The Galactic First Order Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    I've been calling for a very specific buff to FOST for a LONG time that would make him an intricate, viable, desirable, maybe even NECESSARY component of any good FO team:

ADD Critical Damage Up buff (2-3 turns) to his "The Order Relentless" special. You'd stop hearing complaints about Kylo being a wet noodle and how FOTP "should" be dealing more damage. Most FO characters have a massive health pool, so giving them defense up, advantage, and crit damage up would be something to revere...

I do also agree that more FO characters need to be introduced. I'd love to see a General Hux with a similar kit to Tarkin

That's a good suggestion but they could give him a taunt and maybe add critical damage to a random ally whenever he is hit like how st Han adds tm when he's hit
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    First Order Stormtrooper distributing critical damage up would instantly make him a lot more desirable while not being anywhere near too strong.

Additionally, coming from the Empire I love my Tarkin and would love a similar character in Hux.
  • Options
    First order has all of the things you need for a good synergy but they must be missing something to make them usable anyone know what that is if you do please tell me
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    First order has all of the things you need for a good synergy but they must be missing something to make them usable anyone know what that is if you do please tell me

I tried them in GW today to try and formulate some opinions.

First Order Tie Pilot has no health steal, ugh.....

First Order Stormtrooper has a useless special as discussed to death

First Order Officer needs to be less random with marching orders. He should just give out to the ally with the last turn meter so it's predictable.

Kylo Ren has no synergy at all with the first order...

• Qazeymoto2_1
    255 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Aero wrote: »

First Order Officer needs to be less random with marching orders. He should just give out to the ally with the last turn meter so it's predictable.

I hope the developers read that comment the first order needs some love because they are a recreation of the mighty empire (which I'm farming)
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

I hope the developers read that comment the first order needs some love because they are a recreation of the mighty empire (which I'm farming)

Hope you enjoy your Empire team!

The more and more I think about it the more I truly love the start of the Sequel Trilogy and I really hope they give this era in general some love.

It seems like First Order and Resistance are never considered for more characters. And even when adding other factions like say Scoundrels, I bet the Guavian death gang was never brought up.
  • Qazeymoto2_1
    255 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    A full resistance team is actually pretty good and can beat most teams with ease its first order that needs a buff
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    A full resistance team is actually pretty good and can beat most teams with ease its first order that needs a buff

Though I bet the majority of that is because Rey, similar to how Empire only held up somewhat due to RG (and now can more or less compete with EP).

But yes First Order has no true stand out.

What do you think about Kylo Ren getting a critical damage leader ability?
  • Qazeymoto2_1
    255 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I think phasma lead is aleady really good mabye if kylo got some advantage synergy and another first order character granted crit damage up to allies as a unique or special also increase kylo's damage.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma is definitely a great leader, but I like having options. Especially as more characters get added.

For instance Emperor Palpatine is obviously has a great Empire leader bonus, but Tarkin and Vader both have good leader abilities as well with a lot of merit of you decided to use either of them.
  • Options
    Phasma is definitely a great leader, but I like having options. Especially as more characters get added.

For instance Emperor Palpatine is obviously has a great Empire leader bonus, but Tarkin and Vader both have good leader abilities as well with a lot of merit of you decided to use either of them.

True but they should fix the characters they have first but a kylo lead would be good mabye gain crit damage up on a crit or when you get advantage
  • Jacen_Solo
    175 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    First Order has a lot of potential, but just falls flat as a team. I guess the main problem is that they're all slow, and don't have overwhelming synergy. (Not to mention the slow speed of farming FOST and FOTP).

Anyway, I planned on getting a full FO team, and bailed on it a while back because they aren't that good, from anything I've read. But with new character introductions, this could probably be fixed. I'm thinking the main character they need is Hux, and why isn't he in the game? It feels like they got lazy with FOO and decided Hux wasn't necessary.

Well, here's my proposed kit for Hux:

Basic - Quick Shot: Deal physical damage to enemy with a 50% chance to attack another random enemy.

