Where is Credit Heist Event? (Merged threads)

Replies

• Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Yup, and let's stop there, because we're not gonna be discussing moderation (against the Forum Guidelines).

Yep absolutely, don't want to distract from the main issue here.
  • Options
    Ugluk wrote: »
    They're doing the usual thing, and merging threads. Wouldn't be such a big deal if people ever read the forums to see if there was a thread already started on their topic.

Yup, and let's stop there, because we're not gonna be discussing moderation (against the Forum Guidelines).

Yes Sir. Of course Sir.
  • Options
    Unimatrix wrote: »
    So what's the plan, devs? "exclusive event" for Oceania and Asian timezone folks?
    Don't tell us you can't do it.. Cause obviously you guys just did it.

Good idea. Clearly technically possible too, seeing as they just ran it properly for America.
    A 3 hour window for Asia? Hilarious.
    How on earth do they take something that is functioning and break it?
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    That can happen - and to be honest after the notification messup yesterday, they should have seen this coming.

What isn't acceptable is the complete radio silence on the issue.
  • Options
    Hmm seems my post was deleted along with the other thread. Confirmed no credit heist was visible for me when I went to bed at 12:30am 25/08 New Zealand time and when I checked at 8:30am. Still hoping for a fair go and some solution to this. Will have missed out on 1-2m credits.
  • Options
    I'm on mobile. Is there anyway anyone can tag all developers forum nick so they can note and address this.. Or at least comment.

How about that ShaolinPunk? Can you in your begotten souped up powers assist us mortals?
  • Options
    Hiya! UPDATES.
    As stated, this event will be pushed within the hour and also run longer than usual to give enough time for the players who would’ve missed it had it started on time.

EDIT- The event should be up. Go getcher self some credits!

@CG_Kozispoon you must be joking right? Is a 3 hour window where the timezone is deep in REM sleep is called also run longer than usual to give enough to time for what? To sleep? Folks in Asia are apparently not meant to sleep from 3am to 7am and wait for the game and it's heist? I wonder if this is what you meant by run longer... I shiver at the thought of it running its normal length, perhaps from 3am - 5am?

Should we be thanking you?

Ps: it has a sacarsm placard on it
    Pps: it's not meant as a joke
    Ppps: maybe it is meant as a joke?
    Pppps: maybe not, but your quote is a joke
    Ppppps: I meant you Quote not you.
    Pppppps: maybe cg?
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm on mobile. Is there anyway anyone can tag all developers forum nick so they can note and address this.. Or at least comment.

How about that ShaolinPunk? Can you in your begotten souped up powers assist us mortals?

Haha, I wish I had powers that cool. The devs post whenever they have something to say, but that's up to them. Based on the forum activity today, I'm pretty sure they know this happened. Give it time friends.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Hiya.. Right now things are being looked at. We hear you.

Nothing has been deleted (unless it violates the forum guidelines).. So please comment in this thread if you are experiencing problems.

Just stay within the rules.. I understand the frustration, but.. Just stay with the rules. :|

Thanks.
  • AbeTheFearless
    109 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    just had a guild mate post in our line chat that he got to do the heist twice. he's in Norway. wondering if we will all get 2 shots at it or not.

thanks
  • Unimatrix
    283 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thank you for the response.

*I removed some comments that do not conform to forum rules - unimatrix*

Are you considering giving players who missed the events to do the event at all?
  • Options
    This is something that is bothering me for some time now and the not appearing credit heist event in some parts of the world is the next in a series of issues that lets me think as a customer in Asia, that users here matter less.

While I am sure there is no bad intention from the the development, we all know that Star Wars is a very international brand, pushed into every part of this world by Disney, the game got advertised and is continuing being advertised in app stores around the world, and EA keeps country specific websites up to date around the world. So the same should happen with game related events.

So far notifications are completely misaligned with when stuff really happens. Like event reminders appear when the day/event is almost over (assault battles, omega battles), or appear to late in general (double reward days), preventing people from parts of the world, where the day starts much earlier, in participating effectively in such events.

Also the duration of the events and especially sudden changes should be chosen in a manner, which gives everybody a fair chance to participate in it. That the credit heist and other events are more aligned with the customers time zone is a good step forward and I hope that this becomes the standard for all events.

But in cases like the not appearing credit heist, where the developers acted fast and even decided to make it longer, I hope to see more awareness for the rest of the world, where the event probably only appeared for a few hours when everybody was sleeping. Something like "how does this event/change affect a player in Australia" should be part of every rollout check list.

It may seem childish to complain about something like credits, but because resources are kept short, people are very sensible, if others get something they cant get. It is the ecosystem that was created within this game and people react accordingly.

Despite the criticism this is a great game and thanks to guilds I found gaming buddies all over the world. Now I would like to see that the game also can cater an international player base in every aspect of it.
  • Options
    This thread needs to be kept within their vision at the top of the list.
  • Options
    Thank you for the response.

