The Citadel Pack (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    I was prepared to drop a vault or two for them but with pricing like this not at all.

At the very least they could of included a full toon set of shards like the TIE attack pack.

Now I'm worried about the nihilus event
  • Options
    I just bought, star wars lego the force awakens. What a fun game. Spending else where is satisfying
  • Options
    Lurking us with that event plus talking about dark side toons, now came with a pack that 3k crystals = 10 shards.

Like everybody else we thought CG would release a decent offer. But as always money talks too loud!
  • Options
    For me I was actually looking forward to the pack. I was thinking some research and seeing how viable DK and DT were in arena I was going to open my wallet to the citadel pack. I feel like other people thought this as well. Talking to some whales they say it's not worth it either. It is cool new toons were unlocked not by tournaments but the cost is too high for too little.
    My hope is that no one buys it. And they become farmable some way. I would feel bad for the people that do spend and it becomes farmable after. It is a great way to show that something is not worth it by simply not buying it. I can't blame a company for trying to make money but I do hold them accountable for fixing or tweaking things that aren't working.
  • Options
    I wonder how long they'll let this thread go on. Every single person complaining about the price. And it won't probably won't make any difference to them.

The ridiculous cost of this pack worries me on how they're going to handle the Nihilus event. 5000 crystals for a chance at 5 shards?
  • Options
    As a moderate spender and lover of this game I must stress that the citadel pack is a complete and utter frustration. The crystal cost is absurd to say the least. I would likely had bought multiple packs had the cost been reasonable. This just feels like an insulting slap in the face from EA to the dedicated player base. Very very disappointed. This just mutes any excitement for future events and characters.
  • Captain_Reynolds
    410 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Please tell us that the Citadel Pack was unintentionally priced at 2,999.

In just a few seconds time I went from being so excited to spend some money on this game again to feeling so completely disappointed and about to delete this game outright.
    And being up all morning reading the forums, I know I am not alone.

I honestly think lowering the price down to 1,199 like the other packs, or to whatever it was set for the Shoretrooper and Bistan Pack is reasonable.
    It's likely the Devs are not the ones who set the price but I hope they can speak to whoever is in charge of that and can negotiate on behalf of the community and their fellow colleagues who've been working their butts off making more content for what has been, a great game. Let's not take 10 steps forward and twenty back in one fell swoop.
  • Options
    Can we please stop with the bashing of the devs in this situation? It is getting nobody anywhere and frankly won’t do anything to change their minds. If you are unhappy about the prices post a complaint in a respectful, contrite, professional way or don’t at all. It’s pathetic that as a player base we are expecting free handouts all the time. I understand the frustrations that everyone was looking forward to using these new characters and getting them to seven stars but EA does have to make money. We’ve been begging and begging for these two toons to come since before Rogue One hit the big screen. Of course they’re going to be expensive because our demand for them was through the roof. SWGOH is a free download but is a freemium game, the more you pay the more you will have. They want these toons to be exclusive to the elite players who are paying the bills for the majority of the player base. I look forward to when these toons are farmable and in the meantime I will focus on the toons I am gearing up now.
  • Options
    Agree
  • Options
    I wonder how long before this thread is deleted lol it seems a lot of them aren't staying up long. I wonder the reasoning.
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    Options
    Deleting in 3.....2.....1.......
  • Weaver9
    138 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    First of all @BentWookiee thank you for making a megathered. This is a good way to collate feedback and much better (for you) than monitoring 15 threads an hour. Also makes us feel heard.

Secondly, @CG_Kozispoon and @CG_CapGaSP thank you both for the community engagement as well as the fun event. I dont know your Product Managers, but here's some feedback for them:
    Pack is just a bit too rich for my blood. If it was a minimum 10 shards or you were guaranteed X shards on first purchase that'd be a different story. I understand they're balancing the price with the Omega material, but the main draw to the pack is the shards. I feel like making us pay premium for the Omega isent necessary. Perhaps in the future run a mock A/B test with two packs. One being "Premium" with better potential drops and better minimums, and the other "Basic" along the lines of normal pack drop rates.
    Idk how your sales numbers will pan out... but my gut tells me the pack will still sell, but the people who bought it would have bought this Premium pack anyway. Instead you'll be missing out from people who would have bought (multiple) a 1199 pack.

Lastly, everyone else: if you're unhappy with the pack, simply say so here. Please follow the guidelines @BentWookiee set forth, and you will be heard much more clearly than if you just rage. It's a pack, don't blow this out of proportion, instead make sure to tell them what they did right and where you feel things didn't work out for you personally.
  • Options
    I like them priced at 2,999. I'm saving so much money now that I'm not spending it.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Arbathur wrote: »
    I like them priced at 2,999. I'm saving so much money now that I'm not spending it.

This is it. Atleast I am not tempted at all to o into this pack
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They will not change anything.

