Game Update 12/6/2016 Comments and Questions - ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Game balancing needs to be addressed, I have a team mate whos shard mates reached out to him on here because no one could take first from him while he was running a 4* Chirrut. If a 4* toon can keep fully crafted 7* geared and modded toons at bay then the power creep is real. So many characters I don't even want to finish gearing because their worthless now with the power level and abilities of the new characters.
  • Options
    I see the other Rogue One tournament. The client update pushed.
  • Options
    I am using my ally point to get bronzium packs. Get more than a few shards from a character that will sit there for a year. Lol
  • Options
    I like events better than tournaments, no doubt about it! But having said that, tournaments aren't the worst thing. However, I wish they would FINISH UP what they started! I would much rather see another Vader TIE Fighter or Shoretrooper tournament than this. I mean another new Rebel character? It's hard to be motivated and excited about something when you know you'll get shards that are going to sit there for months before you can actually use them... BRING BACK VADER TIE FIGHTER AND SHORETROOPER!
  • Options
    Why no droid event for iOS? @CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    Well it says earn shards for... so I doubt we will be getting the whole toon. Was it not too long ago I hear you all got Wedge? I got Biggs. So in the scheme of things we were due something good. :) Knowing our luck they will just give you the whole toon.
  • Options
    MeiYuDai wrote: »
    Y'all appear to to understand how this system works. If you don't pay to play, you don't get the new toys. You can't just give away your top content. It has to cost money.

I've paid my share and thanks to their broken rancor rewards system that gives me the same useless piece of raid gear, nubien tech that nobody uses, I'm far behind in gear and have a hard time competing. So ignorant statements like this upset me. I pay. I play. And I'm still behind thru no fault of my own. They need to fix their game before throwing tournament after worthless tournament at us.
  • Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    xanderxman wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Look, here's my point--if you don't like the tournaments, cool. That's cool, your opinion is valid and cool, and I sort of agree with you to a point.

But don't use dumb logic. Don't say it's a cash grab when it's not a crystal-refresh. Dislike it for good reasons.

You do realize that you can refresh GW to buy more ally points, right? And those refreshes cost crystals.
    Tell me how to buy GW tokens with crystals.

You don't. But if you have a few hundred thousand saved up since you already have every character out of GW then you don't need to. You just refresh to buy ally points. Not a hard concept.
  • Options
    gannnon22 wrote: »
    i almost wonder if it would be better for it to just use something you cant farm like actuall GW tokens or arena tokens

They just need to put a daily limit on how many times you can attack or refresh. That's the only way to keep it moderately fair.
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, someone who gets me
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    I would be happy for anything but a tournament.

+1 dang really though. Please bring back EP or a similar event to him/Yoda.
  • Options
    Verification that our iOS does not see it.
  • Options

So tired of tournaments.
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Another boring tournament. Come on. Enough is enough. What makes it worse is you change the rewards every tournament so only the top 25 ever have the reward. It kind if makes everyone else think what's the point? Do a Palpatine event, Ewok event, a new empire event, anything. Please please please stop with the stupid tournaments.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah iOS here and no event. Will we be able to get K2 as well??????
    Or Cassian Andor? Pao? Bodhi Rook? Orsen Krennic.
    !?!?!?!? Just make it fair for everyone :)
  • Options
    Anyone else find it frustrating when you are in the level 80+ shard for tournaments, but you have only been Level 80 for a month or two. Going up against folks who have been level 80 for 6 or 8 months with 3 times as many strong toons kind of takes the wind out of the sail. So here are some ideas to make the tournaments more fair:
    1. Allow more rankings to unlock the special character or ship.
    2. Bracket shards based on around the time you started playing SWGOH, rather than by level bracket...especially for the 80+ shards.
    What do you think? Any other ideas EA should consider?
  • Options

So tired of tournaments.

