The Citadel Pack (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    The basis of any relationship is give and take. When it's all take and no give, the relationship breaks down. I think this pack was the final straw, the damage done today cannot be reversed.

This.
  • Options
    I even tought that the packs were an attempt to desvalorizate the events and bring back tournaments, but it can be only a kind of conspiration on my brain
  • SicksEyeUrn1
    4 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    3k crystals for 10 shards and an omega mat.

Yeah right CG... Let me get back to you on that one.
  • Options
    Finally EA saved me money. What a sick joke.
  • Options
    Dont worry, next event is $2000 entry fee. Upon after compleating event. You'll 25k credits, 4 shards and an mk1 stun gun prototype.
  • Options
    Add me to the list of people that planned to spend a couple hundred but saw the price of the pack and refused to buy a single pack. Very disappointed but thanks for saving me money today.
  • Options
    We all saw this coming after the TIE Attack Packs, but I think the reaction in my guild has been really interesting. We have quite a few big spenders, and the majority of our members have been willing to open their wallets for cool characters. A ton of folks were ready to pay aurodium-level prices for DT and DK, including a few who aren't big spenders. But this new pricing model is so morally offensive that even those who can afford it feel dirty paying such outrageous prices.

I could afford to buy DT and DK but I would likely be the only person on my shard who would have them at 7*. If they're OP, then I won't have any competition. That's not fun. If they're not OP, then I'll be getting ripped off. It's a lose-lose proposition, and I think it's an unfortunate direction for the game to take.
  • Kcm
    84 posts Member
    Options
    I realized I've never been satisfied with any packs I've purchased, none of them. I feel like I get punished for spending money in this game so I guess I'll toe to line and stop. :smile:
  • Ace97302
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    <Quote removed: Threats>

The PR and Dev teams don't control pricing, and don't deserve our ire for this.
  • Options
    OK.. thanks MOST of you for keeping it civil, I will remind you that *ANY* threats (however how funny you might think them, are taken seriously. :|

Express your opinion and leave it at that.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    This is more likely to happen with my money
    chow-yun-fat-lighting-cigarette-with-burning-money.jpg
    Than buying crystals for those new packs
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Dagobond
    134 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Median Individual Income in the US (2004): $30,513 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_income_in_the_United_States)

The most recent SPI report (2012/13) gave annual median income as £21,000 before tax and £18,700 after tax. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_in_the_United_Kingdom)

The average yearly income of Japanese households was 5,372,000 yen ($53,000 €40,000) in 2012. The median income was 4,320,000 ($42,000 €31,500) (http://nbakki.hatenablog.com/entry/2014/07/17/184742)

Looking at the median incomes from three areas it is easy to see how much actual money this new pack will cost for the average citizen. Assuming the new pack will cost $1000 U.S. dollars to get both of the new characters to 7 stars this cost would be the following percentage of a median citizen’s annual income in these countries:

US: 3.27 % (rounded) of annual individual income

UK: 4.28 % (rounded) of annual individual income (using 1.25 U.S. dollars per pound)

Japan: 2.38% (rounded) of annual household income

To put in other terms for the cost of getting these two characters to 7 stars one could purchase a new computer, a new cellphone, an XBox or Playstation with some games, or go on a pretty nice vacation. Is it really reasonable for a company to ask the exceedingly high rates that CG is asking for the ability to get two new characters to 7 stars? I think most reasonable people would say no even if they had the means to spend for it.

I know in the past it was pretty common to get a new character to 7 stars for $200 through Auridom packs. However even that cost is pretty steep for the vast majority of players out there when you look at median incomes.

Lowering the cost could make CG a lot more money in the long run. A good example is the Kim Kardasian emojiis. The app cost $1.99 and she ended up making $1 Million per Minute. (https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=how+much+did+kim+kardashian+make+from+her+emojis)

Admittedly an app from a celebrity may not be exactly the same as a game but if a company has a desirable IP, like Star Wars, there are many desirable celebrity-like characters in it. Certainly a company doesn’t have to charge a decent percentage of a person’s median annual income to make good money selling new content?

My suggestion is to make the characters available to get to 7 stars for a set cost. Say charge $20 to seven star a lesser known character and maybe even up to $50 for a well-known character. This price would still be well above what most games charge for similar paid content.
  • Options
    i miss the days of aurodium packs.

3k for 5 shards i can tell you here how i feel about it..

you sure effed up EA
  • Mika
    48 posts Member
    Options
    I always thought the aurodium packs were expensive and never bought a single pack. Now we get this which makes them a steal compared to this. Such a shame :(
  • Options
    This is an insult to every player in this game, plain and simple. $3000 for two phone characters that will not be meta material in about 3-6 months (see every single meta since the game started Qui Gon, Leia, Rey, Geo Soldier etc etc etc).
  • Options
    This is an insult to every player in this game, plain and simple. $3000 for two phone characters that will not be meta material in about 3-6 months (see every single meta since the game started Qui Gon, Leia, Rey, Geo Soldier etc etc etc).

