Mods Appreciation: LIMITED-TIME EVENT - *MEGATHREAD*

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse

I want to give some feedback and I'll be as constructive as possible. Hopefully the team is still working on the Mods and we'll have an update later today.

1. This Mod Weekend: I appreciate the gesture and I'm sure the intentions were good. When you look at it from the community's perspective, it's difficult to take I think. One, we have major credit issues. The 350K is cool but in actuality that upgrade 1 1/2 Mods for me, maybe others will have better luck. The gear shipment is not good in actuality. I bought a few the last time it was available and it drops a lot of gear that is easily farmed. If it dropped raid-store only gear it would be more reasonable, but otherwise it's a waste. The extra credits upon purchase can be helpful, but I think the game is in a state in-which people are more hesitant to spend money. Good gesture but bad timing I think as many of us are waiting to see more good-will from EA's side. We've all lost a lot of guild members over the last two weeks; people quitting because of recent changes is a legitimate issue.

2. The price of upgrading a Mod is very prohibitive to progressing characters in the game. We seriously need a more substantial source of daily credits that we can EARN that doesn't have any special squads or anything required. Something that is truly open to any player with modestly farmed level 80 characters. With some of the content (e.g. Scoundrel event, Yoda Event, Mod Challenges) requiring specific teams; it is almost impossible to prepare characters for those events from a starting point of zero within a reasonable amount of time. What's the point of having all this great content if it's impossible to play?

3. Why are the secondary stats so random? Why not just make version A have one set of stats, version B have one set of stats, etc? I feel like I'm scratching a lottery ticket every time I upgrade a Mod. If we know what the Mod is going to provide once upgraded, then we can at least save money not upgrading it if we know it doesn't have stats that we want.

4. Is it possible to choose between having stat increases as an integer or a percent and be consistent for all stats in the same manner? For instance, I have a couple characters in-which I'm trying to increase their speed. I have some HP Mods with speed increases represented as an integer and I have gained good speed from them. I thought to myself, now that I've unlocked the Speed Mod challenge; I can get speed mods and make my characters even faster than the HP Mods. I was wrong, I found that the speed set bonus is rather irrelevant in comparison. Is it logical that I should better boost my character's speed by giving them HP mods rather than speed Mods? An HP mod should give HP, a speed Mod should give speed, and so on. I know there's been debate on the forums about whether the stats bonuses should be integer or percentage; I don't care, I just feel they should be consistent across the board.

My criticism is meant to be constructive as I very much enjoy the game and want to see it be successful. Thanks - J

Edit:
    5. What's the point of the Mod Battles when to be competitive you pretty much need tier 4 and 5 Mods?

Well put. To touch on 2 things,

Point 4. Speed is only available in one spot and that spot has other advantages to it since it has a list of possible stats. So a set of speed mods while giving less could give you some bonus and allow you to open up a spot. But the set should be reduced to 2 to make up for the fact that the bonus is fairly low.

Point 5. I think too many ppl are looking at this content from the top and not remember the road to get here. To a lvl 50 player those mods will be a very helpful base to build up upon as they grow.

Not sure I understand your point 4. I've tried equivalent Speed set mods and HP Mods that had more speed on them and the HP are better for speed than the so-called "speed" mods.

RE 5: I can see your point with that one.

I think he means that the arrow can have +speed in the primary stat slot and it's pretty large (+30 or so) compared to the other primary stats.
  • Options
    Why can't EA/CG just say "we're sorry"

The more you avoid the responsibility, the more we players shall asks for compensation.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Cool game. 300 crystals plus 1 night refresh in cantina equals 3 unexciting mods with bad stats.

