Tank takedown ( Merged thread)

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Maraxus wrote: »
    After abandoning the heroic at about 80% left of P3, we've opened a normal and have just about made it to P3 after 1 reset. We are now looking to merge with another guild to get MC1 (our first guild) strong enough to do a heroic. If you're interested, please PM me.

scuba so it would seem that a guild that can go to 80% left of p3 is able to go to p3 after 1 reset... Doesn't seem too bad at all then .

T6 does therefore look in line with t7 (easier though since u get the resets)

But that doesn't make me stop thinking there should also be t5. It just makes me think t6 is not **** compared to t7

That is pretty good. I agree maybe still need a lower tier.
  • Options
    This raid is not fun at all. I am one of my top guild mates with several G11 with MK 5 mods and I can do maybe 1.5% damage. The worst part is not the difficulty, I have no problem that people can't 'solo' it anymore, it's the health. Normal Tiers 33 million health is ridiculous. They filled our coin and I doubt it will ever hit 0 if it stays like this. Three days and we're 1/2 way through P1 and I've heard P3-4 are worse. All those who say getting to level 85 might change something are crazy, because you can't get the gear unless you finish the raid. Talk about a raid made by whales for whales.
  • Options
    @Maraxus

I feel like we actually need 4 tiers, not 3, to get a majority of the player base. Basically, Easy tier for public completely unorganized possibly underleveled guilds, Flexible (between easy and normal) for organized but smaller guilds, Normal for organized level appropriate guilds, and Heroic for organized level appropriate p2p (currently, until the rest level up and it becomes accessible to smaller rosters with higher levels). With rewards scaling from Easy at the low end -> Flex -> Normal -> Heroic.

More in depth here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/73205/general-raid-tiers
  • Options
    Lol... maybe you'll find it easier and more enjoyable?
  • Options
    What people don't seem to realize is that the vast majority of guilds don't have 50/50 level 80 members that can solo heroic. I'm fine with the raid being hard for those T7 guilds, but almost every guild doesn't go check the forums, have their guild filled, and have a bunch of great players. All the lower guilds are completely alienated by this, and I just still don't understand why they didn't add any lower tiers for guilds that won't be able to beat this in a month.
  • Options
    What people don't seem to realize is that the vast majority of guilds don't have 50/50 level 80 members that can solo heroic. I'm fine with the raid being hard for those T7 guilds, but almost every guild doesn't go check the forums, have their guild filled, and have a bunch of great players. All the lower guilds are completely alienated by this, and I just still don't understand why they didn't add any lower tiers for guilds that won't be able to beat this in a month.

If guilds can't compete or make the effort, that's on them.
  • Options
    For all of the people saying that it is fine, you do realize that 99% of guilds don't have 50 active members with 5 maxed teams? I've been saying it a bunch, the raid shouldn't last a day, but it shouldn't take a month for many guilds. The raid shouldn't be "end-game content", because that just turns off every new player, or anyone playing for less than like 6 months. The higher tiers should require a high commitment, but there should be lower tiers so people can actually participate in the famous raid that was delayed for months, causing the holding back of major needed reworks like Boba, Maul, etc., and new events. We waited way too long for something that only the very best guilds can even reasonably compete in. Not every guild is filled and maxed out, and we shouldn't try to make people leave lower guilds, instead of helping them.
  • Options
    darkensoul wrote: »
    Yes, because it takes more than one turn meter reduction team to do the raid.

The raid has very different mechanics than Rancor. GG's Tactical Maneuvering, the need for buffs in P2-P4. It's a lot more complicated for people to take in and figure out the best team for each phase. Learning curve is a lot higher and it'll take some time before a lot of guilds can comfortably have this raid on farm. But it's THE end game content and it's suppose to be hard.

It's not that hard, bubba. Just 2% per member per phase. The problem many guilds are having is that the rancor raid was so poorly balanced that guilds have gotten complacent and thus weaker as a whole. There was little incentive to recruit competitive players as our veteran members continued to climb the damage ladder. Now we are paying for it and premium members are hard to come by anyway. We have a core group of maybe 15 hard hitters and the rest are newbs. This isn't enough, obviously.

We have been a top 50 guild for a long time and are actively recruiting now if anyone is interested.

So much consideration for the people you are playing with. I can't imagine the mentality and ambiance in your guild if you are willing to trash 35 members because of a badly tuned raid. Probably not much friends or relatives in your guild, just 35 slaves here to feed your 15 mercs with 35x600 coins a day.
    I'd like to thank you because when I read this kind of posts, it reminds me exactly why I would rather stay in my humble guild with my 40 maxed toons and help my fellow guild members you would describe as " newbs " with gear and strategy rather than join a guild like yours.
  • Options
    It's forcing Guilds to regroup. Our Guild should complete this in 8-10 days at this rate. We are going to have to start kicking lower lvl Members to recruit higher ones.

