The Citadel Pack (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Hiya.. this is a subject that needs to be discussed, but remember the goal of these forums is to create a community for players that is helpful, friendly, and allows them to give feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

I need to ask people to be civil and follow Forum Guidelines. Here are some key ones that are getting people warned etc..

Unwanted topics
    Posts and user feeds that contain the following elements, per the judgment of forum staff, are not permitted:
    • Discussion of moderation.
    • Discouraging other users from playing the game
    • Discouraging other users from making in game purchases
    • Posts bashing EA, CG, the dev team or the moderators.
    • Posts on how the game is dead, or how it’s going to die, or anything along those lines.
    • Threads telling people to quit, to stop spending on the game or to lower their review scores.

AS ALWAYS YOU CAN FIND THE FULL FORUM GUIDELINES HERE:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1186/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-forum-guidelines#latest
    The Moderation team is just doing what we do, enforcing the Forum Guidelines. A good discourse is a great thing but it needs to be done within the rules that we live by.

Thanks.

This.

But let me simply offer a bit of constructive criticism, developers. Please pass this on to the folks who do the pricing:

We're all Star Wars fans. As long as they keep paying you guys and gals to dev the game, we're not leaving.

With that being said, I would implore them to remember that as fans, we want to play this game, so please look for the long-term profits rather than the short. The Aurodium packs gave similar rewards but were a fraction of the price. Personally, I feel as if the powers that be are trying to give me the option to either become a Kraken or a complete F2P. It feels as though the bar for paying has been increased substantially.

PERHAPS this is not the case and I'm wrong. I don't have access to the analytics. What I will tell you, however, is that a feeling barometer is a measurement for a reason. For me (and potentially others), the player, I feel as though a grab is being made at my cash. I don't feel as though these purchases are "worth it". Don't get me wrong, I REALLY like the Omega material in the pack, but between the likelihood of 5-5 shard drops and the pittance of credits for the cash value of a bit over 20 bucks? It just requires a massive investment. I understand that the model has been Pay to Play gets exclusivity, but is not the bar for pay to play being raised just a bit?

Perhaps it's because the characters are being made available to ALL players who can do the event. I actually love that. Keep going on that front, because it's wonderful. But to have to pay between 600 and 1400 dollars in order to 7* two characters? That is about as bad as the Millennium Falcon, which is already seen as a bad investment. In fact, I only know of a handful of people in my guild (TI) who have the Falcon, and none of them have it at 7*. It's unusuable and the popular consensus is that it's a waste. I don't say that to insult, I say that to illustrate that the 2500 crystal price point is a little high for anything but the deepest sea lurking krakens out there.

We're all here because we WANT to be here. We want to spend money. But we don't want to spend that much money. If you had a 1000 crystal pack that gave 5 shards apiece guaranteed with the Omega and even 50k credits? I'd consider that a decent deal. 1500 for 10 shards, omega, and 50k credits? A pretty solid deal. Money is still made, players are still required to invest, but the feeling is that we'd get our money's worth, as it were.

Thank you very much for your time, and I hope this criticism doesn't fall on deaf ears.

Respectfully,

iN Colloff
  • Options
    These new packs and the bad drop rates make me really upset with the game. I feel as though the player base is being abused. I used to enjoy spending a bit to gear up characters, but this has reached absurdity. I am very seriously considering quitting, like so many of my shardmates already have. $1k to level the newest toon that will be obsolete in a few months? No thank you.
  • Options
    As someone who enjoys spending on this game this is just crazy! We're not going to spend unless we get at least some modicum value for money. This is truly insane pricing
  • Options
    Well im not even, going to buy any crystals no more, not even for the much needed stun cuffs. Always bought the £15 pack for 2800 crystals. To get the cuffs. But now with crystal going up and other packs. I boss not going give me a payrise to pay for these ridiclous prices
  • Options
    I spent over $500 on Citadel packs this AM. While it wouldn't be fair to say I regret the purchase, I definitely do not feel there is appropriate value for money in these packs. I pulled only 5 shards of each toon in the 30 some packs I bought. Having previously invested in Chromiums and Aurodiums (as well as ship pack), I have finally come to the point where I no longer feel compelled to further invest in this game.

The changes starting with the improvements to Boba Fett and culminating with the recent buffs to the First Order demonstrate that there is continued willingness to upend meta all too often. And, while this may fundamentally be a good thing for the game, it's an indication to me that additional spending is not necessary. Simply, whatever advantage I may gain by spending now will soon be negated by meta shifts.

Still even with this I might feel compelled to continue my efforts to collect different interesting characters, but the price is now prohibitively high.

TL;DR - absolute and relative values have been shifting in very unfavorable ways for players of late. While I was comfortable with the value prop based on Aurodium packs and increased drop-rate Chromiums, I am no longer comfortable with the value prop of today's offerings.
  • Options
    Stormy wrote: »
    RE: Citadel Pack

It would appear the avg price tag on these heroes, as a package to 7*, is between $600-$1000 USD (depending on your luck).

