Qui-Gonn team synergies

Replies

• Options
    Don't overlook Kit Fisto in the Jedi team, if you have him. His multi-attack chances and counter chances seem low at my current ability levels, but I've got him at 6* so far and enjoying him on my B team, which is where I think QGJ is going to land.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    Don't have Fisto. The Jedi I have are Lumi, JC, Barriss, Plo Koon and Ahsoka.
  • Options
    Plo Koon seems to me, to fill a very specific role. If I remember right, he does more damage against droids than anyone else. Doesn't mean he can't fit into your rotation, but I think I'd insert Ahsoka before him
  • Options
    Unfortunately Leveling Ahsoka conflicts with Qui Gonn. Plo Koon has Clone synergies not droid. He can only be good one day when a couple more good clones are released.
  • Options
    I run Sid (L) 5*/7, Lumi 6*/7, GS 4*/7, Daka 6*/7, and JC 6*/8 and usually roll through the first 6 battles without breaking a sweat. Having stud healers and a third healer make a huge difference in keeping cool downs off and health full to hit your stride for the back half of GW. I think having a strong Daka would help you a ton, or even just having her to keep your other healers fresh.
  • Options
    Ah, I'm getting him confused with one of the other B-tier Jedi. My apologies!
  • Cecton
    234 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Bro I have Daka and she is useless, her revive is cool but it rarely works for me, guess I have bad luck.
    I am level 65 and stay in the 200-500 bracket
    I have around 20,000 power in arena
    I beat it for the first time today with
    Sid
    Lumi
    JC
    Ig86
    I used poggle untill battle 6 which was when he died, then i used daka, she died in battle 7 and then fives lasted me untill i finished it

sid is 7* lumi 6* jc 5* ig86 and poggle 4* fives 4*

Once i get qui gon he will be my leader instead of lumi, and hope it will be much easier to beat

I second this. I farmed Daka because she was so highly recommended but so far she seems useless in GW and arena overall. She is much more annoying to fight against than having her in your team. She is needed for the DS battles but overall I have been very underwhelmed.

Then again I also have Barriss for GW so I don't rely on Daka as much for a healer.
  • Options
    floods wrote: »
    I run Sid (L) 5*/7, Lumi 6*/7, GS 4*/7, Daka 6*/7, and JC 6*/8 and usually roll through the first 6 battles without breaking a sweat. Having stud healers and a third healer make a huge difference in keeping cool downs off and health full to hit your stride for the back half of GW. I think having a strong Daka would help you a ton, or even just having her to keep your other healers fresh.

This is the same team I run, except Daka is only at 4*, Sid 7*, Lumi 7*, JC 4*. I have been beating is 90% of the time now since I got Daka. Her stun and revive are extremely helpful, so I would recommend getting her unlocked, and then switching to Poe or QGJ.
  • Options
    Daka rules GW. Oh, those stuns... Who cares about her revives when you have the retreat button and RNG on your side (eventually :lol:)!
  • Options
    Plo has good offense down and defence up specials though? I haven't got him to try yet, but was thinking he is an easy farm.

Poggle isn't affected by jedi only attacks so he is very useful on any team, worth the effort. He is also completey useful at the 4* level which is very valuable also.
  • Options
    My current GW lineup is
    Phasma
    Han
    Lumi
    JC
    Ahsoka or Ventress depending on whether or not the enemy has two or more characters applying buffs/taunting.

Complete every time, sometimes I lose Han at some point - then I replace him with Chewie.

If the next team is higher level than mine, I soften it up with my second-rate toons.
  • Options
    Plo has good offense down and defence up specials though? I haven't got him to try yet, but was thinking he is an easy farm.

Poggle isn't affected by jedi only attacks so he is very useful on any team, worth the effort. He is also completey useful at the 4* level which is very valuable also.

Plo does very little damage and his debuffs rarely work. His defense buff gives turn meter to clone team members which was awesome when I was running clone Sgt. And 5s early on. I could see him being used if we get at least one more solid clone like 5s.

• Options
    I use Daka as a wild card when I come up against a particularly difficult team. It usually only takes a couple retreats to get a good RNG from her and a couple good stuns and maybe a revive can make a huge difference in a match.

She's also amazing for the Savage Oppress challenge. Her stun seems to proc all the time, though it's probably more that his tenacity is super low. Plus she can heal and maybe bring someone back if you get unlucky with the droids.
  • Options
    His 1st move with awesome speed will be an ally assist shot...

My Lumi just got taken out by an ally assisted shot from QGJ and IG86... 1st turn
  • Options
    That's his second shot, his third one can clear a buff & buff his whole team. He can be a game changer. :)
  • Options
    I'm still farming Daka (forever, like everyone in Cantina). The moment I finish her, I'm jumping on the QGJ bandwagon. I have him at 3* and he's a bit squishy, but hits hard. Love the debuff. You're right, the Poe solution.

Have to level him up quick before everyone else does!
  • Options
    DarthBooey wrote: »
    I'm still farming Daka (forever, like everyone in Cantina). The moment I finish her, I'm jumping on the QGJ bandwagon. I have him at 3* and he's a bit squishy, but hits hard. Love the debuff. You're right, the Poe solution.