Guilds will now be rated by how long it takes to do this Raid
  • Options
    For all of the people saying that it is fine, you do realize that 99% of guilds don't have 50 active members with 5 maxed teams? I've been saying it a bunch, the raid shouldn't last a day, but it shouldn't take a month for many guilds. The raid shouldn't be "end-game content", because that just turns off every new player, or anyone playing for less than like 6 months. The higher tiers should require a high commitment, but there should be lower tiers so people can actually participate in the famous raid that was delayed for months, causing the holding back of major needed reworks like Boba, Maul, etc., and new events. We waited way too long for something that only the very best guilds can even reasonably compete in. Not every guild is filled and maxed out, and we shouldn't try to make people leave lower guilds, instead of helping them.

99%? 10% of guilds can do t7, of those around 1% can do the new raid, looks more like 99.9% of guilds
  • GamorreanBard
    121 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I love it. I have teams doing under 50k damage but register 3-5 million. It's great! ::sarcasm::

(8k registering over 3 million here. Thanks!)

http://imgur.com/WLTEens
  • Options
    @TheRHOMBUS
    "Instant Entitlement" You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Nobody is saying that they should have Kenobi in 2 days, or be able to beat the raid in a few hours. The problem is that most guilds aren't filled, and the far majority don't have 50 guys with multiple maxed out squads. This is insanely unfair for the guilds that aren't great, and any casual FTP guilds. I grant you that it will only get easier, but when almost every guild isn't even close to beating P1, then it is unbalanced. A very small portion of the player base go the forums, and the ones that do already have great teams and are miles better than the average player. Even people that have enough commitment to go here are saying that their guilds can't even beat it in under a week. There are easily over 10 thousand active guilds, and of those, only 25 have actually beat the raid in 3 days or under. This raid is way too hard, and most guilds can't do it
  • Options
    @Ing256 That is true, just was too lazy to add the extra .9999999.
    As I said in my previous post, only .25% of guilds have actually beat it so far
  • Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Now I know why this thing was delayed since August, the devs finally finished their first normal raid.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Raid is easy. Over 4.5 million damage normal heroic only doing 28k damage. People complaining are just jealous of these awesome bugs.

http://imgur.com/z7slwDI
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    DarthGozu wrote: »
    Maraxus wrote: »
    After abandoning the heroic at about 80% left of P3, we've opened a normal and have just about made it to P3 after 1 reset. We are now looking to merge with another guild to get MC1 (our first guild) strong enough to do a heroic. If you're interested, please PM me.

@scuba so it would seem that a guild that can go to 80% left of p3 is able to go to p3 after 1 reset... Doesn't seem too bad at all then .

T6 does therefore look in line with t7 (easier though since u get the resets)

But that doesn't make me stop thinking there should also be t5. It just makes me think t6 is not **** compared to t7

Open the score board, go to tank takedown. 12 Heroic kills - 5 Normal Kills. There is clearly a balance issue and people who are disappointed have good reasons to be. The solution could be what you suggested with an easier tier. Because of the way difficulty is factored in normal Tank just like Rancor T6 was through a limited squad number and a massive amount of extra health, these kind of raids don't provide an understandable measurement of a guild progression but they do bring their load of frustration. Rancor T6 was mandatory to access Heroic, I wish this requirement had been kept with Tank raid. Discussions would also have been more productive with the big guilds feedbacks on both tiers.

If the number of Heroic vs Normal kills is concerning you, you should know that many guilds (including mine) jumped the gun and started a Heroic raid which we were unable to finish. Once those guilds step back and start Normal raids that number will shoot up. I do agree though that a Normal kill should've been a requirement in order to start a Heroic raid.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    This raid alienated 75% of the player base and encourages guild jumping. What does that say to the people who are new or been been playing for awhile. Even professional teams have farm teams that grow new players. Saying that most guilds have to grow them in the "50" this raid pretty much is killing that. Our guild has in 2 days lost 50% interest in the lower lvl players.
  • Options
    Since last November when I started playing I was hoping they would release General Kenobi.i was actually ready to even spend a little cash when that would eventually happen,since he's my favorite character.
    You can imagine my excitement when I saw him on Saturday and my disappointment when I realized that I won't get him any time soon (months?a year?) since I'm not a member of any of the elite guilds,for which the new raid is doable.

My guild ((Force United) can kill the heroic rancor in an hour. Hell,a very few of us can solo the whole raid. Yet,all 50 of us are struggling to finish p1 of the normal tank raid for 2 days now.

I wouldn't leave my guild and "betray" my guild mates, even for General Kenobi.