Special 1 - Air Strike: Hux calls in TIE fighters, dealing huge damage to all enemies. If two or more enemies dodge, all First Order allies gain Advantage, and the cooldown is reduced by 1. If the ally already has advantage, gain critical damage up for 2 turns.
    COOLDOWN - 5 turns.

Special 2 - General of the First Order: Hux calls for a random ally to taunt for two turns. If the ally is First Order, also gain Retribution for two turns.
    COOLDOWN - 4 turns.

Leader - Bring Order to the Galaxy: All First Order allies have +25 speed.

Unique - Glory of the First Order: Whenever a First Order ally scores a critical hit, all allies gain 10% turn meter. (AoE still only gives 10%)

All these abilities would be maxed. I tried to have his abilities stay in line with the rest of the First Order synergies, advantage being the main thing here. I felt speed as a leader ability was the most important thing for a First Order team, so I went that way with it.
    Post edited by Jacen_Solo on
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I like it! I'm not sure First Order has TIE Bombers (I certainly hope so!). Abilities are well thought out.

1. Tarkin lead gives 28 speed, so we could bump Hux up 3.
    2. I'm scared of a taunting FOTP dying but he'll deal good damage in the meantime I suppose.
  • Options
    I like it! I'm not sure First Order has TIE Bombers (I certainly hope so!). Abilities are well thought out.

1. Tarkin lead gives 28 speed, so we could bump Hux up 3.
    2. I'm scared of a taunting FOTP dying but he'll deal good damage in the meantime I suppose.

I guess that's true, we haven't seen bombers, yet. It still could work, just call in TIE fighters instead, those things seemed to have more power than the old TIE fighters, anyway. They did have an aerial strike on Jakku, though, so that's the same idea for that move.

As for the speed, I wasn't totally sure where Tarkin and QGJ were with their speed leads, so definitely bump that up, then.

With the taunt, yea, FOTP was really my main worry with that. But he would really pack a punch with that. The other thing would be whether you chose to use that move when playing as the team. It would definitely be a questionable move there, but I thought it was somewhat unique and pretty cool.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Regarding special 1,there should be a fallback case if the character already has advantage. I propose either turn meter or crit damage up.
  • Options
    Regarding special 1,there should be a fallback case if the character already has advantage. I propose either turn meter or crit damage up.

That's a really good thought. I'd say either crit damage up or crit chance up, due to turn meter gain on crits from his unique. I kinda like crit damage more, as that benefits First Order a lot, since most of them have low damage. I'll add that in.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    What good would crit chance up be if you already have advantage?
  • Options
    What good would crit chance up be if you already have advantage?

Ha, good point. Wasn't thinking. I changed it to add in crit damage. Also added in cooldowns on specials.
  • Options
    Jacen_Solo wrote: »
    First Order has a lot of potential, but just falls flat as a team. I guess the main problem is that they're all slow, and don't have overwhelming synergy. (Not to mention the slow speed of farming FOST and FOTP).

Anyway, I planned on getting a full FO team, and bailed on it a while back because they aren't that good, from anything I've read. But with new character introductions, this could probably be fixed. I'm thinking the main character they need is Hux, and why isn't he in the game? It feels like they got lazy with FOO and decided Hux wasn't necessary.

Basic - Quick Shot: Deal physical damage to enemy with a 50% chance to attack another random enemy.

Special 1 - Air Strike: Hux calls in TIE fighters, dealing huge damage to all enemies. If two or more enemies dodge, all First Order allies gain Advantage, and the cooldown is reduced by 1. If the ally already has advantage, gain critical damage up for 2 turns.
    COOLDOWN - 5 turns.

Special 2 - General of the First Order: Hux calls for a random ally to taunt for two turns. If the ally is First Order, also gain Retribution for two turns.
    COOLDOWN - 4 turns.

Unique - Glory of the First Order: Whenever a First Order ally scores a critical hit, all allies gain 10% turn meter. (AoE still only gives 10%)

All these abilities would be maxed. I tried to have his abilities stay in line with the rest of the First Order synergies, advantage being the main thing here. I felt speed as a leader ability was the most important thing for a First Order team, so I went that way with it.

How much damage will he deal and will be be fast because you might have made the solution to first orders' problems.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Big update to the second post to include character suggestions! Please comment on any and we can redesign them as needed!
  • Options
    We need a first order event to get general hux
  • Options

COOLDOWN - 5 turns.

COOLDOWN - 4 turns.

How much damage will he deal and will be be fast because you might have made the solution to first orders' problems.

Let's see. I'd say his basic should be around a 5-6K, maybe 8K for crits. Not too strong, pretty close to Phasma level. And this would be maxed. Maybe a bit stronger, but I think that's a good spot to be.

Air Strike should do top tier AoE damage. Up there with Ani and Lando, maybe even higher because it has a big cooldown. So, maybe somewhere between 10-15K, depending on crits.

I think his health should again be pretty similar to Phasma, it seems like a good level to be at. He certainly doesn't need to be up near the health of Kylo, but should certainly be higher than FOTP, so I think around Phasma's health would be a good balance.

His speed should be higher than FO toons. Being that his whole goal is to speed up FO, and help to buff them through different abilities and TM gain, I believe he should be in the 140s. It puts him as a higher speed toon, but not top tier. With his leader ability, this puts him up near 170ish, which I think would be a really good spot to be. He still likely doesn't move first, but he can move fast enough that it can get the team going a little bit.
  • Options

COOLDOWN - 5 turns.

COOLDOWN - 4 turns.

Let's see. I'd say his basic should be around a 5-6K, maybe 8K for crits. Not too strong, pretty close to Phasma level. And this would be maxed. Maybe a bit stronger, but I think that's a good spot to be.

Air Strike should do top tier AoE damage. Up there with Ani and Lando, maybe even higher because it has a big cooldown. So, maybe somewhere between 10-15K, depending on crits.

I think his health should again be pretty similar to Phasma, it seems like a good level to be at. He certainly doesn't need to be up near the health of Kylo, but should certainly be higher than FOTP, so I think around Phasma's health would be a good balance.

His speed should be higher than FO toons. Being that his whole goal is to speed up FO, and help to buff them through different abilities and TM gain, I believe he should be in the 140s. It puts him as a higher speed toon, but not top tier. With his leader ability, this puts him up near 170ish, which I think would be a really good spot to be. He still likely doesn't move first, but he can move fast enough that it can get the team going a little bit.

That sounds good but you could add some sort of tm gain on crits to his leader too speed them up some more
  • Options

COOLDOWN - 5 turns.

COOLDOWN - 4 turns.

That sounds good but you could add some sort of tm gain on crits to his leader too speed them up some more

I've already got that for his unique. Adds 10% turn meter to all allies whenever a First Order character scores a critical hit. Unless you were saying add more turn meter with his leader ability, so that there were two ways to increase TM.
  • Options
    Must say, awesome thread @Aero huge First Order fan here and desperate to play with my FO team but as you all know they just can't compete. Kylo needs a massive rework as does FOST and FOO. But nonetheless, love the thread. If you ever need a guild, consider joining my guild, the First Order Arsenal!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I'm going to start modding my First Order soon. I have a lot of potency and damage mods, but I'm thinking I'll just stick to potency. Maybe even 3 sets of potency since they all have some need for it besides FOTP. And I can give him health mods.

Our should I just load everyone up with health mods?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    So I collect those Black Series figures, wanted to share my First Order collection....

20160902_191750.jpg
  • Options
    Hahaha loving them @Aero ! Thought Phasma was wielding a lightsaber first and got a bit confused but just the angle. Have a nice weekend all.
  • Options
    So I collect those Black Series figures, wanted to share my First Order collection....

20160902_191750.jpg

Looks much better than those Lego versions.
  • Options
    It's kind of sad that almost every FO character needs a rework kylo, FOO and FOST