Have to level him up quick before everyone else does!

He is no Poe panacea, that debuff can miss, especially on Poe... But it does make the coin flip less painful when you lose the toss.

• Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    No. The coin flip isnt changed at all by QGJ. Having QGJ is just snowball for the winner of the Poe coin-flip. QGJ isn't countering or changing anything, not even softly. Here is how it plays out.
    Team 1 Poe (T1P)
    Team 1 QGJ (T1Q)
    Team 1 Geonesian Soldier (T1G)
    Team 2 Poe (T2P)
    Team 2 QGJ (T2Q)
    Team 2 Geonesian Soldier (T2G)

For simplicity, assume that Team 1 wins the Poe roll in going first.

T1P - Taunts
    T1G - Calls ally targeting T2Q
    T1Q - Cally ally targeting T2Q
    T2Q died
    T2P - Taunts
    T2G - Calls ally targeting T1Q
    T1Q survives
    T1Q removed T2P Taunt, prividing his team with Offense Up
    Team 1 cleans up the remainder of Team 2.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    No. The coin flip isnt changed at all by QGJ. Having QGJ is just snowball for the winner of the Poe coin-flip. QGJ isn't countering or changing anything, not even softly. Here is how it plays out.
    Team 1 Poe (T1P)
    Team 1 QGJ (T1Q)
    Team 2 Poe (T2P)
    Team 2 QGJ (T2Q)

T1P - Taunts
    T2Q died
    T2P - Taunts
    T1Q survives

I notice in your perfect world there is no dodge or assist.

As stated he can make the coin flip less painful when you lose. :D I said CAN not Will. Geez.

• Options
    QGJ doesn't fix the whole problem, but at least part of it. You are assuming T1G/T1Q focus fire on T2Q which seldom happens(and ofc it can happen) in defense. T2Q is likely to survive after T1G/T1Q and debuff T1P and buff the whole team.
    What happen next depends on the remaining slot.
  • Options
    Best Jedis are Kit Fisto and Ayla Secura ... but you have to be very lucky to get them, since they're not farmable. Lumi for heal is a very good choice, since she puts out lots of dmg too.
  • Options
    QGJ doesn't fix the whole problem, but at least part of it. You are assuming T1G/T1Q focus fire on T2Q which seldom happens(and ofc it can happen) in defense. T2Q is likely to survive after T1G/T1Q and debuff T1P and buff the whole team.
    What happen next depends on the remaining slot.

Plus the more turn-meter a toon has, the higher turn-meter reduction he receives. For instance, consider there is a T1F(FOTP) who moves in turn 9, which is the same turn as T2P. If T2P won the coin flip, T1F would receive a total of 263 turn meter reduction, as opposed to 204 when T2P go first in this game.
  • Options
    I have Kit almost 5* and I feel he is the weak link on my Jedi team - QGJ 4*, Anakin 4*, JC 4*, Lumi 4*, Kit 4*. He seems to do the least damage, his buff never seems to proc, ever, and his counter doesn't pop up all that often. He has a lot of HP, but that just means he is the last one standing with damage that leaves him impotent to do anything.

As for QGJ I use him in the team I just stated, which is the one I use to safely slog my way through GW. I also use him in my arena droid team as I'm missing Poggle. HK-47, IG-86, IG-88, Poe, QGJ. I like that QGJ removes the Poe taunt if other team has one and gets a taunt off. I also like his assist. Kind of helps fill the damage void from not bringing someone along like GS. If other team doesn't have someone like Poe, between 86 and QGJ's assist I can usually be up 5-3 or 5-4, with one barely hanging on after first round. QGJ seems extremely versatile.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Pilot wrote: »
    Team 1 Poe (T1P)
    Team 1 QGJ (T1Q)
    Team 2 Poe (T2P)
    Team 2 QGJ (T2Q)

T1P - Taunts
    T2Q died
    T2P - Taunts
    T1Q survives

I notice in your perfect world there is no dodge or assist.

As stated he can make the coin flip less painful when you lose. :D I said CAN not Will. Geez.

I also see that every team is going to have a Poe/QGJ/GS on it.
  • Options
    Best F2p quigon team?
  • Options
    Rothyr wrote: »
    Not so SOL anymore, eh? ;)

Haha nope, not at all!
  • Options
    Right now I'm going for QGJ (lead), Lumi, Poe, Rey and GS. I should be able to have her at 5* by the time I get QGJ high enough, since I've been working on her a month and a half
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Phasma (lead), QGJ, GS, Lumi and Poe would also be quite strong. Dakka would also be a good character for the squad, but I can't work on her at the same time

If you want to run more Jedi, Bariss and JC are your best bets
  • Options
    QGJ can pretty much scale to most teams :).
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Iam just experimenting with this this is my best and current trial, but if you are f2p I think you should use phasma as lead no jinn

Jinn 5*
    Old Ben 5*
    Kylo 7* / lumi 6*
    Poe 6*
    Tie pilot 5*

With lumi in replace of kylo the match can drag on a bit but I can get 2x heals off and win still. I am still experimenting with combos I only wish you could have 6x heros instead of 5.