Poe threads combined

Replies

• Options
    I dont have problem with poe at all but i always have hard times against fotp and leia, i still dont get why people cry a lot about poe cause i think there are many heroes stronger than him.

For now, i have my own plan to effectively counter poe, that is dooku. I guess when most dooku became 7* poe will be obsoleted.
  • Options
    The guy who needs a nerf is FOTP who the f* is this guy? lore wise why is he stronger than the main characters in the story is he chuck norris? He can freakin one shot a sid and anakin.
  • Options
    Sakichan wrote: »
    I dont have problem with poe at all but i always have hard times against fotp and leia, i still dont get why people cry a lot about poe cause i think there are many heroes stronger than him.

For now, i have my own plan to effectively counter poe, that is dooku. I guess when most dooku became 7* poe will be obsoleted.

Even with 220% potency Poe has enough Tenacity to resist that, also is the chance something like less then 50% to stun anyway?

Poe is not a huge beast on his own, it is what he enables that is the problem. If you fail to see how having your entire team go before any (perhaps maybe 1) of the enemy team can be used to gain an overwhelming advantage...well I really do not think I can argue with somebody like that :/ Some people just cannot picture and math things they have not seen with their own 2 eyes.
  • Options
    Ptolemy wrote: »
    Poe is a game changer because of the TURN METER REDUCTION in combination with his speed. That causes their entire team to go before you and thus no chance to nullify the threats early.

People keep saying this. It is simply not true. I consistently have Sid/Dooku going right after my Poe taunts. Now he only reduces 200 points at the moment and not 250, but all the other super fast characters have an even chance of going before my turn 8 toons.

It seems that what you say is true because you see Poe paired with Sid/Rey/Leia/FOTP. Pair him with a droid team or Asajj and you will see that isn't the case.

Poe + all the other OP fast toons is a overpowered combination. Poe + medium speed/slow toons isn't overpowered. But the setup gives too much of an advantage to moving first (because damage is too high at the moment).

Frankly rather than nerf Poe, they need to double all the health for Galactic War and Arena. Well Arena needs a complete overhaul as that system is trash and just setup to extract crystals.
  • Options
    People saying Poe is not a problem should probably level up and max gear first.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Ohw and to conclude, this is the perfect example most of these matches go and what everyone is referring to. I doubt anyone defending faced a team like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1NFNX0rP-s

My stuff to do = 1 button
    So my sid aoe´s

Enemy AI stuff = ultrakill
    Poe taunts! it's super effective, lose FIRST ROUND TURN METER (most important turn meter is first round) and make all enemy toons go first.
    Leia stealths, QGJ special and gets assisted by Leia shooting 2x and buffing team, FotP used special (WHAT Special? Lucky me!!) and Phasma assists, Phasma reduces speed with AoE gets assisted by FotP who shoots 3x.

So 11 attacks later and I only used sid AoE. @Qeltar wasn't exaggerating when he said enemy made 14 attacks, this FotP messed up by using special.

Dude - why did you use the dispel on Ventress? You had her aoe special available and with offense up! With Sid as leader skill you had crit up and crit damage up chance - she could have certainly killed Leia. Your FOTP survived...so he could have focus fired on Jinn and killed him - you'd then have been 3 on 2 ... Vent/Phasma/FOTP vs. his Phasma and FOTP. You're using a glass cannon offensive formation and using and offensive leader skill...why are you messing around with dispelling - you need kills. All the dispel did anyway was remove a few crit up chances...but if they are dead who cares about enemy buffs. You had a wounded team with a heavy aoe hitter AND offense up and you dispelled? You could have won that match sir.
  • Ptolemy
    105 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    What Cronoz said. The difference between 20% and 25% may often be the difference between a turn 1 toon tieing with a turn 2, and losing outright. I take it some of your toons arent fully geared then, which means none have their full speed yet anyway. But lets use an example regardless,at max stats. Bit of maths here
    Sidious-153 speed(turn 1)
    QGJ-137 speed(turn 2)

After 7 turns
    Sidious =1071
    QGJ = 959

If Poe goes first,with 20% reduction
    Sidious = 857. QGJ.=959
    Turn 8
    Sidious = 1010. QGJ = 1096
    So they Tie

But if the meter reduction is 25%
    Sidious = 803. QGJ = 959
    Turn 8
    Sidious = 960. QGJ = 1096
    QGJ wins outright, uses his big nasty spec on Sid, Sid dies

