Thank You for the Great Event

Replies

• Fave
    96 posts Member
    Options
    And there is a simply solution to this problem. Only allow 8 raid rewards per wk. that's including both the current raid and the new one.
  • Options
    @M9silent Great metaphor, i stll feel bad for buck and shoeless joe, more for joe though.
  • Options
    WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE
    21391944.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • Options
    Unethical, exploit? I disagree with your characterization. It's a game, designed by EA/CG that was played within the rules, their rules, which were programmed and didn't change throughout tourny. And it took a lot of coordination and teamwork by his guild to play within those rules. If that's not how the game was supposed to work, that's not their fault, but someone else's.

You just have sour grapes because your guild wasn't able to create the same synergy.

I played the event myself without an alliance, but I did spam the LB, for those sending out soft defenses, and jumped when the opportunity rised. Clearly I was not exploiting the game, but used my noggin to figure out an alternative strategy.

So stop with your characterizations because you didn't think of a winning strategy before the tourny started and implement it.

You cannot possibly believe any of that tripe. The fact I can use my car to kill people does not make it the car manufacturers fault. Grats of finding soft targets, so did I and I grabbed a good payout as a result, however, a BUNCH of people cheated their **** off.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    Why is it so incomprehensible for someone to be in a good guild, have a good team, spend real money, and not be a cheater????? Most comments assume to win, a player has to justify using exploits. Exp
    Brownie wrote: »
    danrussoa wrote: »
    Disagree. I wouldn't team up with anyone to exploit the game. The issue isn't an exploit, it's the person who tries to justify using it..........

Agree, the rewards and event were great. A few tweaks and off to the next one.

lol this guy lost all credibility. Check his post asking the devs for clarification on teaming up in arena. Apparently collusion there is an exploit also. But thats only been working that way since the game began...

Man this guy is such role model for his moral and ethical superiority, he even refused to use the retreat button in GW. What a guy! I'm
    sure everyone on the SWGOH forums is so proud of you!

You know why I play this game? To have fun. NOT to impress people I will never know or meet in real life with my superior moral compass. Guess what? Getting a shiny new 5* Shoretrooper was pretty fun. And putting him to use to help my shardmates lockout crybabies like you in arena will be even more fun!

Hopefully you find a better way to put your model citizenship to good use in the future. I can't see how exposing my apparent unethical behavior is making the world a better place...Good luck to you!

OK.
  • Options
    We all have to do some soul searching. Did you ever refreshed during the tournament, found a weak team and rode on it? If you did not then kudos. If you did, you should not complain about colluding because you are no different from the 'partners in crime'

I suspect many of us here (I admit I am one of them) did piggy bag on those teams at one point or another. I am saying I am no better and I do not believe I should throw the first stone.
  • Options
    Haven't read all comments but what if you abused someone that put in a weak defense to probably help a guildie and you were able to fight him 4/5 times as well?
    It's not an agreement with this player but he did leave out a weak defense and I was able to use this for like 4 to 5 times (not a guildie to repeat myself).
    So I exploited his bad defense but didn't communicate with the person what so ever.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Davo9999 wrote: »
    I don't really understand this post. EA recognized that it was not working as intended and asked to stop but by the time they realized they didnt test correctly is was to late people spend money cristal and time and they learned from mods issue that rollback can cause a lot of people to quit, that is why they didnt do anything. However this doesnt change the fact that it wasnt working as intended and most probably next will be diferent and this wont be possible to do.

And for those who defend the guild work I understand your point, but the problem is that not all guilds members were in the same tournament so it was unfair since if you was luckly to be with your guild members you could use the team work but if you dont you just could never get to top raking. If all the guild members from the all guilds had been in the same tournament that may be a diferent thing but since it was not the case your point dont apply, it wasnt that the others didnt do team work, most cases they couldnt.

I will be happy if next is about guild team work, with my guild we can do great thing but me alone against a guild is simple not fair.

In the end it was all over again about RNG...

