Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    I 've got Omega Ability Mat twice these last days for completing last node. Did anyone notice ???
  • Options
    Omegas are a random drop. Haven't gotten one in about a week.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Now that some whales have gotten to lvl85, I foresee this thread picking up steam.
    As for em I still have an easy node 12 and today I promoted magmatrooper to 7* after waiting three weeks to see if a new char would be added, having 20k tokens...
  • Options
    Humm i don't know about that... I'm lvl 82 with 46K and yesterday i got the easy node 11... The lvl cap increase didn't changed anything as far as i see...
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    The0n3 wrote: »
    Humm i don't know about that... I'm lvl 82 with 46K and yesterday i got the easy node 11... The lvl cap increase didn't changed anything as far as i see...

yep a guildmate has 46k power and still has 2 easy nodes, meanwhile someone else...

N9bQc5y.jpg
  • Options
    The0n3 wrote: »

Yeah, I'm 81 and I still get easy node 12. I was expecting it to get super hard for a little while until I hit max level. Still expecting it, but hasn't happened yet.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I use 6 teams - still at level 81.

My node 12 today consisted of super maxed out level 83 team - with Royal Guard and Rey combo - oh and an EP lead! - seriously ****!
  • Options
    Old threads seemed to indicate that the difficulty of GW is based on the power of the highest power team you won with in the Arena. Is that still the case?
  • StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options
    Yes.

No.

Probably not.

No on really knows, but evidence suggests it's your top 5, and has little or nothing to do with arena power.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Yes.

No.

Probably not.

No on really knows, but evidence suggests it's your top 5, and has little or nothing to do with arena power.

You mean you're actually fighting your top 5 in the arena?
    Lol no that cant be right. I am 100-200 in arena I could never win this, and I win 50% of the time.
  • Options
    Slickdealer, was what you saw on Reddit posted after this?:

"https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/469vj1/sad_post_i_was_wrong_about_galactic_war_using/"

"EDIT: So here's EXACTLY how your opponents are figured, and where my confusion for Arena Rank came in:

We use your LAST PVP SQUAD WIN so long as that power is greater than the last time you won. So we DO take it from Arena, just not RANK, just Squad Power.
  • StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options
    It was never based on arena power. Based on your top 5 in power in your entire roster.

This is per a dev on Reddit.

Link, please.
    vector6000 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Yes.

No.

Probably not.

You mean you're actually fighting your top 5 in the arena?
    Lol no that cant be right. I am 100-200 in arena I could never win this, and I win 50% of the time.

No, I do not use my top 5 power toons in arena.
  • Options
    Basically, I'm trying to figure out if I should still keep intentionally fighting with an under-powered Arena team just to keep my GWs beatable.
  • Options
    Catamount wrote: »

"https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/469vj1/sad_post_i_was_wrong_about_galactic_war_using/"

"EDIT: So here's EXACTLY how your opponents are figured, and where my confusion for Arena Rank came in:

We use your LAST PVP SQUAD WIN so long as that power is greater than the last time you won. So we DO take it from Arena, just not RANK, just Squad Power.

Thanks man, finally that's cleared out. So it's your highest arena power from a winning fight.
    Makes sense.

• StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options
    Basically, I'm trying to figure out if I should still keep intentionally fighting with an under-powered Arena team just to keep my GWs beatable.

I wouldn't. This post is a dude tracking GW power versus his top 5 for a month or two, to find the correlation. He did the same with Arena power, and found that it is almost definitely determined by top 5 and not arena.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/58770/deconstructing-the-galactic-war-power-curve-a-detailed-look/p1
  • Options

Thanks man, finally that's cleared out. So it's your highest arena power from a winning fight.
    Makes sense.

The thing thats weird about this is that I havent experienced the enemy squad being harder as I developed/levelled my squad. In fact I sometimes got the underpowered enemy squad once I levelled my arena squad and won more.
  • Options
    Interesting! Thanks for the feedback StarSon. Now I'm kicking myself for all the weeks I stayed in the 100-200 range when I could have punched higher!
  • Options
    I just realized something else that might confirm what Starson said. If you go to MyGuild and click on Manage, you can sort by Arena power. It has my Arena power as the power of my top 5 (which is way higher than the highest 5 I've fought in Arena with previously.) I'll definitely be placing higher in Arena now =).
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Something's not quite right here. I've been using the same arena team for weeks and a few days ago I had a pushover node 11 in GW. Since then node 11 has been killer. What changed?
  • Options
    Starson is right. open your character screen and total the power of your first five toons. That is what your GW difficulty is based on.
  • Options
    Something's not quite right here. I've been using the same arena team for weeks and a few days ago I had a pushover node 11 in GW. Since then node 11 has been killer. What changed?

What you experienced is a bug. I'm not a pro at detailing how it works, but basically after you reach a certain power level like 38k+ you may occasionally experience easy nodes on 11 and 12. The trade off is you start facing tough nodes earlier. The system tries to match you with teams above your power level and when you reach a certain point the pool of available qualified teams drys up and it resets back to the beginning. That's how you end up with an easy node. It doesn't work all the time and it is a bug so expect it to stop happening entirely after a certain point.
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    Huge amount of misinformation around here...

It is based on the highest arena team you scored a win with. Easily double checked in the guild screen. And proven multiple times in terms of easy node 11/12.
  • Options
    Nobody knows, the devs at EA are drunk most of the time.
  • Options
    GW is still a joke I mean come on u can't even make it have way through without a team taking out 3 or 4 squads. And the dodging is ridiculous especially when I try to make a hit and the other team almost always manages a critical.
  • Options
    I love galaxy wars but tired of seeing royal guard in every team I understand he makes things difficult and that's what galaxy war is about is being difficult but possibly for maybe a month a ban of him in galaxy wars I just wanna play against other teams that don't have him in it...love to go against a scoundrel!!!
  • Options
    I agree. Galaxy wars has many cookie-cutter teams! All jokes aside, it's sad how many RG there are.
  • Options
    Also say anything my main thing is I just wanna see some different people in the galaxy wars
  • Options
    Yeah, I see Rey in every team.