Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Fid
    121 posts Member
    Options
    Their matching algorithm is probably low on combos that are equivalent to your power +15% so with a very limited pool, this is what you get. Come to think of it I think my final node was the same each of the last two days too.
  • Traybor
    96 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm just hitting that point where nodes 9, 11, and 12 are becoming just crazy tough, around 38.5K for my top five characters. Hell, it took a dozen retries today to find a way through node 6 without losing a character. It seems to me that the frustration with GW isn't that it's particularly tough, or even that on some days it cannot be beaten. The frustration for me is that as I improve my characters, GW becomes progressively harder to complete. That runs counter to how games usually work. You improve your characters to make the content easier, to gain access to new content. But the progression in GW often runs counter to that, becoming far harder the stronger your characters become. And as it gets harder, the rewards remain the same. I used to knock off GW in well under 30 minutes, so sweat. Now, I have to replay some nodes multiple times to minimize how many characters I lose, and it's stretching the time to finish out past an hour or two. That moment when you realize the game is more tedious than your job.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Ppl, GW hasn't been fixed at all! I though after the update there would be no more easy nodes, but yesterday i got (surprised) the easy node 12 again! When i was 38l i had the easy node 12... When i got to 41k i got easy nodes 11 AND 12... And now i'm 44k... Node 12 easy again... I thought it was fixed... But it is not.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    I'll try pushing to 45k and see if i got node 11 easy again
  • Options
    That's a pretty big health pool.

Probably pushing 47k power I'd guess. Easy to beat?

Not difficult for my Arena team that I always save for last, 36 straight like always.
  • Options
    At least it's not Lugal Kelim...

This. worst 7 days of my swgoh career.
  • Options
    OP..I had the exact same team today. I'm a little over 44k squad power and today for the first time in months I didn't have a 3* green geared team at node 10, 11 or 12. Not sure if the devs changed anything or not. Pretty funny though multiple people facing the exact same squad.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Lordskunk sure is proud of himself.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    Lordskunk sure is proud of himself.

i faced him one **** was that team hard
  • Options
    What frustrates me the most, that I don't think this is intentional, but like with every other f*** up lately, it reeks of incompetence, looks like the game is being put on the back burner as it seems they are putting less experienced programmers on the job.

Oh and if you work on this game in any form, go stand in front of the mirror, take a hard look at the person on the other side and then realize what a horrible human being you are. Shame on you. Everything in this game is designed to exploit and extract as much money from the people with addictive personality. Hopefully one day karma comes back and bites you in the a**.

BTW: feel free to ban me and delete my post as before.
  • Embo
    39 posts Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I'm a minnow. Spent some money on crystals to buy credits to level up/star toons. Also bought Barriss pack in beginning and some Jedi pack for the Yoda event. My arena team is 42,500 power, give or take.

I've had some hiccups with GW in the past, but I've been able to finish it in about 20 minutes or so lately. I run EP (L), Vader, RG, Lando, and 88 first 5 nodes, no problem. Node 6 gets harder. I then switch to EP (L), RG, ST Han, Daka, and 86. No problem. Sometimes nodes 7 and 8 get easier again, sometimes not. I'll use either squad listed above, depending on what teams I'm facing. Nodes 9, 10, and 11 are usually level 80, 7*, modded squads, but beat them pretty handily with few, if any, retreats. I do get the cakewalk node 12.

I used to get that impossible Lugal Kelim team on node 11. I'd have to go through tons of toons to barely get through it, if I was lucky. I don't know what changed, but Lugal has not been back for a while.

I feel that getting EP really turned the tide for me. I was fortunate enough that I was grinding away at my rebel squad in preparation for the Empire event and it just so happened I needed them to get EP. The downside is I don't have 7* QGJ, GS, or Dooku like everyone else has. I just 7* Rey but she is woefully undergeared. I foolishly focused on the nightsisters, which didn't pan out and cost me precious resources that could have been used elsewhere. My roster is far from perfect.

I am very confused as to why people are having very different experiences with GW. I wish I had an answer. I understand the frustration because I was there. Don't know what changed, but I'm glad I don't have to devote hours to GW like I used to. I hope changes are made soon so everyone can complete it and get those precious credits without spending half a day doing it. MTFBWY
  • Options
    Why is it that every 3 months months GWs get messed up and get people so frustrated they leave the game?
  • Options
    I have never found GW to be hard because I made the mistake at the start to collect as many toons as possible. Within about 2-3 months I was able to run through GW almost everyday because I could mix and match players and send suicide squads. My problem was in Arena I was very far behind because I had a bunch of toons that under geared, leveled and matted to compete.
  • Options
    Does the difficulty of GW drop as you get your arena team higher? I have heard 42k will give you fluff teams at node 12. Are their other power totals that will give easier nodes?
  • Options
    I hover around 40k and have had the easy node for a few months now. Every once in a while I get the hard Node 12. This is few and far between. I try to keep as many toons alive just in case. I do get the hard Node 6, 9, and 11.

