over 13. And I've had a few go from 14 to 15 in one payment.

I've had 2 mods go from level 12 to 15 with one x10 upgrade
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Synfreak wrote: »
    Nope. I got it yesterday, but not today. I guess it's another WAI.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse

I want to give some feedback and I'll be as constructive as possible. Hopefully the team is still working on the Mods and we'll have an update later today.

1. This Mod Weekend: I appreciate the gesture and I'm sure the intentions were good. When you look at it from the community's perspective, it's difficult to take I think. One, we have major credit issues. The 350K is cool but in actuality that upgrade 1 1/2 Mods for me, maybe others will have better luck. The gear shipment is not good in actuality. I bought a few the last time it was available and it drops a lot of gear that is easily farmed. If it dropped raid-store only gear it would be more reasonable, but otherwise it's a waste. The extra credits upon purchase can be helpful, but I think the game is in a state in-which people are more hesitant to spend money. Good gesture but bad timing I think as many of us are waiting to see more good-will from EA's side. We've all lost a lot of guild members over the last two weeks; people quitting because of recent changes is a legitimate issue.

2. The price of upgrading a Mod is very prohibitive to progressing characters in the game. We seriously need a more substantial source of daily credits that we can EARN that doesn't have any special squads or anything required. Something that is truly open to any player with modestly farmed level 80 characters. With some of the content (e.g. Scoundrel event, Yoda Event, Mod Challenges) requiring specific teams; it is almost impossible to prepare characters for those events from a starting point of zero within a reasonable amount of time. What's the point of having all this great content if it's impossible to play?

3. Why are the secondary stats so random? Why not just make version A have one set of stats, version B have one set of stats, etc? I feel like I'm scratching a lottery ticket every time I upgrade a Mod. If we know what the Mod is going to provide once upgraded, then we can at least save money not upgrading it if we know it doesn't have stats that we want.

4. Is it possible to choose between having stat increases as an integer or a percent and be consistent for all stats in the same manner? For instance, I have a couple characters in-which I'm trying to increase their speed. I have some HP Mods with speed increases represented as an integer and I have gained good speed from them. I thought to myself, now that I've unlocked the Speed Mod challenge; I can get speed mods and make my characters even faster than the HP Mods. I was wrong, I found that the speed set bonus is rather irrelevant in comparison. Is it logical that I should better boost my character's speed by giving them HP mods rather than speed Mods? An HP mod should give HP, a speed Mod should give speed, and so on. I know there's been debate on the forums about whether the stats bonuses should be integer or percentage; I don't care, I just feel they should be consistent across the board.

My criticism is meant to be constructive as I very much enjoy the game and want to see it be successful. Thanks - J

Edit:
    5. What's the point of the Mod Battles when to be competitive you pretty much need tier 4 and 5 Mods?

Brought up a lot of good points, however, i dont mind the randomness of second stats, if we could chose our own stats everyone would just go for the best, and this way there is more excitement when you get a good roll. The fact that you have to gamble a little bit just adds more to the credit deficiency issue.

This is a very nice gesture, but it is a short term solution to the credit chunch issue, there should be more ways to earn credits. We use to have profit mining, which was a good idea if executed better. Also buying credits is waste, 85 gems for 67 credits is not worth it, but if it was anymore worth it it would be unfair for the ftp, so that cancels that out.

Back to our poverty-stricken issue....
  • Options
    DarthSLR wrote: »
    Synfreak wrote: »
    Nope. I got it yesterday, but not today. I guess it's another WAI.
    Oops, spoke too soon. Come 11:30am PST, restarted the game, and lo and behold, come 350K.