Where is Credit Heist Event? (Merged threads)

Replies

• Agi
    65 posts Member
    Options
    Guild mates in Europe/Usa got it twice (So 2mil for them) here not even seen once, could you guys moderating this game at least send us some credits or at least have it run again just for us to make things fair. The whole things might have been a mistake but nevertheless YOU are accountable for it not us and YOU must in a way amend for your misdoing NOT US.
  • Options
    To say players took advantage of an "exploit" and call it "shenanigans" is a bit unfair and crude. We didn't take advantage of anything; rather we played the game with the hand given us, exactly like the last credit heist event. We were NEVER told 1 shot only. In fact, I saw no rules listed for said event. There's always going to be in game activities against your assumed design/limits, so if you want players to be accountable you should list rules, in-game, on each event. Instead, you put the burden on your players to determine what is right from wrong.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    it is rather darn clear with the recent post that the devs are not going to bother looking into the APAC region getting scr ewed over with their recent mistake.
  • Options
    Maybe EA teams do this for show that heist is unexpected! I want u all can't. Expect!
  • Options
    Can anyone tell us what the latest on this is? Or is this a case of hoping it goes away?
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell us what the latest on this is? Or is this a case of hoping it goes away?
    They are ignoring us.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • truckasawrus
    5 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    OK, so I have to comment on this (this is the first time I have ever actually logged in to comment on something, but this has **** me off so much...). Yes this may be considered an old thread now, I don't care anymore.

So last week I created a Support Ticket to EA about the Credit Heist Event, this was what I said...

I'd like to understand what happened with the Credit Heist event of the 24th Aug. I was under the impression that the event was supposed to run for 12 hrs, it apparently opened at 3am in Australia for 3 hrs, according to my guild mates.
    In addition I am lead to believe that some other timezones (that I am forced to compete with) had access to the event twice!

I'm not happy about this at all and would appreciate an official response.
    It has taken a great deal of time and money for me to finally reach a point where I felt I could compete with the others on my 'shard' and for some people to get an advantage like this while others are cannot is not acceptable.
    Can you please advise what happened and how this is being addressed.

Kind regards,
    Dave

This was the reply i received...

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts world wide Customer Experience.

My name is Pradeep and I would assist you with your issue today.

I understand that you want to know about the credit heist event, don't worry we are here to help you. Please let me share that the credit heist event has been stopped in over a week due to the Emperors Demise event running.

For more information please stay tune on our official twitter page for new upcoming event.

Now that is an outright lie! The Credit Heist event did run during the Emperor's Demise event, twice for some people. I would really like to know if they have any plans to address this imbalance.
    I actually don't expect anything to come of this, but I don't like being lied to, so the only recourse I have is to vent my frustrations here, great.

I compete on an early Dec Arena shard with a bunch of massive Whales and while I don't think I really count as a Whale I have spent quite a bit on the game to try and stay afloat and mix it with these accounts. This sort of imbalance (with certain regions getting access to the biggest restriction item in the game - Credits) is simply not fair. I have over 12 Characters that I can't afford to Star up, let alone the numbers of characters that I can't afford to get to a higher level just so that I can equip gear to them so that they could be useful in some way.

I'm not happy Jan! (Jesse)

edited to remove image link
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    It's not a lie it's called incompetence.

Get used to it if you're contacting EA customer support for SWGoH.
  • lytt
    26 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You're lucky. I got the following response:

Thank you for contacting Electronics Arts Worldwide Experience.

My name is Nakul and I will be assisting you in this case.

I understand that you are facing issue with Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. To assist you further, I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps.

1) Close all the apps running in the background of your device.
    2) Try to switch between WiFi and 3G/4G.
    3) Restart your device and attempt to run the app again.
    If the issue persists, follow the link...

We have closed this case for now .
  • Options
    I just don't get it, why has this not been addressed, other regions got a bonus that the Asia/Oceania region it would seem did not get (3hrs between 3am and 6am is not really very fair). 2 million in credits would allow me to get Leia and at least another character up to 7*. The players that got access (for the full 12 or 15hrs) have a distinct advantage and that is just not fair.

I thought that writing to Support (I thought I was quite polite too) was the correct method to raise a concern about this sort of thing, to have a response that basically says, "it didn't happen, now go away and look at this shiny twitter post" that is categorically false, has **** me off to the point that I won't be spending anymore (I'm sure that won't really concern them), just wanted to have my say.
  • EnderU
    103 posts Member
    Options
    This hasn't been addressed because EA, unlike other companies, don't accept responsibility for their own incompetence, nor do they refund or recompense people as other games do when they make mistakes....
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    lytt wrote: »
    You're lucky. I got the following response:

Thank you for contacting Electronics Arts Worldwide Experience.

My name is Nakul and I will be assisting you in this case.

I understand that you are facing issue with Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. To assist you further, I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps.

1) Close all the apps running in the background of your device.
    2) Try to switch between WiFi and 3G/4G.
    3) Restart your device and attempt to run the app again.
    If the issue persists, follow the link...

We have closed this case for now .
    Could you imagine the drama a telecommunications company would get if their support was that bad? lol
  • Options
    HEY DID YOU PEOPLE GET THE DOUBLE CREDIT HEIST YET hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this game is a joke
  • Options
    Unfortunately it seems, that problems with the game in Asia are not worth for a follow up. This was for example different in the past, when GW became unplayable (killing toon bug). Mostly affected region was America, especially in Asia most people probably already did their GW. This caused huge complains on the forum and EA responded fast.

It seems a different priority this time, although the situation is similar. Of course it is a companies right to ignore regions with less revenue, but it sets a bad precedence for the future.
  • Options
    I just don't get it, why has this not been addressed.