I'm sure new players, looking to invest, will find this price acceptable and long time spenders or past spenders will find it a grudge buy to unacceptable.

I'd honestly feel a price tag of around $200 per new Hero to 7* is something that would not cause alarm or much unrest for new and old players.

Personally, I would most likely not even buy into a $200 new product, but I believe a healthy amount of possible spenders would.

(I understand there are other rare resources to take into consideration, but 99% of the players overlook those when looking at these price tag packs. I'd suggest removing the extra resources, or dulling them down, if it helps reduce the pack cost.)

I'm happy with my collection, and have settled for enjoying a slow grind at this point.

Thanks for reading.

I have a very different opinion about the "value" of that $200. I pay less than that for an entire year of Netflix, access to unlimited content and all future content. So, as far as dollar for dollar "entertainment" value that's pretty low for a single toon at 7*

However. We are not even talking about getting an exclusive 7* toon for that $200, like the old aurodiums. Now it's a grand for just 4 stars on a toon EVERYONE has that's alledgedly viable at just 3*.
  • Options
    The way DT and DK was handled initially I think was a brilliant move and a great way to generate excitement. However the price for a chance at more than 5 shards a piece just killed whatever excitement I had over these too and because it's yet to happen has me extremely skeptical at Darrh Nihilus now.
  • Options
    After the anticipated release of DT and Director Krennic I was very excited to get these guys geared up to have a fighting chance in arena. I have been hoarding crystals for the Citadel Pack so that I could realistically get Krennic at least to 5 stars. I should not have assumed the Citadel Pack would be 599 or 1199 crystals. If you do the math, spending $100 on the Citadel Pack will (most likely situation) get you only 15 shards for each character. Buying between 16-17 packs you would be able to 7* Krennic (worst case scenerio) which would cost $1600-1700. The thing that I was trying to get to is Darth Nihlius. For all we know, Nihlius could quickly end this rising Empire meta in its tracks. But how will Nihlius be released? Will we have to spend money to get him to 7* as well? I am getting more and more disappointed and worried about the future of this game for FTP and even PTP players. I don't think any of us (including PTP) want to spend this much on a character that will be not as viable within a month. That being said, I do really enjoy this game. I play this game everyday and I believe there is no better Star Wars Mobile Game. It just seems like no matter how much I invest in this game, I would have to spend money to keep up with everyone. Thoughts?
  • Options
    To me it's like investing in securities: i weigh up risk and return.

If i adapt that about spending money for this pack it's easy to decide whether i buy it or not: i won't buy any: way too less return for the risk i'd take.

I mean approximately 20$ For 10 shards... i'm a bit concerned that this whole situation takes an abnormal turning.

Cheers

• Options
    I got burnt out on the forum & don't pay much attention anymore. I feel REALLY naïve - irritated - disappointed etc etc.
    So... 1st the Tie packs pricing & now I guess I missed the memo on the details of this Krennic/Death event. I thought it was going to be similar to the Palp / Yoda / K2so events. I've already put resources into gearing/leveling Krennic & was excited about this character. Imagine my surprise when I find out not only are the brakes put on at 5/65 but the packs to buy shards are set at *expletive 3K crystals for FIVE shards!!?!? Maybe I'm a bonehead or Maybe they should have released all the details instead of this rope-a-dope.
    The pricing for this game has always been insane but this is like rip your hair out & run around the neighborhood naked while throwing cats mode.
    Please tell me there aren't players that are actually going to buy this. It's not a matter of what you can "afford", just be smart & extend a finger.
    I've thought about quitting many times but 14 months in & I'm still here. Call me crazy, I'm actually enjoying the game right now but things like this are disappointing.
    This feels like a move from a company that thinks their product is a little long in the tooth... Just let it develop when it develops & go buy a boat!
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options
    As many have stated earlier, I'm grateful this pack is such a high price...that way I'm not tempted to buy AT ALL.

Also, many have assumed that "complaining" here on the forums will have no effect and will fall on deaf ears. I tend to disagree. The devs have listened to feedback on here before and have made changes accordingly. However, changing the prices of the packs at this point would be an absolute mess.
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    Options
    What happened? I was excited. Dark side event! I began spending more to gear DS and the newly unlocked DT and Krennic. Now I can get 5 shards of each for only a low $20. After I got past the rage quit emotions, I realized how bad this is setup. I mean how bad is it when you wish you could go back to only paying $200 per toon or even when new farmable characters were put into play. I realize I'm paying a premium for a Star Wars mobile game, but when you decide if you want to make a house payment or get two pixel characters something is way off.
  • Options
    Countdown to Rogue One pack gave TWICE the shards and cost HALF as much. Why is this so much more for less?
  • Options
    2,999 should get you guaranteed 15 shards per character not 5-30(30 might event be just a 2% or 1%drop rate); refer to aurodium packs. we love does.
  • Options
    boy ea you could have at least bought us drink 1st.
    Noodles
  • Options
    oofalong wrote: »
    I spent over $500 on Citadel packs this AM. While it wouldn't be fair to say I regret the purchase, I definitely do not feel there is appropriate value for money in these packs. I pulled only 5 shards of each toon in the 30 some packs I bought. Having previously invested in Chromiums and Aurodiums (as well as ship pack), I have finally come to the point where I no longer feel compelled to further invest in this game.