Luck had nothing to do with it. We planned to be on the same shard. Yes, planned. We figured out the constructs of the game and played within those boundaries. Just because you don't understand something, doesn't make it supernatural or lucky. That's the same thinking that created religion.
  • Options
    We all have to do some soul searching. Did you ever refreshed during the tournament, found a weak team and rode on it? If you did not then kudos. If you did, you should not complain about colluding because you are no different from the 'partners in crime'

I suspect many of us here (I admit I am one of them) did piggy bag on those teams at one point or another. I am saying I am no better and I do not believe I should throw the first stone.

Incorrect.. timing poor teams all day and ping-ponging between accounts to ensure top spot is not in the same ballpark and accidentally finding one.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • ImYourHuckleberry
    1421 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Unethical, exploit? I disagree with your characterization. It's a game, designed by EA/CG that was played within the rules, their rules, which were programmed and didn't change throughout tourny. And it took a lot of coordination and teamwork by his guild to play within those rules. If that's not how the game was supposed to work, that's not their fault, but someone else's.

You just have sour grapes because your guild wasn't able to create the same synergy.

I played the event myself without an alliance, but I did spam the LB, for those sending out soft defenses, and jumped when the opportunity rised. Clearly I was not exploiting the game, but used my noggin to figure out an alternative strategy.

So stop with your characterizations because you didn't think of a winning strategy before the tourny started and implement it.

You cannot possibly believe any of that tripe. The fact I can use my car to kill people does not make it the car manufacturers fault. Grats of finding soft targets, so did I and I grabbed a good payout as a result, however, a BUNCH of people cheated their **** off.

So EA roles out a sub-game in swgoh, makes a strategic mistake on the rules they programmed and customers, who pay to play in many cases, play within the confines of the rules, and after the fact are called exploiters by EA, and you come running that God spoke, and this guild is full of exploiters for playing games the game as it was designed? Who is speaking tripe? You can't make this stuff up.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Starki11er
    50 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Every tourney shard had a multitude of various guild groupings doing this. Right away it was apparent looking at the rankings. If you were lucky enough to be on a shard with communicative guildmates you could fight fire with fire.

How many people play this game? Did you see it happening on your shard? Are some of you saying you were on a shard with guildmates, saw it going on and decided with your guildies that you were too noble to combat it yourselves so you wished eachother luck and went your separate ways?

Let's be honest. Is it because you are that noble or did you truly avoid it because you found it difficult, too much of a pain to coordinate or maybe your guild doesn't work together..communicate well enough to pair up over a 3 day period to fight fire with fire?

Right away it was clear guilds brought the arena paring to the tourney, they brought light sabers to a blaster fight. I'm surprised anyone in a good guild would call out and poo poo lol others on recognizing a challenge and rising to combat it.

Your energy is better spent asking the designers to tweak the tournament to where you believe it should be. Not to hate on smart diehard SWGOH guilds for recognizing a problem and combating it with teamwork.

The most important point I'd like to make isn't directed to the "whiners" but to the game developers themselves. EA/CG, SWGOH is by far the best phone app I've played. Not without flaw but incredible fun. The guild feature truly makes this game brilliant. Though this tournament had flaws, the coordination to work together was some of the most fun we've had. Irregardless of what changes are made to this tournament..Please take into consideration the fun in teamwork to combat something in real time and design us more content where we can work together in this manner!
  • Options
    BowTieJedi wrote: »
    Well written.

As concerns the burning question: was it fair play, Ethical?

A few words here:

The essence of Guilds is teamwork, a single entity composed of individuals.

Games have 3 components: freedoms, barriers and goals.

The nature of SWGOH has 1 more factor: timezones.

I was part of one of the earliest Guilds built months prior to Raids. (Original TNR).

Mates came and went, discontents mixed with joy; all culminating to various Guilds that were naturally woven together.

As the game matured and pressure increased wether to stick with the kinks or bail out, only team spirit driven people prevailed up to today, be it in game or in forums/chatrooms, still attached to this marvel of a game.

I am probably one of the oldest member of the targetted, flamed down Guild in question that is labeled in a most unruly way. And I can tell from, many sources, in and out of this said Guild, that our trademark is teamwork, unconditional one for all and all for one, F2P or P2P.

Unfortunately or otherwise, being too busy to fully partake this 3 day extensive rush, I could not follow my fellowship band wagon and went lone soldier throughout the Event, barely hitting over the 100 rank, to have Shore unlocked.