But right now, I'm very,very dissapointed.
  • Options
    Guild hopping is going to be a really big thing with this raid.
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »
    NotMatt wrote: »
    My guild opened the raid just an hour after launch and we haven't even done 10% damage to grievous yet on normal mode. It's gonna take some time to figure out who the metas are for this raid and how to work them. Grievous shreds through our toons so easy though. It's more common for toons to get defeated now before getting a hit in. I haven't even had escape available once yet in this raid. Then again, I've had bad luck with gear drops. The rest of my guild has gear lvl 9 and 10 toons, I'm sitting with 16 lvl 80 7* toons and Haven't gotten any toon past gear lvl 8.

Sorry but what does it mean "we haven't even done 10%" - how many attempts you've made? all 50 players made 1 or all 50 made 5? Just want to have a better idea. Thank you

Our issue is only 12 members can participate in the 6* raids. We are merging with another guild to remedy this.
  • Options
    Lmoon74 wrote: »
    This raid alienated 75% of the player base and encourages guild jumping. What does that say to the people who are new or been been playing for awhile. Even professional teams have farm teams that grow new players. Saying that most guilds have to grow them in the "50" this raid pretty much is killing that. Our guild has in 2 days lost 50% interest in the lower lvl players.

@Lmoon74
    It's even worse than 75%. Only 29 guilds have beat the raid at all as of now, out of 10000+ (idk the exact number, but if anyone is in a terrible guild say your rank). I completely agree with everything you said. Nobody is saying anything on the raid in my guild, and I'm the only one of a few who has actually tried, because we all have essentially given up. I'm trying to get some people to participate because the glitch may happen with a bunch of damage
  • Options
    bitmoji wrote: »

Guild hopping will provide no raid rewards beyond two per week. You're telling me that there will be a mass influx of mercs who want to help people but will receive zero benefit other than helping others collect loot?
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

Guild hopping will provide no raid rewards beyond two per week. You're telling me that there will be a mass influx of mercs who want to help people but will receive zero benefit other than helping others collect loot?

Honestly, I would if I could. Why not, the rewards aren't life changing so why worry about them, to some helping is it's own reward. In another game I lead a guild of 100+ members, founded on helping others in game.

Now where is that dam dagger.. BELLE!
  • Options

Honestly, I would if I could. Why not, the rewards aren't life changing so why worry about them, to some helping is it's own reward.

Life changing? Of course they aren't. This is a game to play in your spare time.

But, If you can commit your time to your guild and then help others on the side, then that's great. Not sure why it's a bad thing. I agree. You wouldn't be able to progress faster than anyone else and help others at the same time.

So tell me why are people mad about the current incarnation of guild hopping? It allows for mercs, which a lot of people wanted, and it gates rewards.
  • Options
    Can anybody ANYBODY ! Point me in the direction or even just show me someone or a video of a full clone team vs the new raid!?!?!? Now i know this is pretty early for such a request but even get me in contact with someone who has the capability to make such a thing possible?
    I watch a lot of YouTube videos for SWGOH but really not sure who has all the clones.

Ps anyone with aany advice or even an offer to make my dreams come true would be greatly appreciated!

Mocking my dreams will not be......
  • Options
    It's a problem if that is the only way to complete it.
  • Options
    So I think I see how Grievous appears to be broken. I don't think he should be able to act like this, but it's possible I'm misunderstanding how he works:

When Grievous is hit 10 times, his "Tactical maneuvering" skill triggers. This fills his turn meter, resets his cooldowns, and grants him the triangle shaped "Tactical Maneuvering" buff.
    He then proceeds to attack. Usually he does his "Baleful Laugh", which resummons the other droids, and then follows with "Grievous Pain", his aoe damage attack.

The apparent bug here is that his turn meter doesn't deplete when he does these attacks. He remains at full meter and then does his basic attack twice. I don't see anything in his skill description that allows him to keep his turn meter.
  • Options

Honestly, I would if I could. Why not, the rewards aren't life changing so why worry about them, to some helping is it's own reward.

Life changing? Of course they aren't. This is a game to play in your spare time.

But, If you can commit your time to your guild and then help others on the side, then that's great. Not sure why it's a bad thing. I agree. You wouldn't be able to progress faster than anyone else and help others at the same time.

So tell me why are people mad about the current incarnation of guild hopping? It allows for mercs, which a lot of people wanted, and it gates rewards.

The current system, is creating an Elite mindset. Many want to be the only ones with certain heroes, or completed a certain mission or goal. It sets them apart. Me, I like hanging with good people, having fun, and forgetting my day to day hassles.
  • Options
    It's more about top tier guilds having multiple "guilds". For example TI has 4. They hop constantly to get gear for their 200 members. The devs gave the keys to the city to guilds like that.