KNOWN ISSUES - 12/23/2015

Replies

• JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    you can submit a not working as intended refund request through iTunes and it will be granted within 90 days if they Nerf or are changing advertised character pack you bought because it was advertised with a set of stats and for a set amount of money

Actually seeing as how the Bariss purchase only guarantees a 4 star Bariss and other characters while the Dooku purchase only guarantees a 3 star Dooku, then nerfing those characters stats, while keeping their star levels the same, would not be changing what was promised. You were never guaranteed certain stats on character, just star levels. Saying that because you paid for a broken character so they shouldn't fix it is illogical and makes you sound like one of those kids you complain about. IMBA characters break games if they aren't addressed and it would only make sense that EA wants everyone to continue playing, not just the people who bought Bariss and Dooku. Balancing is a part of every multiplayer game regardless of whether it is P2W or F2P and should be done constantly as issues arrive or new characters are released.

That's a pretty deceptive approach. Gamers look at star levels as indicators of abilities. If you release 3/4* toons and then nerf their stats such that they are not performing like a 3/4* you won't have people supporting the game long. Also, for those that purchase AFTER initial release and see the stats from other players, you are buying the toon based on the release stats. In essence then, you are buying the known stats / stars / abilities of that toon and everything else that comes with it.

The issue though is that these toons are not broken. If you have a decently built and broad roster, Dooku is just a guy running around on defense like a chicken with his head cut off. I never have faced a team and been scared of Dooku. Other toons yes, I'm very worried about killing right away, but never Dooku and it's never caused me to lose. Always leave him last to kill. Focus damage on others. Kill the healers / stun them - remove the lifeblood of the team. Force them to use the heal, then focus damage on them during the cool down period. Having your own healers helps as this takes time - but Chewy / Consular / Lumi / Ahsoka are all farmable toons that are really good and can get that job done. And Dooku, he's farmable too - and there's NO better toon at pwning Barriss than Dooku. Between the force lightning stun on Jedis and the ability block on his basic, he can all on his own freeze the Barriss heal for an entire match. Dooku is a farmable F2P / non-pack buying player's toon. Once folks have him they will see he's not OP - you will lose with Dooku - and he will die much faster than you'd like as he's squishy.

I do agree when things are OP or too powerful they should be adjusted, but that's just not the case here. The issue is they are just advanced right now relative to the current state of most people's rosters. The game just went full launch not long ago. Give it time to breath.

• Options
    Nerf is meaningless because the starter pack characters are working just as the payment price and then the game company will make new powerful packs or characters and sell them then old strong characters are getting weak. It will be repeated.
  • davida8546
    216 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Apples and Cannonballs, Davida. The two have nothing to do with the other. Nice job knocking down that Strawman though.

A brand new game, especially one made by a company like EA, is bound to have bugs and balancing issues initially which will need to be addressed. Then here I see a bunch of people complaining because they paid for Barriss and feel that since they paid, they should be guaranteed a significant advantage. An advantage that goes far beyond simply having the extra 4 star healer that they were guaranteed, a 4-star healer that they will still have even if her unblockable God-mode heal gets nerfed.

The best way to reduce her strength in the early game and bring her back to normal for late-game play would be to reduce the strength of her heal in the early ability levels and then raise it in the later ability levels. For example, simply make her ability balance all characters hp in the early ability levels and around level 5 make it balancing plus 10% extra and then a later level can do balancing plus 20-25%.
    Apple and Cannon balls are not related but $1000 is $1000, the concept of scam and deception remain the same.

That said, I am not saying that they should not nerf any chars, everyone makes mistakes. And balance issues need to be addreesed, if there are. But if they do nerf chars they should offer "consolation" lol.

One way to solve the problem which is adopted by other companies; if you nerf Sid you should offer an option to convert Sid into shards which can be used to purcharse any Arena chars (same no of shards). Same with other shipments. Basesd on the location and or char tier. That sounds fair. And guess what people would still keep Sid if Sid is good, but it tells players that the company dont play with your money or efforts.

• Options
    Dooku is absolutely not OP if you're fighting at similar gear / team levels.

Yeah, there's absolutely nothing OP about a toon that hits me SIX times in a row while I sit there and do nothing.
  • Options
    Sw_Home wrote: »
    If u nerf Barris.
    I want to refund my 49.99 usd.
    :)
    Me too. I've payed for Barris like She is now.
    She is not op. With Count u can block her very well. The balancing is ok.
    U only have to test some taktiks.

Sorry bruh, that's not how this works. Microtransactions are non-refundable.