*I removed some comments that do not conform to forum rules - unimatrix*

Are you considering giving players who missed the events to do the event at all?
    No.. I was trying to tell people that a few people went WAY outside of forum guidelines. (Like the post you quoted)

and asked that people respond in a civil manner. :|

Simple as that.

• Options
    Hi ea,

Let me summarise what happened with the credit heist in the last 24 hours around the world. In Australia and New Zealand (where j am and half my guild are) we all received notifications on our phones that credit heist eat on. This happened Wednesday morning around 10-11am. However no event ever showed up. Obviously I checked every hour or so because I desperately needed the credits. By 10:30pm wesndesay night there was still nothing. So I went to bed. I woke up at 7 to find that the credit heist event in Australia and New Zealand ran from 3am to 6am. Not 7am - 9pm like its meant to! So I was pretty annoyed I missed it given how often I checked for it. So most of Australia and New Zealand missed it as they slept.

My guild has members from both Australia and USA. So when I went on Line is discovered something which annoyed me even more. My east coast USA friends got their credit heist appearing around midday rubbing for around 12-14 hours depending on reports and with a refresh 3 hours before the event ended. Meaning they got to do the heist twice and get 2 million credits!

So to clarify Australia runs from 3-6am no one gets a go. USA runs during the day for half a day and most get to do it twice.

No idea what happened in west Asia and uk!

Honestly Ea this is such a good game but there are so many stuff ups like it.

Is ea planning on doing something to try and fix this error?

Please respond eajessie.
  • Options
    I hope I haven't been missing military might event...
  • Options
    Usually credit heist launched based on your local time, which is why we usually find out about it from forum or guild members in the eastern hemisphere. It seems something went wrong this time and that didn't happen. I would expect it will be fixed by the next time and some resolution figured out for this time as well.

The double rewards were announced very late for us as well (east coast USA). It was later addressed by making it last for a full 48 hours from launch time for everyone.

As for the rest, it seems to be based on loca time for the dev team in west coast USA. This does result in some weird timings for the rest of us.
  • Options
    2 million for some, 0 for others. I feel a compensation coming..... hopefully not chewie shards or 30 crystals
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hiya!
    The way the game is set up events start at local times. So, for example if an event begins at 12pm on August 24th It starts worldwide for that time regardless of region. This means other regions will see it first before others.
    This event wasn’t intended to run today, but the pop up announcement auto submitted to players, so our team decided to push the event. If we turn on an event when it was meant to be off, players may not see the event for its full duration, see it longer, or won't see it entirely. We can understand how frustrating that can be, but will be pushing the Credit Heist event next week which should be running over two days time.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Hiya!
    The way the game is set up events start at local times. So, for example if an event begins at 12pm on August 24th It starts worldwide for that time regardless of region. This means other regions will see it first before others.
    This event wasn’t intended to run today, but the pop up announcement auto submitted to players, so our team decided to push the event. If we turn on event when it was meant to be off, players may not see the event for its full duration, see it longer, or wont see it entirely. We can appreciate how frustrating that can be. but will be pushing the Credit Heist event next week which should be running over two days time.

so those who got more will get even more. common guys equallize
  • Options
    umm a guild mate in the US just posed 40 mins ago that Credit Heist is up, but down here in Australia I can can only see Emperors Demise and Training Droids. I have been checking every thirty mins since I work up 4hrs ago.

He is on IOS and I am on Android

Is there something else going on that is not intended?
  • Options
    also why next week? I need the credits now for Emperor's Demise :) ... and I have already spent a bunch of cash buying packs and extra crystals for farming, so I was counting on at least 1 heist before ED closes in 4 days
  • Options
    Hiya!
    This event wasn’t intended to run today, but the pop up announcement auto submitted to players, so our team decided to push the event. If we turn on an event when it was meant to be off, players may not see the event for its full duration, see it longer, or won't see it entirely. We can understand how frustrating that can be, but will be pushing the Credit Heist event next week which should be running over two days time.

So those in Australia miss out? This is more than frustrating.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • lytt
    26 posts Member
    Options
    Hiya!

Wow. That really is an awful response for players in New Zealand. Basically you're saying "You missed it this week, tough luck".
  • Options
    Hiya!

Two days time is great!

Many thanks Kozispoon!
  • Options
    Additional 2.million for some people. Nice..
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Hiya!

I appreciate the spot you're in, and the 2-day run time next week will be appreciated, but credit compensation to those who miss the event is what will get you out of this mess. Ultimately this is a competitive game - and the run times where some countries get 2 full passes at the credit event, and other countries don't see it at all, means you've just handed a 2M credit competitive advantage to the Americas over Asia and Oceania. Fix this accidental favouritism with compensation, and the grumbling will go away. Simple.
  • Options
    Common guys. Dont make an excuse everytime you mess up. Why would you even decide to push if most of the players wont be able to do it??!!
  • Options
    Lol nice one guys. Who the hell wakes up at 6am in my country to play this game. Apparently the devs think they are many.
  • Options
    Hiya!

How is this fair for the people who missed out?
    What makes it worse is some people got to double dip and get 2 million credits. It's simply not right