The changes starting with the improvements to Boba Fett and culminating with the recent buffs to the First Order demonstrate that there is continued willingness to upend meta all too often. And, while this may fundamentally be a good thing for the game, it's an indication to me that additional spending is not necessary. Simply, whatever advantage I may gain by spending now will soon be negated by meta shifts.

Still even with this I might feel compelled to continue my efforts to collect different interesting characters, but the price is now prohibitively high.

TL;DR - absolute and relative values have been shifting in very unfavorable ways for players of late. While I was comfortable with the value prop based on Aurodium packs and increased drop-rate Chromiums, I am no longer comfortable with the value prop of today's offerings.

Well said
  • Options
    I started playing a couple of weeks after launch. I've spent somewhere between $5-10k since that time.

This citadel pack was a joke and a slap in the face to us. I've thrown in the towel and uninstalled the game. I can't even support them as ftp. This post isn't an I quit post or to encourage others to do the same. I'm simply voicing my reality as I know the devs are reading this. It was a good run while it lasted. It's too bad it had to come to this.
  • Options
    The price to get these 2 toons to 7* is ridiculous expensive. I love to max every toon but this time the prizes cross the line by way too far.
    What about a chirrut-baze pack like you guys did or Aurodrium ?
    Please don't kill the fun.
  • Options
    Unfortunately there are still people buying it. Guildmate just 7* both toons 2 hours ago...
  • Options

+1, we'll stated and I agree
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    Options
    They did say Chirrut is strong in force........and he forced his counter :wink:
  • Options
    What a JOKE! Simple as I can put it!!!!
  • Options
    1000 bucks for 2 toons to max.........please
  • Options
    This situation is a bit too close to the Baze situation in November, except instead of buying chromiums with nothing gained, we are barred from buying at the gate. Even if I were for some crazy reason to decide to buy any amount of these citadel packs what's to say they won't end up in shard shop soon with how abnormal this situation is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dekeheads wrote: »
    The pack is WAY too expensive. $600-$1000 for 2 toons is crazy. Long time EA spender and I Refuse to buy this pack

Actually $600 would be right in line with previous costs ($200-300 per toon with aurodium packs). The problem is the new pack works out to over $1k easily to get both 7*.

The per shard cost looks to be around 300 crystal per shard....that's just a crazy increase from the 50-100 per it used to be.
  • Options
    Dear Powers that Be at Spenders Anonymous

My name is Charlatan and I am a whale, possibly a kraken. I have played this game since Dec 2015 and I have spent a fair amount. From Chromiums, Aud, Ships, Rebel Packs (in order to star advance due to the malignant presence of rampant abusers), refreshing mod shop and purchasing enough mods to drown in, I've done it all and seen it all.

Others above have commented on how poorly various character releases have been (mis) managed so I won't reiterate the point. However, I do feel extremely appalled at the pricing of the current packs especially vis-a-vis the length of time these remain meta. By pricing it as such, the perceived "value" in the packs are insulting and in my humble view, reflects poorly in judgment. For us, it's a game we enjoy. For you, it's a revenue stream. So I am sure you agree that sustainability is important.

EA's vision is to be a "generous company and a community member". The 2008 iteration of the Code of Conduct has Customer Satisfaction as one of its key values where relationships are built and feedback sought. In your current Global Code of Conduct, player relationships are stated to be your most valuable asset. Your CEO's message in that same document talks about providing an ethical work environment and I submit that this ethical environment should extend to your most valuable asset.

I sincerely hope this would be looked at in detail and feedback solicited. I note there's a third party reporting service hosted via ethicspoints but I feel the forum is the place where feedback should be digested and examined AND comments from developers provided.

Cheers
    Charlatan
  • Options

Well put.

I spend a reasonable amount per day (i'm still gearing a lot). I will never consider spending on packs like this. If anything, it makes me question why I'm spending at all. I was very excited about DT and krennic though.

Same goes for all the reworks. What's the point of spending ressources wisely and 'inform before you gear' , to see the variables randomly change afterwards.
  • Options
    I cannot justify spending £15 for guaranteed ten shards, an omega mat and a low amount of credits and apparently, neither can most of the heavy spenders. There's just flat out no value for money.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    I like the pricing. It doesn't even tempt me to spend money on it, hence saving me lots =]
  • Options
    In a little over a year, I've gone from FTP, to P2P, to dolphin. I really considered going full whale for these toons.

Now, the message is clear. You can either be a SWGOH whale, or buy a new car every year. Makes it incredibly easy to go back to 100% FTP, which I am absolutely doing.
This discussion has been closed.