Typical moce launch things on a Friday and come in Monday and ignore any "feedback" on forum...
  • Options
    They're not being deleted just being merged into a mega thread
  • Options
    Once the citadel packs expires they will be behind a slightly thinner paywall. It's just going to cost you $500 now to get both to 6*. Haven't heard how much it's been taking to get to 7*.
  • Options
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    Can we please stop with the bashing of the devs in this situation? It is getting nobody anywhere and frankly won’t do anything to change their minds. If you are unhappy about the prices post a complaint in a respectful, contrite, professional way or don’t at all. It’s pathetic that as a player base we are expecting free handouts all the time. I understand the frustrations that everyone was looking forward to using these new characters and getting them to seven stars but EA does have to make money. We’ve been begging and begging for these two toons to come since before Rogue One hit the big screen. Of course they’re going to be expensive because our demand for them was through the roof. SWGOH is a free download but is a freemium game, the more you pay the more you will have. They want these toons to be exclusive to the elite players who are paying the bills for the majority of the player base. I look forward to when these toons are farmable and in the meantime I will focus on the toons I am gearing up now.

Excuse me, but how is expecting a handout even remotely related to expecting something that is reasonably priced and on par with things previously. The R1 packs were 1199 crystals, and that's how I got my shore. I got some ships and characters unlocked leveled up with the mega ship pack. But the price for these last two packs is absurd. So again where are you getting this free handout thing from? No one is saying we should get these for free at 7*.
  • Options
    To whom it may concern,

I would be more than happy to give you some of my entertainment budget for new characters whenever possible. What I will not give you for new characters is my mortgage payment, my insurance payment, my retirement fund payment. Let's get this back under control please.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    Weaver9 wrote: »
    First of all @BentWookiee thank you for making a megathered. This is a good way to collate feedback and much better (for you) than monitoring 15 threads an hour. Also makes us feel heard.

Secondly, @CG_Kozispoon and @CG_CapGaSP thank you both for the community engagement as well as the fun event. I dont know your Product Managers, but here's some feedback for them:
    Pack is just a bit too rich for my blood. If it was a minimum 10 shards or you were guaranteed X shards on first purchase that'd be a different story. I understand they're balancing the price with the Omega material, but the main draw to the pack is the shards. I feel like making us pay premium for the Omega isent necessary. Perhaps in the future run a mock A/B test with two packs. One being "Premium" with better potential drops and better minimums, and the other "Basic" along the lines of normal pack drop rates.
    Idk how your sales numbers will pan out... but my gut tells me the pack will still sell, but the people who bought it would have bought this Premium pack anyway. Instead you'll be missing out from people who would have bought (multiple) a 1199 pack.

Lastly, everyone else: if you're unhappy with the pack, simply say so here. Please follow the guidelines @BentWookiee set forth, and you will be heard much more clearly than if you just rage. It's a pack, don't blow this out of proportion, instead make sure to tell them what they did right and where you feel things didn't work out for you personally.

+1
  • Options
    No way am I ever paying 2,999 crystals for maybe a chance at something over 5 shards. The fact that a topic for this was posted stating that this needs to be discussed tells me all I need to know. As far as I'm concerned, I do not see myself contributing any money towards this game anymore. But that is just my own decision and, as always, to each their own.
  • Options
    They will not pay attention to forums. Mods will delete post if consider that violate the rules.
    So most likely complain here is futile. Just express your opinion with the investment.
  • Options
    Tigzie wrote: »
    A lot is getting deleted...
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    Arbathur wrote: »

This is it. Atleast I am not tempted at all to o into this pack

Well, all the new characters already save me bunch of $ since I am all for movie hero side so DK/DT/coming up DN/Nightsisters (rumor)/Separatists (rumor) will save me a bundle.
  • TheBinder
    87 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The pack costs have gotten out of hand, many members of my guild were fully prepared to spend a few hundred dollars on these packs but not 1k.

Every pack we have been given has been stuffed with price inflating items like Credits and Ability Materials and it has to stop. If it's not things like these ability materials and credits in special packs, then it's useless outdated characters that can be freely farmed elsewhere like in chrome and the Rogue One pack from a month ago.

The pricing has continued to escalate and it has me very worried for not just the upcoming release of Darth Nihilus but for the future of the game. I've spent way more than I would admit to on this game and enjoy playing it, but if new characters are basically blocked outside of the extreme minority then why should I even spend what I do?

Bring back Aurodium type packs and people would spend a lot more. I personally loved those packs because there was a set amount you could expect to spend, and it wasn't $1,000 lol
  • Options
    Tigzie wrote: »
    A lot is getting deleted...

They usually delete the angry posts, to be fair a lot of posts I've been seeing are of people having a rage fit, a lot of the posts in the mega thread have given the feedback of the pack being unacceptable
  • Captain_Reynolds
    410 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm honesty trying to be constructive. The game has taken a lot of really good steps forward recently and I want to see this game be successful and last a long time. The damage has been done this morning but what do you guys think could remedy this other than a price reduction I proposed?
  • Options
    Breaking News. Citadel packs cure cancer!
  • Options
    Was sad when aurodium packs for new characters was removed because I liked the pricing model. This new pricing model is just to high for me, and I'm someone who wouldn't mind spending a $100 or a little more to get a new character to 5 or 6 stars.

I feel like if this pack didn't have the omega mat and was pure shards I'd buy it for 750 to 1000 crystals each.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    The latest money-grab from Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes by EA and Capital Games is called the Citadel Pack. Featuring a chance to get shards of Rogue One Characters Director Krennic and the Death Trooper this “Limited Time Offer” features ability materials, credits and more. “Each pack guarantees 5 shards each for Director Krennic and Death Trooper with a chance to get 30 shards!” All for just 2,999 purple crystals.

Read More > SWGoH: Should I Buy the Citadel Pack?
This discussion has been closed.