Having now observed the mechanics of the game, I can only see one answer that would nullify any dissonance in viewpoints and settle any quailms, which would have never come to be in the first place.

There is but one culprit.

This Event has been advertized as Squad Tournament.

The Tournament is a misnomer, or an incomplete name or description. All my top Guild mates did (out of tacit conscent), was add the missing data and went their ways as happy campers and busy bees, all with what I have come to understand, the feeling of having clean hands. And since we were at least 10 of the same Guild who jumped in at the same time, shortly after Tournament was available, it was even more applicable

Had EA/CG provided a complete, acurate name and feature description, the results of this new Event would have been quite different.

Further, this would have leveled out the wide F2P, P2P gap.

It is NOT a Squad Tournament, it ismore of a GUILD vs GUILD Tournament, with the obvious addition of time zones and the obscure shard binding.

For all of you adamant SWGOH lovers, please LOOK at the Tournament mechanics.

And think again, anew.

Now, was this Ethical play?

I will boldly say, it is for some to know and for others to find out. Nuf said!

I'm literally sitting here trying to figure out what it is you're trying to say with this post.

It reads like something Shakespeare wrote during a bad acid trip.

Are you purposely being obtuse or is this how you are naturally?

I feel like you just used a random word generator and whatever came out of it, you posted here.

I'm pretty sure this post gave me cancer.
  • Options
    In stores this week, "How to Win Friends and Influence People", by Wetwurx.
  • Options
    I agree that the responsibility for this hodge podge rests with the developers. In ANY game/sport/etc you absolutely CANNOT rely on players determining what to do in the event of a "gray" area. In basketball they realized that game is not as fun if a 7 foot player stands in front of the goal and swats away every ball on the way down. Thus, they invented the rule of goaltending. Would you accuse the 7 footer of cheating before the goaltending rule was implemented? Absolutely not. Might make the game less fun for people, but until it is a rule, why would you not park your tallest player in front of the goal??

Same thing here. Kudos to the players that were smart enough to use the system to their advantage; the shame really rests with the developers. They REALLY should implement a team of rule testers. I volunteer as tribute.

Nice example Rev. I like the example of flopping in soccer (or basketball) also. Flopping actually is against the rules but players do it anyway to gain a competitive advantage. Only difference here is EA did not make it against the rules. They said they don't ENCOURAGE it.

In any scenario involving competition, you are going to have people exploiting or stretching the rules to gain an advantage.

College coaches exploit the rules of recruiting to get the best players. Baseball players exploit the rules by stealing opponents' signs. Baseball players exploited the lack of steroid rules for an entire era. I could do this all day...

Guess what? No one remembers the guy that claimed moral superiority and lost. You remember the guy that won!

Winners will find a way to win and losers will find an excuse as to why they lost. Which one will you be?
  • Options
    I agree that the responsibility for this hodge podge rests with the developers. In ANY game/sport/etc you absolutely CANNOT rely on players determining what to do in the event of a "gray" area. In basketball they realized that game is not as fun if a 7 foot player stands in front of the goal and swats away every ball on the way down. Thus, they invented the rule of goaltending. Would you accuse the 7 footer of cheating before the goaltending rule was implemented? Absolutely not. Might make the game less fun for people, but until it is a rule, why would you not park your tallest player in front of the goal??

Same thing here. Kudos to the players that were smart enough to use the system to their advantage; the shame really rests with the developers. They REALLY should implement a team of rule testers. I volunteer as tribute.

Well said. You really can't blame guilds who coordinated to use the rules (or lack thereof) to their advantage. The devs left open a loophole and some guilds used it.

Also, IMO, you guys are taking this whole thing a little too seriously, on both sides. Its just a mobile game. Not meant to take up too much of your time or to get you too emotional.
  • Options
    Most are missing my point and intent here. Whether intentional or not the developers and game designers finally gave us a way to truly interact and leverage my guild mates as a benefit to the whole group. You can agree or disagree on the ethics and morality of it, I don't care. My point was to say thanks for giving us this type of inter guild interaction that we've been sorely missing in this game, and I think we need more of it. It may of been a mistake or unintentional as "they" say, but I doubt it. I'm sure they knew exactly what would happen and didn't care because it would generate insane revenue. They claim unintended to calm the masses but I seriously doubt it.
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    I

I bought two vaults and refreshed accordingly to be top 100. Wh

Nice example Rev. I like the example of flopping in soccer (or basketball) also. Flopping actually is against the rules but players do it anyway to gain a competitive advantage. Only difference here is EA did not make it against the rules. They said they don't ENCOURAGE it.