Really enjoyed the last one when I spent 200 crystals, did a multisim for 8 battles and received zero mods.
  • Troy
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Take what you can. Give nothing back. Yo Ho
  • Heina
    110 posts Member
    Options
    why not make the mod removals free, permanently??
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    there's restitution and then there's ... well, this.
  • Options

Forty acres and a mule

Oh wait. No one got that.
  • Options
    So many great posts here, and not even any response to any of it in the Community Update or a response from @EA_Jesse or others in this thread. Is it really too much to ask for the Devs to at least respond to our concerns?
  • Options
    this was good ****. finally got to play the game a little bit today. A+
  • Finnien
    24 posts Member
    Options
    So they double the price to upgrade mods, cut the drop rate to 1/9 of what it started at, then send us less credits than the increase in cost of a single mod as 'appreciation'. It's pretty clear exactly how much they appreciate us and our feedback.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    Tommy, Can you hear me... Tommy.... Tommy
  • Options
    Well that's it the guild I'm with has had enough. 11 people just left and the leader just quit the game. Anyone in need of a lvl 78 with a semi decent roster? It's been nothing but trouble the last week or so and most of them found this update an insult minus the 350k
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Not sure what people were expecting... millions of credits ?? Cmon reality check

Best part of this is the free mod removal... wanted a full refresh as most of mine were rushed... also we dont know what day 2 and 3 rewards are... people are assuming 350k again...

They stated its 350k all three days of the event, bro.
  • Options
    Smurphy88 wrote: »
    Well that's it the guild I'm with has had enough. 11 people just left and the leader just quit the game. Anyone in need of a lvl 78 with a semi decent roster? It's been nothing but trouble the last week or so and most of them found this update an insult minus the 350k

Send me a pm with your ally code if you still need a guild Smurphy88. Sorry bout your guild.
  • Remorhaz
    149 posts Member
    Options
    Next to nothing is about what I expected from EA and they delivered. Glad I've never spent any money on this game or I'd be furious.
  • Options
    kejmo wrote: »
    Is it so hard to just add one "0" on every credit income ingame ? There you go, the simplest possible way of fixing this credit mess.

Sigh...

Yeah, except more than likely they would add it on the front and tell you to enjoy!
    "Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • Options
    Still need to fix the power ratings to account for mods. So tired of getting wiped out in arena at level 50 with no mods by teams that I used to be competitive with but turns out they are much stronger than it shows
  • Options
    Totally underwhelmed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse

I want to give some feedback and I'll be as constructive as possible. Hopefully the team is still working on the Mods and we'll have an update later today.

1. This Mod Weekend: I appreciate the gesture and I'm sure the intentions were good. When you look at it from the community's perspective, it's difficult to take I think. One, we have major credit issues. The 350K is cool but in actuality that upgrade 1 1/2 Mods for me, maybe others will have better luck. The gear shipment is not good in actuality. I bought a few the last time it was available and it drops a lot of gear that is easily farmed. If it dropped raid-store only gear it would be more reasonable, but otherwise it's a waste. The extra credits upon purchase can be helpful, but I think the game is in a state in-which people are more hesitant to spend money. Good gesture but bad timing I think as many of us are waiting to see more good-will from EA's side. We've all lost a lot of guild members over the last two weeks; people quitting because of recent changes is a legitimate issue.

2. The price of upgrading a Mod is very prohibitive to progressing characters in the game. We seriously need a more substantial source of daily credits that we can EARN that doesn't have any special squads or anything required. Something that is truly open to any player with modestly farmed level 80 characters. With some of the content (e.g. Scoundrel event, Yoda Event, Mod Challenges) requiring specific teams; it is almost impossible to prepare characters for those events from a starting point of zero within a reasonable amount of time. What's the point of having all this great content if it's impossible to play?

3. Why are the secondary stats so random? Why not just make version A have one set of stats, version B have one set of stats, etc? I feel like I'm scratching a lottery ticket every time I upgrade a Mod. If we know what the Mod is going to provide once upgraded, then we can at least save money not upgrading it if we know it doesn't have stats that we want.

4. Is it possible to choose between having stat increases as an integer or a percent and be consistent for all stats in the same manner? For instance, I have a couple characters in-which I'm trying to increase their speed. I have some HP Mods with speed increases represented as an integer and I have gained good speed from them. I thought to myself, now that I've unlocked the Speed Mod challenge; I can get speed mods and make my characters even faster than the HP Mods. I was wrong, I found that the speed set bonus is rather irrelevant in comparison. Is it logical that I should better boost my character's speed by giving them HP mods rather than speed Mods? An HP mod should give HP, a speed Mod should give speed, and so on. I know there's been debate on the forums about whether the stats bonuses should be integer or percentage; I don't care, I just feel they should be consistent across the board.