That's the thing...the meta changes so brutally fast now that meta one weekend is probably not the meta next weekend. Spending a rack for something that won't be meta in 3 months (or 3 weeks, perhaps 3 days) is terrible. Imagine how all the people that blew cash on Chaze feel right now. They didn't even survive 3 months really.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »

That's the thing...the meta changes so brutally fast now that meta one weekend is probably not the meta next weekend. Spending a rack for something that won't be meta in 3 months (or 3 weeks, perhaps 3 days) is terrible. Imagine how all the people that blew cash on Chaze feel right now. They didn't even survive 3 months really.

But are these meta toons?

Maybe Krennic leads will make it there if there is a viable ability lock team. DT is certainly useful, but not really necessary as there are other ways around buffs (TFP buff immunity) and Death mark is a more-win ability.

• Options
    Great price EA will make sum money they need it. I'm not buying but I'm sure the Whales will.
  • Options
    I really like Krennic, but he 3000 cristals is absurd. I will rather unlock Shoretrooper through Shipments, buying the 640 cristals for 8 shards just seems a better option...
  • AKK889
    159 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Dear EA,
    I will not invest in these packs. I can afford it, I just can't see the value you think these packs have.
    I will also save some extra hundreds in crystal vaults to level those new characters, because I won't use them.
    I think that's a lot of money you are not making.

Oh, one more thing.
    I will still be able to beat any team and do just fine in raids without those 2 characters,
    because the product you are selling so extremelly overpriced doesn't provide any real advantage in the game.

Thanks,

Another Whale.
  • Options
    Maybe you guys will be lucky and get the 30 shards when you buy it. Maybe they will be in the shard shop
  • Options
    The Whales are becoming extinct lol
  • Options
    While I won't be buying this pack, why the anger? We got unlocks+ of both characters for free, there's a decent value in the TIE pack, etc. I'd much rather have free unlock and high expense to tier up characters like this, than e.g. a chromium-only release as has occurred in the past without nearly as much complaining.
  • Options
    Glad to see the whales are just as insulted, well most from what I'm reading. TY EA for allowing me to save my money. I put money into Shore when those packs hit but your greed really showed this time.

We are all now seeing the real power of a fully operational greed destroyer...
  • Options
    LOBOTION wrote: »
    Maybe you guys will be lucky and get the 30 shards when you buy it. Maybe they will be in the shard shop

I consider what is more rare, a unicorn or 30 pieces in a citadel package ?....

• Wgterry73
    21 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    What where you thinking? I am appalled by the utter lack of regard of your player base! This is almost as bad as the mod fiasco! Please tell me this was a glitch.... Please
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Anyway, as a borderline kraken, CG have completely lost me as a spender. I can afford these prices, but to pay them would require me to give up my remaining self respect, and I'm no longer willing to do so. I continue to play this game for one reason alone, that I'm part of the greatest guild I could ever have imagined - a guild renowned for spending, by the way, with many of its players now unified in their view of CG and its pricing strategy.

This sums up how I feel, though I have not stopped my spending altogether. I just personally do not feel inclined to buy these packs, for this reason.
  • Options
    I never get on the forum and complain but this is ridiculas! Im a spender and was lookinh forward to this pack but there is no way to justify the robbery going on. What r u guys thinking? Ur loosing more and more spenders and eventually gonna be the downfall of the game. Stop being sooo greedy!
  • Options
    Dear Capital games,

Let me start off by thanking you for making such a great game that i enjoy and llike to spend money on.Ive spent well over 200 bucks in my 6 months of playing this game and this is just getting crazy the way they implement new characters that cost so much, its just too much money for so little game. Like for example overwatch costs 40 bucks and there are no pay walls and new characters are accessible to everyone with base game. This game is much more pay to win, id like it if you could just spend money to speed up progress, and get rid of pay to play characters, i think that would be a much better model. I mean look at wargamming World of Tanks, World of warships they do have some premium ships but they are made in a way that is fairly balanced people usually just pay for premium once a month and they do just fine, and im sure that game costs way more to develop then some mobile game. Everyone in my guild is just tired of how cash grab this game is, and how much we have to farm to get such crap rewards all the time. If you make your rewards consistent and lower priced you will get many many more people willing to give you money instead of the top 1% of the player base giving you money. Please listen to your community and lets make Star wars great again.

• Misanthrop
    63 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I dont believe that more than 50-60% of the people who posted in this thread would have even bought it at aurodium price Level.

But the current trend of pricing and the even worse droprates behind it, look so obscene and out of touch to the playerbase, that its really hard to not seeing it as a cashgrab or else.

I dont know what the Strategy is behind this,
    if its some sort of neogation or to make future packs look more apealling.
    But i think it wasnt very beneficial for the players trust in your ability to head the right direction for the future of this game.

I dont think its even about the money itself,
    but nobody likes to be seen as a living ATM machine.
This discussion has been closed.