Think everyone is but the whales. Pointless to participate when same people win and get the toons everytime.
  • Options
    These tournaments are absurd, they take WAY too much time, and they last way longer than they should. The prizes are not great and it just seems to shove more p2p characters into the hands of people who have enough free time to do 100 squad battles in a row to snipe first place. I'm not f2p by any means, but I would never spend money on a tournament that is no fun at all. Please either adjust them, or get rid of them entirely.
  • Options
    Please address the gear crunch and raid rewards system instead of devoting so much time to events that please 5% of the player base. If you don't do this you're gonna be left with just those 5% playing your game. There are literally 50 or so issues that need to be addressed.
  • StarSon
    7452 posts Member
    Options
    Well it says earn shards for... so I doubt we will be getting the whole toon. Was it not too long ago I hear you all got Wedge? I got Biggs. So in the scheme of things we were due something good. :) Knowing our luck they will just give you the whole toon.

Exactly, they evened it out. And for TFA iOS got Poe and Android got Phasma. They have never given a completely exclusive character to a single platform without reciprocating to the other.
  • Options
    Cassian is listed on K2s abilities as an assist. So he is coming
  • Options
    Completely agree! cannot believe we are going to have yet another one for the new Rogue One Toon, not fun at all and lasts way too long!
  • Options

Our guild "Y0da lay hee hooo" is looking to merge with another similar guild.
    We are a strong team but with a few too many just hanging on for the ride....
    ....this is where you and your best 20 or 25 players come and join us in the chase for general kenobi shards.

We are a mostly Australian guild with a few from everwhere.
    T7 Rancor raiding with a 0 24hr period and then a free for all after that....
    ....but most of us have han solo and dont care for the rancor raid so much

AAT TANK RAID....
    We are very interested into progressing onto heroic tank raid. Having finished normal 4-5 times and getting faster even with the loose ends.
    I'm very happy to discuss a merge with you and your guild. Make anyone you like an officer.
    We don't have a exterior chat just yet but looking at setting on up when you join.

This will benefit us all

Message me here
    Ally invite me 526-798-443 name is patattack.
  • Options
    Android user here standing up with my iPhone sisters and brothers! Please give it to em or at least hook em up with something nice...solidarity!
  • Options
    GCor71 wrote: »
    I am using my ally point to get bronzium packs. Get more than a few shards from a character that will sit there for a year. Lol

This is pretty much my view on this upcoming event and the rest too. I tried really hard for the last three and got 15 shards and some credits. Now all this time later and I STILL have the same number of shards because I can't get enough to activate the characters without paying... I don't see the point in the events now since realising this.
  • Options
    Maybe you devs will think a little for once. WE DONT WANT THESE TOURNAMENTS ANY MORE! Can you read? Can you see that we don't like them? Push an EP event or military might instead. The tournament format is garbage and is far too much of a time commitment for a slight chance at the new characters. STOP PUSHING THESE TOURNAMENTS ON US. LEARN TO READ!
  • Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    Eating meat helps to cope with three situations

Bwahahahahahaaha! I'm sure Star Wars characters will be on meat packages and just about every household product soon. Did you see the Star Wars special edition razor blades?
  • Options
    Use the combined power of your top 15 or 20 toons to bracket, rather than just the top 5 as I believe they do now.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Currently only the top 25 are getting the basic character unlock. The other ~99.5% of the player base cant even unlock the character to play around with a new toy at the basic level. Can we try a more lenient reward scale? Something for the general player base? Keep it top heavy but let people play for an actual prize outside of the top 0.5%.

#1: 330 shards (7*), #2-5: 230 (6*), #6-25: 175, #26-100: 145 (5*), #101-200: 110, #201-1000: 95, #1001-2500 (top 50%): 80 (4*)

Then make tournament characters accessible to acquire somewhere immediately after the tournament ends.

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    Now Rebel players can make like 3 entirely capable rebel squads.. where as Empire has a crap roster of useless toons.. Stormtrooper, Veers, Magma..
This discussion has been closed.