My strategy is to go through my roster at the beginning to build turn meter advantage. I have 3-4 good squads that I mix and match for the level 80 battles from nodes 6-11. This strategy serves me well and I beat GW every day.

My mods are pretty minimal at this point.

• Options
    I am around 40k as well. Since the power adjustment I have been getting a very difficult node 12. I heard from my guild mates that at 42k you start getting fluff teams again at node 12. Is their ant evidence of this?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    I get easy teams consistently now on nodes 9, 11 and 12 with around 48k arena power... made a thread about this not too long ago

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/69778/gw-now-even-more-broken-with-power-increase#latest
  • Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    I get easy teams consistently now on nodes 9, 11 and 12 with around 48k arena power... made a thread about this not too long ago

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/69778/gw-now-even-more-broken-with-power-increase#latest

Thanks Smapty, this is exactly what I am looking for. Do you know the reasoning or the mechanics behind "easy modes" getting pushed farther back the higher your arena power is?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options

Thanks Smapty, this is exactly what I am looking for. Do you know the reasoning or the mechanics behind "easy modes" getting pushed farther back the higher your arena power is?

@DarthBlartMC I believe it's because certian nodes of GW are programmed to match you against a team with a certain percentage higher arena power than you... if no such teams exist (because your arena power is higher than any team possible once the percentage increase is applied) then it glitches and gives you the cupcake computer generated teams instead
  • Options

@DarthBlartMC I believe it's because certian nodes of GW are programmed to match you against a team with a certain percentage higher arena power than you... if no such teams exist (because your arena power is higher than any team possible once the percentage increase is applied) then it glitches and gives you the cupcake computer generated teams instead

Thanks again, this is good to know. After the power adjustment I got knock down into the percentages again. Time to mod up. I wish this could be a relevant discussion and not dumped into the megathread. Seems to be the trend lately.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Thanks again, this is good to know. After the power adjustment I got knock down into the percentages again. Time to mod up. I wish this could be a relevant discussion and not dumped into the megathread. Seems to be the trend lately.

I don't know why I keep reading this thread ... entertainment value, I suppose. Anyway, @DarthBlartMC this chart might help you, might not. Might be too much information. But this is the matching curve that I have experienced in GW. I have not checked it since the latest retune to power levels. Today though, my N12 was back to a full power squad for the first time since July. Currently sitting at Top5 power = 41,822.KF8YHRJ.png
    Edit: oops, gave you the wrong chart. Fixed it.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    just recently there was an adjustment, more people hit higher powers so node 11s became hard again. need about 1000 more arena power points to get an easy node 11 again
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    djvita wrote: »
    just recently there was an adjustment, more people hit higher powers so node 11s became hard again. need about 1000 more arena power points to get an easy node 11 again

one solution is maxing fost chewie and all those tanks and winning with them
  • Options

one solution is maxing fost chewie and all those tanks and winning with them

You don't need to win with them. Just having them is enough.
  • Goldy
    254 posts Member
    Options
    No you need to win with them, arena power mate
  • Options
    Goldy wrote: »
    No you need to win with them, arena power mate

Sorry, but that's just not true. INRAJ was wrong. Arena power has nothing to do with it. You are welcome do your own study and report the results back to us, but you'll have to hold your Arena power down while you power up the rest of your roster. Hold your breath and pray CG doesn't mess with the GW & Power algorithms while you do this, because they screwed me up plenty. I'm not doing it again.

Read here, if you're interested:
    Cheers
  • Goldy
    254 posts Member
    Options
    No, your wrong mate, increased my arena power today and back to easy nodes 11 and 12, (was previously just 12, then 11, then 11 was hard, now it ain't)
  • Options
    I noticed that the character statuses, like buffs and D buff's, are often overlapping and obscured by each other making attack decisions a little bit challenging at times. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

PS-I am playing on the iOS for iPhone 6+
  • Options
    No, your wrong mate, increased my arena power today and back to easy nodes 11 and 12, (was previously just 12, then 11, then 11 was hard, now it ain't)

Let me guess ... your Arena squad is composed of your 5 strongest (highest power) heroes, yes?
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options

Let me guess ... your Arena squad is composed of your 5 strongest (highest power) heroes, yes?

thats what ive been doing to increase too

current arena team
    ljD2Lu2.jpg

max team
    Yc8fCad.jpg

guild number
    VEYKP7H.png