Refer to the Terms of Service, of which you agreed to when you made your account. See paragraphs 3 & 5 in particular: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/webterms/us/en/pc#section5

Handy tip: You can't "opt out" of consumer law.

If I buy a red shirt and it arrives and its blue, the company can't denie me a refund because they write "No refunds" somewhere.
  • Options
    I bought the 5$ Doku pack and I don't plan to spend more money in this game any time soon and guess what, I'm perfectly fine with 50$ barris. Someone needs to support the game and it's perfectly fine to give them "unfair" advantage over f2players.

If I wanted to spend 50$ in a star wars game, I'd be buying star wars battlefront (which I did). Seriously, there are tons of great games where only your skills matter. Mobile games are not among them, they are the reign of people who has the money to spare and is willing to toss it away to kick other's butts.

So please, don't nerf barris and give the opportunity to ppl to support this game, so I don't have to.

(PS I don't have barris)
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    exterminus wrote: »
    Sw_Home wrote: »
    If u nerf Barris.
    I want to refund my 49.99 usd.
    :)
    Me too. I've payed for Barris like She is now.
    She is not op. With Count u can block her very well. The balancing is ok.
    U only have to test some taktiks.

Sorry bruh, that's not how this works. Microtransactions are non-refundable.

Refer to the Terms of Service, of which you agreed to when you made your account. See paragraphs 3 & 5 in particular: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/webterms/us/en/pc#section5

Handy tip: You can't "opt out" of consumer law.

If I buy a red shirt and it arrives and its blue, the company can't denie me a refund because they write "No refunds" somewhere.
    Exactly
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    I think the only issue with Barriss is her healing despite immunity
  • Options
    Seriously no one complains about the AI?
    You dont plan to improve it soon?
    Because it seriously sucks, and this is a real issue in Arena Fight where you have to use it both for défense and attack
  • Options
    There has been none of the Daily Crystal Boosters in my game.
    Live Chat people of EA always say "Post it on the Forum". I wrote it on the Forum. Many people wrote it, too.
    But it does not work.
    Do the people of EA really read this Forum?

EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings Heroes,

I wanted to thank all of you for your topics in the Bugs and Issues forum that you have been posting. Below you will find a list of all the topics that we are aware of and are looking into.

Known topics

General
    • Targeting in battles (unable to switch or select targets when no taunt is present)
    • Multiple Arena awards being sent in the same day
    • Light Side Battle 4-L being too difficult
    • Ally Points not being awarded properly
    • Game stuck on loading screen
    • Display issue for gear (image stretching out of display box)

Characters
    • Barriss Offee healing abilities
    • Count Dooku being too powerful
    • Talia AI healing issue
    • Asajj Ventriss ability issue
  • Options
    @DarkVapor wrote: »
    Because it seriously sucks, and this is a real issue in Arena Fight where you have to use it both for défense and attack

I'm copy pasting a post from a dev over on the subreddit who's a lot more active in responding than the mods on this board. Gives a bit of history regarding PvP AI and how they go to where it is now.

When we first launched the game in beta, PvP was 100% auto-battle. You couldn't target, there was no real AI, nada. OBVIOUSLY, that wasn't very popular.

v2 we updated the AI, still no auto-battle, still not very popular. The problem was, now, that defender AI was effectively not losing. So, yeah, AI = Skynet.

v3, we updated the AI to behave a little bit better and introduced manual battling. We only had a 3-minute timer (boo!).

v4, 5 minute timer, some minor AI improvements.

So, here's the deal. If you auto-battle in PvP, you've got no one to blame but yourself if you lose :P

I cannot give you perfect situational automatic usage of a character's abilities, because then it wouldn't be PvP. It would be AIvAI and what's the point? I can't give the defender perfect usage of their abilities because then everyone would PM me about how I suck because OMGPVPDEFENDERSARESOOP.

So we have struck a balance, and one that we're constantly watching and tweaking.

Beyond that, all I can say (as I have noted in nearly every PvP thread so far), is that we DO have changes coming for PvP. When? Soon™. How significant? I can't say, but they're important.

We do pay attention to this stuff, and I sincerely appreciate your feedback on this. We are working on making it better :D
  • Options
    Slushie wrote: »
    @DarkVapor wrote: »

I'm copy pasting a post from a dev over on the subreddit who's a lot more active in responding than the mods on this board. Gives a bit of history regarding PvP AI and how they go to where it is now.

