Tank takedown ( Merged thread)

Replies

• Options
    You need much less coordination when a raid takes several days or even a week. Everybody can attack whenever he wants and doesn't need to be on a time schedule (Which is pretty ridiculous for a mobile game).

I prefer it much more this way.

When you do heroic you need to coordinate. Even if you do T6 you should coordinate. All you need for the rancor raid is a good set of rules and the rest sorts itself out
  • Options
    KRIS_1220 wrote: »
    Dont see what the rush is

This. By the time we are 85 and geared a bit more it will be easier I'm sure. I don't want another raid that is soloable.

If everyone in a 50 man guild has 5 teams that can do 2% damage in each phase, that's all it takes.
    But tank raid is currently "tuned" for 80.

If you need to get to level 85, to finish it with ease...then there should be one more tier.

T1- tuned purely for level 80 @ G8.
    T2 - what the normal one we have
    Heroic....

It's not just getting to 80 or 85....but all the mods tricked up. Takes lots of credits, crystals etc.
    Not everyone is whaling or shrimping.

• Options
    We jumped in too but already backed out. Doesn't really matter as the lower level is going to take so long to complete the bank is gonna fill up either way.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options

i was wondering say 10 people go at the same time at the beginning of say the new raid and each does 2% damage. does that amount to 20% total damage or does it only take whoever does the highest amount?

I was wondering this also...

TI mentioned the need to slow down and alluded to only having one person attack at a time. Is this to be uber efficient and not waste when getting to 0% or is there some damage lost when two players are playing at the same time?

I would assume having multiple players would be wasteful mainly due to the ads, players would basically be dealing double damage to them and not the BOSS. Since ads seem to be spawned so quickly not sure how efficient waiting really is since each player would probably have to fight the same amount anyways.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    You need much less coordination when a raid takes several days or even a week. Everybody can attack whenever he wants and doesn't need to be on a time schedule (Which is pretty ridiculous for a mobile game).

When you do heroic you need to coordinate. Even if you do T6 you should coordinate. All you need for the rancor raid is a good set of rules and the rest sorts itself out

we don't need coordination( a good set of rules) in a normal difficulty AAT raid. The way it looks now is that the raid will be continiously active since we won't finish it before we reach the 150k token cap. We don't need to worrie about ghost/spill over damage either. In the rancor raid we still need some coordination(a good set of rules), otherwise the raid will be finished before everyone could participate.
    I think that is what he meant.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Bostonmess wrote: »
    Nah, it's fun Tiggus
    Hard and challenging as it should be.
    But they should lower HP on each phase by half so it doesn't become such tedious

@Bostonmess Hey :) We're in this together! Although you're doing much better than me I see ;)

I'm not complaining, I think it is fun, just wondering how long it will take. 7 days is a bit long, but hey, why not? It will certainly feel like a collective achievement after that long, maybe even more so than after the few hours it takes to finish the Heroic level (that is, if you finish it).

Agree that challenging is good, it'll push us to find tricks and solutions, explore new ways etc., and it will only get better. I'm sure one month down the road, we'll half that time.

Also players are free to try to spend time optimizing for hours, or just pick 5 teams do your battles for the day in 5 minutes and move on.

Ok, back to modding my Jawas...
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    i was wondering say 10 people go at the same time at the beginning of say the new raid and each does 2% damage. does that amount to 20% total damage or does it only take whoever does the highest amount?
    The first person whose team dies first will log the damage first. So the damage recorded will be based on the time a player dies (or kills the phase).
  • Options
    If 20 go in P1 simultaneously and each do 2%, then the phase will take a 40% total loss. If they each do 95%, as is quite common in mature guilds, phase 1 will complete with no carryover to phase 2.

Simultaneous damage in a phase always counts toward phase total, but never carries over to nect phase
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Sadly tenacity mods seem broken so your idea, while sound, will amount to naught. A price reduction would be welcome albeit unlikely.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options

And we lack the tools to coordinate. This is a mobile game! Are you telling me that in order to progress in this game I must spend hours discussing tactics with 49 others over some real time comms system??

THIS IS A MOBILE GAME! That's what the poster you responded to also said. Now please think about this again.
  • Options
    KRIS_1220 wrote: »
    Dont see what the rush is

This. By the time we are 85 and geared a bit more it will be easier I'm sure. I don't want another raid that is soloable.

If everyone in a 50 man guild has 5 teams that can do 2% damage in each phase, that's all it takes.
    But tank raid is currently "tuned" for 80.

If you need to get to level 85, to finish it with ease...then there should be one more tier.

T1- tuned purely for level 80 @ G8.
    T2 - what the normal one we have
    Heroic....

It's not just getting to 80 or 85....but all the mods tricked up. Takes lots of credits, crystals etc.
    Not everyone is whaling or shrimping.

This is the important bit here. We were told it was tuned for what is currently available (Lvl 80 G10 5• mods). Not something that may take many of us weeks or months to achieve (5 full squads of lvl 85 G10/11 fully modded with the best mods and the most optimal toons possible).

I totally agree that the heroic and possibly even the current "normal" mode should be tuned for endgame, but this definitely is not "as advertised", and they should seriously consider adding additional tiers.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Naw wrote: »

And we lack the tools to coordinate. This is a mobile game! Are you telling me that in order to progress in this game I must spend hours discussing tactics with 49 others over some real time comms system??