In any scenario involving competition, you are going to have people exploiting or stretching the rules to gain an advantage.

College coaches exploit the rules of recruiting to get the best players. Baseball players exploit the rules by stealing opponents' signs. Baseball players exploited the lack of steroid rules for an entire era. I could do this all day...

Guess what? No one remembers the guy that claimed moral superiority and lost. You remember the guy that won!

Winners will find a way to win and losers will find an excuse as to why they lost. Which one will you be?

So to be classified a winner, one must look for every single advantage and exploit. I am fine with being a loser based on your criteria.

The unfortunate thing with being a winner by your standards is the lines get real blurry and the winners sometimes end up in trouble. Federal prison is full of white collar "winners"........lol. I don't be

Disagree.
  • Options
    In the end, a bunch of people got an above average generic character in a mobile game for somewhere over $1,000. Who's the winner, again?

Ah yes, Capital Games.
  • Options

EA themselves called this an exploit at best, and asked people not to use it, and even if not it's common sense. Enjoy your pixels. Hope they're worth the cost of your broken moral compass.
  • Options
    RonEmpire wrote: »
    Somebody admits to exploiting. I hope EA does something about this.

+1
  • Options
    I don't really understand this post. EA recognized that it was not working as intended and asked to stop but by the time they realized they didnt test correctly is was to late people spend money cristal and time and they learned from mods issue that rollback can cause a lot of people to quit, that is why they didnt do anything. However this doesnt change the fact that it wasnt working as intended and most probably next will be diferent and this wont be possible to do.

And for those who defend the guild work I understand your point, but the problem is that not all guilds members were in the same tournament so it was unfair since if you was luckly to be with your guild members you could use the team work but if you dont you just could never get to top raking. If all the guild members from the all guilds had been in the same tournament that may be a diferent thing but since it was not the case your point dont apply, it wasnt that the others didnt do team work, most cases they couldnt.

I will be happy if next is about guild team work, with my guild we can do great thing but me alone against a guild is simple not fair.

+1 Great point but these people won't get it. You worded that about as eloquently as possible but it won't matter. The types of people that take advantage of an exploit such as this are not the types to see the logic of your argument.
  • Options

Luck had nothing to do with it. We planned to be on the same shard. Yes, planned. We figured out the constructs of the game and played within those boundaries. Just because you don't understand something, doesn't make it supernatural or lucky. That's the same thinking that created religion. [/quote]

Great so you used this
    "Tournaments are designed to provide a competitive environment for all players. We do this by grouping everyone by player level (ex. Players level 30-39 compete) or by max squad power for players at the level cap."

I just planned what toons were going to be consider max squad and you all in the guild put same mods ( because as you cant change gear is the only way to change power for those that are in the cap) and assumed before the tournament begin that you would be available to change defense team whatever you want. You just planned all of that the day before of the tournament...

Since the dev never give us the exact way on how the max squad was going to be calculated yes it was luck just that, I didnt figure it because the data wasnt there. What if the dev decide that each tournament will have limit amount and they create more than one tournament with same squad max because of the amount of people.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Wetwurx wrote: »

For those of you that took umbrage to the use of teamwork and say exploit, I say sour grapes. After all if you had managed to find a way to team up with a guild mate you would have. But since you couldn't, you say exploit and cheat.

First you do realize the ones you are thanking for the event, EA/CG, are also the ones calling it colluding and behavior that was not encouraged?? SSo I guess you are thanking and calling sour grapes to EA/CG

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/70208/pvp-tournament-some-updates
    We are also aware that some players are colluding to quickly gain points in the Tournament. This behavior is not something we encourage and we will be taking steps to prevent this in future tournaments.

That said. It is obviously not an exploit, in the eyes of EA/CG, because using an exploit is against the games TOS and subject to banishment from the game

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/webterms/us/en/pc#section11
    - Promote, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or virtual currency/items.

