Where is Credit Heist Event? (Merged threads)

Replies

• Options
    Wasn't meant to be today, but we pushed it anyway. That means people will miss out but we did it anyway. Let's try again next week.
  • Options
    Would have made a lot more sense to say sorry we stuffed up an announcement. Have a chewie shard
  • Options
    Sad.... If all of my competitors in T10 arena was in AP (Oceania) fair enough but i am competing against guys from USA who now have 2 mill extra for EP and Vader... Not Happy JAN!!!
  • Options
    It was opened in 4:00~8:00am local time when everybody is in sleeping. It is a joke, right? EA?
  • Options
    This is not considerate at all to decide to push the event in such a rush, but not to realize that for some regions people are still sleeping.

EA/CG, I'm sure this is not the best you can do in terms of quality of decision..... or is it?
  • Options
    Acky649 wrote: »
    Hiya!
    The way the game is set up events start at local times. So, for example if an event begins at 12pm on August 24th It starts worldwide for that time regardless of region. This means other regions will see it first before others.
    This event wasn’t intended to run today, but the pop up announcement auto submitted to players, so our team decided to push the event. If we turn on an event when it was meant to be off, players may not see the event for its full duration, see it longer, or won't see it entirely. We can understand how frustrating that can be, but will be pushing the Credit Heist event next week which should be running over two days time.

How is this fair for the people who missed out?
    What makes it worse is some people got to double dip and get 2 million credits. It's simply not right

Agreed on this. Double dip now and another double dip next week. Yippee doo dee..
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    Options
    bassgoing wrote: »
    It was opened in 4:00~8:00am local time when everybody is in sleeping. It is a joke, right? EA?

what, your guys sleep to 8am??? jealous. because for me it was opened 2-6am, and it's really impossible to meet the event.

now considering what happened recenetly.. like maybe EA has cut budget for this game?
    not any community update from 5/8, it's like 3 weeks ago.
    lack of consideration before started an event ( which hasnt happened b4)..
    and hvnt seen @EA_Jesse for some time, is he still in?

afterall, the version of this game is like 0.x.x, which means it is still being tested and developed. bugs are common.

but as a player, btw, i really want chewie shards..
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    jedii_2040 wrote: »
    EA this is a very bad project management.
    Probably you can share some info to the group for help. Seems your team is not up to the task.

People acting like this because the heist (which appears randomly) wasn't on their time schedule. This is why we can't have nice things.

Who are you, one of the fake accounts for devs. There is a process for everything things. All over here knows that when the notification comes and when the event starts.

What exactly good are you speaking of. Read the forum, you will find hundreds of defects.
  • Nairda
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The credit heist message in our inboxes states the event runs for 15 hours. Sounds like it was available for about 2 hours this morning. ****?
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    It's not the bug itself, but the response to the bug that's the issue. Things went wrong, OK, this happens. You're going to ensure people get a good look at the event next week, that's a strong first step.

However if you ignore the people in the regions who missed out, whilst other regions (coincidently containing the location of the developers themselves) get to double dip? In an international game, that's treating a section of the world with contempt, and is the sort of thing that leads to accusations of bias.

Now, I'm not accusing anyone of a deliberate bias, but they should really think how something like this looks when they're working out what their response is. One strong update hasn't made everyone forget months of other mistakes.
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    EA this is a very bad project management.
    Probably you can share some info to the group for help. Seems your team is not up to the task.

People acting like this because the heist (which appears randomly) wasn't on their time schedule. This is why we can't have nice things.

Who are you, one of the fake accounts for devs. There is a process for everything things. All over here knows that when the notification comes and when the event starts.

What exactly good are you speaking of. Read the forum, you will find hundreds of defects.

1) You make exactly zero sense. You should read what you type out loud to yourself before you hit the "Post Comment" button. If English isn't your first language, go grab a bilingual buddy to proofread it for you before you post nonsensical gobbledygook aimed at punking someone else.

2) No, he's not a developer with a fake account. If you spent time on the forums and read what he posts, you'd see that. He's far more objective than an EA/CG plant with a fake account.

If you are going to bark up someone else's tree, make sure you get yourself in order first.
  • Options
    Hiya!
    The way the game is set up events start at local times. So, for example if an event begins at 12pm on August 24th It starts worldwide for that time regardless of region. This means other regions will see it first before others.
    This event wasn’t intended to run today, but the pop up announcement auto submitted to players, so our team decided to push the event. If we turn on an event when it was meant to be off, players may not see the event for its full duration, see it longer, or won't see it entirely. We can understand how frustrating that can be, but will be pushing the Credit Heist event next week which should be running over two days time.