THIS IS A MOBILE GAME! That's what the poster you responded to also said. Now please think about this again.

An option to send inbox messages to the entire guild would be great! But honestly, you dont have to spend hours discussing tactics. You could if you want to, but it's very possible to enjoy the game without all that nonsence. It's only a mobile game afterall ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    The proof is with those who got kicked.
  • Options
    People asked for a harder raid, they got what they wanted.
    When the advanced Guilds got want they wanted, all the non-advanced guilds complained about not being able to do the raid meant for Advanced Guilds. Just stick to the rancor and stop complaining.
  • Options

@Naw - lol exactly. It's a mobile game. Not world of Warcraft where the entire team is in the raid at the same freggin time.

In swgoh Bob wakes up 5am in the morning half drunk, hits the boss few times and passes out. Then Nick, Jane and Candy hits the boss and rest of the team who did 0 damage waits for the freebies.

No need for Ventrilo or Team Speak here.

This is a dumbo overtuned money hungry game who plays of people's desperation.
  • Doggirl211
    240 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    When the advanced Guilds got want they wanted, all the non-advanced guilds complained about not being able to do the raid meant for Advanced Guilds. Just stick to the rancor and stop complaining.

Normal Tank raid is advertised as being tuned for lvl 80, G10, 5• mods, surely you can agree that it doesn't live up to that billing? That has nothing to do with advanced guilds. That's the description the devs put out for the raid.

**Edit-typo
  • Options

It's not hard to set up a reddit page with a clear set of rules. I don't get how you could spend hours coordinating a T7 rancor raid. Set a time. Have people put in placeholders. Have you not done that with your guild? Takes less than an hour to do all of that.

With the new raid you have to babysit everyone so they don't make mistakes. You don't want everyone just emptying the clip without thinking. Maybe it's your guild, but smarter guilds like mine will coordinate better to maximize rewards.

Again, it's a mobile game. We shouldn't have to struggle and spend so much time to accomplish this
  • Options

Even advanced guilds are struggling. Only whales can complete this raid without problems and excessive coordination
  • Options
    I read every player should be doing 2% damage. 50 players would amount to 100%, thus clear the raid.

Our entire guild did a little below 2%.
    So we need 50 guilds to clear the raid...
  • Options
    Why do you think a level cap increase just happened? New gear coming? Raid has been designed with longevity in mind, not for bam-pow-instaloot-nowimbored gameplay.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • Options
    Just how much more powerful do you think our toons are going to be at L85 vs L80?

"Normal" is a brick wall no matter how you look at it. Can we have a 33 million HP Grievous in playable form please? Thx.
  • Options
    I read every player should be doing 2% damage. 50 players would amount to 100%, thus clear the raid.

Our entire guild did a little below 2%.
    So we need 50 guilds to clear the raid...

no, you just need 50 days. Come on, it's interesting! thanks, EA!
  • greensparow
    65 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    deleted and moved to merged thread
  • Options
    Bottom line is this raid is currently tuned for whale guilds. Team Instinct probably did not have any insider information, BUT when everyone in the guild of 50 can throw 20 maxed out teams at the raid it will go down fast, its not a challenge its just a zerg rush.

Most guilds though cant do the same.

Now the guys from Lord Skunk have given us a pretty good guide, its reasonable every step of the way, and you need everyone in the guild to have 40 toons available for the raid, preferably all of them at gear x fully modded.....

Again most guilds cant meet this.

The reason why it takes so much is because this raid was designed so that no one can solo it like the Pit. But if there is no game mechanic that just works in this raid, then there is only one solution, throw toon at it till its done, this whole raid is just a meatgrinder like Phase 4 of the pit.

Its not actually fun, there is not a ton of strategy (yeah some teams will last a few turns longer in some phases but its still a meatgrinder)

Now while I would love for there to be a way to actually do well in this raid through strategy, not just number of gear x toons, I do understand how we got here. everyone complaining about how the pit was too easy, and the top whale guilds especially complaining how it was too easy.

IMHO there is a simple way to fix this whole problem, take the existing tier 7 make a copy of it and for one reduce the HP by a factor of 4, keep everything else the same and call that the new tier 7. the other original tier 7 keep it as is, and add an extra kenobi shard to the payout and call that tier 8. make them the same entry cost and everything.

This gives the whale guilds incentive to do the hard one but lets everyone else still play the game and progress.
  • Bloodreaper
    206 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse @BentWookiee

TTD raid is great, awesome idea and the animation is stellar. It's also not soloable, which I love.
    I am the Reaper
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Be cool if they could lift the '5 attempts' per day thing, be nice to chuck the other cannon fodder onto the AAT Fire.
  • Options
    Has anyone had success with ugnaught
  • GuyfromSyracuse
    993 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    How much HP is each round?

Feels like we barely make a dent
  • Options
    Oh lord lol
  • Options
    If EA intended this to be an end game content challenge for guilds made up only of elites, they should have created a seperate guild system for it open only to players who can field 25 7* g9+ toons for normal and 25+ g10 toons to unlock heroic.

I am not going to abandon the guild for which i am an officer just so i can beat Normal in under a month. I cant imagine wanting much to do with 49 other players who would dump their current guilds.