When we first launched the game in beta, PvP was 100% auto-battle. You couldn't target, there was no real AI, nada. OBVIOUSLY, that wasn't very popular.

v2 we updated the AI, still no auto-battle, still not very popular. The problem was, now, that defender AI was effectively not losing. So, yeah, AI = Skynet.

v3, we updated the AI to behave a little bit better and introduced manual battling. We only had a 3-minute timer (boo!).

v4, 5 minute timer, some minor AI improvements.

So, here's the deal. If you auto-battle in PvP, you've got no one to blame but yourself if you lose :P

I cannot give you perfect situational automatic usage of a character's abilities, because then it wouldn't be PvP. It would be AIvAI and what's the point? I can't give the defender perfect usage of their abilities because then everyone would PM me about how I suck because OMGPVPDEFENDERSARESOOP.

So we have struck a balance, and one that we're constantly watching and tweaking.

Beyond that, all I can say (as I have noted in nearly every PvP thread so far), is that we DO have changes coming for PvP. When? Soon™. How significant? I can't say, but they're important.

We do pay attention to this stuff, and I sincerely appreciate your feedback on this. We are working on making it better :D

Got your points, and look forward to the changes in PvP!
    Thanks for your attention and exhaustive answer

---

May the force be with you
  • Options
    I'm copy pasting a post from a dev over on the subreddit who's a lot more active in responding than the mods on this board.

Don't suppose that "active dev" has mentioned anything regarding the different daily crystal packages people are seeing, have they?
  • Options
    I'm copy pasting a post from a dev over on the subreddit who's a lot more active in responding than the mods on this board.

Don't suppose that "active dev" has mentioned anything regarding the different daily crystal packages people are seeing, have they?

It's EA, Money > all else. Making it so people can spend more has more priority over there.
  • Options
    SauS wrote: »

It's EA, Money > all else. Making it so people can spend more has more priority over there.

Developer is not EA technically, so that's not really true.
  • Options
    General
    • Multiple Arena awards being sent in the same day

I would submit that I am in favor if pretending this isn't a bug... ;)

SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Options
    Sorry to go off point, but I can't find a similar thread, or where to start a new one. In my achievements it says to promote 5 characters , well I have all of my characters promoted to at least level 40 and it still shows I have only upgraded 1 character. Am i missing something?
  • Options
    Why can Barris heal if sidious anti heal effect is affecting someone. Like I just recently lost the galactic war because of this bull crap. Fix this nonsense plz
  • Options
    For those who were saying DOOKU is OP are **** or kids....BARRIS IS LIABILITY as long you have those 2 characters (D.S. and J.N.A). I AM VERY HAPPY TO MEET ALL BARRIS LIABILITY TEAM IN MY ARENA....
  • Options
    Sorry to go off point, but I can't find a similar thread, or where to start a new one. In my achievements it says to promote 5 characters , well I have all of my characters promoted to at least level 40 and it still shows I have only upgraded 1 character. Am i missing something?

What you're talking about is leveling your characters, not promoting.

Promoting is when you increase the star rank of your character by collecting shards.
  • Options
    Why can Barris heal if sidious anti heal effect is affecting someone. Like I just recently lost the galactic war because of this bull crap. Fix this nonsense plz

What's there to fix? It's not broken, her health equalisation mechanic is working as intended.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    I dont care about the character or the $ tbh. I care about the principal involved here.
    Anyone who boughg bariss/dooku etc paid for a crrtain thing to do a certain job for whatever their reasons were but they bought it. They paid real $ for it and it would be the very example of bad business (a bait/switch tactic) if they alter the character after the purchase.

I say, if the developers or EA want to alter the character then they are altering the deal which should be subject to reimbursment or comoensation. Its almost like a breach of contract of sorts.

Its like buying a ferari at full price then when you get 1st oul change they yank out the motor an put i a honda motor. How wouod you feel? What wouod you do?. Its the exact same thing. The follar ammount inbolved is not relevant here its the principal and they are gonan show us all soon how they do business. If they alter the characters w/ no compensation then its just dirty business (i pray they arent that foolish)
  • Options
    Greetings Heroes,

I wanted to thank all of you for your topics in the Bugs and Issues forum that you have been posting. Below you will find a list of all the topics that we are aware of and are looking into.

Known topics

General
    • Light Side Battle 4-L being too difficult

Yes 4-L gives probs...But...