Because we are a small market and not worth keeping happy, if they **** off their major market (the US) then this would have been fixed quickly.

And this is only one thread so it will disappear soon and everyone will forget about it.

Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Capt_Rex wrote: »
    Hello there,

So today I did twice receive notification about Credit Heist Event, but it is nowhere to be found in the game and restarting app did not help.
    Could You set it so that notification appears only when you can actually play the event or is something broken?

I would like to change place with you. When I saw the credit heist event a few days ago, there were only four hours left, no notification at all! Or I would have been able to get double rewards according to its remaining time.
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty clear that they consider that fixing the issue going forward should be good enough for those inconvenient customers that aren't in their own time zone.
  • Options
    It is not about being in their own timezone or not...
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Do tell
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    For people in asia, the advertised credit heist did run for 3-4 hours during the deep night only, while people in europe and the americas had a chance at do it even twice.

In the past when bugs and problems prevent people from doing an activity, cg reacted in some way for the lost opportunity, but in this case they didn't. Nobody would complain if the heist would have run as scheduled during the day like it did also before.
  • Options
    Unfortunately it seems, that problems with the game in Asia are not worth for a follow up. This was for example different in the past, when GW became unplayable (killing toon bug). Mostly affected region was America, especially in Asia most people probably already did their GW. This caused huge complains on the forum and EA responded fast.

It seems a different priority this time, although the situation is similar. Of course it is a companies right to ignore regions with less revenue, but it sets a bad precedence for the future.

Didn't they fix that GW bug but those who had lost their characters were still "out of luck" until GW reset the next day? It seems to be the same approach here.

I'm not trying to defend them, and I'm honestly sorry you guys missed out on it. That's not right and I'd be upset too. But I think it's damage done at this point and nothing will be done to fix it retroactively now.
  • Options
    They fixed it and looked with a different measure that people at least got something back for not finishing GW. Similar when there were other problems like this in the past. This doesnt happen here in contradiction tonall similar cases in the pastband the question is why.

At least an official statement (dev comment in another forum doesnt count) through an ingame message that the problem will not happen again and there will be a double event the following weak would be an appropriate action that I expect from a game of this size. But maybe my expectations are too high.
  • Options
    They fixed it and looked with a different measure that people at least got something back for not finishing GW. Similar when there were other problems like this in the past. This doesnt happen here in contradiction tonall similar cases in the pastband the question is why.

At least an official statement (dev comment in another forum doesnt count) through an ingame message that the problem will not happen again and there will be a double event the following weak would be an appropriate action that I expect from a game of this size. But maybe my expectations are too high.

I don't recall what people got back for that one - did they send out a mass apology to everyone in the game?

I also agree it is odd that so much dev communication happens on Reddit rather than here on the official forum.
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to defend them, and I'm honestly sorry you guys missed out on it. That's not right and I'd be upset too. But I think it's damage done at this point and nothing will be done to fix it retroactively now.

Doesn't make it right, we're paying customers ( well I was) and should be treated as a paying customer, which means fixing the problem for those affected - it can easily be fixed.
  • Options

I don't recall what people got back for that one - did they send out a mass apology to everyone in the game?

I also agree it is odd that so much dev communication happens on Reddit rather than here on the official forum.

There is usually something like "it appears there were some technical problems..."

I appreciate that you understand our point of view. :) Believe me, it was tough when you have guild members telling about the double event, and reading forum posts for people thanking the devs - while on your own app just nothing happenend.

If credits wouldnt be so scarce, people would care less. But this game has created an ecosystem, where people react very sensible on the lack of ressources.

• Options
    People here are talking about Europe...
    I am in Europe and did not get the announcement or event at all.
    Sickening incompetence.
  • Options
    Yeah I didn't get the event or any notification and I'm on GMT.
  • Sungsta
    163 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Didn't they fix that GW bug but those who had lost their characters were still "out of luck" until GW reset the next day? It seems to be the same approach here.

Hmmm.... All cg needs to do is to run an extra credits heist for those who missed out. Thats all that is needed really.

As for how do u determine who were the timezones that missed out? Well, I am sure cg can figure something out. Maybe in timezones where the event ended before 10am locally, or whatever time the credits heist usually begins in the morning. Or in places where the event didn't appear during the usual heist time of 10am to 7pm etc
  • Options
    Sungsta wrote: »

Hmmm.... All cg needs to do is to run an extra credits heist for those who missed out. Thats all that is needed really.

As for how do u determine who were the timezones that missed out? Well, I am sure cg can figure something out. Maybe in timezones where the event ended before 10am locally, or whatever time the credits heist usually begins in the morning. Or in places where the event didn't appear during the usual heist time of 10am to 7pm etc

Past practice has shown that they will not do so as it is too much effort. Usually these sort of bugs that affect only a portion of the games population get fixed with a blanket apology message to everyone with the same "apology crystals".

I'm not saying that's right and I'm not defending how this has all played out. I agree that you SHOULD all get your opportunity to make up for missing the event, but I'm just saying "don't hold your breath".
  • Options
    Sungsta wrote: »

Past practice has shown that they will not do so as it is too much effort. Usually these sort of bugs that affect only a portion of the games population get fixed with a blanket apology message to everyone with the same "apology crystals".

I'm not saying that's right and I'm not defending how this has all played out. I agree that you SHOULD all get your opportunity to make up for missing the event, but I'm just saying "don't hold your breath".

Hey, I just got the credits heist event, yay! I'm glad we didnt have to wait another 6-12 days from the one we missed!

....hmmm.. Maybe cg is listening big brother style, thank you cg !!! : )