I actually find the whole buddy system funny. I have seen a bunch of different leader boards towards the end and some players payed way more, needed about 3x the points, to get top 3 ranks. The I saw others that got top 30 only spending a couple hundred crystals.

It was a poorly executed event and IMO showed bad decisions by the development team. I don't fault the players for gaming the system that was determined to not be an exploit, Some will chose to do it and some will not.

I will be content with I got to use my NS team again and got free digital pixels.
  • Options
    Oh please. Of course this was an exploit. What else would it be.

You got away with it. Good for you.

Dont construct some twisted logic to make it sound like you re winners. You got to the top by winning against weak teams.

Karma would mean that EA now decides to nerf your new toon into the ground.
  • KyleKatarn
    473 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Gamesmanship, pure and simple. Where there is a loophole to be found within the game mechanics, people are generally smart enough to figure them out.

I hated the tournament, and I expressed my view on the megathread; I think this will be an unpopular opinion but to those who were able to take advantage of the system - well done, you improvised and adapted and got the rewards.

The poor reflection is on the event and how it was handled, released and designed, not on the individuals who decided to think round corners and get the job done. That said, I sincerely hope this loophole is closed for future releases.

For the record, I did not participate in any gamesmanship, and finished 223rd in my group.
  • Starki11er
    50 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    These people? You have people and their honor figured out from afar do you? This happened on every shard. It's what happens in arena daily. Is that the way it "should be" designed? I don't think so but I don't have guildmates on my shard and the top spots are dominated often by one guild or a mix of guildmates locking others out. Not that my mods are up to snuff yet and it's frustrating that the mechanics are there for them to do this but it is and it's hard to combat. I do the best I can despite it and hope to do better as I land better mods. On this point, I don't benefit from it, it's hard to combat but it's there and in reality it's good cooperation and smart of them to do it. It's a game with guilds and they are using their guild to lead the arena.

I feel differently about guild hoping and alt farming. I don't see that as the same thing. I don't care for it and our guild doesn't participate in doing any of that. This tournament was flawed from the start. The creators allowed the same mechanic that exists in arena to exist in the tournament. We saw it, it was obviously happening on every shard it wasn't only a handful.

Your criticisms of moral fiber are more self serving to your own ego then being truly applicable to reality, IMO. You may think you are being zen to jump in and criticize people but its judgment without understanding. Not zen

Are you suggesting a team on the same shard, seeing this going on big time, long after EA posted not to do it, should have sung kumbaya, let all the other guilds in the shard dominate with this strategy and say"we are better than this, let's not work together and just scrape by best we can alone"? Get real.

+1 Great point but these people won't get it. You worded that about as eloquently as possible but it won't matter. The types of people that take advantage of an exploit such as this are not the types to see the logic of your argument.

Post edited by Starki11er on
  • Options
    You all are CRAZY. First this was a PVP Tournament not Guild vs Guild Tournament. Second why does it have to cost so much crystals to have fun in this game? This wasn't bout how Deep your Roster is but how Deep Your Pockets Are. I Know 1 F2P arena player spend 2000 crystals to place 2nd on his shard, F*'*k*n* 2000 crystals. LOOPHOLES=CHEATING
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    In the end, a bunch of people got an above average generic character in a mobile game for somewhere over $1,000. Who's the winner, again?

Ah yes, Capital Games.

I spent $60 to get my 6* Shoretrooper.
  • Starki11er
    50 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yes but like arena it was skewed for guilds to work together. By shortsightendeness or design, who's to say. It's not meant as boastful but it's like the saying "don't hate the player, hate the game".
    It was smart and took effort to recognize this and try to compete within the climate created. I'm not trying to argue or flame any of you. I feel you guys are rushing to a judgement without factoring in the reality of the situation.

With that I have no more to add here. I wish you all well whatever side of this topic you are on and long live SWGOH. I freaking dig this game.
    You all are CRAZY. First this was a PVP Tournament not Guild vs Guild Tournament. Second why does it have to cost so much crystals to have fun in this game? This wasn't bout how Deep your Roster is but how Deep Your Pockets Are. I Know 1 F2P arena player spend 2000 crystals to place 2nd on his shard, F*'*k*n* 2000 crystals. LOOPHOLES=CHEATING