Back to what you said, 25% is almost always enough to bump units down 2 speed tiers. The implications of that with droids such as 88 and 86(which are turn 3)is that they tie with turn 1 units, and go before turn 2. With Assajj.. Yeah ok you win. But who the hell uses Assajj. Pretty much all the usable PvP toons are turn 3 or better
  • Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha
    Wouldn't have mattered since all his toons would go after Asajj anyway. Also she doesn't deal that much dmg on her special which was needed to kill FotP and Leia. Even if they got killed, my Phasma, FotP and Asajj wouldn't have stand a chance, really. Especially vs QGJ.
  • Options
    Top_Quark wrote: »
    They need tweak. Still rng is rng.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lmt5eUBzKI

While it's true this won't work at a high percentage, maybe 1 in 8 given the 50/50 RNG for going first Dooku vs. Poe and then a 25% chance or so to stun Poe with Dooku...this still met the challenge laid out to film a non-Poe / FOTP team beating Poe / FOTP...and it's with no chrome toons at all and a team that isn't all 7* heroes.

Great job TQ.

So...do all these videos mean in total? Proves it's a strong build that can win very quickly...but not impossible to beat without using Poe or FOTP. We also see FOTP can hit hard...but the actual evidence compared to what is reported..there's clearly an upward bias in what is reported. He is not averaging anywhere near 14k that gets thrown around.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha
    Wouldn't have mattered since all his toons would go after Asajj anyway. Also she doesn't deal that much dmg on her special which was needed to kill FotP and Leia. Even if they got killed, my Phasma, FotP and Asajj wouldn't have stand a chance, really. Especially vs QGJ.

You had the next turn though...at 1:03 of the video - Leia would have been dead - she was in the yellow and Vent with O up would have killed her. Then at 1:03 your FOTP could have killed Jinn. Instead you shot his FOTP. So Leia and Jinn would have been dead before your FOTP was killed.

FOTP would have been yellow too after Vent hit - so you could have killed him or Jinn with that last FOTP turn. Then the enemy FOTP would have been dead. You shot his FOTP and he survived with barely any health - had you not dispelled and instead did damage that would have killed his FOTP. You could have picked either one to kill with that turn of your FOTP.

To sum up...had you attacked with Vent AOE...offense up with Sid leader bonus...Leia is dead, the enemy FOTP is wounded and that means he would have died after your FOTP shot him instead of barely living - so he would have never shot and killed your FOTP. You'd then be sitting against Jinn and Phasma....and you'd have a wounded FOTP, and a full health Phasma and Ventress. You should win that matchup 3 on 2.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEiYLu_HcYo

Match was over in 30 seconds. I took Bariss as lead to try and increase the hp to soak more dmg in. If you take sid leader it's getting worse. This was a lucky round since not many 1 shots were seen. I can upload another one where the result is the same.

This video is a good example of the upward bias presented on FOTP. In this video he takes 6 hits that registered damage on the display:

1. 2469 (no crit)
    2. 2438 (no crit)
    3. 6647 (crit on his special)
    4. 3970 (with offense up no crit)
    5. 4626 (with offense up no crit)
    6. 6673 (with offense up and crit)

Not that those are bad numbers..they are great..but can we at least agree that there's some serious exaggeration here about what his typical numbers are? He does not OHKO stuff everytime, he does not crit and double hit everytime..he does not average 14k damage per turn. That FOTP by the health bar looks to be at 7*...minimum 6*.

This is why I think FOTP is fine - he's slow - it's the meter manipulation that pulls him up to a speed / round that he wasn't balanced for. If you want to actually address this speed / damage issue,...it's the speed part in the form of meter manipulation that is the first problem...and then just speed in general. I'd say GS and Rey for example are way deadlier than FOTP due to speed. FOTP is only relevant because of meter manipulation and Poe specifically. If Poe gets nerfed..watch how quick FOTP disappears from lineups in favor of something faster. Fix his health bug at 7 (although this will likely make him hit harder) and the triple hit bug and leave him be.
  • Options
    Round 2, went a bit better because Asajj is nice to have vs this team (if she isn't killed). Even then, her speed allows everyone on the enemy team to go first anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX0Ko3mws28

Man...glad you posted these. Makes me want Ventress. Vs. these damage teams she could be a key peice as she gets that O up from allies. In this video Jinn and Leia were wounded...if Jinn hadn't dispelled Vent and her offense up she could have possibly went and cleared him and Leia..and seriously wounded the others...and kills reset all her cooldowns so she could have dropped it again. Interesting.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Not that those are bad numbers..they are great..but can we at least agree that there's some serious exaggeration here about what his typical numbers are? He does not OHKO stuff everytime, he does not crit and double hit everytime..he does not average 14k damage per turn.