I appreciate the honesty of this explanation, still it is a bitter pill to swallow. If there wouldnt be a credit shortage, people would care less, but unfortutantely there is one. I hope there will be improvements made that such misscommunications within the game doesnt happen again and then when you decide to prolong an event, that you make it long enough, that everybody can enjoy it, no matter of the time zone.
  • Options
    I'm in the uk and got 2 heists and I have had an advantage. Everyone who only got one heist should get 1 million compensation. Those who missed out 2.

Why don't they just give everyone in the effected times zones 2 million whether they managed a heist or not. It's virtual money! Ea show them some love and they buy crystals from you next month!

I suspect the usual lazy communication silence will come into force. Poor show EA!
  • Options
    HIYA!

Just popping in here to say.. keep it on topic, civil and NOT about each other.
    (and within forum guidelines..)

I know this is a hot topic.. but let's not get TOO hot.

Thanks. :)
  • Options
    HIYA!

@BentWookiee you need an umpires outfit for days like these :)

• Options
    HIYA!

I would settle for a Hat. :|

• Options
    HIYA!

I would settle for a Hat. :|

Hard hat?? Appreciate what you do @BentWookiee

• Options
    @CG_Kozispoon , the event Has just started, but in my timezone, it shows to last for the next 10hrs, but will get reset in about 3,5hrs. Does it mean, that it can be accesed twice, now and after the reset ( within next 10 hrs)? If so, Will
    it be treated as cheating?

The credit heist can be reset at midnight where you should be able to play through once again, so this is not cheating as there should be a 4-time limit.
    In the meantime, I'm stuck on my first go-round. My scoundrels are so weak :neutral:

Cheers mate!
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Hiya!
    And what about those who didn't see it at all this time round?
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    When did this become an @BentWookiee Butter-up Fest??? Lol!
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Options
    Hiya!

This type of response absolutely makes no sense at all. If the event was not meant to be ON, why on earth would you turn it on for only a fraction of players in the first place? As in your own word, you were already aware of the fact that "players may not see the event for its full duration, see it longer, or won't see it entirely". Therefore, this unprofessional action was like adding the salt on the wound again. It was never a bug that made players so mad, but rather it was this type of ignorant action again and again which made it so intolerable. When a false notification like this occured, a simple statement like "We are sorry. This notification was an error. You will see the event in X days, etc." would have done the job.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    i wake up in the middle of the night to check shipments for raid gear haha.

**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    When did this become an @BentWookiee Butter-up Fest??? Lol!

Are you offering to spread Sun Tan lotion on me?

(I know it sounds exciting.. but TBH it mats my hair and I REALLY should stay out of the sun. I DO appreciate the offer though.. :# )

All I asked it to keep it civil and within the guidelines.

• Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    Options
    I have now set my alarm to go off every half hour so I don't miss EA events......
  • Options
    Are people really mad that we got an extra credit heist that the devs were nice enough to release because of the accidental notification? lol
  • Options
    People that got nothing due to the event only running for a few hours during their sleep time are mad - despite a notification. Pretty sure if it would happen the other way around, it would cause similar reactions.
  • Options
    All of us players in GMT+8 got a bad deal... Heist ran from 2:30am-6:30am... Entire guild lost out.
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The worst part was notification at 11am yesterday stating it was 'running'... And the it ran for us for 3 hours in the early morning.

Yes I was up, but I get my kids ready for school and get ready for work myself in the morning.... I didn't think to check for an event which runs for 15 hrs usually.
  • Options
    Having the Heist open for 2 days is great, even for us heavy sleepers.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Melkor wrote: »
    Hiya!

This type of response absolutely makes no sense at all. If the event was not meant to be ON, why on earth would you turn it on for only a fraction of players in the first place? As in your own word, you were already aware of the fact that "players may not see the event for its full duration, see it longer, or won't see it entirely". Therefore, this unprofessional action was like adding the salt on the wound again. It was never a bug that made players so mad, but rather it was this type of ignorant action again and again which made it so intolerable. When a false notification like this occured, a simple statement like "We are sorry. This notification was an error. You will see the event in X days, etc." would have done the job.
    Not only that, but it hasn't even occurred to them that it will run over some players reset enabling them to play it twice.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot