Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    It's Galactic War
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    Fitz wrote: »
    Huge amount of misinformation around here...

It is based on the highest arena team you scored a win with. Easily double checked in the guild screen. And proven multiple times in terms of easy node 11/12.

It's actually been proven more definitively to be top 5, regardless of what we were told by devs: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/58770/deconstructing-the-galactic-war-power-curve-a-detailed-look/p1
  • Options
    I can no longer beat node 9. I sent in a suicide squad and I got zero attacks off versus a really sped up Lando, Emperor, STHan, RG, and GQJ. Most are 9000 points. I have depth but that does no good when the Emperor stuns my entire squad and Lando hammers me to death. My A squad gets a couple of hits and is then done. I have had this problem for several days now. Any ideas?
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

It is based on the highest arena team you scored a win with. Easily double checked in the guild screen. And proven multiple times in terms of easy node 11/12.

It's actually been proven more definitively to be top 5, regardless of what we were told by devs: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/58770/deconstructing-the-galactic-war-power-curve-a-detailed-look/p1

I accepted that explanation until I tried it for myself. It is definitely tied to the arena power displayed in guild management. I think the confusion is caused because this value will increase if you gear/level any of the 5 characters that are factoring into this value, even if they are no longer your arena team.
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    mattawan wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

I accepted that explanation until I tried it for myself. It is definitely tied to the arena power displayed in guild management. I think the confusion is caused because this value will increase if you gear/level any of the 5 characters that are factoring into this value, even if they are no longer your arena team.

Not sure about you, but the arena power displayed in guild management is different (lower) than my actual arena power. Also, for me, it was the other way. For a while I stopped getting an easy node 12. To get it back I added some gear to a couple in my top 5 (not arena) and it came back.

But, all of this just proves that no one (including the devs, probably) actually knows how it works, and we're just guessing. So far, the best guess with the most evidence is top 5, not arena or guild management arena.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Catamount wrote: »
    I just realized something else that might confirm what Starson said. If you go to MyGuild and click on Manage, you can sort by Arena power. It has my Arena power as the power of my top 5 (which is way higher than the highest 5 I've fought in Arena with previously.) I'll definitely be placing higher in Arena now =).

Not necessarily - it all depends on what toons work better with each other as well as power.

I use a Dooku lead (he is maxed) he is actually less powerful than my 6* Vader - so why would I swap out my Dooku lead for a toon that is more powerful, yet inferior in regard to the structure of my team?

Make sense?
  • Options
    Well I saved my best team for the 11th node and got destroyed of course didn't help most of the hits my team went to make were dodged and none of theirs was GW half the time is a waste. One day make it to the 11th node other times lucky to make it halfway
  • Options
    dorian_h1 wrote: »
    I can no longer beat node 9. I sent in a suicide squad and I got zero attacks off versus a really sped up Lando, Emperor, STHan, RG, and GQJ. Most are 9000 points. I have depth but that does no good when the Emperor stuns my entire squad and Lando hammers me to death. My A squad gets a couple of hits and is then done. I have had this problem for several days now. Any ideas?

Retreat (often) is your friend, also making sure your toons are TM primed and have their specials cooled down for next node. Don't use suicide squads unless there is no other way, they have their uses, but can backfire a lot of times as enemy squad gets TM primed + they don't always use specials on weaker toons.

What GW boils down to, if you have the time is, trial and error, take advantage of the mechanics to try and find the combo of moves that leads to best outcome and don't be afraid to abandon and retry nodes you're about to win if you took to much damage or TM/Cooldowns are not optimal (I've had battles where I went from barely winning to almost losing no health/protection when retreating and trying different combos).

GW is a chore, but since I've started using the above approach, I didn't finish GW only once, but even then, only because I hit auto-play when going for retreat and had my A squad wiped.
  • Options
    GW has been so good to me lately; steadily receiving gold mats on completing node 12 since hitting lvl 76.
  • Options
    Carbonari wrote: »
    GW has been so good to me lately; steadily receiving gold mats on completing node 12 since hitting lvl 76.

You enjoy that while it lasts! (In about two weeks you're in trouble... Sad, but true...)
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Jls73 wrote: »
    Well I saved my best team for the 11th node and got destroyed of course didn't help most of the hits my team went to make were dodged and none of theirs was GW half the time is a waste. One day make it to the 11th node other times lucky to make it halfway

I run 6 teams - I use the first 5 (weakest to strongest) on the 1st 5 nodes (1 new team per node) this gains the TM advantage for later battles and usually finish these first battles pretty easily taking minimal damage.

I then re-use my weakest team for node 6 (as this node is where it starts to get significantly more difficult). If my team makes it through - brilliant. I then create a new team based on my surviving toons and what competitive toons I have available in my roster that are not yet already assigned to an existing team.

If my weakest team fails, I usually do enough significant damage to bring in my most strong team (6th team) to wipe them out, gaining TM advantage for later battles, taking minimal damage in the process.

I then continue on with my hybrid weakest team or if totally defeated go into node 7 with my second strongest team.

I continue this process right up to node 11 or 12.

To be honest node 12, 95% of the time is a waste of time - total joke, but can be done about 5% of the time with my existing teams or put together teams - depending what toons I've lost along the way.

I sometimes and most often have about 3 of my strongest teams remaining to fight against node 12. Like I say, most of the time, they will fail because node 12 really is a joke that the devs all seem to be laughing about watching us struggle and complain.

It is important to look at synergy of your team, as well as what teams you are fighting against. For example Wiggs give great synergy together, but facing a team of jedi would be good to go with a team strong against jedi (EP lead, vader, RG, maul or Cad Bane etc etc).

As lynxeur points out above, retreat can be good to help best strategize each battle - I'm not saying GW hasn't become a boring daily chore, these are the best strategies that I know of.

I hope this helps, but like I said, generally node 12 is a joke - but at least I almost always make it to node 12 (may not beat it).
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    GW is a walk in the park compared to the tournament. im out of tokens! :'(
  • Traybor
    96 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Clearly you are defective, @Traybor. You should be deep into Outrage at this point if you weren't able to clear the whole thing.

@EventineElessedil, still defective here. I thought I just might have hit Outrage today, but I managed to get past it. But, jeez, this one was tough.

First, I hit a node 6 that took almost a dozen tries to get through without a loss. Then at node 9, I simply could not find a way through without losing a member of my A-team. I was facing a max geared Lando (L), Palps, RG, QGJ, and Rey. So I took in the B-team hoping the remaining nodes would be OK. (I've been getting the easy 12.) I accepted the loss of three of the team including Old Ben who is often key for getting past the tougher nodes. Then node 11:

Max'd out Shoretrooper, Sun Fac, Genosian Spy, Genosian Soldier, and RG 88 (L).

Holy fark. The Spy was one-shotting most everything. Shoretrooper's taunt meant I'd struggle to even get to the damage dealers. Took nearly everything I had left to whittle them down. I managed, mostly through AOEs, to drop RG 88, but I burned through my entire back up roster before putting my A-team back in.

• Dan_Miller
    20 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This was my last node today. I went through teams A and B and was still unable to kill Sun Fac. I am not that good and have purposefully not leveled or geared my arena since 80. It is definitely impossible for me.
    "Everyone is going to love the new me." - Kylo Ren
  • Options
    So we are 174 pages in and what is EA's response? Fed up running into the Meta, do the devs care?

Thanks but I've had enough of this broken pile of crap, it could have been fun but I feel this has reached its limits.
  • Options
    EA should really listen to the players, i understand GW should be made to have some challenges but at the current rate, this is impossible to finish. There are still plenty of players new (or newish) to the game and at this level, GW is tough to beat with only 1 team possible. There are just not enough credits, gears or energy to make 2-3 teams to fight GW.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    What's weird is this comes very shortly after they announced they were lowering the difficulty of GW in response to complaints that it took too long. It sounds like CG can't make up their minds.

Found it!
    "Galactic War – still one of the most discussed topics in the community, the team has been doing a lot of internal testing to find a way to make Galactic War more enjoyable. The first step is making it not take near as long, and the development team has a solution for this. Starting next week an update will be rolled out that makes some adjustments to Galactic War’s difficulty, which should in turn lower the amount of time it takes for players to complete. We’ll continue to monitor how players are interacting with Galactic War and make additional tuning changes as needed."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/46294/community-update-6-10-2016#latest

This was just three weeks ago! What's going on?

• Options
    Dan_Miller wrote: »
    This was my last node today. I went through teams A and B and was still unable to kill Sun Fac. I am not that good and have purposefully not leveled or geared my arena since 80. It is definitely impossible for me.

Sun Fac really sucks. Best to remove his taunt and attack everyone else first because he will heal himself. But he can't heal his protection, so it might be worth dealing with that to start with. Later teams can deal with everyone else before going back to him.

Basically it all depends on having someone who removes or blocks taunt.
  • Options
    Yesterday i found my easy last nodes were off... Got hard last nodes as a surprise lol... Guess things are changing ... Maybe
  • Options
    I was beating em pretty often but maybe like 4x a week. Then the update happened and bam. ALL I see are 42-44k power node 12s. My best team now is like 36000 power. So even if I kept my strongest team for last one i lose. And I am out of suicide squads by then. I run a rebel team for all those pesky dot teams early. Then I run a dark team for all of those jedi teams. Then I run a jedi team for anything risky. I can sometimes get to node 9 before my main team is in used.still doesn't help. You ever seen the self healing factors of 9000 power characters? 1 hit poof 20% back up to 80%. I'm running like 23 lvl 70+ chars. Oh and the arena on my server. I ink a bunch of my server hack. BECAUSE 2 months ago the owe round rank 500 was 33500. Then it jumped rom 38-44k ?
  • Options
    I'm a lvl 82 and I just made it to the 12th node and faced team DerWolf lvl 85 toons all maxed including a shorestrooper this is crazy to try and battle toons higher than the lvl you are. I don't mind a challenge but come on.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    I have THIRTY ONE 7* toons and could not beat node 11 or 12 today. ****
  • Options
    I can't get past node nine now. It just gets worse and worse.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Don't worry it's WAI apparently
  • Terminex
    37 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Well... time to complain about GW again. Are the devs really out to get us or what? Last node is WAY above my top 5 characters ability to defeat, plus the nodes getting there's typically wipe out all but a few of my best. This is just stupid. Games are supposed to be fun and challenging, not impossibly frustrating. Why do you fool devs keep messing with the formula? Just leave it alone (after fixing matchmaking to be fair, of course)! Get to work on some new features so you can ride this cash train into 2017. You're really starting to lose me here...
  • Lmoon74
    84 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My top 5 toons have been pretty much the same for the last 2 months around 36k. I've been working on fleshing out my other toons but Gw has grown harder and harder every day. Today I'm fighting a maxed lando wiggs team around 46k. Node 11 was just a bit Easier around 42k that decimated most of my best toons.

The only difference these days is I have slowly moved up to 70ish arena instead 120. So I doubt the top 5 toons in my inventory is how my gw is decided

"Update" it took me a hour and a half of redo after redo changing with 5 squads to take down my node 12.
    Post edited by Lmoon74 on
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Well, got back the semi insane node 12.

I played two GWs back to back. The only thing that changed was me leveling up to 83 by completing the daily activity of GW. I leveled a few of my guys and hit restart. I suspected on the way there that somethimg had changed and played accordingly.

It still isn't fun! It''s tedious, repetitive, same toons as enemies, thus only a handful of my own can ever be used.

If this wasn't Star Wars..

• Options
    I actually enjoy GW in its current state.
    Thought you guys would like to see this though
    WTjla5d.png
  • Options
    Once again you guys at EA games have made the GW unbeatable. Why can't y'all leave well enough alone. You only care about the top 1-3% of players. You make the match ups soooo unfair. Once again I'm not playing with light toons. I'm working with maxed out toons but when my A B C and D teams can't even get off 1 let alone two attempts to make 1 move that's not right!!! And before you trolls start in I'm playing with good toons. I may not live in my parents basement and have no other life than this game but I try to get better. Y'all just enjoy beating people down because you got bullied in school.