Bear in mind that the flip side of his 7* bug is that his damage is reduced. When they fix that, he will be doing ~20% more damage.
    I do think it's too high. Of course I think all offense right now is too high, but he's one of the worst culprits. If they want to leave him like this, fine, mine is almost 4*. I will use him. But I think he hits too hard even for a glass cannon.
    He also has advantage pretty much the entire fight, which means he gets two hits on his main pretty much the entire fight. I think that is extremely OP. Most characters have to use a special ability to get advantage, or get it under limited circumstances. He has it up pretty much all the time after the first couple of attacks, and it not only gives him standard advantage benefits, it increases his damage by a further ~25% due to the doubled chance of an extra attack.
    I'd be fine with the double-proc advantage synergy if he didn't have advantage constantly. This should be a synergy thing with other first order characters like Phasma. Or at least make it so it only happens when an ally goes below 50%, or it can only happen every N turns.
    Man...glad you posted these. Makes me want Ventress.

I am using her more now in GW against Phasma and Poggle teams in particular. But I'm guessing they will remove her team heal in the next update which will make her still useful but not nearly as good. I hope they don't, because she is dog slow and therefore should have powerful abilities. Any nerfing of her at all without some major buffs in other areas and she's back on the shelf.
    It takes a lot to justify a slot for a character with 86 speed.
    What I am also curious about is this "health steal" stat. Ventress has the highest in the game. Will that be implemented? What will it do? How will that interact with other self-heal abilities, like Talia's and Ahsoka's?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Qeltar ... I don't want her for the heal...that passive offense up on an AOE toon is very attractive. In both those videos posted I can see where she could have turned the tide of the battle. Imagine if that was a 7* ventress, with offense up, gear 8, Sid leader boosting offense....that's a game changer.

Also....the game clearly has an offensive speed / damage bias right now. I wonder though if that is just because it's what we know...there may be some possibilities for non-speed builds. Regardless, I do agree that in general there is too much offensive stuff that is powerful too early on..but you've got layers of that well beyond Poe and FOTP. I don't think nerfing Poe or FOTP will accomplish what you want to accomplish. There's still a lot of early damage / assists and meter manipulation (FOO is just turn 2 with similar ability as Poe) in the game that will bias it toward early offense.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha - Gotcha. She does have a lot of tools, so people will use her differently. I didn't watch the video but yes, her AoE can be deadly... if she survives long enough to use it. I use her mostly for stunning and dispel. She is resisted way too much though.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Just faced a decent Poe team in Arena.
    Phasma (lead)
    Lumi
    Poe
    Sid
    Rey

I destroyed them without losing a singe character. However I do have Poe myself I don't find him OP when I encounter him.
  • EwokRampage
    116 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ptolemy wrote: »
    They need tweak. Still rng is rng.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lmt5eUBzKI

Haha nice one, ill give it to you Dooku's stun stops Poe in his tracks. But the odds are awful, ya lucky ****

There are a bout of events that went in my favor in that match, without that slim window, there is no chance of me winning. I always go to stun poe first for that -maybe-. And now onto what we experience daily, no surprises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Bxwd3FA8s

Hey that's my old 60 team :D remember also if you think Poe is strong in this video remember he gets even faster post 60 that is what we are all arguing about about.
    And also geo soldier replaces Leia so now first turn defense for him is taking 10k+ more damage.
  • Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha
    Since I was so honest to post 3 consecutive vids you picked out the one that might have been played different. My 6* Ventress aoe deals around 2.5k non crit. Wouldn't be enough to kill Leia and FotP. Fact still remains battle is lost after 30 seconds where I was lucky enough that there wasn't much crit.
    If you look at vid 3, 80% of the fights go this way, I'm destroyed in 30 secs.
    I'll post more since you still can't seem to see the problem.

11 attacks and I could only do sid AoE:

• Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    All these videos you posted and all I see in all of them is a team that has a plan and a well-known synergy taking out a team of misfits who do not work well together. You look like you are trying to have a decent all-around team while they have a team built on taking advantage of and relying on a single strength. Why should you win this match? I don't see a reason why. Heck, his FOTP is 7* and yours isn't. You just don't have the right counter to it and believe me, more counters are coming soon with Yoda and Palpatine and a level cap going to 80 or 90. Guess what? As mostly free to play, I'm looking to the future and trying to find the next meta before it is realized.

That said, if FOTP has a glitch on his 7* HP and/or 3rd attack when gaining advantage, it should be fixed. Poe might be tough now but he will be less tough in the future.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    All these videos you posted and all I see in all of them is a team that has a plan and a well-known synergy taking out a team of misfits who do not work well together. You look like you are trying to have a decent all-around team while they have a team built on taking advantage of and relying on a single strength. Why should you win this match? I don't see a reason why. Heck, his FOTP is 7* and yours isn't. You just don't have the right counter to it and believe me, more counters are coming soon with Yoda and Palpatine and a level cap going to 80 or 90. Guess what? As mostly free to play, I'm looking to the future and trying to find the next meta before it is realized.