My criticism is meant to be constructive as I very much enjoy the game and want to see it be successful. Thanks - J

Edit:
    5. What's the point of the Mod Battles when to be competitive you pretty much need tier 4 and 5 Mods?

Well put. To touch on 2 things,

Point 4. Speed is only available in one spot and that spot has other advantages to it since it has a list of possible stats. So a set of speed mods while giving less could give you some bonus and allow you to open up a spot. But the set should be reduced to 2 to make up for the fact that the bonus is fairly low.

Point 5. I think too many ppl are looking at this content from the top and not remember the road to get here. To a lvl 50 player those mods will be a very helpful base to build up upon as they grow.

Not sure I understand your point 4. I've tried equivalent Speed set mods and HP Mods that had more speed on them and the HP are better for speed than the so-called "speed" mods.

RE 5: I can see your point with that one.

On point 4. I just mean to say you could get a speed bonus with the set bonus and still have the arrow slot to put in a different stat you want. I don't like that the set bonus is at 4 and not 2 mods. They should all be 2 mod set bonuses, especially with the low %for set bonus.
  • Options
    QuiteDrunk wrote: »
    Karfax wrote: »
    wow... just wow "but hey, by the new galactic pack".
    in 7 days this is all they can come up with? that's the nail in the coffin for me. horrific response it's like they haven't even heard us! And it's clear that if they have then they turn a blind eye to everything wrong with the game, only the parts that make $$$$$ are the ones that matter and work.

this is what is happening @ EA right now.

EA/CG made several rapid changes that all appear to have backfired spectacularly, and are engaged in what my company calls "circling the wagons" while they try to recover from a very public ****-show.

This means that comms go dark, changes are frozen until a concise and effective fix can be delivered, and the customer/community is given time to absorb what has already been done and "cool off" while they find a way to address the elephant(s) in the room without impacting profitability or long-term plans.

I believe that they are reading everything posted both hear here and over on the official forums. I believe that they are working towards a solution that will address some part of the issues that were introduced with Mods. I believe that they will say exactly zero things until their communication plan is established, ratified, and approved by senior management.

edit: I hate typos that make it through spellcheck

coppied from reddit OP ReverendSaintJay.

This sounds like a really good plan. I hope that communication comes with an apology. As far as reparations, I can't imagine a solution that would unify the whole player base. At least this communication shows that they are not just ignoring us. Let's see what days two and three bring.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Cool game. 300 crystals plus 1 night refresh in cantina equals 3 unexciting mods with bad stats.

Really enjoyed the last one when I spent 200 crystals, did a multisim for 8 battles and received zero mods.

This +1.087% and three amounts and things to be exposed after you pay me credits.

Worst 200 refresh. Max multisim no mods. Stop really?!?
  • Options
    So been playing for a little bit over a month, and after the mod incident i decided to read what the forums have to say and dear god EA/CG you guys are on your way to fully killing your player base. I witnessed the same greed and lack of community interaction when i played Rage of Bahamut (the game went from millions of registered and 100s of thousand active players to a wasteland when the "I don't care train came". Game burnt me so bad I'm very cautious about spending money on new mobile games (was not a whale in that game but did spend about 250$ to 300$ a month for its competitive nature). So back to the topic at hand they milked the players to the brink very comparable like the way you guys are doing here (terrible pack rng and almost no resource yield unless you paid money for event materials. They were a top IOS & Android APP now they are just a forgotten memory for some and a shameful transaction list for others. You are never to big to be forgotten in the mobile game market (even if you are Star Wars related) people can only take so much before they crack and bad word of mouth goes a long way.

I have dropped about 25$ in this game waiting to see how it takes care of its customers before I jump to larger spending (but will not now due to this very bad relationship between the EA/CG and player sides. Main reason why I still play is my Dad is the one that got me playing and he is a Big star wars fan and loves this game but he too will no longer put money in this games (its all going to pokemon go now "he pokemon hunts with his grand kids and I") There is no trust here for US to spend money on you.

As for the Mods (don't care much for the new stats the older ones were great for PVE content) don't have to hear my pops get grumpy about getting Nuked by Jawas in the game.

