Breaking News!!!! 11-page Update Notes will be Released Feb 3 PST.

Replies

• ByzantineByron
    150 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    At least I'll soon find out if it was worth holding off on grinding Poe. I don't think he needs a nerf to be fair but I appear to be in the minority there.
  • Options
    At least I'll soon find out if it was worth holding off on grinding Poe. I don't think he needs a nerf to be fair but I appear to be in the minority there.

It's pretty blasphemous that a pilot from The Force Awakens is the most powerful character in the Star Wars universe...
  • Options
    just read it tomorrow. it wont affect anything for a few weeks anyway. could be another 4 hours before they release it, they may decide to do it tomorrow, or forget to do it today, who knows.

I was hoping to having something to read on the train ride home tonight :(
  • Options
    Whales wrote: »

It's pretty blasphemous that a pilot from The Force Awakens is the most powerful character in the Star Wars universe...

He clearly got some upgrades after crashing in Jakku.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

It's not Poe that's killing toons left and right. It's the high burst DPS toons he brings to the party.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Remove the 25% turn meter reduction from Poe's taunt and you have a fair fight.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Ahhh hurry with the patch notes! I'm bored as all hell and really excited to see what they are :D
  • Options
    Is this thread really going to turn into another discussion about Poe being OP?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Second most powerful is a tie fighter pilot from the forcé awakens ;)
  • Options
    At least Poe had more than 10 seconds of screen time in the movie.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

And the third most powerful is the gal that piloted the Falcon in the Force Awakens! I'm sensing a pattern...
  • Options
    Anubis wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »

And the third most powerful is the gal that piloted the Falcon in the Force Awakens! I'm sensing a pattern...

The force is strong with this one
  • Options
    Anyone waiting for nerfs, don't get your hopes up, especially with tfa characters. They're designed to perform at an elite level.
  • Options
    I'm 95% sure that Poe won't get nerfed and everyone will go berserk
  • Options
    Nitric wrote: »

That last part is a given.
  • Options

Eh, it's a turn based rpg...everyone should have their abilities and be "equally balanced". FoTP obviously hits the strongest just out of balancing, but it shouldn't go the way of "who is the strongest characters" or this game would get stale pretty quick...

Yoda, Luke, Vader, Emperor, Obi VS Yoda, Luke, Vader, Emperor, Obi EVERY match lol...

Although with current balancing and F2P hero rushes, it's always the same matches anyway . ...Poe / Dooku / Phasma / Lumi / Sid / ect. ect....

I kind of like that the FoTP hits the hardest, I'm just hoping that the next big character is someone of equal lore. After some fine tweaking I'd really hate to see this game go the way of "omg Yoda is the strongest, he hits 2k harder than anyone else!!" Then the actual fun and strategy of the game disappears. I'm only giving a pass to the mess of balancing now because it's only a couple months old, but it would be nice if a Resistance trooper hit just as hard as say Luke...
  • Options

Everyone without a Poe of their own
  • Options

I'm 95% sure that Poe will get nerfed and everyone will go berserk
  • Options
    Common capital games
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    If the don't change Poe, or make other changes that dramatically affect his ability to decide matches before the other team moves, my faith in this development team will be seriously shaken. We shall see.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Although with current balancing and F2P hero rushes, it's always the same matches anyway . ...Poe / Dooku / Phasma / Lumi / Sid / ect. ect....
    AMEN brotha! im running through my arena before pay out right now. every match. lumi sid dooku phasma. 5th toon is irrelevant, but normally poe, geo, poggle, or kylo.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    If the don't change Poe, or make other changes that dramatically affect his ability to decide matches before the other team moves, my faith in this development team will be seriously shaken. We shall see.

Thing is, whatever they do, 50% of the community will rage. Your faith is yours. Other's are other's. So if you are shaken, others won't be. If you are not shaken, others will be. Either way, change or no change, it's gonna be a bumpy ride for those who take video games too seriously.

• Options
    No matter what happens we will have people complaining about the extent to which Poe was/wasn't nerf.

INVARIENT: All updates must come with complaints.
  • Options

Thing is, whatever they do, 50% of the community will rage. Your faith is yours. Other's are other's. So if you are shaken, others won't be. If you are not shaken, others will be. Either way, change or no change, it's gonna be a bumpy ride for those who take video games too seriously.

This. Seriously though, most people take games a bit too serious.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thing is, whatever they do, 50% of the community will rage. Your faith is yours. Other's are other's.
    I don't care about others, because they're wrong. See how easy it is? :)
    Yes I get your point. But honestly, anyone who at this point can't see what a joke Poe has made of this game has blinders on.
    Every high-level team is the same thing: Poe, Phasma and one-shotters or Poe, Poggle and droids. And they all destroy other teams before they even get a chance. I just fought a Poe/Poggle/droid team and it was just one-shot after one-shot. That's not how a turn-based game should work.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    I'm 95% sure that we'll all get nerfed and Poe will go berserk.

My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Thing is, whatever they do, 50% of the community will rage. Your faith is yours. Other's are other's.
    I don't care about others, because they're wrong. See how easy it is? :)
    Yes I get your point. But honestly, anyone who at this point can't see what a joke Poe has made of this game has blinders on.
    Every high-level team is the same thing: Poe, Phasma and one-shotters or Poe, Poggle and droids. And they all destroy other teams before they even get a chance. I just fought a Poe/Poggle/droid team and it was just one-shot after one-shot. That's not how a turn-based game should work.

So rather than conform to the current meta and use Poe yourself, you want the whole dynamic changing just to suit you? Despite the fact that you've stated that you have 14k or whatever amount it was in Cantina tokens. More people have Poe now than those who don't, so nerfing him at this stage would, in my opinion, be a bad move.

For somebody who spends a lot of time on here and seemingly playing GW, you don't have many positive things to say about it.
  • Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    I'm 95% sure that we'll all get nerfed and Poe will go berserk.

Favorite quote so far :smile:
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    So rather than conform to the current meta and use Poe yourself, you want the whole dynamic changing just to suit you?
    I want the dynamic changed so there is variety and viability for a breadth of different builds. I couldn't care less about duplicating everyone else's boring cookie-cutter teams.
    I've been farming Poe for weeks. I could unlock him in a few hours and star him pretty quickly. Doesn't matter. He's extremely overpowered and has basically ruined PvP in this game. He needs to be fixed.