That said, if FOTP has a glitch on his 7* HP and/or 3rd attack when gaining advantage, it should be fixed. Poe might be tough now but he will be less tough in the future.
    I think you may be missing the point. Team synergy doesn't matter when the other team gets 11 turns to your 1 at the beginning of the match. The reason they got so many turns is because the other team's Poe won the coin flip. Who wins should be based on strategy rather than who's lucky (it's random so it is luck) enough to go first.

• Options
    @CronozNL nice video, but you should try Ventress AoE as said by @JohnnySteelAlpha .. with her rampage active she can crits fo over 4k..
  • Options
    @ilyanor
    Right because Asajj would have been able to maybe kill Leia off, maybe. Funny tho that 2 toons on my team died and rest is half hp before I was able to use Asajj. There was no way this fight could have been won with 3v5 even if Assaj used her AoE (2400 non crit dmg). But no worries, people have difficulty understanding this problem which means Ill just buy 5 more battles tonight and upload all 5 to see this makes no difference. I'll use Asajj her AoE and show it doesn't matter.
    Also Lumi and my Sid died before I could even use Asajj and with 5x2 buffs on the enemy team, without Asajj dispelling, they would have done more dmg than they did now.
    It's nice saying stuff about the vid, on the other hand I haven't seen a single legit maxed out team like I was facing being recorded and posted. Meanwhile I uploaded the first 3 I had with more coming, don't worry.
  • Options
    Nerfing Poe is dumb because once you do that you'll have a bigger problem where only the best characters are premium characters and now it's going to be impossible to win without spending.
  • Options
    I think there are different things that causing problems for people right now and they all combine in certain characters to make it worse. The first problem is the Damage to HP ratio the game currently has. I dont know if this is balanced at 70 because I am not that level yet, but in the low to mid 60s the amount of damage High Damage charcters do is much higher than the HP of tanky characters. This makes the game resolve much too quickly. If you want to stand a chance you must plan around this current meta. Slow characters are bad because of how soon the game will be decided. The game is currently centered around how fast you can reduce the enemy damage compared to your own damage being reduced. This is where High damage attackers and a fast taunt that moves the enemy back in turns really shines. The biggest defining moment of current matches come down to which Poe goes first. This allows the rest of that teams high damage attackers to take out 1 or 2 of the opposing teams damage. The amount of damage lost and the resulting power swing toward one team is HUGE. This does mean it is impossible to overcome, but very unlikely.

TL:DR The problem is not Poe or TFP, but how those type characters work in the current meta.
  • Options
    Hey bro, stop crying like that, just building a Poe for you.
    I don't like tanks at all, but I got a Poe too, what can we do?
    Take that like a challenge for ya, it is just a game, you know? And this kind of stuffs always will happen.
    Before come here and cry a river, you need to figure out by yourself what you need to do, and bro, in this game it take time, like 1 week or 1 month, that depends.
    So, just really try something before come here and cry for nerf.
    Be a man, be a gamer (;
  • Options
    Can you plz correct the 3 shot FOTP ....
    Bored to loose because of it .
    I loose my #1 only because of this **** 3 shot
  • Options
    @HaraLucas
    Be a gamer you say, thats the point. Has nothing to with being a gamer or applying gaming strats. You lose after 30 seconds. Is it really this hard to understand?

• Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    garublador wrote: »
    Ello_Asty wrote: »

I think you may be missing the point. Team synergy doesn't matter when the other team gets 11 turns to your 1 at the beginning of the match. The reason they got so many turns is because the other team's Poe won the coin flip. Who wins should be based on strategy rather than who's lucky (it's random so it is luck) enough to go first.
    Nope, not missing the point. Look, I'd like to see a tweak in that turn meter manipulation should be resistible, just like every other debuff...and FOTP has a couple known fixes that need to happen. But, even without them, look to the future and see what the new toons will do such as Yoda and Palpatine.
    Post edited by Ello_Asty on
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    @CronozNL Hei bro, i agree with you, pheraps that battle was already lost.. i wasn't blaming you for that move, i was just curious to know what would have happened .. I run an Asajy just like you, i like her so much.. she has a great game-design, if only she was a bit faster...
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @ilyanor
    Ye her speed sucks which is why she usually dies before I get to use her. I was kinda overwhelmed she survived that round, like I said will try and upload another few vids and see if the AoE might turn the odds in my favor. I'm lucky he is using Leia because with Geo it would have been over even faster :p
    Sorry for my reaction, I probably read your post wrong. Do you have yours at rank 7? I'm currently at 90/100 so tomorrow she will be maxed out for me as well.