All I ask is sort your mess, and listen a bit you will make more money if there is an established trust between your customers. sorry about the rant just wanted to vent since crystal pack is expiring tomorrow and I wont be buying it again (please give me a reason too)
  • Options
    If they at least gave you a 75% mod drop people would not complain. I spent 300 energy and didn't get a single mod. That's just ridiculous. I understand that they're trying to make money and that's why I have spent about 500 dollars to help make the game better only to see a steady decrease. I've heard many people complain and threatened to stop playing all together which is a shame. This was truly one of the best games I've downloaded and now I regret spending money which I would have never said before this. Thanks for nothing EA. I hope you're happy with losing a fan base and find suckers to replace the once faithful players
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Pathologic wrote: »

Why would they fix the drop rate. They increased it on the first day, not decreased it later.

Sorry, but that's just plain wrong. The drop rate started out at 100%. When it became obvious how OP the mods were, they reduced the drop rate drastically the day after mods came out and prior to actually nerfing them.
  • Options
    Mods take too much energy to farm because the drop rate of a 5dot is so poor.Fix it and people will start farming them again. Until then it is shards from Cantina. Which makes the whole Mod system you created kind of a waste of space? Do you actually read the forums to see the complaints or do you just guess?
  • Options
    DJC_Chris wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse Thanks, the effort is appreciated. Can I suggest looking into some of the tiered mod challange tables as I find some of the team comps a bit strange. There are 3 tables that in order to complete tier 3 which is the only one worth doing you need 5 characters and with the first order, Resitance and jawa characters of which there are only 5 of each available. I am a big spender but even I don't have the likes of Finn, First Order Stormtrooper, Datcha etc maxed because they are useless in every other game mode so by having the tables set to these factions it's basically forcing me to farm these useless characters that I'm never going to use in order to unlock these mods. Other factions such as droids, have more characters that people are more likely to have because they are useful. Also if we are going down the faction specific route then every character should have a faction. The likes of Gamorrean Guard, Couruscant Police etc do not currently have one.

Also my biggest gripe is that mods need their own energy. It is impossible to farm both character shards from cantina and mods because in order to unlock and 3 star the mod tables you need decent characters and the place to farm many of these is from cantina battles so please I urge you to look into this and consider giving mods their own energy

The other thing that needs addressing is the drop rate of mods because hundreds of people got hundreds of tier 5 mods when the drop rate was 100% and that has left the rest of us miles behind. The drop rate should be put back up to 100% for the challenge tables because whether or not you want to address the GW issue or not 75% of my guild now cannot complete it every day due to facing fully modded teams from node 6 onwards and because they did not take advantage of the 100% drop rate they are now falling even further behind because they cannot get the credits they need to advance every day. At least with 100% drop rates you could pretty quickly get 2 or 3 decently modded teams together to give half a chance of completing GW whereas at the moment for many players there is zero chance of completing it

Thanks for reading and I hope you take the time to consider the points I have made.

Here, here!
    Can this be it's own thread cos these are really great points that I think a lot of us can agree with.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Options
    I understand that the 100% drop rate was a bad idea from the beginning, but at least get rid of the 3* and 4* mods on the tier 3 challenge. The cost of upgrading a mod should be rolled back to his original cost, that's just unfair.

Aside of that, thank you for the 350K, but that will not solve the main issues:
    Give a person a fish, and he can eat for one day.
    Give a person the neccesary tools to catch fishes, and he can eat everyday.

With the 2 points above addressed ( remove 3* and 4* mods, and reduce th level up cost) I think most people will be pleased.
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    Options
    Go_Blue wrote: »
    So many great posts here, and not even any response to any of it in the Community Update or a response from @EA_Jesse or others in this thread. Is it really too much to ask for the Devs to at least respond to our concerns?

Of course.

When they need to ban/delete posts/warn someone (*blinks at his new avatar*) then they are first in line.

When they need to listen to people, they play dead/non-existence/etherealness/ascendance/whatever you call it. Not to say, ignorance.

Childish behaviour that is devouring itself. Childish even more that these proffessionals don't see that they are destroying the hand that feeds them.