Game Update 12/6/2016 Comments and Questions - ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    They must make serious bank on these things.

Or someone thinks they are a good idea..
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    ugh the costs have gone up too!
  • Options
    Putting at least some to places where everyone has a chance to get them.
  • Options
    What title says. It doesn't give any benefit, just means we can attack less. Whales can get all the ally points they need so this only gives them further advantage
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Another ridiculous ladder battle, can't wait to get 20 shards I can't use
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    They just need to call tournaments what they really are: a reward system for spending lots of money and time on the game.
  • Options
    how about a moratorium on no new ones. lets get the ones we have working.
  • Mvnson
    234 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Gotta start "managing my resources" and saving for Galactic Gear packs now. I think 2017 is completely booked to acquire these cuffs for toons I already have, but there's room next, next year I guess.
  • Options
    Gotta echo the sick of tournaments line. Saturating overpowered characters that make everyone else you've been at the grind for a year to get and power up suddenly irrelevant.....

Yeah. More Yoda/Palp style events. Work hard, little luck, guaranteed result. Also what a backhand to introduce tournaments and have everyone blow all that extra gw currency on ally points right before you put Baze in shard shop and put ships in gw shop.

And can we get some long standing character issues fixed (teebo) before new characters?
  • Options
    The original game name was SWGOR. Star Wars Galaxy of Rebels.
  • Options
    Events = Yay!
    Tournaments = Boo!

This
  • Options
    the cost increase is a step in the right direction and should reduce the overall number of attacks that players can make. However not sure if it is enough of an increase to make a significant difference.
  • Options
    It means fewer attacks.
    Which means less time invested.
    Which means less grind.
    Which is good.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    how about a moratorium on no new ones. lets get the ones we have working.

I'm perfectly okay with that, but it doesn't seem like they'll stop until everyone from Rogue One is in the game. :P
  • Options
    djvita wrote: »
    ugh the costs have gone up too!

Too many peasants getting too high in the brackets. Must keep lordly items in the hands of the gold givers.
  • Options
    don't worry buy some galatic gear packs and i'm sure soon they will have crystals to purchase ally points
  • Options
    Yes, the tournaments got old far too fast. But it seems these are the devs' new favourite way of placating the whales.
  • Options
    Shorter grind = good
    Whales even more dominant = bad
  • Options
    Rockstar wrote: »
    Gotta echo the sick of tournaments line. Saturating overpowered characters that make everyone else you've been at the grind for a year to get and power up suddenly irrelevant.....

Yeah. More Yoda/Palp style events. Work hard, little luck, guaranteed result. Also what a backhand to introduce tournaments and have everyone blow all that extra gw currency on ally points right before you put Baze in shard shop and put ships in gw shop.

And can we get some long standing character issues fixed (teebo) before new characters?

Eat your gruel and like it, orphan!
  • Options
    I don't even know how to state my dissatisfaction... Tournaments are simply no fun.
  • Options
    Just try to weather the storm, friend. EA needs to milk this movie for money, and that includes making it relatable for the people who are brought into the SW universe by this movie (crazy that this will be the first Star Wars movie many see). Once the movie is out of theatres I suspect other factions will get some much needed TLC. I have been complaining about the same thing, as I am all Jedi.
  • Options
    Serious? AoE that gives 100% turn meter to target ally and revives a random ally at 20% for each crit. Won't be hard considering her basic grants her advantage.

Can we please rework existing characters instead of creating more bloated characters with 6 abilities?
  • Options
    oh yeay another tournament grind for a character such a small portion of the player base will get yeay..... cant we just have new chars added to node's/shipments or god forbid some new events so you dont have to be glued to your device for 2-3 days to get the char
  • Options
    They just gave a bunch of chars to easily farmable locations, however if you meant new chars released to easy to farm areas I don't see then doing that very often.

Although as an almost F2P player I have had great success in the tourneys. Sure I won't 7* them anytime soon but I do have them.
  • Options
    Yay! Not yay to tournaments but the bug fixing!
  • Options
    When I need to finish tourney to unlock Jyn? Idont know if I should spend gw currency for ap
  • Options
    My client is also showing a second tournament for shards of K2SO, starting in 7 hours. Is this an error?
  • Options
    It's top 10 for the under 80 club if it's the same as vader the past few it was top 25 for the 70-79
  • Options
    Currently only the top 25 are getting the basic character unlock. The other ~99.5% of the player base cant even unlock the character to play around with a new toy at the basic level. Can we try a more lenient reward scale? Something for the general player base? Keep it top heavy but let people play for an actual prize outside of the top 0.5%.

#1: 330 shards (7*), #2-5: 230 (6*), #6-25: 175, #26-100: 145 (5*), #101-200: 110, #201-1000: 95, #1001-2500 (top 50%): 80 (4*)

Then make tournament characters accessible to acquire somewhere immediately after the tournament ends.
  • Options
    No more chirrut?

@CG_Kozispoon
    @ea_Jesse
This discussion has been closed.