I am level 38 and had probs with this one... The granates always killed my Jawa(3*) and my Resistance Trooper(2*)... Giving me only a one star win in the end...
    so i came up with this plan ☺️...dont include them ..only use 3 guys (chewbacca 4*, Consular 3* and Plo Koon 3* (5-4-4 in gear) and then choose Bariss as loan a Hero
    = 2Tanks and 2 Healers...(choose hero after what you ate lacking here )

It works ☺️
  • ventsel
    56 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    1. When would the targeting bug be fixed? It makes arena battles totally impossible.
    2. When would gear upgrade bug BE NOTICED? When gear upgrade makes stats worse, not better? It's like two weeks and it still isn't even listed here, is there any hope for it to be fixed, or we are paying for making our chars worse?
  • thebotol
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    AGI gear II challenge savage oppress dealing 90k damage to everyone, what??
    Post edited by Lightforce22 on
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    I dont care about the character or the $ tbh. I care about the principal involved here.
    Anyone who boughg bariss/dooku etc paid for a crrtain thing to do a certain job for whatever their reasons were but they bought it. They paid real $ for it and it would be the very example of bad business (a bait/switch tactic) if they alter the character after the purchase.

I say, if the developers or EA want to alter the character then they are altering the deal which should be subject to reimbursment or comoensation. Its almost like a breach of contract of sorts.

Its like buying a ferari at full price then when you get 1st oul change they yank out the motor an put i a honda motor. How wouod you feel? What wouod you do?. Its the exact same thing. The follar ammount inbolved is not relevant here its the principal and they are gonan show us all soon how they do business. If they alter the characters w/ no compensation then its just dirty business (i pray they arent that foolish)

You have to realize that first and foremost this is a store that sells product, they will balance enough to keep people purchasing from the store. They have a store manager, there is no support the game or don't support the game its just a store. The medium to which they are driving sales is the game which doesn't even have to be very good, all it has to do is turn a profit to be successful. Yes it seems like a game where one can compete against others online but it is not. It is a cash cow designed by Disney and EA to pad their bottom line. Don't be fooled its a ruse always has been look at the business model. You think it was designed for your enjoyment if you pay a few bucks, but the guy who paid a few bucks more is enjoying beating you which perpetuates sales and how is this a game now?
  • Options
    @thebotol wrote: »
    AGI gear II challenge savage oppress dealing 90k damage to everyone, ****??

That's not a bug, that's an intended part of the challenge design. Heal after he does that. If the droids are attacking and killing before you can heal then kill the droids before he does that attack.
  • Tera_Nightwalker
    23 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    GenghisDon wrote: »
    Nerf dooku and or BO and me and my wallet quit. People spent money to get these because they are great toons.

AGREED....purchased as offered....deal done....

reducing whatever now, cause the whiner faction just cries loud enough, is like stealing our purchased value after purchase.....

would be like selling someone 100 gallons of fuel with a discount for roundabout 100 gallons...and after purchase say, "sry, have to pump off some gallons again, others think you had an unfair advantage"

it's as always and everywhere...a major percentage of those not having something and can't live with that, prefer to focus on complains and time wasting cries...instead of working on an effective strategy to counter these chars...

Know what? I have both...and can tell you, for once, be happy NOT to have Dooku...he's a pain in the a** to promote, due to most crappy shard drop rate of all....50 Luminara shards from Galactic War, 3 days....30 Dooku shards from drops, expect 2-3 weeks...other normal chars outlevel purchased Dooku, due to buggy, or very evil intended drop rate....
    THAT would be worth an issue...not Dooku is too IMBA...

And second, I mostly play without Dooku now anyway....got a droid fight team,. HK47, IG88, IG86, Talia/Daka, Poogle/Sidious....get them, and and see what they do with a Dooku + Baris team....
    Dooku mostly is an instant kill, if IG86 hits with his critical team assist shot sniper, followed by a hit from HK47 or IG88....oh wait, that makes Droid damage IMBA.....maybe droids should be nerved next... LOL

No, they are one of many tactics, also Baris is no match....HK's grenade blocks Baris heal, then brute force damage takes her down in no time....

And there are other counter tactics for Dooku/Baris...dont't have the char, but one of these Hoth Troppers has a very brutal high damage sniper shot....useful against both...
    And there is a char, firing 3 pistol shots in one attack, each round...name not clear...also very good damage....but dont use on high health Dooku....if he survives, he also counterattacks 3 times ;)

• Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    So haven't read every bug but i havent seen this one me mentioned. I just hit lvl 50 and went to upgrade sids leaded ability, but it is greyed out even though i meat lvl and material requirements. Same with lukes bullseye and old dakas heal. I restarted the game but it didn't help.
  • Nz420
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The count was op. Every time I hit him he would counter then get a normal attack with a bonus attack building his turn meter for another attack followed by another bonus. 5 attacks for every one that hit him
    Post edited by Lightforce22 on